• Published 2nd Mar 2017
  • 205 Views, 0 Comments

One Last Adventure - 21latenighter



The last Adventure of Fury Flight as he travels to the actual MLP universe to fight a powerful villain... himself

  • ...
 0
 205

The Intruder

CRASH!! A sound from another part of the house made the Pegasus wake. "Hmm??" Fury said as he stirred from his slumber. He looked around the dark bedroom for the source of the sound only to find it looking as it normally did. He looked over to see dash snoring lightly beside him, not phased by the sound. He looked around one more time before laying his head back down again.

BANG!! This time Fury rose from the bed and stretched his wings before stealthy moving across the room. The noise sounded like it was coming from the kitchen, which was down the hallway. He slowly opened the door and moved slowly down the hall, floating just above the ground.

When he reached the end of the hall, he had a look of both relief and confusion. His intruder was Twilight Sparkle, who was looking at a wall of photographs. At this he lightly touched his hooves down to the carpeted floor and began to walk toward his guest.

"You know, I always thought that rainbow's children would look like her," Twilight said as she looked at a picture on the wall. It was a family portrait showing Rainbow and Fury smiling as Dash held their son Soaring Shadow in her hooves.

"Who are you..." Fury asked slowly, "and what have you done with the real Twilight?"

"I am the real Twilight, just not this world's Twilight," she answered as she finally turned her body to face Fury.

"What... What do you mean?" He asked suspiciously.

"I'm from another reality, you know, an alternate universe."

"Such a theory was once brought up by Twilight," Fury said as he began to circle the alternate Twilight. "But if you are from where you say you are, why are you here?"

"In my world, there's a war going on and it went south when he killed Princess Celestia.."

"He? Who is he?"

"Well..., you... the alternate you anyways," Twilight finished.

"What! I'm a villain in another universe!" Fury said as looked at Twilight with surprise.

"Yeah, and your an alicorn," she added.

"Well," Fury began as he picked up a photo of of a table beside him, "I didn't always look like this," he said, showing her the photo.

"You were an alicorn, how did you revert back into a Pegasus?"

"I didn't 'revert', I was born an alicorn, I gave up my magic for something better," he said as he gestured with his hoof to the wall, "a family."

"I'm so sorry for coming then, I'll let you get back to your sleep," Twilight said as she began to walk out of the house.

"Wait!" Fury said as he trailed the purple alicorn outside.

"Yes?" Twilight said as she turned around.

"Give me a moment, I'll be right back," he said as he flew back into the house to find a quill and parchment.

~dear dash,
I had to leave for Canterlot on family matters, I'll be back in a few days,
With love,
Fury Flight~

He placed the note on the kitchen counter next to her coffee grounds and flew back outside.

"Ok, I'm ready, but first we have to see this world's Twilight in the castle," he said as he caught up to the alicorn in the middle of the street.

"What? Why?" She asked as she followed Fury towards the gigantic tree castle.

"You're going to need my magic, and Twilight is the only one who can retrieve it," he said as he unfurled his wings and took off the ground.

The two ponies began flying to the castle inhabited by that worlds Twilight.

"So... how.."

"How did I give up my magic and become a Pegasus?"

"Yea, how did that happen?" She asked as she tried to keep up with Fury's wing speed.

"Well.. it's a long story, but to sum it up, I fought an old god and died, then I was brought back by my father and sealed my magic away in a cave to hold a piece of that god's soul in a stone like the elements." He slowed his pace when he seen Twilight struggling, "sorry, I'm used to having to keep up with Dash."

Twilight had an open mouth expression as she flew.

As they approached the castle, a light shone from the second story of the castle and the silhouette of a pony could be seen through the window. Fury flew through the window, effectively scaring the wits out of Twilight, who had been enjoying a late night reading.

"GUAAAHHHH!!!" Twilight screamed as Fury passed through the window and became tangled into a battle with the curtains. He struggled on the floor wrapped up in one of the curtains as the other Twilight teleported into the room.

"What in the... Oh My... Fury, what have you done?" Twilight began.

"I can eshplain," came Fury's muffled voice as he battled the beige curtain monster.

"A Changeling!!!" Twilight screamed as she called upon her magic.

"WAIT!!" The other Twilight begged as her own horn lit up. "I'm not a Changeling! I swear!!"

"Then why do you look exactly like me huh?!" She growled.

"I... I'm you... from a different reality.."

"Impossible!!"

"It may sound bad, but it's true," Fury said as finally escaped the claws of the curtain monster.

"How are you sure Fury and that she's not just a changeling?" Twilight asked with a grumble.

"Would a changeling be able to do this.." the other Twilight said as she began to do different magical tricks.

"Okay, so maybe your not a changeling," Twilight said as she watched the alternate version of herself do various magic tricks. "Why are you here, and how for that matter?"

"I brought her here because I am needed.."

"So that Rainbow can beat you from here to Canterlot... again," Twilight said as she rolled her eyes.

"Not this time Twilight, her universe is in danger of being destroyed by an enemy without compare."

"Oh yeah?" She said as she raised an eyebrow, "and just who's that?"

"Well... well me, does it clear things up a little?"

"No... no it doesn't Fury, Why not send me, I have the power of the guardian.."

"And if something happens that requires the Elements? What then? Face it Twilight, I have to go, Rainbow will get over it eventually."

"Maybe your right, but how are you supposed to fight a villain that the Elements of Harmony could not, at least without your magic?"

"That's where you come in Twilight, I locked my magic away in the Eternal cave, to hold the stone of death there," Fury said. "Now you are the only one who can open the vault and free my magic."

"Ok, but how does that restore your guardian magic?" Twilight asked, lost.

"My guardian magic rests within me, as yours will when you pass the flame to the next guardian."

"Well then, let's get moving," Twilight said as her horn lit up. "Alright, hold on to me you two." Her magic began to crackle as a stream of light began to encircle them. The light began to brighten as her spell gained power from her magic. She began to envision the cave of friendship in her mind as the spell progressed, humming as it picked up speed circling them.

The next moment they disappeared and then reappeared in a large cave. The cave was massive, and had an ancient feeling to it.

"Wow!!" The alternate Twilight squealed in awe as she examined the historical cave.

"This place really exists, ohh look at the floor!" She squealed again as she traced marks on the cave floor, made by Private Panzy, Smart Cookie and Clover the Clever.

"And the walls, what beauty!" She exclaimed as she looked at the wall, which portrayed the birth of Equestria. It shown the three tribes arguing with the wendigos above, and then the three heroes banishing the wendigos with the power of friendship.

"Sounds like your first visit here, Hmhm, remember that?" Fury said as he passed that world's Twilight.

"Yes, I remember, and all the pain that went with that day," she said as memories began to seep into her mind. Memories of death and sorrow, but also of new life.

"This way Twilight Sparkle, come on," Fury said to the other Twilight who was still adoring the cave's secrets.

"There's more!?" She said in awe.

"You have no idea," he said as he walked towards the wall at the end of the cave. He then turned to face the alternate Twilight.

"Alright Twilight, you are going to have to do what either me or Twilight says, no matter what, ok,"

"Alright, but why?"

"Because it's going to get a little weird for you in a second," he said as he turned around and walked through the wall.

"Oh haha, that's funny, now where is he?" The alternate Twilight asked the other.

"It's no joke, but you'll catch on, there's a lot to this world that's hidden, just follow me."

"Um, ok," the alternate Twilight said as she followed her through the wall, into a foggy cavern, overlooking a huge maze, with no end in sight.

"What's that?"

"That's the eternal maze, and true to it's name, those who try to navigate it's infinite paths will be lost to eternity... some say that Starswirl is in there somewhere, looking for his former master, Kronos," Twilight said in a somber formality.

"So where are we going?" Twilight asked as she looked to the maze with curiosity. It seemed to call to her, whispering voices of pleasure and fortune that began to draw her from the path.

Twilight seen her alternate version being led into the maze by her horn, which was lit a soft white.

"Twilight! Stop!" She yelled as she teleported.

"Whah, huh," the other Twilight said as she came back to her senses.

"Keep to the path! Come on!" She said with a stern voice.

"I don't want to see you lose yourself in this place," she said a little calmer.

"Okay..."

"Come on you two, the entrance is just ahead," Fury said from just ahead.

The two Twilights looked ahead to see a light at the end of the cavern, through the fog. As they walked into the light, the alternate Twilight nearly lost her breath.

"What... What is this place??"

"This is the Eternal cave, home of the Eternal Guardian's power," Fury explained as he gestured to the cave before them, lit by a magical flame. The cave was smaller than the massive friendship cave that they just left. Lit by the flames was a large eye carved into the back wall. "That's the great eye of galaxia, it keeps it's unblinking gaze upon the world of ponies, and acts as the eyes of the guardian to the state of the world. It's magic also keeps this place hidden from all but those chosen."

"So where's your magic Fury?" Twilight asked as she looked around the cave.

"It's behind the eye, and the reason I needed Twilight here, for now she is the only one that can open the vault behind it."

"Behind it? But that's carved into a stone wall, how could it be behind it?"

"Like I said, there's a lot more in this world than meets the eye," Fury said. Before turning to Twilight. "Twilight, could you do the honors," he said as he gestured to the eye.

She stood before the eye and let her magic flow. A stream of green magic began to slowly make its way from her horn to the eye. As the magic reached the eye, it began to slowly open and glow the same color. A white light then escaped the eye and began to search the room. It's gaze stopped at the other Twilight and began to search through the unfamiliar pony's memories. She began to see days gone by as the eye looked into her past, revealing days of fun and adventure with her friends. The eye seemed content with this information and moved on until it ended it's search and returned to the wall where the carving had disappeared and a small room was now in its place.

She looked in awe at the contents of the vault, there were five pieces of parchment setting on a small stone shelf that were written in a strange language, then two spells which looked ancient by the yellowed and cracked parchment. There was a large stone on another shelf, below the first one. The stone was about the size of her hoof, and seemed to draw the very joy from her body with its pitch black color and aura around it.

"That is one of the six stones of death, that hold the spirit of an old god, known as Thanatos," Fury said as he watched Twilight's curiosity towards it. "The parchments are the locations of it's brothers; the spells, are powerful spells that are feared by even the Great Alicorns.."

Fury took a deep breath as brought his hoof to the stone, and the memories of Life and death began to cloud his mind. The flames began to waiver as his hoof touched the stone, as if the very spirit of the old god was begging him to break it and free him. As he picked up the stone, Twilight seen an old tattered photo underneath where the stone once was. The photo showed a younger Fury with Rainbow in a stadium of some sort.

"The first time we met, we fought like cats and dogs that day, hmhm, but eventually we saw each other's point. It's in this photo that I sealed my magic," he said as he placed his hoof on the photo. His body began to glow as he and the photo began to float. After a moment the light enveloped all of him and blinded the other two ponies. When they opened their eyes a couple of seconds later, a fully alicorned Fury stood before them.

"I'm ready Miss Twilight," Fury said as he used his magic to seal the vault back up once again.

"Do you have.."

"My guardian magic, yes," Fury said as he let the magic flow through him, from his nose to his tail, feeling every strand of magic in his horn. "Twilight, let me show you something that I haven't shown you before," he said as he walked to another wall in the cave and called upon his magic. The wall began to separate and reveal a small room with paintings of the various cities of Equestria. "We can leave through here instead of going back through the cavern."

"Amazing!!" Both Twilights said as they searched the room from top to bottom.

"Where to, Miss Twilight?"

"Huh, oh, we can leave from Ponyville, at the fountain," the other Twilight answered.

"Let's get moving then, shall we," Fury said as he used his magic to reach out to the painting of Ponyville. The painting began to shimmer and grow until it was large enough to fit a full grown pony through.

Fury went through first, walking calmly into the painting and arriving in Ponyville. The two Twilights then slowly walked through, not wanting to leave the grand room.

Once they were through, The original Twilight began her farewell.

"Fury, I'll tell Dash if things go ill, that you... joined your father."

"Fair enough, but I should return, but until then, farewell Twilight," Fury said slowly before turning to the other Twilight.

"I'm ready."

"Hold on," Twilight said as she called upon her magic. A stream of blue light began to encircle them and slowly faded them out of his world and brought them into the world of Equestria, the land of friendship