• Published 1st Dec 2011
  • 3,976 Views, 80 Comments

Bucking Bronies - Kiwi-Brony

  • ...
3
 80
 3,976

So, exactly how did this happen?

I was shaken awake by Chris, I smiled at him then shook my head to wake myself up. We were landing soon and I couldn't wait to get off of this thing. It had been a long flight and Pinkie Pie singing one thousand cupcakes on the wall did not make things go any faster.
Not much to say about the landing, for once something was normal. In the three days I have known Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie my life had seemed to have become a coffee table flipped over by some really angry guy. We were directed out of the plane and made our way through JFK. It would be an understatement to say we were in awe of the building. It was so big! Our cities didn't have anything like this, even the ponies who marvelled at the first airport were speechless now. We managed to shake off these feelings and continue down the terminal.

I looked outside and sighed, I was glad we packed warm. The snow was pretty thick and I had heard about how cold it got in America at this time of year, I wasn't looking forward to it.

Our luggage consisted of basically gym bags full of clothes, not that we went to the gym. Micheal and I had ours slung over our shoulder and on our backs. Chris just carried his by the handles and Sara dragged hers along. The ponies had put their cloaks back on again, but Pinkie was struggling not to burst out and attack the several vending machines we passed. In fact Micheal and I stood next to her just in case. We reached the doors. . .so many doors. . .to the outside.

We noticed a man waving at someone so we continued, we then noticed he was waving at us. I gave the others a look and shrugged. We walked towards him and he gave us a professional smile.

“Good morning. You must be Mr. Lovestones daughter.” He said looking at Sara.

“Yes sir.” She smiled warmly.

“Welcome to America Miss Lovestone.” His smile grew wider. “Please allow me to take your bags miss.”

She nodded and handed him her bag. “Now if you will follow me your brothers sent you a car.”

He took us out of the airport and to the car park. . .or I guess as the Americans say parking lot, when we got there we were surprised to find a limo. He opened the door for Sara and she climbed in with the Ponies while we put everything in the boot. Chris, Micheal and I had just sat down in the car when Twilight perked up.

“They're here!”

-~-

Alex got up from her seat. The people in first class had to get off first, they were all more 'important' than her. Though the company could of been worse, an interesting young Arab had sat next to her. They had talked about alot of thing during the trip such as Life, Family and Ducks. Finally they had got off the plane and said thier goodbyes to one another. Alex immediately headed to baggage and waited for her 'bags'.

Just then she noticed two men walk into the baggage area and look around, one had shaven blonde hair while the other had scruffy brown hair both were dressed as though stood infont of a cannon filled with clothes and waited to see what they were hit with. With them they had some kind of dog under a black cloak.

She watched as they walked around, they look like they were looking for something or someone they then spoke to each other in hushed tones about something, they then looked at their dog.

Alex turned back to the bag machine and noticed two large cages covered in a blanket had come out of it. Her back turned to the two men and dog she didn't seem them approach. She grabbed one of the cages but when she reached out to grab the other one someone else had beat her to it.

She noticed the scruffy haired man had taken her cage. She was about to protest but he spoke.

“You need help?” He asked, his accent was not American.

Alex blinked. “Er. . .Ja.” Her accent seemed to surprise the man infront of her.

He took the cage and helped her put it on a trolley. He looked at his dog and if Alex wasn't mistaken, it nodded at the man. She shook it off as nothing.

“So what's in these cages?” He asked looking at Alex.

Alex swallowed and looked around his friend had gone off somewhere. “Nothing. . .just some.” She looked at the cloaked dog. “err dogs.”

“Really?” He grinned. “Perhaps your dogs may like to play with mine, she has become restless.”

“N-Nien. . .It has been a long trip and I bet they are tired.” She tried to fake a yawn. “I am tried too.” She smiled a little.

He stared at me then looked around. “Right ok. . .I am not good with subtle. . .you have two ponies in thoes cages.”

Alex's eyes went wide she couldn't give them up. “Nien. . .you speak crazy.”

“I am fluent yes but that's not the point. . .my friend here.” He gestured towards his dog. “Can tell that there are ponies in there.”

Alex looked between the man and the dog. “Sorry. . .but I got to go.” With that Alex made a beeline for the exit.

“What? Wait!” He wasn't expecting that.

The sea of people made it easy for her to disappear but as soon as she stopped he reappeared and soon spotted her.

She paniced. “Get away from me!”

“Look I just want to talk!”

Other people stopped and looked at the two shouting people.

“What is there to talk about?” She said her posture becoming aggressive.

He put his hands up. “Just calm down. We have a lot to talk abo-” He looked past Alex and titled his head a little. “Are they with you?”

Alex turned around and noted two men standing behind her. They were wearing plain grey suits, had an ear piece and some sort of symbol on their left shoulder though it was to obscure to make out. The shorter of the two was African and had a well trimed moustache, the other man was white but he should been painted green, it was as if the Hulk himself suited up. There was no natural way for a man like that to exist.

“Excuse me.” The black gentleman said with a smile. “But are you Alexandria Leher and you sir are you Thomas Bane?” Judging from his accent Alex hazard a guess that he was South African.

Upon mention of their names both froze.

“From the reaction I have gotten I must have the right people.” His smile turned into a dark grin. “But where are the rest of you I wonder?” His eyes rested on the cages. “Oh well at least you have made it easy for us to collect our bounty.”

Alex looked towards the man called Thomas. His eyes narrowed.

“I take it you are with Malik?”

“Oh wow you know the boss' name.” The man looked at Thomas. “You are well informed.”

Thomas gave a shrug. “Not informed enough, you have me at a disadvantage. You know my name and yet I don't know yours.”

“You don't need to know my name. You do need to know his.” He pointed to his companion. “This is Pixie. . .”

Alex and Thomas paused.

“What?”

“Yes I was also amused by the name my partner was given.” His face darkened. “I was also amused at how well Pixie here can rip a man apart with his bare hands.”

Both Alex and Thomas stared at the bulk of muscle who seemed to smile at them with a sadistic glee. His eyes had something in them, something that chilled Alex to the bone.

The others in the crowd that come to surround them just gawked at the scene. Some were hoping for a fight, others looked worried and some just stared at 'Pixie'.

There was no way that Thomas or Alex could take on Pixie, and they didn't even know what the other one could do. Options were next to none.

“So if you could hand over your set of Ponies and walk away, that would be good. . .it is also the healthiest decision.” A smug grin appeared on the mans face.

“Alright then, I need you to do what I am about to ask you.” Thomas said looking straight at Pixie. “No questions asked.”

“Um.” Alex was closest to the two men, she didn't want to do anything that would provoke them in any way.

When she looked back to Thomas was pointed towards Pixie. “Twilight use Thunderbolt!”

The dogs cloak was cast off by an invisible force revealing a purple pony getting gasps from the crowd and a confused look from the man. A bolt of purple lightning left the pony's horn aiming straight for Pixie. Pixie didn't move and when it struck him it only moved him two steps back. But the attack was enough to distract both Pixie and his charge. Thomas moving quickly managed to Grab the trolley and Alex.

“RUN!”

- ~ -

Throwing caution to the wind I grabbed the girl and pushed the trolley as fast as I could. Twilight jumped on top of the trolly looking back towards the lumbering giant and I must say well dressed man. They had recovered from the little distraction and came at us. We had a head start but knowing our luck we would be dead by the end of the Terminal. But it seems the women I was with was a quick thinker pointing in a direction I hadn't thought of, pushing past a line of people I ran towards two large double doors, that looked like it was guarded. The guards moved looking like they were going to stop us until they saw Pixie behind us.

Everything slowed down, we ran but Pixie was catching up on us. Twilight was trying to unlatch the cages her friends were in, the guards had pulled their weapons out and aimed at the running hulk of muscle behind us. We ran passed the guards their calls to stop unheeded by both us and Pixie, but I doubt they were talking to us. Pixie lifted an arm and just swatted away the guards like flies.

We dove into the door crashing into the wall on the other side.

I groaned as I moved trying to get up as fast as I could. Alex seemed to be already on top of things quickly unlatching the cages and getting the ponies out. Pixie burst through the door his force contorted to a sick grin.

“TWILIGHT TELEPORT NOW!” I shouted.

“B-But. . .”

“No buts I said NOW!”

Twilight closed her eyes a purple aura surrounding her and the other Ponies I grabbed Alex and took hold of Twilights mane. Pixie bared down on us his fist seemed to be aimed at me but before it could pulverise it target, everything went dark.

- - -

I landed on the roof of the limo and rolled off hitting the floor rather hard. I groaned in pain as I started to move. The others that were waiting around for us quickly ran to our aid. The driver had helped me to my feet while Chris was looking after Alex. Pinkie, Micheal and Sara were aiding the other ponies.

“What happened?” Chris said dusting Alex off.

“I found Alex here with our missing ponies. . .” I looked at Rainbow Dash and Applejack who were hugging Twilight and Pinkie. “Turns out Pervus sent some of their goons after them.”

I told them what happened while we drove away from the airport, it was agreed that we avoided staying in one place for now.

“So they know who we are?” Sara said.

I nodded. “He used my full name.” I looked at our new companion. “As well as Alex's here.”

She looked up and smiled a little.

“This 'man' you spoke of.” Micheal began. “You said he was massive.”

“I think massive would be an understatement Micheal.” He chuckled.

Micheal looked at Sara. “Can magic manipulate a body like that?”

Sara thought for a moment. “Yes. . .but to be morphed into such a monster would be painful and can destroy a persons mind.”

“I doubt you could that thing a person.” Alex spoke up.

Everyone remained silent for a little bit before I finally spoke up.

“So this is the famous Applejack and Rainbow Dash.”

“Yep that me. .. THE one and only Rainbow Dash!” The cyan pony flexed her fore legs. “I bet we could of taken that guy on if we weren't in those cages!” She started to punch the air.

“Settle down Rainbow.” Applejack said standing up, she then held out her hoof. “I am Applejack.” I took her hoof and she shook. “Pleased to be meeting yall.”

“The pleasure is all ours.” Chris said with a warm smile.

I looked out the window as people and ponies began to speak. My suspicions were correct, Alex was from Germany and had come here pretty much to do the same as us. Though now we had to plan for the worse if they had people like Pixie on their side I would rather not take them head on.

As if on cue, Twilight spoke up.

“So what are we going to do now?”

I sighed and shrugged. “Not much we can do.”

“But there must be something.” Chris said. “We did say we would save Rarity and Fluttershy.”

“Yes but now we face the very real threat of being ripped apart by a man who looks like he should of died from a steroid overdose.” I said.

“Then perhaps we should make a plan.” Micheal began. “There is more than one way to our goal.”

“He is right.” Alex chimed in. “Perhaps a diplomatic approach would be best. . .”

We all stared at Alex before we all started to laugh, Alex included.

“I like this woman.” I said with a grin.

“She is fun!” Pinkie said.

We all calmed down after our little giggle fit. I then looked out the window towards the city.

“First I think we need to go get some rest we all had a long journey to get here and it is the best thing to do if we are to focus on planning a rescue of your friends.”

Everyone nodded but Twilight looked a little apprehensive. I put a hand on her shoulder. “You need rest too, you did save us today.”

“I'm fine. . .” She managed to smile at me.
I returned the smile and hen knocked on the window to the driver. The Window rolled down and he looked back.

“Yes sir?”

“Can you take us to our hotel please.”

“That I can do sir.”

- - -

We pulled into a underground garage and came to the lobby in an elevator, as predicted Mr. Lovestone had prepared everything for our arrival, it was still shocking to find ourselves in such a high end place. The lobby was almost entirely marble with gold trims, though fake it still gave off a feel of grand majesty. The carpets that lay on the floor were a royal purple and a small statue of the owner of the hotel in the centre of the room told everyone who was in charge.

What surprised me the most was the fact that the driver whose name was Donald was completely OK with the Ponies. He had told me that he used to be a cab driver in New York so he had seen worse.

We took our keys for our rooms, Sara offered Alex her room much to the delight of Micheal. We took the Elevator again because our rooms were on the 11th floor. Four rooms had been provided by Mr. Lovestone I assume one for each of us but our new companions seemed to make things a little more complicated. We asked the ponies to split up when we went to bed. Rainbow Dash was going to sleep with Alex, Applejack was with Micheal and Sara, Twilight decided to sleep with Chris so that meant Pinkie Pie was my roomy.

We threw our gear in our rooms and decided it was time to relax a little. We had hoped that our whereabouts had been kept from Malik and more importantly Mr. Suit (who we dubbed the South African gentleman) and Pixie. We all gathered in Sara's room, though anyone of our rooms would of done the trick.

I thought it was a good time to ask some question to the ponies.

“So Applejack, Rainbow Dash. . .how did you end up in Germany?”

They both looked at me then each other.

“I dunno myself.” Said Applejack

“Yea. . .” Rainbow Dash added.

“Daddy already said there was a spell cast there to drag them to the spot where the spell was set up.” Sara said.

“I know that. . .but I want to know why any of the Ponies are on Earth anyway. “

Pinkie, Aj and Rd all looked over to Twilight who looked back at me. “Well. . .it is a werid story.”

“Weird? I am talking to a petite purple unicorn that ain't exactly normal around here.”

“Ahh. . .point taken.” Twilight took a breath. “Well it all started about two weeks ago.”

~ ~ ~
Twilight had awoken to the sound of chirping birds that had taken residence in her tree. Though she didn't mind it made studying till the wee hours of the morning a more painful experience as she found it increasingly difficult to sleep in during the weekend. She groaned as she rose up, her bed mane worse than usual.

Her morning (though preferably afternoon) ritual got underway when she started to brush her mane. After an hour of trying to tame her hair she moved on to brushing teeth and then made her way down stairs.

“Ah good morning Twilight, your up early.” Her dragon assistant said moving towards her.

“I know, I know. It's thoes dang birds Spike.” She stifled a yawn and headed for the Kitchen. Using her magic she put the kettle on to boil. She then sat at the table before slumping, snoring as her head hit the table. Spike poked her in the side a few times.

“Err Twilight?”

“Huzza what?” She said sitting up straight.

“Maybe you should go back to bed.”

“No no, I am already up Spike might as well make the best of it.”

True to her word the unicorn spent the morning reorganizing her library, cleaning up and her least favourite activity throwing away tattered or outdated books. It took all of her will power not to just hide them away but the library is not a place for information to be incorect or out of date.

With most of the job having been completed she decided it was time for a break, Spike already prepared for such a joyus occasion had already made a decent lunch. Twilight was halfway through her hay fry sandwich when the bell to the library door rung. Not expecting anyone she put the sandwich down and entered the main room.

In front of her stood a light green unicorn pony with a Lyre for a cutie mark.

“Good morning Lyra.” Twilight smiled.

“Ah. . .good morning Twilight.” Lyra returned the smile.

“How may I help you?”

The light green unicorn dragged her hoof on the ground. “I. . .umm, I am looking for a book.” She paused looking no where in particular.

“What type of book?” Twilight stared Lyra.

“W-Well.” She looked at Twilight now. “A book on humans.”

“Humans?” Twilight scratched her head. She had heard of them before, though they lived in a realm of fantasy. “Well I think. . .” She stopped for a moment. “. . .actually. I think I may have what you want.” She walked over to the Fiction section of the library, getting an audible sigh from Lyra.

~ ~ ~
I stared at Twilight. “How is this important to the story at all?”

“It happened on the same day. . .” Twilight looked up in thought for a second. “I have to rearange everything again when I get back. . .and to tell Lyra about you.”

“Just get on with it.” I said a little frustrated.

Twilight smiled and nodded.

~ ~ ~
Twilights horn glowed as she pulled a book off the shelf. 'A ponies guide to mythic creatures and abominations'.

She then floated it over to Lyra who took it with her magic. She opened it open to the contents and then flicked through the pages until she came to her desired spot.

“Do you mind if I read this here?” Lyra asked looking for a spot to sit.

“Not at all, please do call if you need any-more help.” Twilight smiled and moved back to the kitchen while Lyra found a cushion to lie on.

Returning to her sandwich she noticed Spike had finished his lunch. Nothing note worthy happened for an hour after lunch, Lyra was really into her book while Twilight and Spike finished with the library. All was well in ponyville which was a nice change.

It was then that Twilights horn involuntary lit up, as did Lyra's. Both looked shocked as their horns discharged magic that wasn't willed.

“Whoa. . .that was cool.” Spike said not realising the implications. He was impressed by both ponies using magic at the exact same time.

“What was that?” Lyra questioned.

Twilight still had a look of shock on her face. “I-I don't know.”

There was frantic knocking at the door. Before Twilight could open it Rainbow Dash burst in.

“Twilight the weather has gone crazy!”

Looking past Rainbow Dash Twilight saw the sky had turned from a cloudless bright sunny day to a horrible stormy mish mash of weather. It hailed and thundered, the clouds had overthrown their Pegasus masters and decided to seek revenge on the population of ponyville.

Ponies panicked on the streets, dodging lightning that cracked down on the unsuspecting streets. All the Pegasus had been called to try and quell the storm, not matter their background. There was a massive crack coming from the top of the library. Reluctantly moving outside the ponies looked up and saw that lightning had managed to bypass Twilights magical lightning rod.

A flaming branch fell from it's position and hit the ground. The ponies jumped to avoid it. Rainbow took to the sky to help the other Pegasus bring the storm back into line. Lyra took off to her house yelling something about Bon-Bon.

A bolt of lightning crashed through the cloud heading straight for the rainbow maned mare, not wasting a minute Twilight's horn glowed sending a purple bolt towards it's white counter-part. Successfully intercepting the way-ward bolt. But instead of dissipating the white bolt parried Twilights.

So began Twilghts duel with nature. Both were in top form, blows were traded and stabs were countered. The only thing that was at Twilights disadvantage was the spell was tiring her out. Some others had surrounded her watching the duel.

It was inevitable that Twilight faltered, her strike was meet with a feint and the white bolt crashed towards the town. It seemed to roar as it pressed it's final assault. It streaked towards the town hall Twilight tried to reactivate her magic but the last spell and duel had mentally and physically drained her. It was then a light blue bubble appeared around the town hall. The bolt of lightning struck with an enormous clasp making the very ground shake.

“Twilight, are you alright darling?” Rarity said moving from the crowd. She was panting, and a little bit of sweat had formed along her brow.

“I-I'll be fine.” Twilight moved a little, her legs threatened to give out from underneath her.

“What the hay is going on!?” A pony shouted from the crowd.

All eyes fell on Twilight, she always knew what was going on and so you can imagine the shock and the gasps when she said:

“I don't know.”

It took an hour before the storm was successfully dissipated, in that time Twilight had sent a letter to the Princess and recived one back saying it was happening everywhere. It also mentioned that all unicorns had their horns discharge before the storm had arrived. Even Luna and Celestia's horns gave a spark of magic that wasn't their doing.

So Twilight did the only thing that could be done. . .study.

~ ~ ~

“Wait so you had a sword fight with lightning?” I said looking at the purple unicorn. “Thats impressive.”

“You should of seen me!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed. “I was rolling and flipping. . .no bolt of lightning coulda catch me!”

Chris smiled. “I bet you were amazing.”

“Darn straight!” Rainbows ego thoroughly stroked she calmed down and rested her head on her fore legs a grin on her face.

“So you studied for two weeks straight?” I said a little astounded.

“Yes. . .in hind-sight perhaps I should of informed the girls.” Twilight scratched her head. She then looked over too the other ponies. “I must of worried you guys.”

“That's why we came ta visit ya.” Applejack said with a smile.

“Yeah! Then we could have had a party!” Pinkie said bouncing up and down with a grin on her face. “We will have to have one when we get back!”

Twilight smiled and nodded. “We have to.”

The ponies entered a conversation of their own, I noticed the little story had dragged the time forward. It was two in the afternoon and I was hungry. Leaving both humans and ponies to their conversation. I walked into the kitchen and looked around, it was well stocked which surprised me, hotels normally never did that, well Hotels that I could afford anyway.
I found what I wanted and started to fry up some eggs, a good old fried egg sandwich was what I needed, and a cup of tea.

I came back into the lounge and sat down, nibbling at my sandwich. I noticed some stares when I looked up.

“Something I can do for you?”

“Where did that sandwich come from?” Micheal asked.

“The kitchen. . .where I made it.” I said. “Still some left if your hungry.”

Micheal smiled and left the room and soon everyone else followed him including the ponies. After they made what they wanted we sat in the lounge talking about nothing and everything helping ourselves to any cookies and chips we could find. It felt like a vaction, but soon we were reminded about why we were all really there for.

We all just finished laughing at a joke told by Pinkie Pie when she looked out the window. “Would you believe that Fluttershy told me that one.”

Everyone was suddenly silent. The pressing matter was overwelming some of us.

“It's not fair that Fluttershy and Rarity are the ones in cages.” Applejack said sounding a little angry. “It just ain't right.”

“Well life isn't fair and right has nothing to do with this.” I said looking at the blonde pony. “I think it is best to have the weakest of us trapped and have the strongest of us out here trying to get to them.”

“Fluttershy and Rarity are not weak!” Twilight shouted at me.

“Yeah!” Pinkie and Rainbow said in unison.

I was surprised by the reaction I had got. I was equally surprised by the glares I got from Chris and Micheal.

“Take it back.” Applejack said now standing.

“What?” I stared at the group. “You can't be serious.”

“Ah said take it back!” Applejack said moving closer to me.

I stood up now, I didn't like being glared at by my friends and the ponies. “Look I didn't mean anything by it. . .” Applejack stomped. “. . .fine I take it back.” I folded my arms and sighed.

“Thank you.” Applejack said with a warm smile, the other ponies settled down.

I sat back down and sighed, I thought over what happened then something popped in my head.

"Hey I just thought. . .where is the Pervus Corp building?"

Everyone stared at me and then looked at each other.

"Perhaps we can get directions when we leave?" Alex said.

"Maybe. . .but I suggest that we find it and scout it out first. You know see what else we have to deal with." Micheal said.

Everyone agreed.

"So we scout first then make a plan. That sounds good." I said smiling a little. "But first I should think we head to bed."

---

Authors Notes: Hello dear readers, Merry Christmas/ Hearths Warming to all of you. You are no doubt aware that the chapter doesn't have a name, I would like help to remedy this. If you have any ideas on what to call it please post a comment or note me. . .hell if you want I could pick a random user name from the comments and use that heh. But I digress, another chapter here and I am quite fond of what it is evolving into (even if it is fail). Of course it isn't the best. . .but that's not what it is about is it. It is about improving my skills as a writer, and perhaps pass time. The major problem at the moment is that dreaded pile of slag known as grammar. Oh how I hate it, this set of rules that limit a man or woman's creative nature. It is kinda like telling an artist to paint in between the lines. I know that it is an 'important' part of English but how I rue that we let it control us in a manner that determines how we read a book (You see that I finished the sentence without a full stop! I HAVE COMMITTED A HEINOUS DIABOLICAL ACT!) I think I maybe getting off topic a little. Ahem what I want is that people focus less on the grammar, I know it's horrible and it makes your eyes bleed but isn't it about the content and not how it is presented. (Within reason of course.) Thank you for reading this rant, have a jolly holiday and may your Christmas Day be fan-tucking-fastic.

P.S. This rant was brought to you by an over thinking man who spends his time writing about Ponies.

P.S.S Love you.