• Published 7th Feb 2017
  • 1,270 Views, 19 Comments

Mirage Shimmer - RedPegasus



After defeating her own darkness, and a group of singers manipulating minds, Sunset must face her biggest challenge. Show the friendship, to an unexpected person.

  • ...
4
 19
 1,270

Shadows in Crystals

"So ... Are we really going to do this?"

The athlete's question makes all her friends remain silent. Sunset looks down with a little shame.

It's Monday, and on a break from class, the six gathered in their practice room to think about the recent event.

"... I can't deny... I already made the deal with Sombra..."

Says the former equine if ntreverse to look up.

"And we accepted to help Sunset"

The farmer ends, with some resignation.

"... it was not my intention to put them into this girls ..."

"You didn't" the athlete replies. "We accept to help you. Who knows what that guy is up to."

Despite being fearful and worried about the situation, the six friends remain together.

***Mirage***

They are not the only ones concerned about the matter ...

In her office, the school principal is not able to focus on her work.

She looks up as her door opens, and sees her sister enter, carrying a briefcase in her hand.

"Can I know why this was in the dumpster?"

Asks the younger sister with some complaint.

"I do not think you need to ask, you must know perfectly."

The oldest responds.

"If you did not want the money, why did you accept the Sombra's deal?"

"Because I will not allow Sombra to hurt my students.Just accept to be able to keep them watched and make sure that man does not try anything strange"

"And what exactly do you expect to do?"

The older one seems to want to respond, but can not, does not know how.

"I want to protect these girls as much as you, but admit it, Celestia, we have no idea what's going on or why, there's nothing we can do."

"We do not need to understand it, we just have to avoid being put in danger."

"Who says they're in danger? They've faced a furious demon and a trio of singers controls brains, I think they can deal with anything."

"Luna, what do not you understand?

"Not Celestia, I do not understand, nor you either."

The young one approaches and stands in front of her sister.

"This is not like what we live in our youth, you know we have no control over this."

Celestia remains silent, her eyes lowered, not knowing what to say.

Luna sighs. "When you decided to become a school principal, I warned you, there would be things you could not help the young people with, this is not one of them, it's even worse."

"... I know, I know, but ... what am I supposed to do? I sit and let others do the work? That's ridiculous!"

"And what do you intend to do? Lock them in your room? You're not their mother."

Again the director does not have an answer... Luna signs again.

"Anyway, if you don't want this, it will not bother you to use it, the school could use a couple of arrangements, maybe we could even build a small auditorium, you know, not to always use the gym or have to rent one in the middle."

Without waiting for an answer or complaint from her sister, the vice principal leaves the room, leaving the principal alone.

Celestia drops her forehead on her desk, and lets out a frustrated groan.

***Mirage***

The school period passes and ends normally, the Rainbooms leave the school, their attention is captured by a girl standing in the front of the school, what stands out from it is that you wear the uniform of Crystal High.

The girl stands still without noticing the look that some students give her as she passes by her, instead focusing all her attention on the group of friends.

Sunset recognizes her, the girl she saw in the park, and in the Crystal High hallway.

The girl maintains her position and never looks away from the group, the 6 friends after looking at each other decide to advance until reaching it.

"Hey, um, you're a Crystal High student I guess." Rainbow initiates the conversation.

"I think my uniform makes that clear."

The sharp tone of the girl causes a faint silence.

Applejack is the next to speak. "Um, well, can we help you with something?"

Sugar Coat fits the glasses before answering. "I don't know. Sunset Shimmer."

"Ah, ah ... yes?"

"My name is Sugar Coat, the director Sombra asked me to take care of investigating you and your strange energy anomaly. "

"Um, what ... what did he say to you?"

"Very little really, my biggest source of information are records delivered by the director where several events are reported, but that's not important for you, you should know, that I've prepared everything I need for the investigation and I've come to fix With you a convenient schedule to do the work, I hope you appreciate the one that I presented personally considering that you sacrificed several classes today. "

"... um ... thanks?"

"So to those who are interested, dictate the schedule that suits you and I will agree to arrange my own agenda to match your own so we can start."

"Am ... well ... the truth ... I do not know ..."

"My time is valuable, and I've used it a lot to come here, so just dictate the most favorable time for you."

"is that-..."

"Tomorrow, in morning."

All eyes turn towards the origin of the voice, the main vice Moon is coming.

"Vice Principal..."

"They Six will go to high school tomorrow, and the rest of the week."

"Hey, when did you decide that?" Rainbow asked half intrigued.

"two minutes ago."

"But what about school?"

"I take care of that subject, what matters to you is to end this matter of magic."

"Magic?" Sugar Coat asked. "What do you mean by magic?"

"Am, well, the magic, the equimia, the energy you say." Sunset responds with some doubt.

"Magic? Equimia? Odd ways to call it, anyway, starting tomorrow and for the rest of this week, the six will be presented at Crystal High to complete the investigation, eh understood perfectly? She asks herself by telling the older woman.

"So is"

"Very well, I will proceed to arrange my personal agenda, I expect then, at six, at the entrance of Crystal High, tomorrow at 9 o'clock, I value punctuality so do not be late, until then."

Without losing a second after finishing the talk, the glass student turns around and crosses the sidewalk in front where she proceeds to take the bus to the city.

The six friends are a little surprised and a little worried.

Rarity if she directs the woman. "Am, vice principal, are you sure about this?"

"You already agreed to do this, didn't you?"

Fluttershy asks shyly. "And ... Principal Celestia?"

Luna sighs "... Celestia is too affected, feels bad about not being able to help, it's better for her not to know about this, for now."

"Well ... and, what do we do now?" Applejack asks.

"As it is said, this week you focus on Sombra and his students, I take care of your school affairs."

The senior vice does not expect any response or objection and only turns around returning to school, the six friends look at each other with concern.

*** Mirage ***

Sugar Coat stands in front of the high school, his face expressionless and his pose impassible, with closed eyes feel the passage of time.

In a moment he moves his arm to take out a very old-looking chain watch from his pocket, places the watch in front of his face and watches the needles move at a normal pace, finally pointing to 9 o'clock.

Without lowering the clock and now watches the students of Canterlot a few feet from her, she keeps her watch and returns to her usual pose.

"I value, punctuality, thank you" she accommodates her glasses "for respecting it."

***Mirage***

The door opens, the glass student enters the room followed by the six friends, they enter a large room occupied mostly by elongated tables of considerable height, on these, flasks of precipitates with colorful liquids, on one side a pair of Sinks and various cleaning products, the highlight of the big machines placed against the walls.

The attention of the six friends soon moves away from the room to focus on a group of girls on the other side of the room, all dressed in high school uniform, their spontaneous guide stands in front of them and clear their throat.

"The ladies present here are the group that gathered to carry out this investigation, let me make presentations, from left to right, Lemon Zest."

They all watch the girl with long green and yellow hair sitting on the left side, who with her eyes closed and earbuds in her ears moves her head in spirit without noticing what happens, the girl next to him touches the shoulder and It is then when she realizes the presence of the students of Canterlot so that the hearing aids are removed.

"She is an expert in radio signals, microwaves, thermal fields, electromagnetic, everything that can not be seen with the eyes but can be given a value or measurement, she can identify, trace, analyze and even recreate."

Lemon Zest makes a gesture of greeting and a wink accompanied by a smile addressed to the newcomers.

"Sunny Flare."

Next to Lemon Zest, the girl with short violet and pink hair, adorned with a brooch in the form of orange and yellow flower gives a soft and somewhat arrogant smile to the six friends.

"Her specialties are mathematics, physics and chemistry, he has a quick and agile mind, he can mentally calculate equations at large scales and he has a long-term memory capable of recording any fact with a 97.9% accuracy."

Without removing his smile Sunny Flare will straighten his hair and maintain his elegant and presumptuous look.

"Indigo Zap."

To the right of Sunny Blaze, the blue-green haired girl adorned with a pair of gogles crosses her arms and smiles in a confident and defiant manner.

"Specializes in biology, biochemistry, biophysics, medicine, anatomy, botany, and all fields referred to living beings, their growth and development."

Indigo Zap drops into the chair behind her and closes her eyes without removing her smile.

"Last, but not least, Sour Sweet."

On the far right, the purplish haired girl tied in a long ponytail does not pay attention to the others and instead focuses on one of the machines in the place.

"A genius who specializes in mechanics and computer science, dominates any digital system and any electrical component, his hands are as skillful and nimble as his mind."

Sour Sweet finally looks away from the machine and looks at the Rainbooms with a frown.

"I assume you already know me, I am Sugar Coat, my fields include science, history, geology, algebra, quantum physics, among others, I will be in charge of this research, I will advance to some of your questions and I will tell you, Are absolutely safe and do not in any way generate any physical and / or mental risk, so they have nothing to fear. "

The six friends look at each other for a moment, in that Sunset notes a certain fact.

"Am, and Twilight?"

"Twilight Sparkle, what's up with her?"

"Well, should not I be here for the investigation?"

Indigo Zap lets out a laugh. "Hah, that stupid one, why would we have her on our team?"

"Well, she was the first to investigate our magic."

Sunny Flare smiles with mockery. "If, and we know how it all turned out, to destroy your own house, it surpassed itself."

"With some luck, the accident will fix that faulty brain." Sour Sweet comments

Rainbow is coming "hey! It's from my friend they're talking about!"

"Oh, I'm so sorry. ~" She says in a soft, sweet voice. "Do you think I care?!" She exclaims in a sour voice, full of annoyance.

The change of attitude backs the athlete and also her friends.

"What strikes me is that the director decided to cover it" says Indigo Zap "he took too much trouble for that."

Sunny Flare gives a snort. "You already know the principal, you have to protect your best student or the school could lose prestige."

Sour Sweet smiles cheerfully. "Because she's so smart ~ and yet he just does nonsense." Ends with bitterness.

"Enough of you three," Sugar Coat orders. "It's not for us to question the decisions of the director" turning to the Rainbooms "answering your question, Twilight Sparkle is not included in this investigation, the importance of this is too great to risk."

"To risk, to risk what?"

"Well, that's good talk!" Exclaims impatiently Indigo "I did not suspend my studies for this, let's go to the ones we care about, you six!" Point to the Rainbooms "get ready to sweat!" Smiles almost with malice.

***Mirage***

The six friends now wear a black and yellow female sports outfit, consisting of a sleeveless vest that covers her chest exposing her stomach and a somewhat tight, shorts that reaches halfway up her thighs.

Applejack asks everyone's question. "What are these clothes for?"

Indigo Zap responds. "We'll start with a physical exam, check your physical abilities to get a basic idea."

Fluttershy very flushed by shame tries to cover herself "ouh, and ... we have to use this ...?"

"Ugh ... the design and the colors, are so nefarious." Complains Rarity.

"They are special suits, they have micro sensors that will measure your heart and lungs, now, I want all you to trot in your place!" Orders Indigo

Rainbow frowns at her. "Do you really believe-"

The phrase of the athlete is cut by the sound of the whistle of Indigo, which takes everyone by surprise and causes them to begin to trot in their places.

During a time that no one could calculate Indigo kept them exercising, had them do crunches, push ups, stretches, and other exercises.

Rainbow and Applejack kept up the pace, Sunset and Pinkie had some problems, Rarity and Fluttershy were almost unable to sustain themselves during the process.

The screen of one of the computers of the place was filled with data and registries which were seen closely by the rest of the students of Cristal.

After what seemed hours, Indigo blowing her whistle "rest, it's all for now."

As if that statement activated a mechanism, 4 of the six girls lay on the floor as they let out expressions of fatigue and a little pain.

Indigo approaches his colleagues "well, what do we have?"

With his headphones on and her head moving to the rhythm of the music Lemon Zest turns a little and from a printer he pulls out a sheet of paper which he hands over to Indigo.

"Perfect, I finished for now, what's next?"

She does not respond to her question, but Sugar Coat touches Lemon's shoulder, she opens her eyes and looks, Sugar Coat points the Canterlot girls with her finger and immediately Lemon leaps from the chair and walks towards them.

"Very well! Who is ready for the party?"

"party?!" Leaving her tired, Pinkie jumped up "I, I am! I love the partys!"

"great!"

She take a couple of cylinders with cables attached to a machine and deliver them.

"Hold this."

Pinkie takes them and looks at them smiling "uuuuuh, what are they?"

Lemon does not respond but presses a couple of buttons on the machine and through the cylinders sends an electric shock to Pinkie's body which makes her shake and bristles her hair.

Her friends are frightened to see her.

"Pinkie!"

After pressing a button the machine stops and Pinkie is somewhat dazed, shakes her head and begins to laugh.

"Ha ha ha ha! Again!"

The machine is activated again and the body of the skin reacts in the same way.

"What are you doing to her?!"

"Relax, dude, there is no danger."

The download comes to an end and Pinkie continues to laugh.

"Again Again!"

Lemon Zest re-enable the download.

"A tiny shock of electricity, it serves to activate the neurons, to stimulate the nerves, and to enliven the senses, I want to see if it has effect on this magical thing that they have."

This time at the end of the download Pinkie looked rather dizzy and her voice is heard a little slower although her smile is still present.

"Wue je je again."

Sunset speaks in a fearful tone. "I'm not sure that will help anything ..."

"That's what the tests are for!"

With another click activates the machine and Pinkie again feels the download, Lemon Zest focuses on the machine screen and places her headphones.

Rainbow brings her group together and whispers to them. "It's not too late to get rid of this, just let's go and forget about it."

"We can't" spoke Sunset. "I already accepted the deal with Sombra."

"And we agreed to help Sunset on this matter." Second Rarity.

"They treat us like lab rats!"

Applejack hesitates a moment. "If the Dazzlings are really up to something, it may be the best way to confront and stop them."

Fluttershy also doubts. "Um ... do you really believe ... what are you planning something?"

Sunset responds. "Maybe, maybe not, but anyway, we should know how magic works, and it should be as soon as possible."

Lemon continues to watch the screen while Pinkie lies on the floor laughing slowly.

"Well, who's next?"

None volunteers...

*** Mirage ***

After being connected to a screen with cables, to scan them with a pair of apparatuses of curious aspect, to be measured in height and weight, tests of physical force, reaction speed, and even tests of mathematics ... the five students of Cristal began to discuss among themselves comparing results and verifying the data on computers, a local printer ejects a paper which is taken by Sunny Flare.

The six friends wait attentively, and somewhat impatient for whatever the girls of crystal were to say.

Finally, Sugar Coat comes and talks.

"The data don't lie, you six are, normal."

... silence ... ... ... a lot ... ... ...

"What does that mean?"

"It means that you are normal, you are students of common secondary schools, you don't possess qualities beyond the usual and you don't stand out in any aspect".

"Hey how do I not stand out?!" Annoying Rainbow intervenes.

"Did we do all these weird tests just to tell us that?!" Applejack question also annoying.

"We needed to check, if this energy of yours has any effect on you."

"If you really want to know, when we use magic we become ponies."

"Yes! and we get very beautiful ears and tails!" Second pinkie animated.

Indigo raises an eyebrow. "Ponies? What nonsense."

"We were already aware of that fact." Sugar Coat is involved.

"So what was all this for?"

"When they use that energy of theirs, their bodies undergo a radical change, however, according to the evidence we have seen here, they now have no trace of anything different, basically these temporary changes are completely nullified when energy ceases to have effect. "

"And what does all this mean?" "

"That you have no power."

The statement perplexes at six.

"The theory says that energy resides within you, but the truth is that there is nothing to show it, there are no physical or mental alterations, there is no trace of that energy, and there is nothing that shows or signals that you Be able to use it, wherever you look at it, you are just six normal girls that no one would believe can do what they say. "

Rarity looks confused. "And ... what do you mean by that?"

"If I had to make a conclusion on the basis of these data, I can only say that the energy they use does not come from you, their source, is at another point, of course, the data is too superficial to make any conclusion."

"Wow wow magic is ours, it's us who can use it."

"Anyway, after completing the basic tests, we will continue with the ones that remain, I cordially ask you to use your "magic" to study it."

The silence arises while the six friends are looking a little nervous, the glass students watch them undeterred, for a while.

"Well, will they accede to my request?"

Sunset speaks for the group. "Um, yeah, the thing is, we need to play music to transform ourselves."

"And, we did not bring our instruments." Ends Rarity.

"To play, music? Why is that?"

"Um, well, we don't know."

"Our magic is only activated when we play." Explains Applejack in short.

Sunny Flare proposes. "We can get instruments from the music room, the director said we had free access to any means necessary."

"Do they have electric guitars?"

"Uh, and a battery ?!"

"... no, what kind of music do you play?"

"The best, we rocking!"

Lemon Zest is encouraged by that "that sounds radical dude."

"We do not have such instruments in school." Clarifies Sunny.

"I'm sorry, we can not use magic without touching." The farmer mentions.

Sugar Coat is silent for a moment.

"If we can't analyze their energy, then we have nothing else to do here, we will resume research tomorrow at the same time, I will ask them to bring their instruments, until then."

Without saying more, the five high school students begin to sort and store all the items that were used.

The girls of Canterlot to be ignored opt to just retire without drawing attention.

Either way, in the hallway of the school each one expels a sigh that no one knew were containing.

Rainbow is the one who breaks the silence. "Well, that was annoying, a lot."

***Mirage***

The director takes his glass of wine and takes a little sip, his attention is placed on the documents on his desk, so he doesn't bother to turn when the door of his office opens allowing the light to enter.

"Cadenza I told you I would not receive anyone."

"Not even an old mate?"

The voice reacts to the director and immediately raises his face to see in the door four silhouettes that can not be distinguished by the light behind them.

"So busy are you not even answering my calls, I know we have distanced ourselves a lot, but I did not think you would act like this with me, Alphonse."

The tallest figure is approaching, already separated from the light in the background distinguishes its appearance, a woman of very dark skin, and a long blue semi-green hair, dressed in an elegant suit perfectly clean and as white as the snow, her Green eyes, attractive and deep, show indifference while looking at the director.

Behind her, three men of somewhat short stature stand, they skin is as dark as hers, and they white suits, they short hair neatly trimmed, they eyes hidden by dark glasses, and on they faces is not shown no emotion other than seriousness, so similar to each other that they almost seemed to be copies of the same being.

The director keeps his eyes on the woman, his eyes do not show any change but leaves his documents a little aside and crosses his arms on the desk.

"Chrysalis."

"Time without seeing you Alphonse, or, do you prefer that I call you director?"

"what are you doing here?"

" "A pleasure to see Chrysalis ", " How have you been Chrysalis? ", " Sorry for not calling you, I was busy being unfriendly. " "

"Stop fooling around."

"You were always a grump, if you want to know, I came to find out what you are up to now."

"I don't know what are you talking about."

"No? Will you tell me then that you did not ask for a complete documentation order for a teenager who did not exist in the government registry and put her in your name?"

The director gives the woman a venomous look full of annoyance.

"You thought I would not find out? Look Alphonse, save me time, and tell me what are you doing."

"What I do, is none of your business."

"As superintendent of the educational system, it is my duty to know what schools, and their directives, do with the students."

"Yes, I see that you paid much attention to Canterlot on that subject."

"Oh, so this has relation with Canterlot, interesting."

The director sharpens his gaze as if trying to attack the woman with her, this however is not affected.

"I have a tight schedule Alphonse, so tell me what you plan to do with that girl, Sunset Shimer."

"Maybe I'm just trying to give a future to someone who has nothing, you know, to do YOUR job."

"Please, your heart is as black as the night, you would never do anything for anyone else if it is not for some benefit of your own, look, in one way or another I will find out what you intend, so, tell me, or I will have to use measures More serious."

Silence covers both of them as they look at each other.

"You think, you are so powerful, you think that everything you do is right, that no one can do anything against you, you think you have control over everyone else, but you know, this is my school, and that girl, is now my responsability, I do not have to tell you anything, and you can not come to my school and talk to me that way, so big and powerful you believe, you do not know what I'm capable of, now, if you can leave me alone, I have work to do. "

The woman is silent, looking at the director with an expressionless face.

"Very well, it will be as you want then."

Turning around, she begins to walk, the men next to her follow her closely, standing in front of the door she stops and speaks again.

"You know, what's the difference between you and me?"

The director looks at the woman's back and her brow furrows, but he does not say a word.

"You have never been able to achieve your goals by your own means, instead you have always used the power of others as if it were yours, you say that I believe powerful, but you, you seem to believe someone invincible, when the truth, you are nothing but a shadow hiding behind the others, only oppresses and controls others to make you see stronger, you think you are a king, but you are only a child playing to follow the leader."

With that said leaves the room and her companions close the door, the director is watching the door of his office and squeeze the glass in his hand until it breaks.