• Published 7th Jan 2017
  • 604 Views, 3 Comments

To Find Home - Selena Quintanilla



A curly maned stallion is about to find a miracle when an unknown zebra collapses on the Ponyville train station.

  • ...
4
 3
 604

Family Comes From Many Places

Evening had set on Ponyville and the sky's scenary lay beautifully, so that all creatures could bask in a golden hue of sunshine.

An overview of Ponyville's market center was pretty moderate with street vendors, and the occasional customer looking to buy supplies. But, at the corner sides of the street there were many restaurants alike with different delicacies to buy from.

The most well know store, or so to say bakery was the SugarCube corner. Most notable were its owner's Mr. and Ms. Cake, who always welcomed their purchasers with a welcome smile.

Although, past the bakery, just a couple of yards away there was a Café run by a barista stallion & his husband.The café was called, " Amor del Sol." Its owner's are Sugar Swirl, a husky and tall, light brown stallion, with a dark chestnut mane that was short and neat. And his lovely, adoring partner Lemon Drop, he was relatively smaller than his husband and was leaner than most stallions, his coat was lime green, naturally, with brown hair that was extremely lengthy and wavy. He adorned his head with a bureau, to show his love for his birthplace, Istallion.

Today, they were expecting some old childhood friends to arrive, but quite frankly their arrived schedule as far overdue. Their friends Salient Crisp and Curly Note were supposed to be here at around 8:00, but it was already 11:55!!! Still there was no sign of the two, and the food that both Sugar Swirl and Lemon Drop had prepared was going stale.

" Where the buck are they!!!" Sugar Swirl exclaimes, clearly ticked off that his generosity was being tested. Beside him Lemon Drop tried to comfort him, trying desperately to ease his worries. " Don't worry dear, they probably hit some sort of bad timing, is all. They will be here, I trust both of them," Lemon Drop said in his thick Istallion accent. Even he was uncertain that they would arrive.

However, by some Celestial miracle the bell rang from the café door. Two ponies entered, one a saddistict black, mahogany haired rapper, who had the blankest expression. Along side her was a tall, slender stallion with a hazel nut coat and a ridiculous coffee afro, accompanied with his tail. Their presence was made known to the café owners when Salient bluntly announced, " Heya Guys!!"

Clearly her antics didn't amuse Sugar Swirl as he made his way around the sprawled out tables inside the café, looking beyond happy. " Heya, guys!!! HEYA , Salient did it occur to you that we were supposed to meet on schedule. It's past 7:00, and I definitely know it doesn't take that long to get here. What dare I ask took you two so long!?" Sugar Swirl asked in a matter-of-fact tone.

Curly Note fidgeted under Sugar Swirl's strong dissapointment. Although, Salient had his back, and like her given name implies, "Queen of Assholes," she exactly did so.

" Well listen Sugar bitch, me and my ol' pal Curly here had the misfortune of being delayed today. In fact, Curly saved a zebra's life. Ooh, yeah hoe, he saved him single-hooved and rescued his striped ass!!!" Salient replied brutefully, Curly blushing at her last statement.

"And if you think you're gonna dog us out on that, then bitch you thought wrong. He is a hero and doesn't deserve your petty insults!!!"

Everyone in the café was taken back by Salient Crisp's rude, but honest words, and there was no other way to express it. A few heads had turned to view this awkward public display, mostly just an elderly couple enjoying their coffee, but shocked at the younger mare's language.

Sugar Swirl's fell agape and his eyes were wide-eyed, and he had no retoricole comment to add upon that. Lemon Drop came to his side and placed a hoof on his shoulder reassuringly. " Just let it go," Lemon calmy stated, " I'm deeply sorry for Sugar's pessimistic attitude, we were just worried you wouldn't be able to make it."

Salient still stood there with a smug-ass grin, pleased to see that it got Sugar to be more polite to old friends.
Her grin fell and she replied, " Yeah, whatever we're also sorry we couldn't arrive on time, which is partially both our parts." Salient said guiltingly, looking over to Curly who was still a bit nerved up from Sugar Swirl's comment.

Sugar Swirl regained his composure slightly and glanced at Curly Note. "Is that true? Did you really save that zebra?" Sugar asked looking genuinely curious.

Curly bashfully replied, " Y-yes, and maybe Salient over exaggerated a little, but yes I did save a zebra."
Sugar looked satisfied with his answer and meekily said," Alright, I believe you, I'm sorry I acted that way to both of you, it was uncalled for."

Salient replied, " Don't worry about it, what are friends for, huh?" " Yeah, what she said," Curly imputed as well.

"Well I'm glad that was cleared, but perhaps we can catch up, maybe chat a little about this story in the dinning hall. Let's eat the food that Sugar and I have prepared for all of us!" Lemon Drop announced, leading the party into the cofé owners personal dinning hall.

Everyone excitedly nodded and made their way to the dinning hall. Awaiting to catch up after many years of being away.

Their own little group of family.

Author's Note:

Well damn that was exciting, I really want to develop these characters as a whole. Hopefully we will get to see how Zecarius is holding up. Not too well I assume. But, in the meantime we will have to wait and see.

Till' then peace