• Published 11th Mar 2017
  • 5,845 Views, 386 Comments

Pokémon Eclipse - moviemaster8510



Two teenaged siblings, having moved to the Alola region from Kalos, set off to complete the famous Island Trials, only for wormholes to appear across the region once again, this time summoning creatures from a mystical world calling themselves ponies

  • ...
20
 386
 5,845

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 62 – Lunar Eclipse

The humans, ponies, and Pokémon around gasped at the sight as Luna attempted to kill Lunala.

“Luna?!” Twilight took a step forward, feeling fearful to take another. “What are you doing?!”

“NO, STOP!” Lillie shrieked.

Luna choked through Lunala’s gags as it failed to take in air, fighting to keep its eyes open. “This has to be done! Otherwise, it will–”

“Solgaleo!” On Sun’s call, Solgaleo’s face brightened up as a cone of magenta light formed around its face.

With a whip forward of its head, the cone launched itself at Luna, only for Starlight to pull her away from its path. Meanwhile, Twilight formed a shield spell that broke upon the cone striking it, but neutralized it as well. Solgaleo stared at the three ponies with a newfound mistrust while Lunala flapped its wings and hid behind both it and Sun for protection, now frightened.

“What the hell did you just try to do?” Sun growled at Luna, his eyes full of hellish fury.

“Sun, everyone, please listen!” She looked and scanned her eyes between everyone inside the room. “That vision I just had, something evil lives in those two, and if we don’t stop it, Necrozma’s plan will not stop, even if we are sent home.”

“What are you talking about?” Gladion barked. “What’s living inside Solgaleo and Lunala?”

“As I said, Celestia and I drew power from Necrozma to give those two creatures life. It isn’t just influencing Team Prism and their leader; it also lives within Solgaleo and Lunala, and Necrozma intends to use them as pawns, just like Prism’s grunts!”

“Could that be why…” Burnet’s face shot up as all the color drained from it. “Oh god. Is that why they’ve been having those meltdowns?”

“No…” Lillie shook her head, feeling trapped. “No, no! That can’t be true!”

“It has to be, Lillie. Among everyone in this room, you probably know those two the most. What other reason would there be for them to so violently tear these creatures from their home? In fact, it’s probably what Necrozma was trying to do through them; trying to forcibly meld those two worlds together.”

“But…” Lillie backed away from Burnet, feeling betrayed. “We can’t just kill them! They’re just sick! We can heal them, we know how now!”

“And how would you plan on doing that?” Twilight asked. “If Necrozma is indeed the source of their power, there’d be no way to remove it without killing either of them.”

“We’ll find a way!” she screamed back, tears falling out of her eyes. “I won’t give up on them!”

“We have no time for this!” Luna shouted. “Sun, Lillie, I know how much these Pokémon must mean to you, but something is coming that’s greater than all of that, and if you don’t let me do this, you will allow your world to be doomed along with ours!”

Sun glared down on the princess, though she held her ground emotionally. “I won’t let any harm come to either of our worlds, but I also won’t let any harm come to them at the hands of our enemies. So tell me, Luna, are you a friend… or an enemy?”

Luna hissed, disgusted by Sun’s impossible choice. “I am a princess of Equestria, Sun. And as a princess, it is my sworn duty to protect the lives of all who live in Equestria from any thing that would threaten them… and right now… those two Pokémon behind you are the greatest threat to Equestria at this very moment.”

Sun closed his eyes, regretful of what he was about to do. “So you refuse to see. Solgaleo, Lunala.”

With a snap of his fingers, Lunala floated out around Solgaleo as both of their bodies lit up with a light magenta glow. The aura appeared around Luna, suddenly bringing her to her shins as she moaned and cried loudly, unable to stand back up.

“Luna!” Twilight and Starlight ran around her and charged their horns, their auras covering the two Pokémon.

To their horror, they simply bounced off their bodies and spread out in a light spray before disappearing entirely, neither Solgaleo nor Lunala appearing the least bit affected by the magic.

“I am an administrator of the Aether Foundation.” Sun snapped his fingers again, and with a flap of its wings, Twilight and Starlight were blown off their hooves and thrown down back to their Equestrians friends.

“Twilight! Starlight!” Spike ran to their aid, helping them as they weakly got up.

“And as an Aether Foundation admin,” Sun continued, “it is my vow to protect Pokémon from harm…”

Rainbow Dash scowled as she flew as fast as she could at Solgaleo’s head, only to crash into an invisible forcefield that rippled with light upon her head hitting it.

Sun watched emotionlessly as Rainbow Dash fell limply to the floor beside Luna. “…these two especially.”

The Equestrians looked on fearfully as Luna was pushed in on by Solgaleo and Lunala’s power. Even Gladion and Lillie were too afraid to move. Hau, however, found the insidious light shining in Sun’s eyes a too uncomfortable sight to see any longer, and he tore a Ultra Ball from his belt, throwing it out.

“Pangoro! Brutal Swing!”

Hau’s bear Pokémon leapt out from the energy that shot out of the ball, and with a slash of its arm, the black aura that trailed out of its claws lashed into Solgaleo and Lunala, harshly knocking them back. Freed from the hold, Luna crawled back to her hooves, Rainbow Dash coming up with her. Pangoro then landed on the ground in front of them, facing Solgaleo and Lunala as they reared back for attack.

“Hau!” Sun yelled. “What the hell are you doing?”

“I can ask you the same thing, Sun! You’re seriously going to lecture Luna about being a protector while you try and kill her?”

“You saw what she tried to do to Lunala! If it weren’t for me, she would have killed it first!”

“Don’t test me, Sun, not now. I’ll take those two down myself if you let them get anywhere near the ponies again, you understand me?!”

“That’s enough! Gladion, Lillie, help them!”

“Right!” Sam shot his gaze over as Gladion threw out his Poké Ball first. “Lucario, Aura Sphere!”

His blue-and-black jackal already had a blue aura charged in between its paws as it shot out from the ball and with a dual-handed throw, it launched the aura sphere and struck Pangoro in the chest, sending it to the ground.

“No!” Sam threw a Poké Ball out next. “Doublade, Brick Break!”

Sam’s Pokémon soared out of its ball and struck Lucario in the side of the neck with one of its swords, pointing the tip of its other at its head to keep it from trying another move.

Lillie tossed out her Poké Ball, her Rapidash appearing from the energy that shot out of it. “Rapidash, attack Doublade with Flare–”

Her command was interrupted by the angry growl of Lycanroc, who stood to Rapidash’s right with its jowls raised, revealing each tooth in its mouth.

“Go ahead,” Alice sternly taunted. “Tell it to use Flare Blitz.”

Alice and Lillie knew that she wouldn’t. Pangoro got itself up, resuming its guarding of Luna and Rainbow Dash from Solgaleo and Lunala. Lady and Comfey whined, frightened of the tense standoff that had been created.

“Hau!” Sun cried out again. “How could you? After everything we’ve been through, you’d do something like this?”

“Don’t pin this on me, man,” Hau venomously replied, “you’re the one who attacked Luna.”

Sun pressed his lips together. “You know one of those is Nebby, right? You really want his blood on your hands? You want to have that on your conscience for the rest of your life?!”

Hau let out a queasy breath. “I’m aware who that is. The same Nebby who could never stay in Lillie’s bag. The one we fought Team Skull and the Aether Foundation to protect.”

“Then why would you do it?!” Sun choked back tears. “After all you two have gone through together… after everything we’ve been through together. You’d really snuff it all out like that?”

The silence that followed was strangely unexpected, and each human, Equestrian, and Pokémon in the room was on edge, unwilling to be the one to break the treacherous silence until…

“Yeah…” Sun gasped at Hau’s reply. “We had some great times, didn’t we; the four of us? They were the best days of my life…” Sun appeared to soften just a little. “But then… you started keeping secrets from me.”

Sun tensed up again, knowing that Hau was now irrevocably lost to him. “All this time, Dexio, someone I thought became our enemy almost overnight… turns out that was all you. Twilight, Luna, Spike, Trixie, Thorax, Fluttershy, Starlight… all terrorized and frightened for their lives for a little information… information that you hate enough, apparently, to try and harm these ponies all over again.”

“And what if she’s lying?” Sun asked. “What if the Necrozma inside of Lunala fed them some hallucination to try and make her kill…” Sun began to stop what he was doing, realizing the stupidity of his desperate excuse.

Hau relaxed himself into a calmer state of mind. “Sun, buddy, you know that this is the very last thing that I would ever want. For you, for Lillie, Gladion… and for Solgaleo and Lunala most of all. But if Luna is right about them, and I have no reason to see why she wouldn’t be, then you know that as Kahuna of Melemele Island, and as someone endowed with a Pokémon like Marshadow to help me save both our worlds, I must take these two down to save everyone and everything else.”

Sun’s head dropped down, his shoulders and chest heaving as he sobbed hoarsely.

Hau took a deep breath, forced to keep the sadness Sun was letting out deep inside of himself. “I’m sorry, Sun.”

“Then I’m sorry too, Hau…” He then brought his chest up, his eyes wide open and filled with anxious adrenaline. “…because I’m not ready to give up on them quite yet!”

“Dammit!” Sam bolted out with his Doublade toward Sun, Solgaleo and Lunala, leaving Lucario and Gladion behind.

“Sam!” Pinkie Pie cried. “What are you doing?!”

“Saving our worlds, what does it look like?!”

“Get back here!” Gladion shouted. “Lucario, Psychic!”

Sam ran past Hau, allowing him to redirect his attention to Gladion. “Pangoro, block it and hit him with Hammer Arm.”

Pangoro leapt over Sam, Doublade, and Hau and stood between them and Lucario as it channeled its psychic energy into Pangoro, only for it to fade away the moment it touched its body. Lucario froze up as its attack was useless, Pangoro swinging the side of its balled fist into the center of Lucario’s chest, sending him flying back and crashing into Gladion, sending them both sliding back toward Alice and Lillie.

“Gladion!” With Lillie distracted by her brother’s incapacitation, Alice and Lycanroc both bolted away, running off to join Sam’s side as he faced Sun, Solgaleo and Lunala. “Wait! Rapidash, hit Lycanroc with Smart Strike!”

Rapidash galloped toward the two, Alice looking back as the horse easily gained on them, its horn shining with a metallic sheen. Lycanroc twisted around, ready to take the attack as Rapidash bowed its head down. Just then, Dexio, his jacket now zipped up on him, teleported between the two Pokémon with his Alakazam.

Dexio did not appear concerned as Rapidash continued onwards. “Alakazam, Psychic!”

Alakazam crossed the two bowls of its spoons over each other, catching Rapidash’s horn in them. Though the force pushed hard into its chest, Alakazam still managed to hold strong, and with its spoons both surging with energy, it threw them back out, sending Rapidash whinnying off its feet and landing on its side before Lillie.

“No,” she yelled, “Rapidash.”

Hau watched as Alice and Lycanroc finally got to Sam and Doublade’s sides. “Okay, I’ll leave you guys to it!”

Hau ran back to Pangoro to join Dexio and Alakazam, Dexio and Lucario getting to their own feet as Lillie’s Rapidash rose to join them.

“Luna,” Alice called, “Rainbow Dash, join the others. This is a battle we don’t need you in the crossfires for.”

“You can’t expect us to do nothing!” Rainbow Dash cried.

“Protect them!” Alice shouted back. “Protect each other! If this whole thing starts going south, we can’t afford for any of you guys to get hurt too!”

“You better listen to your friends,” Sun advised. “Your friends are out for blood, and if you get in my way, I’ll be out for yours too.”

Rainbow Dash huffed, frightened by the seriousness and brutal honesty of Sun’s promise.

“Rainbow Dash,” Luna advised, “we should leave them to fight; that much I can agree with Sun on.”

With a regretful breath, Rainbow Dash and Luna galloped back to rejoin Starlight and Twilight, who watched the two battles about to unfold.

Sun focused on Sam and Alice and their Pokémon, all ready to go and fight. “Are you willing to face them? Are you really that eager to slay such magnificent Pokémon?”

“We didn’t come into this to save Solgaleo and Lunala,” Sam huffed, jerking his head back to the Equestrians, “we did it to save them. And if killing those two will save their world, ours, and everything that lives in them, that’s a battle my Pokémon and I are willing to fight.”

“And that goes double for me, you selfish bastard!” Alice exclaimed with a shaken fist.

“Selfish? Me?” Sun couldn’t help but somberly laugh. “For wanting to save the two Pokémon most dear to me over something they can’t even help?!”

“You keep on repeating that,” Sam retorted. “See how much comfort it gives you when Necrozma uses them to usher in its bold new world.”

Sun exhaled again, taking Solgaleo and Lunala’s two Poké Balls from his belt. “Fine. You refuse to see too. I’ll make you see.”

Sun aimed both balls at the Pokémon, the red beams returning them both inside. After placing them back on his belt, he took two other Poké Balls and threw them out in one hand.

“Go, Decidueye, Incineroar!”

Both balls burst open, the energy spilling out forming into Sun’s leafy owl and muscular cat as they landed upon the ground. The two of them roared and screeched at Lycanroc and Doublade, neither of whom retreated or recoiled in the slightest. Sam suddenly clenched his stomach with a pang of forgetfulness, pulling his jacket up from around his waist, he felt the Dusk Stone inside the right pocket.

“You went through all that trouble,” Sun chided, “and you still haven’t evolved him yet. That’s good, now you can experience the pain you’ve chosen to put me through. Decidueye, Incineroar! Attack Doublade with Spirit Shackle and Darkest Lariat!”

Decidueye pulled an arrow with its hood’s drawstring and aimed while Incineroar’s went aflame with a deep, red fire. Sam fumbled the Dusk Stone out from his pocket, panting loudly as his chances of evolving it in time were getting slimmer and slimmer.

“I got you, bro!” Alice shouted. “Lycanroc, hit Incineroar with Stone Edge!”

Lycanroc pressed its front paws into the ground and shot up on them. Throwing its arms up as well, a pillar of rock jutted out just to the left of Incineroar, throwing it off to the side and nearly colliding it into Decidueye, forcing it to withdraw its arrow before it could miss its shot. Sam, his Dusk Stone held firmly in hand, ran out at Doublade and pressed the stone into the back of its plaque.

Regaining their footing, Incineroar and Decidueye looked up and saw as Doublade became a shape of pure white light. Burnet and the Equestrians were amazed as Sam’s Dusk Stone turned to a sparkling dust that infused itself with Doublade as it turned to face Sam. Even Hau and Dexio felt safe to turn around and watch with Lillie and Gladion as Doublade became a swirling green aura.

Doublade’s swords, once crossed, rotated until both tips were aimed at the ground. As they pressed into each other, fusing into one, its single blade stretched down and out, the sides curving slightly inward and its tip slightly jagged. The cloths at the end of each pommel receded inside as the hilt and cross-guard widened out. The ends of the cross-guard pointed up like shoulder-pads as two cloth arms sprouted from each one. Finally, its plaque, now facing Sun and his Pokémon, expanded and rounded out into a shield just slightly over half its size.

Sun grew furious as Doublade’s evolution neared completion. “Guys, attack!”

Decidueye drew its arrow again as Incineroar charged with its hands still on fire.

Sam smiled with greater confidence, knowing that it was now too late for them as his Pokémon’s final form was achieved. “Aegislash! Block them with King’s Shield!”

Decidueye loosed its arrow, whizzing past Incineroar as it continued to run out. Aegislash slid its new arms between its blade and its shield as it tensed its body as it became all white again. With the arrow striking the center of the shield, bouncing off and away, the light shattered, revealing itself to everyone inside. It opened its single eye in the center of the cross-guard, which matched the purple tips on the ends of its cloth arms sticking out on both sides of its shield.

Incineroar leapt and twisted, spinning fast as it kept its right arm out to strike down. Angling itself to take the attack, Aegislash tensed up once again, but upon Incineroar’s arm swinging around and down, a gridded wall of bright hexagons prevented its claws from reaching Aegislash’s shield. Sun gasped as his Pokémon’s hand was bounced off the wall with such force that it spun it the other way, forcing it to land hard on its side. Clutching its upper arm, Incineroar slowly backed up to rejoin Decidueye’s side.

“Whoa, that was cool!” Rainbow Dash breathed out.

“Don’t get too excited yet,” Applejack said. “If this isn’t gonna’ be Sam and Alice’s toughest battle yet, I don’t know what will.”

Twilight and Luna both looked out past Hau and Dexio, who were still deadlocked in a stalemate with neither them nor Lillie and Gladion willing to make an attack.

“Hau, please!” Gladion appeared ill as he was mentally torn in every conceivable direction. “I don’t want to fight you!”

“Then don’t!” Hau on the other hand, was reserved and decided. “Just because Sun won’t make the sacrifice we need to doesn’t mean you can’t too.”

“Hau, listen to yourself!” Lillie shouted. “We can’t let Solgaleo and Lunala die! If that’s the last thing you wanted, you’d help us find a way!”

“And how long will that take to find it?” Dexio yelled back. “Even if we can get the ponies home tomorrow, Prism will go straight after Solgaleo and Lunala next, and you know they’ll stop at nothing to get Necrozma’s power back, and if that happens, we’re all doomed, and those two will be lost to you forever!”

Lillie brought her head down and fought hard to hold back her tears. Gladion himself started breathing louder, the words finally sinking in.

“Lillie!” Twilight shouted. “I know how much you love those two, but what about Luna? She and Celestia made them, and she’s willing to do what needs to be done to save all of us and stop Team Prism dead in their tracks! If she can make such an impossible decision, so can you!”

Lillie sobbed, about to fall to her knees. Before she could, Gladion and Lucario both caught her pulling her back to her feet. Looking up to her brother, his face now red with a stream of tears down each cheek. Knowing his decision was made, she fell into his chest, hugging it tight.

“I don’t want to!” she wept. “I don’t even think I could!”

“We have to be strong,” he said. “For them. For everyone.”

Sun, Sam, Alice, their Pokémon were all witness to this, the former breathing through his clenched teeth, his sad frown slowly morphing into an livid scowl.

“You traitors!” Sun screamed. “I thought you loved them!”

“I do, Sun!” Lillie pushed off her brother and turned to face him, standing between Dexio and Hau. “And I will always love them, but I can’t continue loving them if they turn against us!”

“Just like you’re doing to me!”

“Sun, for god’s sake!” Gladion stepped up to join Hau’s side. “We’re not your enemy here!”

“If you choose to stand against me, then you sure as hell are!”

“And if Team Prism takes them, they’ll be your enemy too! Will you fight them then like you’re fighting us?!”

“That will never happen! I will protect them, even if I have to do it alone!”

Alice threw a pointed finger out. “Let’s see if you can even stop the two of us! Lycanroc, hit Decidueye with Crunch!”

Lycanroc ran out at the owl, and it leapt up and clamped onto its left wing, which it held up to protect the rest of itself. Decidueye winced hard as Lycanroc bit down as hard as it could.

“Decidueye, Leaf Blade!” Sun ordered. “Incineroar, Cross Chop!”

Decidueye wound its wing in, the ends of its feathers running against Lycanroc’s stomach. Then, with a swing out, it sliced its wing against the wolf’s gut, forcing it to let go and get thrown back to the ground. As it tumbled, Incineroar was already running after it, and with its wrists crossed together and its flattened hands pointing downward, it brought both arms up, striking them both in the center of Lycanroc’s chest.

Alice watched fearfully as her Pokémon flew high above her head. “Lycanroc!”

“Heads up!” Shining Armor leapt over his friends and sister before falling over to his side beneath where the wolf would fall.

It landed against his gut, forcing a hard grunt from him. Lycanroc bounced up and got to its paws, running back to join Alice.

“Quick thinking!” Sam cheered. “Now, Aegislash, hit Incineroar with Sacred Sword!”

Aegislash leapt out of the enarme of its shield, and with a twirl, caught it with the end of its left cloth arm. It then raced out at Incineroar, its entire blade glowing a bright, neon blue. With a full-spinning swing, Aegislash struck Incineroar in the chest, sending it sliding back to Sun and Decidueye. Returning to Sam, Incineroar fell to one knee, weakened by the attacks it endured.

“Dammit!” Sun took a Poké Ball from his belt and aimed it at Incineroar, bringing it back inside. “Don’t think that this is anywhere close to over, because once we’re through with you, Hau, Gladion, Dexio… you’re next. Go, Primarina!”

Throwing his next ball out, a white sea-lion with a blue mermaid’s tail, long turquoise hair, and a pink ball-tipped nose plopped to the ground upon forming from the ball’s energy.

“Fine with me!” Alice spoke. “We still have the first move. Lycanroc, hit Decidueye with another Crunch!”

Lycanroc ran out again and leapt up.

“Decidueye, dodge it!” Bending its legs back, Decidueye fell backward and let Lycanroc fly over it. “That’s it! Now hit Aegislash with Spirit Shackle!”

Decidueye sprung back up and readied another arrow in its drawstring as Aegislash held its shield in front of its blade. With no further distractions, Decidueye fired its arrow straight and true at the center of Aegislash’s shadow. With a pulse of light that spread out from the impact of the shadow, Aegislash cried out as a similar ring ran over its body, a crack seeping dark fog now appearing on its shield.

“Ha!” Sun clenched his fist. “Let’s see your Pokémon try and fight now!”

It was true; as Aegislash tried to move, it found that its shield anchored it down. Sam looked down where the arrow was, and with an epiphany coming into his head, he glanced back up, his mouth slightly open.

“Aegislash, let it go!”

Sun sneered. “Let what g– oh!”

Aegislash took its arm out of its shield and floated high above it. Sam smiled as the arrow in the shield’s shadow pinned it in midair, the only thing that held it down.

“Nice!” Sam threw a pointed finger at Sun’s other Pokémon. “Alright, now attack Primarina with Iron Head!”

Aegislash shot down at Primarina, the tip of its blade aimed squarely at it. With tremendous force, the end of the blade jutted into Primarina’s waist, slamming the side of its body to the floor.

“Great job, Sam!” Alice exclaimed. “Lycanroc, use Crunch again!”

With Lycanroc still behind Decidueye, it reared itself up for another attack.

“Decidueye!” Sun shouted. “Finish Lycanroc off with Leaf Blade!”

Alice’s wolf Pokémon jumped at Decidueye who wound its right arm in and let it bite down on it. It then twisted back and lifted its arm high over its head, bringing Lycanroc with it. Following through, Decidueye brought its arm down to the floor, a small burst of leaves and grass flying up into the air as Lycanroc was slammed on the cold surface. Decidueye quickly freed its arm and hopped back once, allowing the dust to settle and reveal Lycanroc fainted and motionless on the ground.

“Lycanroc!” Alice shouted.

“Don’t worry about it, I got this.” Sam kept his focus on Primarina. “Aegislash, hit her with another Iron Head!”

Sun aimed each finger of his hand at Sam’s encroaching Pokémon. “Primarina, Scald!”

Breathing in and tilting its head back, Primarina threw its head forward and shot a hefty stream of water at the sword, steam spewing off from it. Aegislash appeared to pierce through it, spraying the water in many directions. It connected with Primarina’s face and nearly threw it back down, though Primarina was able to catch itself this time. The spray of boiling water flew out along the battlefield and threatened to hit Alice, Sam, and the four others behind them with their Pokémon.

“Guys!” Twilight charged her horn and covered the water with her magic, quickly freezing it and turning it to snow.

Starlight also lit up her horn and conjured a wind that blew the snow safely away from the battle. The two shared a look and nodded, appreciating each others' teamwork. As Aegislash returned to Sam, he couldn’t help but be off put by the mark that appeared on the tip as if it had been held to a flame.

“No, it’s burned.” Sam could only watch as Aegislash rubbed at its mark with its cloth arms, moaning as it applied pressure to it.

“That’s it!” Sun spat. “Let’s see how well it can hit me now!”

Alice returned her fainted Lycanroc to its ball, replacing it with another on her belt. “Shouldn’t be much left of either of you when this bad boy’s though with you. Let’s do this, Raichu!”

Tossing her next ball out, her electric mouse swirled around her body before taking its spot next to Aegislash.

“Second verse same as the first!” Alice threw her finger at Primarina. “Hit Primarina with Thunderbolt!”

Raichu pressed its paws to its cheeks, filling its arms with its electricity. With a winding back of both arms, Raichu clapped them together, shooting the bolt out at Primarina where its paw tips were aiming. Primarina convulsed as the voltage raced through its body, screaming out at the intense pain of its muscles forcing themselves to contract.

“Decidueye, save her with U-Turn!” Hearing Sun loud and clear, Decidueye flapped its wings and brought itself halfway between the floor and the ceiling.

Upon getting the necessary air, it dove down at Raichu, and upon getting near it, it swung its legs around and dug its talons into Raichu’s skin, making it squeal in agony. Letting go, Decidueye pushed off Raichu and pulled its claws out, soaring back at Sun while Raichu struggled to stay on its board.

Sun held a Poké Ball in his left hand as Decidueye flew out at the center button of the one in his right. As it got closer, the red beam connected with Decidueye and converted it into the same energy, receding into the ball at once. He then threw the ball in his left hand out, sending Incineroar back out. Despite the beating it took, it appeared far stronger than it did after Aegislash’s King’s Shield.

With dark steam rising off of Primarina’s body, it brought itself back into its relaxed position, satisfying Sun. “That’s it, Primarina! Now, strike back with Ice Beam!”

Opening its mouth once again, mist spilled out from the sides as its tongue frosted over. With a shout filled with vibrato, a freezing beam shot out of its mouth and struck Raichu. As it hugged itself to keep warm, a cloud of snow formed around it, blanketing it until no one could see through it.

Sun scoffed as he tore his focus away from Primarina and Raichu. “Sorry, guys. Aegislash, finish off Incineroar with Sacred Sword!”

Aegislash shot out with its blade blazing up with blue. It swung its sword and shifted about, keeping Incineroar unsure of where its attack would land. Putting one fist atop the other, Sam jammed both of them forward. Aegislash responded by running the tip of its blade into Incineroar’s gut and sending it off its feet, its eyes bulging as the air was forced out of its lungs.

“Incineroar!” His cat landed on its back before him, its arms spread out wide.

With a weak raising of its head, Incineroar saw Aegislash floating over it. With a final breath, it rested its head down on the ground and laid still, unable to fight any longer.

“Yes, Sam!” Hau shouted. “You guys are actually doing it!”

Gladion glanced back toward Burnet and the Equestrians, all of whom stayed silent over what the battle would ultimately amount to. He was particularly disheartened to see Pinkie Pie so silent and nervous.

“Fight on,” Starlight whispered under her breath.

Sun returned his Incineroar back into its ball before looking where Raichu was, his Primarina just finishing its attack. After a short while, a shape fell from the mist and landed on the ground with a large clink. As the mist faded, Alice was horrified to see Raichu stiff as stone as it stood on its tail, only able to whimper and moan as the chill pricked at it.

“No, Raichu! Hold on, I–” Turning around, she found that her bag was not sitting near her, looking over the Equestrians behind her to see it on the table along with Sam’s. “No, dammit!”

“And now your Raichu’s stuck,” Sun taunted. “Now it can’t escape from this! Come back out, Decidueye! Finish Raichu off with Spirit Shackle!”

Decidueye drew an arrow, aiming at the small bit of shade formed from Raichu’s head.

“And Primarina, take Aegislash out with Sparkling Aria!”

Primarina hoisted itself off its flippers and held them up as it opened its mouth as if belting a high note. A sphere of water grew out in the space above its head as smaller aqueous balls bubbled out and flew out around, over, and beneath Aegislash. It looked about, unable to find its window of escape.

Decidueye let its arrow fly, striking Raichu’s shadow’s forehead. The force pushed with the same intensity against Raichu’s head, a smoking gash appearing there as the bits of ice around it shattered off. Raichu tipped to its side and drew a last breath before falling unconscious, the gash fading away with a puff.

“Raichu!” Alice fell to her knees and cradled her Pokémon, doing her best to keep it warm. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry!”

Primarina clapped its hands, the orbs surrounding Aegislash popping in rapid succession, each one letting out short soprano vocal notes that in succession produced an otherwise pleasant melody. The water that exploded pelted Aegislash in all directions until it was caught up in a dizzying whirlpool of song.

The water became still for a moment with Aegislash floating inside of it before it all dropped and spread along the floor, washing into everyone’s feet, paws, and hooves. Once the water settled, the Equestrians were afraid to see Aegislash and Raichu both fainted.

“No, Raichu!” Fluttershy cried. “Aegislash!”

“This isn’t over!” Trixie bellowed. “You get back up on your feet and keep fighting, you dolts!”

Sam pursed his lips, incensed by his Pokémon’s motionless body and Trixie’s taunt. “You don’t have to tell me twice.”

Alice stood up with her Raichu as she took its ball from her belt. Sam detached Aegislash’s ball and pointed it at it, both he and Alice returning their Pokémon to them at the same time.

“Hah,” Sun breathed out. “Three of your Pokémon already brought down while I’ve only lost one. Are you really set on continuing this fight?”

“Oh shut the hell up, Sun!” Sam took another Poké Ball from his belt. “We’ve already done some work to those two, and my next Pokémon should finish the job. Alice?”

“Oh yeah.” She showed him her ball. “Mine too.”

“Then we keep fighting! Go, Lurantis!”

Sam and Alice threw both their balls out. “You’re up, Mimikyu!”

Both Pokémon burst from their balls, standing in front of their trainers and facing Decidueye and Primarina with the vigor of fighting the strongest Pokémon they’ve never seen before.

“Mimikyu,” Sun spoke under his breath. “I remember that trial…”

“Go, Mimikyu!” Alice commanded. “Hit Decidueye with Shadow Claw!”

Mimikyu ran out at Sun’s owl and leapt up, its arms sliding out from under its disguise.

Sun was visibly ready. “Decidueye, hit it with Leaf Blade! Primarina, Ice Beam!”

Both Decidueye and Primarina turned their attention to Mimikyu, who swung its arm and fingers into Decidueye’s chest. Undaunted, Decidueye watched Mimikyu as it landed on the ground, and with a low crouch, it swiped it wing into its disguise’s neck, breaking it and pushing it away. Just as Mimikyu stopped, Primarina already began blasting it with its chilly beam.

Sam grunted, unable to watch another Pokémon freeze before his eyes. “Lurantis, hit Primarina with Poison Jab!”

Lurantis raced toward the sea lion, the tip of its right scythe turning purple. With a downward swing, it stabbed Primarina in the chest. With a clenched-teeth wince, Primarina ceased its attack as its head crumpled forward. Lurantis took a step away, giving Primarina enough time to faint if necessary. The mist surrounding Mimikyu parted, and while its disguise had ice clinging to it, it still breathed heavy as it tried to deal with its broken disguise.

“Guys?!” Pinkie Pie zipped around her friends, sliding earmuffs around each of her Equestrian friends.

The humans and their Pokémon were already quick to cover their ears. Just as Pinkie Pie, slipped the last pair on for herself, Mimikyu let out its incensed shriek, which was only amplified by the acoustics of the atrium.

Alice smiled as she squeezed her head with her hands. “For once, I’m happy to hear that sound! Mimikyu, go ahead and finish off Decidueye with Leech Life!”

Mimikyu brought its arms out from under its disguise and stretched them out at Decidueye, who squawked back to Sun for a strategy.

“Spirit Shackle, quickly!” Without time to waste, Decidueye drew its bow and loosed, sending the arrow out to strike the shadow of Mimikyu’s disguise’s chest. Mimikyu’s hands grabbed Decidueye just as the arrow pierced its target, hurling Mimikyu back as a dark hole appeared just below its neck, deflating its essence from its disguise. Decidueye breathed easier as Mimikyu’s shadow hands fell weakly off its face.

“Whoa!” Thorax removed his earmuffs along with the others. “And that guy took such a beating against Zeraora!”

Lurantis watched fearfully as Primarina picked its head up, apparently still strong enough to fight.

Sun smiled with newfound confidence. “Ice Beam, now!”

Lurantis tried to leap back and away as Primarina’s mouth frosted back over, but as it launched its beam, Lurantis was hit in the center of its face sending it flying and flipping back over until the momentum slammed the back of its head against the floor. Sam gasped in horror as Lurantis slid back to his feet, already unconscious before it came to a stop.

“So, Sam, Alice.” Sun couldn’t help but sound delighted in his boastfulness. “Those were the Pokémon you said would take them out? Any more Pokémon you’d like send off to the chopping block?”

“Yeah, okay…” Sam and Alice returned their Pokémon to their Poké Balls, Sam quick to take his next one off his belt. “This time for real. Go, Absol!”

Sam’s white-furred Pokémon hopped out from its ball, showing a particular disdain for Decidueye.

“When did Sam get a Pokémon like that?” Shining Armor asked.

“Remember the Absol?” Starlight began to answer. “From the Megamart?”

Shining Armor needed a second to piece it together, his face lighting up upon realizing. “He actually caught that thing?”

“After his trial, yes.”

“Wow… good going, Sam.”

Upon putting Mimikyu’s ball onto her belt, she detached her next, hesitating before finally throwing it out. “Okay, Mudsdale, your turn!”

Alice’s stocky horse jumped out from the Poké Ball, its hooves hitting the ground, faltering the balance of everyone near it.

“You brought a Ground-type to face off a Grass-type and a Water-type?” Sun resumed his serious hatefulness. “Oh right, Ice Beam wouldn’t work too well for your Noibat, would it?”

Alice frowned, hoping not to betray her poker face.

“You’re wrong, Sun.” Sam smirked. “She only has to face the Water-type. Absol, finish Decidueye off with Night Slash!”

Absol bolted at Decidueye, keeping its eyes on its right wing as it readied to protect itself. Sam’s Pokémon dipped, prepared to break through from underneath, only for Decidueye to drop its wing down, closing its window. Absol then leapt up, the energy conserved from its crouch increasing its power. With no way to stop it, Decidueye turned its head away as Absol’s blackened claws slashed into its face, leaving a trail where each one dragged across. Sun took a single step back as his owl Pokémon fell to its stomach, showing no signs of getting back up.

“This is your chance now!” Alice shouted, pointing at Sun’s remaining Pokémon. “Take Primarina out with Heavy Slam!”

Mudsdale galloped out, its gait slow, but powerful as it rumbled the entire room.

“Primarina, stop her with Scald!” Heeding Sun, Primarina shot another stream of boiling water at the massive horse.

To both of their surprise and fright, Mudsdale pushed through, ignoring the excruciating heat on its forehead as it took the blast there. With its head tucked in, Mudsdale sensed that it got close and jerked to the left, crashing its shoulder into Primarina’s entire body with its full weight and speed. Primarina ended its attack as it flopped and rolled back to Sun, who, like Decidueye finally laid unconscious and unable to battle.

“No…” Sun looked out at Sam and Alice, who smiled proudly with what they had managed to accomplish.

Behind them, Hau and Dexio clenched their fists in support of the two trainers, while Lillie held Gladion’s arm, knowing who was coming next. Even the Equestrians couldn’t think to cheer, knowing the same thing that Lillie did.

“Guys, return!” Sun aimed the buttons of their Poké Balls at Decidueye and Primarina, the red beam retracting them back with red energy.

“Sun!” He glowered at Sam upon hearing his voice. “Send them out now! All they can try and do now is protect one another!”

Placing the two balls in his hand onto his belt, he closed his fists and his eyes. “If these two meant as much to you as they do to me, this battle of ours wouldn’t even be happening.”

“You may be right about that,” Alice responded, “maybe not. All that we know is that we can put an end to this all right here! Our friends can go back home where they belong without having to worry if Team Prism will take those two and force its way back to Equestria. You can help us, Sun!”

Sun relaxed his hands and face, Alice and Sam taken aback as they awaited a possible change of heart. The Equestrians leaned in, wanting to hear his reply. Hau, Dexio, Lillie, and Gladion stood patiently and stoically, still unsure.

“No…” Sun finally answered. “If I can’t help them, then I can’t help anyone or anything!” Sun tore Solgaleo and Lunala’s balls from his belt and threw them high up in the air, hopping back several paces. “Let’s end this, Solgaleo, Lunala!”

With a massive amount of white energy pouring out from each ball, they formed themselves into Solgaleo and Lunala, roaring out to the top of the room as they awaited their second time up in this battle. It then looked down on Alice, Sam, and both of their Pokémon, eager to attack either one of them.

“Prepare yourselves, Sam and Alice!” Sun held his fists up as if ready to fight alongside them. “This is where the battle really begins!”

Burnet looked up at Solgaleo and Lunala, her breath caught in her throat as the final gauntlet was thrown. Luna kept her eyes on Sam, Alice, Absol, and Mudsdale, hoping beyond all hope that they could be the ones to put an end to everything.

PreviousChapters Next