• Published 5th Apr 2020
  • 1,917 Views, 167 Comments

Button Mash! Master of the Arcade Arts! - Clockworklich



Button Mash wakes one day with the Gamer ability. Ready to embark on epic quests, as soon as he finishes his homework.

  • ...
4
 167
 1,917

Button Party!

Author's Note:

I decided to scrap the last chapter because I felt that it was too rushed. Anyone with the title Puppet Master shouldn't rush in that quickly. I hope you enjoy this new start.

"Button, come on or you'll be late for your cute-ceañera!" Mommy Mash called out. Button blinked in confusion at this before heading downstairs.

"But mom! I thought we were waiting for -" Button began to reply before he saw a brown coated stallion with golden blond mane and tail. "Dad!" Button exclaimed before rushing over and tackle hugging his dad. Being much bigger, his father only took a step back, tho this alone surprised the stallion.

"Hey! Don't rock the boat!" A voice called out from the stallion's head as a tiny head poked out of his father's hair.

"Sorry, Narf." Button said sheepishly to the breezie.

"It's okay, you are young and excited. I'm sorry we took so long. You know your father, easily distracted and cutting grass. He finds one gem one time while mowing the lawn and suddenly he needs to cut down every patch of tall grass he finds." Narf explained as he flew down and landed on Button's nose. At that moment Pinkamena, who was taking a nap, popped her head out from under Button's hat causing the two new arrivals to stare at her in surprise. Upon seeing Narf, Pinkamena's eyes widened for a moment before pulling her head back under the hat. Button's father was the first to respond, tapping his hoof in horse code.

"That was Pinkamena, Button's pet nightmare. He got her when..." Mommy Mash suddenly stopped when she remembered who she was talking to and if it was wise to explain it. When she saw him waiting patiently she sighed. "He got her while fighting an army of evil nightmares summoned by Nightmare Moon." Eyes widening, the stallion began tapping his hooves again. "Yes... our son fought against an army of darkness serving an evil overlord bent on world domination." Mommy said in exasperation. His father gave the biggest grin Button had ever seen him give while pride radiated from the stallion. This was short-lived as Mommy grabbed one of the umbrellas by the door and repeatedly struck the stallion on the head. "Don't encourage him!"

At that moment Pinkamena came out wearing one of the doll dresses that Sweetie gave her when playing with the little nightmare. He had no idea where Pinkamena got the makeup though.

"Um, hello, my name is Narf, and this is Silent Hero." The breezie introduced himself and Button's father. Pinkamena, however, kept her attention completely on Narf, who was growing more uneasy by the moment. Even tiny, Pinkamena is still a nightmare and even for full-grown ponies she is unnerving. But for Narf, she was more than twice his size which made it worse for him. Leaning forwards, Pinkamena smiled and fluttered her eyelashes at him. Narf was horrified when he realized that this nightmare was flirting with him. "I-I'm flattered and all, but I'm a mare." He was always frustrated that no one was able to tell he was a stallion. Now he was going to use that common misconception to help him get out of this situation.

Pinkamena just gave him a knowing smirk before picking him up and hugging him close. Turning his head to give the ponies in the room pleading looks. All he saw was Mommy snickering while taking pictures and Silent was on the floor with mute laughter.

"Wait, this whole time you were a filly!?" Button exclaimed in shock.

"Oh yes, isn't she just the prettiest little filly you've ever seen?" Mommy replied while trying to hold back her laughter.

Pinkamena's eyes widened in shock at hearing this before holding Narf out an arms-length and giving him a look, then shooting Mommy a questioning look. At Mommy's nod Pinkamena's ears folded back while she blushed and set Narf down. The moment he was free he shot over to the top of Mommy's head for safety.

"Well, now that Pinkamena has gotten all dressed up, shall we head to the party?"Mommy asked getting a look of excitement from Pinkamena before she lept from Button's head, her legs squishing together like a spring before bouncing out the open window. Silent stood up and tapped his hooves after seeing this.

"She hasn't caused any problems yet, I'm sure she'll be fine on her own," Mommy replied as she ushered the others out the door. It didn't take long for them to get to the party but they had to pause once they saw the setup. Silent tapped his hooves to ask his question.

"No this isn't normal... I'm guessing this is a combination of favoritism for Button being Pinkie's apprentice and all the extra time she needed to wait to throw this party." Mommy replied when she saw the park. The sidewalk was done up like the path of a giant board game, with some squares having symbols or words like 'You've entered the cake kingdom, take one slice of cake.' Furthermore, Pinkie had built several party games from the Mareio Party mini-games, adjusted to be perfectly safe of course. Around the path, there were inflatable characters from the Mareio games and in the center was a massive cake. "Where did she even get an oven big enough to make that monstrosity?"

Button had to admit that cake was crazy. It was big enough that you could fit Sugar Cube Corner inside of it, stacked with each layer smaller than the last till the top was only as big as a large table with a King Bob-omb statue at the top.

"It's absurd," Mommy said. "so wasteful."

"So beautiful." Mommy blinked at the new voice before turning to see who was right behind her before gasping and falling to the ground. "There... there are no words." Princess Celestia said as she looked upon cake mountain as drool began dripping from her mouth.

"Sister, control thyself." Princess Luna said though she was more interested in the decorations around her. "We are sure that our subject doth not enjoy thy shower." Sure enough Mommy Mash was suffering a shower of Celestia's drool falling onto her muzzle but was too afraid to move away without permission to rise.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" Celestia said as she backed up, blushing in embarrassment. Using her magic she lifted Mommy up to her hooves and cast a cleaning spell which caused lavender-scented bubbles to start foaming up on Mommy's head then dry it leaving the mare's head drool-free. "I apologize, I was distracted and didn't see you there." The princess said that, but even now she couldn't take her eyes off that cake.

"It's alright your majesty, I must admit that cake is certainly distracting," Mommy said nervously. "If-if you don't mind me asking... why have you come?"

"Our sister thinks we need to get out and thought this could be a good start," Luna answered as she took out an invitation written in Pinkie's hoof writing. "Customs have grown most strange while we were gone. We have never before received an invitation that made such funny sound once opened, nor one that would shoot thee in the face with small, colorful strips of paper."

"It was hilarious," Celestia said as she took her eyes away from the cake and faced Button with laughter in her eyes. "She was about to yell using some old magic we used to use to address large crowds but some of it went up her nose. For the rest of my immortal existence, I shall always remember Blueblood being sent flying out the window by a royal Canterlot sneeze. Now, I would like to visit that lovely mountain" Celestia gave off a little more drool at this, "Then I would like to introduce Luna to the marvels of rollercoasters." And with that, the sisters went in.

. . .

"So... mom?" Button began while fidgeting.

"Go" Zoooooooommmmmm "On." Mommy just watched as the dust trail faded.


"So much to do, so much to see. I don't know where to begin." Button said once he entered.

"Button!" Spike called out as he rushed over. "The games! Have you tried any of the games yet!?"

"Um, no?" Button replied, wondering what got the young dragon so worked up.

"You have to see this! Only your first time for each game counts so you need to go all out!" Spike said as he grabbed Button's hoof and dragged him to the closest game.

Mini-quest!

Shy Mare Says!

Mystery prize will be given based on score!

Button's eyes widened when he saw the popup and he shot past Spike to get in line. The game allowed up to 10 players at once and he and spike took up the last two slots. Looking ahead he saw that Pinkamena was running this game. She had changed out of her doll dress and was now wearing a little red hoody and a featureless white mask. As soon as she started the game some music started to play and she lifted a white flag which the foals copied. Next, she raised the red one, and to noponie's Suprise, Snails failed first. Pinkamena pushed a button which made the colt fall into a slide which dropped him into a ball pit. Button grinned like a loon, this was the best party ever! The sound of Diamond threatening to have her daddy get Pinkamena fired just before she got dropped from the competition almost cost him the game it was so funny.


Cut Strings had to admit that he was impressed. He had never seen a party like this one before and it got him pumped to try some games. He gave a happy sigh as he remembers his own cute-ceañera. This is a once in a lifetime celebration for every little colt and filly so he decided that he won't start his plans until tomorrow. What kind of monster would wreck a kid's special day? Also, the princesses are here and he would have to be a special kind of stupid to start before they left.

Now, to the water slide!