• Published 11th Feb 2017
  • 836 Views, 19 Comments

Ponies of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - Razor Blade the Unicron



Blacksmith Rainbow Dash teams up with eccentric pirate Captain Pinkie Pie to save Dash's love, Fluttershy Breeze, from undead pirates led by Pinkie's mutinous former first mate, Captain Sparkle.

  • ...
5
 19
 836

Eight Years Later

Fluttershy's eyes snapped open wide, startled with fear. She remained still on her bed, breathing heavily. She slowly looked around the room, but saw no movement. Fluttershy sat up on her canopied bed, and turned up the flame on an oil lamp next to it. She climbed out of bed, and walked across the room, carrying the lamp, to a painting on the wall. She gently took the painting off the wall, and pulled back the wallpaper to reveal a hidden area. She reached in, and pulled out the gold-and-silver medallion that she kept for all these years. It still frightened her.

"Where did it come from?" she whispered.

There was a sudden knock on the door, and Fluttershy jumped up, startled.

"Fluttershy?" asked her father, "Are you decent?"

"J-just one moment!" she replied nervously.

Fluttershy quickly put the medallion on around her neck, and threw on a dressing gown, which covered it. She opened the door an inch, and her maid, Stella Bright entered, along with her father, who was carrying a large box.

"Still abed at this hour?" asked Governor Sky, "It's such a beautiful day!"

Stella pulled back the curtains, revealing a beautiful blue sky, the bustling town of Port Royal, and clear blue water.

"I have a gift for you." continued Fluttershy's father, opening the box.

Fluttershy let out a gasp, as he revealed a gorgeous green-and-blue dress, and a butterfly mane-clip, "It's beautiful! May I inquire as to the occasion?"

"Is an occasion necessary for a father to dote upon his daughter with gifts?"

Fluttershy smiled, and walked behind a screened-off dressing room. Stella followed her, holding the box.

"Although," her father continued, "I did think you could wear it to the ceremony today."

"Ceremony?" asked Fluttershy.

"Captain Rarity's promotion ceremony."

Fluttershy's face fell. She didn't particularly care for Captain Rarity.

"Or, rather," her father continued, "Commodore Rarity... A fine gentlepony, don't you think?" Fluttershy chose to remain silent, "He fancies you, you know."

Fluttershy let out a sudden gasp as Stella tightened the corset she had put over her. She was trying to hold her hair and the medallion out of the way, so they wouldn't get stuck.

"Fluttershy?" asked Governor Sky after getting no response, "How's it coming?"

"Um..." said Fluttershy, letting out another gasp, "Just a little difficulty."

"I'm told that dress is the very latest fashion in London."

Mares in London must have learned how not to breathe! thought Fluttershy as her corset was tightened even more.

"Governor?" said a butler, "A caller is here for you."

Governor Sky nodded, and then headed for the stairs. Downstairs, a pegasus stallion stood wearing rough clothing. He held a long presentation case, and continually eyed at it.

"Ah, Mr. Dash!" said Governor Sky, arriving downstairs, "It's good to see you again!"

"Good day, sir," said Rainbow, holding out the case, "I have your order."

Rainbow opened the case to reveal a beautiful sword and scabbard. He gently pulled it out to present it to the governor.

"The blade is folded steel," he said, "That's gold filigree laid into the handle," he paused to take the sword, and balance it on his hoof at the point where the blade met the guard, "Perfectly balanced. The tang is nearly the full width of the blade."

"Impressive..." said Governor Sky as Rainbow carefully placed the sword back in its scabbard, "Very impressive... Commodore Rarity will be very pleases, I'm sure. Do pass my compliment on to your master."

Rainbow's face fell for a second, before he simply nodded, "I shall. A craftsman is always pleased to hear his work is appreciated..."

He trailed off as Fluttershy appeared at the top of the stairs, now wearing her beautiful dress.

"Fluttershy!" said Governor Sky happily, "You look stunning!"

Rainbow opened his mouth to say something, but couldn't seem to speak. Instead, he gave Fluttershy a broad smile.

"Rainbow!" said Fluttershy dashing downstairs to her friend, "It's so good to see you! I dreamt about you last night."

"Really?" asked Rainbow in surprise.

"Fluttershy," interrupted Governor SKy, "This is hardly appropriate-"

"About the day we met," continued Fluttershy, seemingly oblivious to her father, "Do you remember?"

"I could never forget it, Miss Breeze." said Rainbow, somewhat solemnly and somewhat happily.

"Rainbow, how many times must I ask you to call me 'Fluttershy'?"

"At least once more, Miss Breeze. As always."

"Well said!" said Governor Sky before Fluttershy could say anymore, "There's a boy who understands propriety. Now, we must be going."

He took the case from Rainbow, and opened the door for Fluttershy. She stood tall as she had been taught, gathered her skirts, and strode past Rainbow.

"Good day, Mr. Dash." she said, trying not to sound sad as she left.

"Good day," replied Rainbow, who watched as she was helped aboard a carriage by the driver, "Fluttershy..."

"Dear," said Governor Sky as the carriage began to roll along, "I do hope you demonstrate a bit more decorum in front of Commodore Rarity. After all, it is only through his efforts that Port Royal has become at all civilized."

"Yes, father." said Fluttershy glumly; oh, she missed Rainbow already!

Author's Note:

This chapter is a bit short, but I felt that a certain someone needed their own chapter to be introduced...