• Published 2nd Mar 2017
  • 205 Views, 0 Comments

One Last Adventure - 21latenighter



The last Adventure of Fury Flight as he travels to the actual MLP universe to fight a powerful villain... himself

  • ...
 0
 205

The Fire of Hope

As they faded out of the world, Fury took a deep breath and closed his eyes. Everything he had done in his world began to weigh down on him.

He saw the wars that he had fought in, the villains that he faced in the past, all now standing beside him, all reminders of a different time. He gained wisdom from each one, from Kaorn, he learned of true evil and true power. When he faced discord, he learned to never underestimate his opponent, a lesson that nearly cost him his life. When he faced himself, he learned that the most powerful magic comes from within.

He opened his eyes to the world he was brought into. The sky was dull and cloudy, with no sign of the sun. The ponies of Ponyville moved about like zombies, looking defeated already. The very air seemed to drag him down with each breath, and he turned to Twilight with a concerned look.

"The morale here... it's gone. These ponies act as if they're already defeated."

"How should they feel Fury, Princess Celestia is... is... and Luna went into hiding. The sun and moon haven't shown since, and the ponies morale with it," Twilight said as she looked upon the ponies with empathy.

"Twilight!" Fury said with a stern voice as she shook her. "You are a princess of Equestria! if you accept surrender, than your subjects will follow!!"

"What should I do?" She asked.

"Did Celestia ever teach you the spell to raise the sun?"

"No, but I learned to raise the moon from Luna," she answered.

"Good, it's a start, tonight you will raise the moon and bring hope back to your subjects... and then we'll track this villain down."

"That won't be hard partner, just follow the wreckage," came a southern voice.

"Applejack!!" Twilight cried as she rushed the earth pony. Applejack caught Twilight with a hoof and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Oh darling, we're thrilled that your back, but could you introduce us to your guest," came the regal voice of Rarity.

"Oh... sorry, this is Fury Flight, and he is going to help us defeat the nightmare."

"um... um.. how's he gonna do that?" Squeaked Fluttershy, who had been hiding behind Rarity.

"Yes my dear, how, when both us and Celestia failed. He may be an alicorn, but so were you and Celestia," Rarity said as the wheels began to turn in her head.

"I've seen him do amazing things that Celestia or I couldn't, and he is the nightmare's alternate version," Twilight answered.

"So what's yer plan Fury Flight?" Applejack asked with a doubtful look.

"We can't defeat the nightmare with the ponies like this,"
Fury answered.

"So, what should we do? The only pony who could help is gone."

"We show them that there's still hope! That there's a chance for victory, if they believe!" He shouted to the crowd, who barely acknowledged him.

"How darling? We aren't exactly overflowing with hope ourselves?" Rarity said as she gestured to the three ponies around her.

"We bring back the moon," came Twilight's voice as she stood up for Fury.

"Sugarcube, how we gonna..."

"I know the spell, tonight the moon will return."

"After the morale here has risen, we can begin the search for the nightmare and possibly the others," Fury said as he took in the sights of the city. Most of the buildings were the same as they were in his world. He looked to where his home would've been and seen a small orchard of trees in it's place. He sighed as he turned his sight back to the ponies, who were staring intently at him, as if waiting for some incredible wisdom or forbidden knowledge.

"What do you mean others?" Fluttershy said barely audibly.

"I believe that your friends aren't dead, just locked away. If he wanted to kill you, you would all be gone," he said as he tried to place himself in the mind of a villain. "If he could somehow change the elements however, he would have an unstoppable power..."

"And with no pony to stop him, he could easily take over or destroy the world," Twilight finished, "but where would he keep our friends?"

"By his side, where his control would be unwavering," Fury said.

"So how do we free them?" Rarity asked, confused.

"We show them the same thing we show these ponies, a hope that Equestria can be free again..." Twilight said as she turned her head to the sky.

Her alicorn magic coursed through her as her mane began to sparkle and glimmer. On the horizon, the face of the glorious moon began to make it's majestic way up the sky like an eagle soaring. The clouds began to part, as if making way for their true ruler. The ponies around stopped their meaningless wandering and looked up to the moon as it climbed higher into the now night sky.

The atmosphere of Ponyville began to lighten as hope was sparked in the hearts and minds of the ponies.

"The fire has been kindled Twilight, now you must feed the flames," Fury said lightly as Twilight's spell faded. She nodded and teleported to the ledge of the fountain and got the ponies attention.

"Every pony! Gather round!" She yelled as the ponies began to gather around in the town square. "Look around you every pony! We are here, and here we will remain, not a nightmare, not Tirek or any creature from any land! We are ponies! Let's spread the fires of hope and friendship to all of Equestria!" She yelled as the crowd began to cheer and prance about.

"Look girls! Look! Hope is coming back!" She shouted to her friends, who were smiling huge pinkie sized smiles.

"And now we find that nightmare, and your friends," Fury said as he turned to the road ahead, Las Pegasus...