• Published 8th Mar 2017
  • 5,358 Views, 27 Comments

Dragon Ball Z Kai: Equestrian Adventures - ChristtonMash



After the Cell Games, Son Goku is sent to Equestria to be its new protector. Now granted a pass to the new world, the Saiyan is continuing his journey to become the strongest martial artist in the universe.

  • ...
3
 27
 5,358

Welcome to Equestria, Goku! Nightmare Moon's Return?

In the heavenly Other World stood a man with spiky black hair in an orange gi and a blue belt tied around his waist. Along with this was a blue undershirt and weighted wristbands. He darted across the skies, throwing an assortment of punches and kicks before smashing his fist into the ground, creating an abnormally large hole.

This was Son Goku, a Saiyan raised on planet Earth.

Throughout his life, he had faced many terrifying and powerful foes. The Red Ribbon Army, Raditz, and Frieza just to name a few. However, it was his fight with Cell, the bio-android, that was his most recent and his last fight before his sacrifice. Goku's son, Gohan, had almost defeated Cell, but he had one last trick up his sleeve. If he was going to die, he would take the planet and everyone on it with him. Cell tried to self destruct, but Goku jumped in and used his Instant Transmission technique to warp himself and Cell to King Kai's planet, where the bio-android self destructed.

However, Cell managed to regenerate from a single cell of his body left from the explosion. He returned to Earth, now stronger than ever. Even so, Gohan managed to destroy Cell and bring peace back to the world. Goku was given the opportunity to be brought back to life, but he refused, saying that all of the threats that came to Earth were drawn in by him and his power. Earth has enjoyed three more months of peace and Goku now lived with King Kai, the is the king of the northern quadrant of the universe.

While Goku had many opportunities to fight in Other World, he was starting to get bored. "That seems good enough for today." Goku said to no one in particular. "But there's only so much I can do around here, and the Other World Tournament isn't coming again until next year. I know!" He stopped his midair training and preformed Instant Transmission towards King Kai.

When he arrived on the planet, the king was currently working on his house since Goku destroyed it during one of his training sessions.

He turned around to see Goku mere inches away from him. He jumped back in shock. "Goku! W-what are you doing here?! I told you to stay away while I was working!"

The Saiyan warrior scratched his head in embarrassment. "I know, King Kai, but things have been pretty slow around here ever since the Other World Martial Arts Tournament."

King Kai knew where he was headed and shook his head. "I'm sorry Goku. As much as I would love for you to get out of my hair, you can't just walk among mortals. You died during your fight with Cell and until your're wished back by the Dragon Balls, you're unfortunately stuck here, so just keep training. I'm sure there's something you can do to entertain yourself."

Before he could continue, King Kai froze, standing completely motionless besides his antennae twitching and several nervous facial expressions. He was receiving a message via telepathy. When the transmission ended, he lowered his antennae slightly and smiled.

By now, Goku was perplexed and tapped the king on the head. "Hey, are you alright? You seem really distant."

King Kai snapped back into reality. "Oh, uh- Good news Goku, I'm sending you off on a special mission with an even greater perk." The Saiyan leaned in, now intrigued by what he had to say. "Yep, I found someone who will grant you a pass to be among the living again."

"Wow! Really!?" Goku now had a big, excited grin on his face. "But I thought you said I could only be wished back by the Dragon Balls."

"I did, but I never said that was your only way." King Kai chuckled However, it is slightly flawed. You'll still be deceased when you go to this place."

"Oh... bummer. But hey, at least I can have some fun outside of Other World. So, when do I head out?" Goku asked. That's when he saw King Kai plaster on an even bigger smile.

"Right now!" King Kai quickly put his hands forward before launching a yellow sphere of Ki energy towards the Saiyan before warping him off to his location. After he vanished, the king took a sigh of relief. "Finally, some peace at last." King Kai then relaxed and leaned against the wall he had just built for his house. However, he had put to much pressure on it, causing the structure to break apart. King Kai sighed, knowing that he had just accidentally destroyed his work. "Ugh..."



When light was visible once more, Goku was now well aware that he was no longer in Other World.

"Hello, sir." a feminine voice caught the attention of Goku as he turned to see who owned the voice. It was a tall white unicorn with wings. Her light colored rainbow mane majestically flowed in the air. She wore a crown and had pale light magenta eyes. "You must be the one King Kai sent over. I am Princess Celestia."

"Hey there! I'm Goku! I'm a Saiyan from planet Earth!"

The princess nodded. "From what King Kai told me, you're quite the fighter."

Goku smirked. "So, you know King Kai?"

"We go back to few thousand years." she chuckled.

"Wow! So why did you ask King Kai to send me here?" The Saiyan looked around at the room he was in. He noticed the large amount of details in the room. "If I'm here because you want to give me some big reward, I've got to decline. I don't have a treasure cove!"

Celestia's expression suddenly turned grim. "It is not for that, but something far worse." Goku leaned in in curiosity. "My sister, Princess Luna, was banished to the moon for a thousand years, and now she is going to return, tonight."

"Well that's great! It must be nice to see your sister again after so long."

"Sadly, that is not the case. For thousands of years, Luna and I have raised and lowered the Moon and Sun respectively. But as time went on, my younger sister became resentful. The ponies relished and played in the day I brought forth, but shunned and slept through her beautiful night."

"One fateful day, she refused to lower the moon to make way for the dawn. I tried to reason with her, but the bitterness in her heart had transformed her into a wicked mare of darkness: Nightmare Moon. She pledged to bring about eternal night. I was reluctant to banish her to the moon. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do." She shed a tear before continuing.

"She will return tonight, but unlike before, I do not have the means necessary to banish her once more, nor do I want to."

Goku now realized why she had brought him here. Celestia's sister: Princess Luna, had become corrupted by evil. She was going to confront her tonight and needed backup if something went wrong. "You realize why I ask this of you. Am I correct?"

The Saiyan snapped back into reality and replied with a quick nod.

"Thank you, Son Goku. I wish I did not have to ask this of you."

"It's no problem, really. I'm eager to get in on some action!"

Celestia nodded once more. "For now, suggest you head down to Ponyville. Night shall be arriving soon and I believe you should be prepared for when Nightmare Moon comes. I will summon you if needed, but this is something that is between me and my sister." She then handed Goku a map and wished him safe travels.

The Saiyan flew out of one of the open windows and finally took the time to see what his surroundings looked like outside of the castle. Outside the castle was a city featuring ivory towers with golden spires, and many waterfalls and rivers running through it. He continued hovering before taking off once more in a burst of speed, surrounded by a clear light blue aura.



Goku had met some interesting folks once he arrived. Some ponies ran and hid while one unicorn in particular convinced the others that he was friendly thanks to him having hands. Eventually, the residents of Ponyville finally warmed up to Goku.

Not to long after that was when he found a note on his map that Celestia wrote, reading: "Go to the Library and find Twilight Sparkle."

When he arrived, there seemed to be a large party going on with what seemed like hundreds of ponies in the massive tree library. The most important thing he noticed was the large food table set up. Goku immediately rushed over and sat himself down, only to come face to face with a pink earth pony with an even pinker and puffier mane.

"Hi there! I'm Pinkie Pie and I love making new friends! I don't think I've ever seen you around here! What's your name?" she asked in a spastic way.

"I'm Goku! A Saiyan from planet Earth." He took a bite out of one of the cupcakes on the table.

"Wow! You seem hungry. Cupcake race! One, Two, Three, Go!" And just like that, Goku and Pinkie started gouging themselves with food. A few ponies stopped to see what was going on, but many simply continued mingling. Out of the corner of his eye, the Saiyan noticed a small purple dragon with green spikes walking up stairs.

"Aren't you gonna keep eating?" Pinkie asked, her mouth stuffed with cupcakes.

Goku shook his head. "Uh- you go on ahead, there's something I gotta do." He navigated his way through ponies as they headed out the door. As he flew up the stairs, he made it just in time to see the dragon finish talking to a lavender unicorn.

"Sorry if I'm interrupting, but are you Twilight Sparkle?" the Saiyan earned a nod before Pinkie Pie burst through the door.

"C'mon, it's time to watch the sunrise!"

"Well you heard her, it's time to go!" Twilight grabbed the dragon and teleported out of the room.



At the town hall, everypony and Goku were anxiously waiting for Celestia to raise the Sun for the start of the Sumer Sun Celebration.

Mayor Mare, the mayor of Ponyville stepped up and adressed the ponies. "Fillies and gentlecolts, as mayor of Ponyville, it is my great pleasure to announce the beginning of the Summer Sun Celebration!" Ponies cheered as Goku looked over to Twilight to see her nervous expression.

"In just a few moments, our town will witness the magic of the sunrise, and celebrate this, the longest day of the year! And now, it is my great honor to introduce to you the ruler of our land, the very pony who gives us the sun and the moon each and every day, the good, the wise, the bringer of harmony to all of Equestria..."

A white unicorn readied herself to pull open the curtains as a light yellow pegasus directed a chorus of birds to start singing.

" ...Princess Celestia!" When the curtains opened, Celestia was nowhere to be seen. Goku and Twilight's hearts sunk.

"This can't be good." Twilight Sparkle whimpered.

Mayor Mare tried to calm everypony down while Pinkie Pie brushed it off as a game of hide and seek. Ponies continued to panic before a dark glowing blue fog covered the balcony where Celestia was supposed to be. A dark blue alicorn the size of Celestia emerged from the fog.
Twilight Sparkle gasped. "Oh no... Nightmare Moon!" Spike immediately fainted.

"Oh, my beloved subjects. It's been so long since I've seen your precious, little sun-loving faces." Nightmare Moon laughed.

"What did you do with our Princess?!" A cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane raced towards Nightmare Moon before an orange earth pony grabbed her tail.

"Whoa there, Nelly..." she said in a muffled voice.

Nightmare Moon chuckled. "Why, am I not royal enough for you? Don't you know who I am?"

Ooh, ooh, more guessing games! Um, Hokey Smokes! How about... Queen Meanie! No! Black Snooty, Black Snooty-" Before Pinkie Pie could continue, the orange earth mare put an apple in Pinkie's mouth.

Nightmare Moon continued with Pinkie now silenced. "Does my crown no longer count now that I have been imprisoned for a thousand years? Did you not recall the legend? Did you not see the signs?"

"I did." Twilight called out, drawling everyone's attention to her." And I know who you are. You're the Mare in the Moon – Nightmare Moon!" The crowd gasped at this realization.

Nightmare Moon chuckled. "Well well well, somepony who remembers me. Then you also know why I'm here."
Twilight Sparkle gulped, knowing what was coming next. "You're here to... to..."

"Remember this day, little ponies, for it was your last. From this moment forth, the night will last forever!" Nightmare Moon laughed. Ponies were now frantic, screaming as loud as they could, knowing that they were now doomed to eternal night.

"Not so fast!"

All eyes turned to Goku who was adjusting his wristbands.

"Ah... And who and what might you be?" Nightmare Moon asked.

"You don't need to know that right now." Before anyone could react, the Saiyan vanished into thin air before appearing right in front of her, landing a punch to her cheek. The crowd gasped as Nightmare Moon was send sprawling back a few feet. She got back up before smirking.

"It seems I don't have to hold back. You should feel honored. Thou shall be the first ones to see our first to witness my true power."

Goku suddenly felt a familiar energy emitting from Nightmare Moon. "Kaioken!" Before anyone could react, Nightmare Moon was engulfed by a crimson red aura. As ponies stared in utter fear, the Saiyan smirked.

"So, you know it too, huh?" he chuckled to himself a little. "Kaioken!" Goku then underwent the same process, dawning a new aura as well.

Nightmare Moon remained unfazed. "They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but thou will not earn my respect this way!"

Goku and Nightmare Moon's aura's flared up even higher then before. "Then it's time to go a round!"