• Published 15th Feb 2017
  • 1,162 Views, 24 Comments

Day after Day - starbright154



A familiar pony appears at Sweet Apple Acres in the middle of the night. Applejack doesn't think twice about letting him in, but something begins to arise between the two. What will become of the two ponies? What is this pony's tragic story?

  • ...
1
 24
 1,162

The Preparations

Author's Note:

I am soooo sorry for the long wait. I know it's short, but I tried my hardest to continue some of the story. Let me know what you think. I would be very appreciative with any kind criticism. Again, sorry! :twilightsheepish:

Flim's P.O.V.

I had set a mental alarm for myself to wake up earlier than Applejack would because I had very important errand to run. Applejack was snuggled up against me, and I had my hooves gently around her waist. If I didn't know any better, I would think that Applejack was falling for me, as well.

No way, I thought. I've just been a good friend for her and taken care of her. Nothing more.

I carefully removed my hooves from around her and slowly to get off the bed. She was still fast asleep as I quickly put on my clothes and headed for the door. I tiptoed down the stairs to be greeted by Apple Bloom. Just like we had planned.

"Here ya go, Flim," Apple Bloom said, handing over a sack of bits," Granny Smith thought this was a great idea, so she tossed in a few more bits so you can spruce yourself up."

"Tell her I really appreciate it, and I'll pay her back as soon as I can."

I picked up the bits with my magic and cautiously opened the front door, whispered a silent thank you to Apple Bloom, and made my way over to Rarity's Boutique.

AJ's P.O.V.

Once I woke up, I instantly felt like something was missing, and sure enough, Flim was not in bed beside me. I just figured he was probably downstairs helping with breakfast again. I carefully climbed out of bed, my leg still sore, and trotted down the stairs. Although my leg was sore, I was already in a lot better shape after Flim had applied that cream. I'll have to thank Twilight when I see her again. Coming to a step at the bottom of the stairs, I realized that Flim wasn't here either. The rest of my family was already sitting down, eating what looked like blueberry pancakes.

"Hey, have any of ya'll seen Flim?" I asked them.

"Can't say that I have," Granny Smith replied," But I could've forgotten. You never know when you're as old as me."

"I know where he is," Apple Bloom interjected.

"Really? Where?"

"He had woken up early this morning, and I heard him so I came downstairs and asked him what he was doing. He told me was going to be busy in town today. Some sort of project I'm guessing. He also told me to tell you to stay off your leg for today cause you're gonna need to use it later."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"I have no idea."

"Do you have any ideas, Big Mac?"

"Nope."

I sighed before sitting down in front of Big Mac and loading my plate with two blueberry pancakes. It felt like a part of me was missing. I couldn't place the feeling, but I knew it had something to do with Flim.


Flim’s P.O.V.

It wasn’t long before I was once again at Rarity’s boutique. I opened the door to the boutique and shouted out her name.

“Rarity!” I called,” I’m here on important business.”

“Coming!”

Rarity turned the last corner of her stairs with a beautiful gown in tow.

“Is that the one?” I asked.

“Indeed so,” Rarity responded,” I added a touch more lace and an accessory to go along with the outfit. Oh, I do hope she likes it.”

“With this amazing work of art, I’m sure she will.”

“And don’t you let her know I did this with no charge. She’ll keep insist on paying me, and I’m not having none of that after she paid for your outfit.”

“Speaking of my outfit, do you think you could spruce it up a little bit?”

“Why of course, Darling! After all, you deserve it, with you being such a great friend to Applejack.”

“Yeah, great friends,” I said with a nervous chuckle.

“Is there something wrong, Flim? Maybe I could be of some assistance?”

“Well, it’s kind of embarrassing.”

“No need to be, darling. I won’t judge.”

“Well, ok then,” I took a deep breath before confessing to Rarity my feelings,” I have kinda, sorta have a crush on, uh,... Applejack."

Her face turned into shock and then into delite.

“Ooh, that’s wonderful news, darling!” Rarity said.

“It is?”

“Why of course! Applejack hasn’t really showed that much interest in stallions, but I noticed the other day that she couldn’t keep her eyes off of you in your wonderful outfit. I think she might be falling for you, as well.”

“Really? You think so?”

“There’s only one way to find out. Ask her out to the party tonight.”

“Oh, uh, I don’t know, Rarity. She’ll probably just wants to go with you and the rest of her friends. She probably doesn’t want to get stuck with me the whole night.”

“Oh, darling, you’re thinking to much into this. Just ask her to the party, and if she says yes, then excellent! She can spend time with you and have fun with the rest of her friends, as well.”

“I guess that can work.”

“Of course it will, Darling.”

“Well, I better finish the rest of tasks on my to-do list before tonight. Goodbye, Rarity.”

“Goodbye to you as well, darling.”

I left my outfit on the table for Rarity and told her I would come back by later to pick up both outfits for tonight.

As I left, I couldn’t help but think of the possibility of me and Applejack going on an actual - well, not actual - kind of date at Pinkie Pie’s ‘Welcome to Ponyville’ party for me. Only time will tell.