• Published 15th May 2017
  • 1,422 Views, 31 Comments

My Little Mages: Weight of the Crown - Foxhelm



The Summer Sun Celebration has come again, this time Twilight is now a demigoddess and a princess. However, things often go array as the sky is day and night and the princesses are gone. A My Little Mages retelling of "Princess Twilight Sparkle"

  • ...
2
 31
 1,422

Summoning The Erisadies

Twilight fell asleep the night before at the desk in her room and woke up not noticing the blanket placed over her shoulders. She yawned and rubbed her eyes and as she looked out of the window, she gave a “Wha?!” in confusion. The sun and the moon were both out each occupying half of the sky but the half that the moon occupied was like the night sky. Twilight turned from her desk and called out, “Spike?” in an attempt to get her familiar’s attention.

Spike was still cuddled up in his bed and very much still asleep as he snores, sounding like the word ‘check’, in response or rather a nonresponse to Twilight’s call, the dragon continued lost in a dream involving checklist.

Twilight got up from her desk and walked over to the small bed Spike slept in and shook him awake, calling out his name to get his attention, “Spike!”

Spike reluctantly and grudgingly woke, “Ungh…” he growled as he rubbed his eyes and looked around the room before he yawned, “What time is it?”

That question caught Twilight off guard, she had no idea what time it was, as she generally pointed Spike to face the window, “It's the middle of the night! But it could be morning. That's just it! I can't tell!” there was panic in her voice as everything seemed so far out of order.

Spike was a lot calmer as he looked out the window before opening in, “Whoa. That is weird.” unbeknownst to him, Twilight was at the door to the room and was about to leave.

“Come on, Spike,” she ordered as she donned her tiara. “We have to find out what's going on” Spike sighed as he left the window and ran after Twilight as she headed to one of the exits of the main castle. Within about fifteen minutes she and Spike arrived at one of the doors and opened it.

Outside a fair size of the Chantalot’s population were chattering as they looked at the sky in horror, a woman spoke out, “What does it mean?!” she asked in her scream. Another woman spotted Twilight as the door opened, “Princess Twilight likely knows!” People continued to chatter as they all but rushed Twilight in a near panic, all scared and all seeking answers to what is going on.

Twilight was initially overwhelmed at this near onslaught, “I'm-I'm sure it's just…” before she could continue.

“Everything will be under control. Events like these have periodically over a much longer time than Mystica has existed. And even in our history, there were times that Princess Celestia left the night in the sky. All of this will be straightened out. But please, permit me to speak with the princesses,” came a familiar voice as a man with a with blue hair, a handlebar mustache, a monocle for his left eye. He wore a black tailcoat suit with a white shirt, blue vest, and a purple bow tie, his suit’s cuffs were linked with cufflinks depicting a set of three crowns. “Thank you all,” He said as he for or less forced Twilight and Spike back into the castle and shut the door behind him. “That was close,” He said wiping his brow.

“Why did you say that to them, Prime Administrator Baron Fancypants?” Twilight asked the older man.

“Please, you can just call me Roy when not in public, your grace. But back to your question, the answer is simple, to prevent a riot.” Seeing the questioning looks from the two. “You see if the population find out that Princess Luna and Princess Celestia are gone there would be mass panic in Chantalot, a riot would likely erupt here and in turn would spread across the nation opening a possible civil war… I could go on, but I think I will leave it there.” Fancypants answered. As he wiped his brow with a handkerchief, getting small beads of sweat off, not seeing but hearing Twilight and Spike gasp in response. “Now we do have some producers in place, most of the royal guard station in the castle and the castle staff will be searching for the two within the castle, but with Princess Mi Amore Cadenza still on her way here from the Krystalopolies with her consort, Marshall Armor, you are the now the ruling princess.”

Twilight was still processing that Luna and Celestia were not in the capital and so close to the Summer Sun Celebration, “I don't understand! Where are Celestia and Luna?” she closed her eyes and shook her head.

Fancypants gave a sigh, “I don’t know. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna have vanished. The rule of the land falls to you. What are your orders, we haven’t much time.” Fancypants explained the situation to the best of his ability, as the three walked deeper into the castle. “So what are your commands?” Just then a handful of guard arrived with a few of the castle staff at the hallway the three were walking.

Twilight hesitated for just a second as she recalled all the things she and her friend have done, all the time she took the lead. “Guards, get back to the search and only report to your superior officer when you have finished searching a part of the castle, no other reports to myself are to made until the whole castle has been searched down to the last speck of dust. Have a the Order of Shadows search the Castle of the Two Sister in the Everfree Forest. Also send out a band of guards incognito to search Chantalot itself and be a subtle as possible,” the guards bowed and went to carry out the orders, After turning to the castle staff, “While the guards are searching for Celestia and Luna, we need to better allocate our resources, you all and the rest of the castle staff will not be looking for the princesses.” The staff was about to protest but Twilight raised her hand and they fell silent. “There must be some hint of what happened, you and the rest of the castle staff are to look for anything that points to a reason for what happened and you are to report all findings to the majordomo.” The staff bowed and left to follow the orders. Twilight then turned to Fancypants, “Roy, do what you can to keep the civilians calm, get as many members of the ministry as you need. But be tactful about everything.” Fancypants nodded and left to carry out the command.

Spike could not help but smirk seeing how well Twilight had managed all the things thus far, “Well Sparkle, you actually got a knack for being a princess after all. Looks like Sunset was right when she said you were a better choice than her.” This complement caused Twilight to blush a little.

Just as Spike finished a slightly panicked and strained tenor voice echoed in the castle, “Out of my way, I must relay my message to Princess Twilight!” Less than a second later a set of doors were thrown open by a blue-haired Skyborn guard with a blue heater shield with a yellow lightning bolt depicted on his breastplate over his heart. He then flew towards Twilight and Spike, calling out “Your Highness!” before he landed on the floor, genuflecting to Twilight, with his right knee on the ground, “I come from Magiville with ill tidings!” He took a deep breath before looking up to Twilight, his eyes narrowed in fear. “Strange black plants seemed to have infested the Everfree Forest and now those plants are spreading into Magiville. Not only that these plants appear sentient and sapient. For lack of a better, they are invading!” Twilight gasped at that news.


In Magiville about that time, well to be more accurate at Fluttershy’s cottage just near the Everfree, thick black thorny vines started to reach out and grow towards it. Inside the cottage, all the animals were panicking and chattering in fright as they ran, flew, hopped and slithered around the interior. Fluttershy walked out of her bedroom still in her bed robes. As blue jay narrowly missed her, “Excuse me... “ she called, and while more and more animals seemed to be losing their minds as they pass around her, “Oh, pardon me…”. Seeing no more point in trying to walk, Fluttershy used her ethereal wings to hover as she tried to comfort the animals in her home, “Are you alright?” she asked, after seeing hearing little more than various call of panic, “My goodness, what is caused you to panic so?” As to answer the question, Harry the brown grunted as he pointed to the door. Fluttershy was not frightened by the bear’s scared tone. “Whatever it is, I'm sure it's nothing you need to worry about.” She then hovered to the door with her eyes closed and opened them and the door to see the infestation of the black vines. Screaming, she slammed the door shut, “I was wrong. You should be worried! Very, very worried! I got to get the girls! Angel is in charge while I am gone, Harry, please keep account of everything! I’ll be back as soon as I can!” Flutters rushed back to her room and changed into her usual yellow and green dress and flew out the door heading to town as fast as she could. “Hopefully the Elements of Harmony can help solve this.”


At the same time in Sweet Apple Temple, the same black vines were investing the temple ground. Everyone, from Granny Smith, Apple Bloom, Big Mac, Applejack of the Apple family to the Golden Harvest, Romo, Caramel and the others that worked on the farms within the temple grounds were fighting off the black vines, with axes, fire, picks, anything and everything they had to fight off the black vines. However, for every inch of headway they made, it was as if they were forced back a mile. Desperate to keep everyone going, “Come on, Y'all! Put your backs into it!” Applejack ordered basically taking command of everything. Yet, as it was clear that the fight against the vines was going away and starting to take it’s toll on the others as they all grunted and strained, some even painting. As she saw all this, “Dagnabbit,” the paladin cursed as she threw down her stetson. “Where the heck are these things comin' from?” Applejack then looked up to see strange clouds floating into Magivillie and the split of the sky between Night and Day. “And what in tarnation is goin' on with the sky?!” Applejack was about to curse but saw Fluttershy in the distance heading towards Magiville proper. The paladin Applejack turned back to her family et al, “Ah’m going to gather the girls, maybe the Elements can help!” And with that, she was off to gather the rest of her friends en route to the Golden Oak.


In the airspace of Magivillie proper, Rainbow Dash and a fair number of the town’s residential Skyborn as they seemed to line up to battle the clouds. The clouds looked like exaggerated stylized storm clouds. Rainbow Dash flew up in front of the others as she pointed at them with her right hand before she drew her bow from her quiver with her left hand, “Oh, no, you don't! This is Magiville territory, and we aren't due for rain until after the celebration.” She brought her bow to the level and prepared to fire an arrow she manifested. “You Everfree clouds need to just head on back to where you belong!” The cloud closest started to fire lightning at her. “Whoa!” she cried before yelping as she was zapped. She swiftly recovered and readied another arrow, “Gonna make me do this the hard way, huh?”. However, her challenge was only met by even more bolts striking her causing her to yelp and fall back. While rubbing the areas the lighting stroke her she saw Fluttershy and Applejack heading into Magivillie from the cottage and Sweet Apple Temple respectfully. “Hey Thunderlane, key an eye on things, I am gonna meet up with AJ and the others, it looks like we need the Elements of Harmony, hold them off as best you can!” Rainbow ordered as she flew towards the Golden Oak.


At that moment inside Carousel Boutique, Rarity was humming to herself as she was placing her post-Summer Sun Celebration line with a tea set and other things for breakfast between her and Sweetie Belle. She seemed oblivious to what was happening outside until she looked out one of the windows, “Hmm. Something strange about the sky.” At that moment the tea started to trickle out of the pot upwards and went at her with a splash. “What for my calming chamomile is going on?!” Rarity exclaimed as a black thorny vine broke through one of the windows almost hitting her. To avoid the vine, Rarity stepped backward until she noticed her focus gem was glowing and she heard Opalescence yowl. Turning to the sound Rarity saw that Opalescence was in a small field of sapphire colored magic. “Opalescence, darling, I'm so sorry! I promise I am not doing this on purpose!” Opal only hissed as the bubble of magic burst and landed on her feet. “It wasn't me, I swear!” Rarity pleaded, only getting growls from Opalescence in response. Just then Rarity noticed that the teapot, teacups, and saucers were chattering and moving surround by a lime-green aura that matched Sweetie Belle’s eyes. Getting annoyed with all this, “Ooh, Sweetie Belle! If this is some sort of prank you and your friends are pulling, I find very little humor in it!” Rarity shouted as she headed towards the stairs to her and Sweetie Belle’s rooms.

Rarity, however, didn’t get very far as Sweetie Belle was screaming in squeaks “Rarity, help me!” as she came down the stairs while being levitated upside down in a magic bubble the same shade as green as Sweetie Belle’s eyes. “I think something's wrong with my focus gem!” There was a thud as Sweetie Belle fell to the floor as she tried to regain control all the while she grunted, yelled, and screamed very much in fright.

Seeing her sister’s plight, Rarity gasped as she pushed her fainting couch to where she thought Sweetie would land. However, Sweetie still hovered for a short while. Rarity paused for a second and had an idea, “I am going to get my friends, maybe with the Elements of Harmony we can solve this!”

“HURRY!” Sweetie Belle screamed as she landed on Rarity’s fainting couch as Rarity left the shop heading to the Golden Oak, meeting up with Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy en route.


Back in Chantalot, Spike and Twilight were running to the emergency teleportation circle in the castle. “Where are we going?!” the dragon asked confused a little that they were heading deeper to the castle as opposed to trying to leaving the castle and the city.

Twilight answered without missing a beat, surprised that she was actually faring a lot better than she ever expected, as if she had a constitution greater than any Earthborn, “Back to Magivillie, the fastest way I know.”

“Huh?”

“With these black vines invading from the Everfree or whatever is going on, I know I need our friends and the Elements of Harmony to stop it!” Once there, “And with the train taking hours to get there and my lack of familiarity with these,” she said as she flapped her wings, “this is the most logical way there.” As Twilight started up the teleportation circle it petered out before it was fully activated. “Oh come on!” Twilight then kicked the stone floor the circle was engraved into. The teleportation circle then booted up and the two were gone in a flash.


Pinkie Pie was already in the Golden Oak, she looking for a book, “Here it is, oh Pound and Pumpkin are going to love these stories.” Pinkie said as she got off the ladder next to one of the bookcases. The door then flung open with Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Fluttershy entering.

“Something very strange is going on, and-” Rarity spoke first and then gasped as a vine shot past the four into the library. “an explanation would be nice!”

“Hey, the only things I know are that the sky's split between day and night, and those clouds aren’t natural even though they are coming from the Everfree!” Rainbow informed.

“And the true is same for t’em vine! Nothin’ we at Sweet Apple Temple can do has any effect on them. We can’t get rid of 'em! Don't suppose you know any magic that might stop 'em from spreadin'?”

Rarity shook her head, “Alas, this whole raging forest break in the sky situation seems to have left my magic on the fritz!” Rarity said as she tried to cast a simple enchantment only to see it fail.

“We have to figure out something!” Fluttershy spoke out with an almost uncharacteristic degree of fortitude. “I don't know how much more of this Magiville can take!” Just then another vine shot into the Golden Oak causing Fluttershy to yelp in fright, “I don't know how much more I can take!”

Just then Twilight and Spike teleported right in front of the library. The others then turned and embraced their recently arrived friends. Rarity was the first to speak as the group broke their hug, “Oh, thank goodness you both arrived!”

“Yeah, but I dunno if you've noticed, the Everfree Forest is just a teeny-tiny bit out of control.” Pinkie Pie said as she pointed out all the black thorny vines, the strange clouds and the split in the sky. This caused everyone but Twilight and Spike to groan, not so much out of thinking Pinkie was being stupid, more so out of annoyance of the whole situation.

Applejack was the first to bounce back from the group groan, “Guess we were wrong. You were missin' something. Ya got any thoughts on what’s causin’ all this? Maybe Princess Celestia thought ya somethin’?”

Twilight shook her head and gave a sigh, “You see, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are both missing.” Twilight answered. Everyone else sans Spike gasped in terror over what they were just told. Twilight, however, held her head up, she had come a long way from being the reclusive person she was. She had a plan. “I don't know who has taken them, but I've got a hunch we're going to need the Elements of Harmony to get them back.” Twilight then opened the case with the other Elements of Harmony and levitated them to their respected bearers.

As the Elements of Generosity and Honesty clasped around Rarity’s and Applejack’s necks, “Well as the old adage goes, “Great minds think alike. “ Rarity commented as she and Applejack also smiled.

As the Elements of Loyalty and Kindness clasped around Rainbow’s and Fluttershy’s necks, “Oh, yeah!” Rainbow cheered as she thrust her right arm her hand in a fist into the air and bent it back. Fluttershy was much more tame with a kind smile. And as the Element of Laughter clasped around Pinkie’s neck she gave ‘A-boo-yah!’ in cheer. “So who do we blast this time around?” Rainbow asked as they all turned to face Twilight.

Twilight started muttering to herself as they all step outside of the Golden Oak and looked at the situation, “hmm. Half day, half night... strange weather patterns... out of control plants.” As she came to a conclusion she turned to her friends. “I got a pretty good idea of who we're up against.” She then closed her eyes followed by the others. They all then opened their eyes, each was nothing but a field of white as a rainbow formed around them and they all spoke as one in their seventh voice. “DISCORD, YOU ARE SUMMONED HERE!

In a flash of white light, a bathtub a showerhead and drawn curtain appeared right in front of the six as their eyes returned to normal. The curtain exposed the silhouette of being’s who’s torso was human with a human neck and head, a lion leg’s for one arm, an eagle's talon for another, it had a goat leg and a lizard leg, a horn like a goat and one like an oxen, with a bird-like wing and a batwing, the figure was singing in the shower, “Winter Wrap Up, Winter Wrap Up
Let’s finish our holiday cheer
Winter wrap up, winter wrap up
‘Cause tomorrow spring is he..ooh!” it realized as that it was not alone cutting the song short and wrapping his lower body with a towel. “Now, Twilight, you know Princess Celestia said that you ladies were to give me a heads up before you summon me with those,” he said as it touched the Element of Magic with its lion’s paw. “In case you haven't noticed, I was in the middle of a particularly invigorating shower,” the being continued as he rubbed himself dry almost mockingly.

Twilight rolled her eyes in annoyance at the antics of the summoned being, “Discord we don’t have time for this. Return Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, make the sky normal, set the weather patterns right and stop these black vines from the Everfree from their invasion!” Twilight order the embodiment of chaos, having had enough of not only the nonsense of what was going on but refusing to suffer the antics of the Erisadies.

The recently identified Discord snapped his talon and vanished in a white flash. He then returned to reality he was in his more human form; his skin was a dullish brown-gray, his horns white hair shaped as the horns, his talon was a normal human hand with longer nails than most men, giving a talon-like appearance, compounded by the fact that his shirt’s sleeve ended above the elbow. His paw was replaced by a hand and arm in a yellow gauntlet that went all the way to his shoulder. His blue bird-like wing became a pauldron over his left shoulder, as did the bat-like wing for his right shoulder. His goat-leg became human and looked normal as his reptile-leg matched but was armored like the gauntlet on his right arm but was green in color. He wore light brown pants, a waistcoat that’s exterior was a more reddish brown than his pants with a long tail which seemed to be redder to replace his dragon tail and a high collar with gold lining it and where the coat connected in the front. As he vanished he asked “Why,” and chuckled as he reappeared before he finished, “whatever are you talking about?”

All but Fluttershy groaned and rolled their eyes, Applejack then spoke up, “Please, don't you play dumb with us, yah hear Discord!” Applejack then stepped forward as she drew her blade. “Wah know you're the one behind all of this! Now, are you gonna tah help or am Ah gonna have to smite some chaos.” As the paladin continued to speak her sword glowed a bright red delicious red and the light seemed to be pulsating.

Discord gave a small almost missable ‘mep’ as he raised his hands and took a couple steps back almost tripping on a root of the Golden Oak. Once out of the paladin’s range, “Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love what you've done with the place, but I couldn't possibly take responsibility. “ Discord remarked as he raised his left hand and placed his right hand over his heart while closing his eyes, “I'm reformed, don't you remember?”

Applejack sheathed her sword walked to Rainbow Dash and the two tagged teamed with the elementalist brew to her bow, “Yeah, right!” She threw open her arms more or less pointing to everything that was going on in Magiville and Mystica at large, “All this has your cloven hoofprints all over it!”

Discord almost scowled as he snapped conjuring an image of himself in his previous form with a red circle around his left leg. “I'll have you know that in my previous form I had only one cloven hoof.” He then vanished the image and conjured a fainting couch as he leaned back into it as if he was physically injured by the doubt the young women and the dragon showed him, “Such accusations. And here I thought we were friends.” All but Fluttershy glared and showed no signs of believing Chaos’ avatar. Fluttershy, however, just dipped her head unsure what to do and where to stand. Discord looked to see that they were clearly not believing his profession of innocence. He got back to his feet and vanished the summoned fainting couch, “Ladies, ladies, I'm innocent. Would I lie to you?”

Everyone looked at each other, all of them had narrow eyes and small frowns as none believed him before Applejack spoke, “Do ya really want to know what wah think?” asking this time trying to be a little more diplomatic this time around.

Discord looked at the lot and saw that he was getting nowhere with each of his attempts, “Well then, it seems we've reached an impasse. I'm telling the truth, but you think I'm lying.” He then started to smile as he took a good long at Twilight, finally noticing the metallic wings, the slight increase in height, he knew what to do, “So what do we do in this a situation, especially since we are friends, after all, Princess Twilight?” he asked as he leaned on Twilight like she was a wall, seeming to throw her title into her face. “Oh and congrats. You totally deserved the promotion.” He continued to mock Twilight. As he stroked her head like she was a cat, causing her focus gem to spring back after each stroke.

At Rainbow’s fingertips started to glow as she manifested an arrow and aimed her bow right at Discord’s chest and her Element starting to glow a pulsating crimson red, “Let’s blast him back to stone!” Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie agreed with various ‘yeah’, ‘ahah’, etc. as Applejack drew her sword and started to glow red as her Element started to grow a deep orange and pulsated, Rarity levitated a wide a wary of small gems as they glowed blue as her Element matched Rainbow Dash’s and Applejack’s. Pinkie pulled one off her mallets out of her hairs and it glowed yellow and her Element behaved much like the other three. The four were ready to fight Discord. This was not lost on Discord as he started to back away from Twilight.

Fluttershy too noticed this and stepped to be in front of her friends as if to shield Discord, her staff’s head glowing pink and Element behaving much like the other’s, “Hey! We can't do that! What if he really is telling the truth?”

Discord actually gave a sigh of relieve as he hugged Fluttershy, “Well, finally! somebody is willing to give me the benefit of the doubt.” He then turned his attention to the four ready to fight him and Twilight, “The rest of you could learn a lot about friendship from my dear friend Shutterfly here.” He finished as he held Fluttershy aloft like she was a trophy or a sign.

“Um, it's Fluttershy.”

Discord rather apathetically and dismissively let go Fluttershy, “Oh, right, whatever.” Fluttershy floated away on her wings not sure what or how to process all that, ‘was Discord messing around or did he forget her name?’

Everyone else gave an exhausted groan at all that had to happen as each put their weapons away as Twilight spoke up after pinching the bridge of her nose, “If you're not responsible, then help us identify who?”

Discord took out a set of knitting needles and started to knit with the black vines, “I could, but with the finger pointing and besmirching of my good name, I just don't know if I should.” He commented as he knitted always absentmindedly. Everyone else gave a groan before they all noticed that he had knitted the vines into forming a big arrow pointing to his left, their right. “Why not ask your forest dwelling friend? She might know something?”

They followed the arrow to see a darker skinned woman running into town. The darker skinned woman had white stripes tattooed on her arms and legs, on her face were white finger-like tattoos on her checks. Her hair was in a mohawk. She wore large golden earrings, golden rings around her neck and left leg, she also had a necklace made of red ribbon made with four golden disks with spiral suns engraved on them. She also wore a loose simple blue dress that covered her chest and hip and lower, leaving her back and waist exposed. Also around her waist was a belt of zebra hide, in addition, she had three fairly large of her masks, one red, one green and one blue, circling her with what seemed to be yellow lights. “Zecora!” the six cried as they walked up to her and greeted her with an embrace.

Following the warm welcome, “From my home, I have had to flee! The forest has grown too wild, even for me!” the recently identified Zecora answered.

“Any idea what is and why all this is happenin', Sugarcube?” the paladin asked as she was the last to greet her friend.

“Not a single clue, how about asking the walking zoo,” Zecora said as she pointed to Discord.

“But he just said we should ask you.” Rarity commented as they all looked from the shaman to the Erisadies and back.

“The Avatar of Chaos most certainly knows, even when he puts up only shows,” Zecora replied not buying that Discord knew nothing about what was going on a scowl on her face.

Being the most diplomatic of the lot concerning Discord, “Alright Discord, will you please, tell us what is going on.” Fluttershy asked as she took hold of Discord’s exposed hand.

Discord gave a tired sigh, “Honestly I don’t know, but maybe the Elements might and I know just how to get them to show.” He then placed his right index finger on the Element of Magic and Twilight’s eyes flashed white.

In an instant Twilight regained some sense of composure but she had no idea what Discord did. She did, however, noticed that she wasn’t in Magiville anymore. “Where… am I?” Twilight asked as she looked around she was in a throne room and she saw Princess Celestia looking out an opened window as the sun was rising as well as the moon as if the latter was en route to intersect with the former, “Princess Celestia I don't understand. Where are we? Why did you and Luna disappear?”

“What's the meaning of this, Luna? A solar eclipse was not scheduled for today!” Celestia said as she and Twilight turned to see not Luna, but Nightmare Moon. “Who are you? What have you done to my sister!”Celestia asked as Nightmare Moon prepared to attack.

“Princess Luna how? Why?” Twilight asked in utter confusion over what she witnessed and confused that Celestia didn’t know who Nightmare Moon was.

“We are your sister. Her true form. Free of your shackles.” Nightmare Moon replied as she lowered her blade.

“Luna, what is going on?” Celestia and Twilight questioned Nightmare Moon. “Think about what you are doing!” Twilight tried to plea but was ignored.

“We are taking Sombra’s and Discord’s advice. There can be only one. We are here to take our due. We offer you this one chance to submit to us and keep your life.” Nightmare Moon answered looking past Twilight to Celestia. “Kneel!” She ordered.

"Luna, what are you...” Celestia started but was blasted by Nightmare Moon, Celestia barely dodged it as Twilight ducked to the floor.

“We will take our dues by force then,” Nightmare Moon then charged at Twilight and Celestia and everything went black.