• Published 15th Mar 2017
  • 1,869 Views, 35 Comments

We Gotta Get Outta This Place - Sense of Humor



The mane six journey into the heart of a recently developed island to rescue a personal friend, but the island is not as barren as predicted and it's inhabitants are not as anyone would ever expect..

  • ...
4
 35
 1,869

Page 3

Celestia patiently frowned. "Explain it to us in more detail then."

The Geographical consultant coughed timidly, clearly trying to find a good place to start. "Well...as I said, we have no real evidence or facts about the island itself, other than it being surrounded by an impossible storm cloud. It is consistently causing lightning strikes within itself as well as unending rain...without the aid of Pegasi I might add."

"That is impossible..." Luna gasped in curious alarm; in all of her life, she had hardly ever heard of weather created without Peagsi. A phenomenon such as this may as well have been myth to her. "This island sounds like a larger iteration of the Everfree Forest."

"I hope not." Cadence commented worriedly, her wings fluttering in frustration. "That horrible place has too many odd inhabitants as it is...What could my husband have meant by Monsters?"

"I'm not so sure, your majesty. Something would have to already be on the island when it arrived for there to be any...issues." The consultant offered. "But, perhaps they are similar to our own fauna in which they don't posses means of defending themselves against magical attacks. Since Prince Shining Armor is a skilled unicorn, I imagine he's been able to ward off any natural predators on the island--which could mean the predators are relatively small, or the same size as...a timber wolf for example. "

"His letter doesn't say anything against that. But there must be many creatures on this island, for him to have mentioned them so urgently. He may be running out of time even as we speak. " Was Cadence's response, before she turned sharply to Celestia. "I wish to lead a search party onto the island."

The Princess looked surprised at her request. "I...I do not think that would be the wisest decision, Cadence." As an expected scoff was heard, Celestial continued with a more stern tone. "Do not think that this is because of my previous law banning exploration of the island, Cadence! No matter what we have theorized, this island could be more dangerous than our darkest imaginations. Shining Armor would be very displeased if I endangered his wife by letting her go to such a place to begin with, let alone the possibility of you being hurt."

"Well I would never be able to forgive myself if he gets hurt or worse, not when I could have done something to help him! If you want to lead this, then fine! Just let me be apart of it! We'll need all the ponies we can get if we want to find him on such a large island!" She looked to her sister in law, who had been eerily silent throughout the whole conversation. "Twilight? You share my desires, right?"

The purple alicorn looked up from her hooves as if she had been daydreaming, or perhaps recalling a memory. "...well...I understand and completely agree with what Princess Celestia wants in terms of safety. I want all of us to be safe too. " She sighed quietly. "But I also want my brother back, more than safety could hope to deter me from. "

Celestia tried to open her mouth; tried to respond with something that could change both their minds...but even she couldn't think of a single word to help. How could she? The princess looked to her sister to see who side she was on, and a knowing stare was all she needed to sigh to herself. "I can see that I'm outnumbered this, aren't I...? I...I shall arrange for a small army to accompany us to the island as a precaution, but I take it at least one of you have ponies they wish to bring along?"

First the first time in an hour, Twilight smiled softly. "Just a few."


" I STILL CANT BELIEVE WE'RE GOING ON A VACATION! I MEAN, DOES ANYPONY STILL TAKE THOSE?!"

"Yes, Pinkie darling. Its just that nopony likes to tell you for fear of you throwing them a huge going away party." Rarity barely had time to roll her eyes thanks to the compact mirror sitting in her hoof. A single lock of her hair refused to stay put no matter how much she brushed and pushed at it; annoying little thing. "Blast you, STAY THERE!"

"Um, Pinkie...? I'm pretty sure Twilight said this was...erm...not a vacation." Fluttershy squeaked when a small suitcase of hers leaned slightly to the left atop a mountain of other luggage. "I mean...unless you want to look at it that way. It would be more relaxing."

"Chillaxing, Flutters."

"Sure. Chillaxing." For the second time in her life, Fluttershy rolled her eyes. "I...almost forgot. My point was that this is a little more urgent than a usual vacation."

"Oh riiiight! I totally forgot about it somehow." Pinkie giggled and waved her hoof dismissively. "Can you imagine that?"

Rather than let anyone sarcastically respond to that, Applejack swallowed the last bite of her apple and coughed to clear her throat. "Speakin' a what we're really doing, Ah want us t'...y'know...not mention it so much aroun Twalaght. She might be real stressed over this whole search party, an' I don't want her to be constantly reminded of what might 'r might not have happened to Shining Armor. Y'all think we kin manage that?"

"Totally!"

"Of course, Darling!"

"Um,sure."

"What's a Axolotl?"

"Good!" Applejack nodded, pleased at the agreement of her companions and their mutual caring for Twilight. Before anypony else could say anything or think anything, the door to the library opened up abruptly and allowed two familiar figures to wander inside with their backs strapped down with luggage. "Oh! Good Evenin' Starlight! And...Trixie."

"Hey, guys! " Starlight cheekily grinned, before noticing the less than happy stares sent at her blue coated friend. "Trixie here decided to postpone her tours for a while when I mentioned searching for Prince Shining Armor! She's offered to help in all this!"

"You heard right: The Great and Powerful Trixie will generously offer her help to bring back Shining Armor. No need to send me your gratuitous thanks." The showmare rubbed her hoof against herself and inspected it as if interested, before glancing up to see why nopony had thanked her. "...so anyways, I take it you all will be going too?"

"No, we're going to be joining an Art Class." Rarity groaned in frustration when the lone strand of hair puffed out once more after a minute of her hoof holding it down. "UGH! Why won't you just stay put?" A blue glow struck the strand of hair and it suddenly flattened against the curve of her hair as she'd wanted. Gasping, Rarity looked towards Trixie. "You fixed it! What spell was that?"

"A Crisco Spell! Trixie has unruly hair herself." Trixie responded politely. "That keeps it in place and adds a little shine too!"

Rainbow Dash snickered into her hoof, much to Rarity's chagrin. "Oh, she's gonna love that spell! She'll use it everyday!"

Pinkie tried in vain to stifle a laugh. "That is so true!"

"Pinkie?!" Rarity looked betrayed.

The door swung opened once again, this time baring only a young purple dragon who seemed to be caring his own share of luggage. "Guys, outside! Twilight's waiting for us! The sooner we go, the sooner we can get on the train for Canterlot!" Spike announced, and everypony immediately got to work grabbing their individual luggage.

Author's Note:

The Search party prepares! The mode of transportation? Next chapter!