• Published 4th Jan 2017
  • 656 Views, 10 Comments

Change isn't so easy - Grassy Blade



Diamond Tiara needs a little more help changing her ways.

  • ...
4
 10
 656

Have I changed?

When the school bell rang it was time for recess. All the fillies and Colts were not only excited to go outside for a break, but to try out the new playground equipment. Diamond tiara met up with silver spoon at the swings. While on Silver Spoon turned her head to look at Diamond.

"I can't believe you would take punishment Diamond Tiara!" said silver spoon.

Diamond Tiara smiled to her friend. "Well, I would rather just accept punishment than argue."

"Wow, you've really changed!" said Silver Spoon.

"Yeah, I guess I have!"

"Hey!" said a familiar voice.

"Huh?" said both Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

It was Snips. A blue unicorn colt that was, rather short. His mane was orange and his cutie mark was a pair of scissors.

"Are you gonna swing or just sit there?" he asked

"Yeah, we wanna swing as well." said the orange colt next to him.

This was Snails. His mane was green and his cutie mark was unsurprisingly, a snail. Makes sense since his mind moves at a snail's pace.
One thing actually notable, (besides his horn of course) was that he was taller than most other kids.

"Oh, sorry! we're just going to over there!" said Diamond Tiara getting off the swingset. Silver Spoon followed her lead.

The two fillies met up with the CMC. (That's Cutie Mark Crusaders for you new readers.) They were on the main playground.
Scootaloo was turning a wheel pretending to be a pirate captain, Sweetie Belle was going down the slide, and Applebloom was playing
Tic-Tac-Toe with some blue filly with Navy blue hair. Her hair had a cyan streak in it, and she was a pegasus. Her eyes were purple. Her cutie mark was shattered glass.

Scootaloo is an orange pegasus filly, with purple eyes and a magenta mane. Her cutie mark has the same tricolored shield as Applebloom.

The only difference being a purple wing with a pink lightning bolt.

Sweetie Belle is a white unicorn filly with green eyes, and a curly pink/purple mane. Rarity is her big sister who is the owner of The Carousel Boutique.

Sweetie Belle's cutie mark has the same tricolored shield as Applebloom and Scootaloo, but in the
center there is a purple star with a pink music note on it.


"Woohoo!" Sweetie shouted going down the slide. "This new playground equipment is great!"

"Sure is," said Applebloom searching for a good move.

"Argh! Hoist the sails! Ready the cannons! We must take back our treasure!" shouted Scootaloo.

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon walk toward them. "Hey Crusaders!" shouted Diamond to her friends.

"Hey Diamond Tiara, hey Silver Spoon!" shouted Sweetie Belle from the bottom of the slide.

"Hey Crusaders!" replied Silver Spoon.

"Hey, wanna join me in a quest for treasure?" asked Scootaloo.

"Eh, no thanks." replied Diamond politely.

"Eh, playing pretend isn't really my thing." said Silver Spoon.

"Suit yourself!" replied Scootaloo grabbing the wheel.

"How about some Tic-Tac-Toe? When I'm done with this game that is." asked Applebloom.

Diamond Tiara smiles with interest. "That sounds like fun!"

"Aha!" Applebloom decided on a move, then the filly next to her made a move. The filly's movement was slow as she turned the cylinder.
It was like she was afraid of breaking it, which didn't really make sense to Silver Spoon.

"I win!" said Applebloom making the final move. The board ended up with three X's in the top horizontal row.

"Uh, good game Applebloom." said the blue filly all quiet like. "I thought for sure I had you there."

"No sweat! Also, you're pretty good yourself!" said Applebloom.

"Thanks um, how about another game tomorrow?" she asked.

"Sounds great!" replied Applebloom.

"See ya." she said. The blue filly headed toward the slide, when she tripped over her own hooves. She fell onto the slide, but instead of tumbling down, the blue filly fell straight through the slide leaving a hole in it. The pegasus fell onto the ground below. Applebloom being a good friend looked down the hole to see if she was alright. Diamond was also concerned and did the same. Scootaloo simply turned her head hearing the sound of the slide breaking. Sweetie Belle was already at the bottom. The blue filly was lying down on the plastic portion of the broken slide, somewhat disoriented.

Diamond Tiara snickers, then laughs. "Wow, you are so clumsy! I didn't even know falling through an enforced slide was even possible! That must be so embarrassing!"

The blue pegasus began to cry. "Why are you so mean? Wahaha!" The filly ran away crying. Diamond Tiara just laughed.

"Diamond Tiara!" said Applebloom.

Diamond Tiara stopped laughing. "Huh?"

"Diamond Tiara, what are you doing!?" she scolded.

"I-"

"Why are you being mean to poor Broken Glass? She can't help it that she's clumsy!"

One of Diamond's ears flop down. "Wait. Was I just being mean?"

"Yep." replied Applebloom.

"Oh ponyfeathers... I-I didn't mean to... Honest!" Diamond pleaded to her friends. "Really I've changed! Right Silver Spoon?" she said turning her attention behind her. her friend however was not there. "Silver Spoon?" she said worried.

"Uh, she left..." said Scootaloo.

"What? When? Why!?"

"I reckon she was afraid of you." said Applebloom.

"What? Why me? Why would-" she nervously chuckles then sighs frowning. "You're right... I'm a bad friend..." she said. "I guess I haven't changed as much as I think I have..."

"Are you kidding? You've changed a lot!" said Scootaloo.

"Yeah!" continued Sweetie Belle. "The old Diamond Tiara wouldn't accept punishment like you did today. In fact, the old you would've probably lied about it!"

"Take it from us Diamond, you've changed for the better!" said Applebloom.

Diamond Tiara smiles. "Thanks Crusaders, but I suppose change isn't that simple."

Applebloom thought for a moment. "Hey I have an idea! Come to our clubhouse after school! We can teach you how to be a better friend!"

"Yeah! That's a great idea!" said Sweetie Belle.

"I'm all up for it!" said Scootaloo.

"Then it's settled!" said Applebloom. "Meet us after school at the clubhouse!"


Meanwhile...

"It's okay, she didn't mean it..." said Silver Spoon comforting the crying blue filly.

"She did, and she's right!" sobbed the blue filly. "I am clumsy! I can't even seem to lean on anything without breaking it!"

Silver Spoon looked at her with concern. "You... You want me to tell Miss Cheerilee?" she asked.

"No it's fine..." she sniffs. "But... Isn't she your friend?" she asks.

Silver Spoon looks to the ground. "I thought she was..."

Author's Note:

Here's the next chapter! Thanks for being so patient with this story!
My schedule is always very restricted being in school and all.
Plus doing things around the house. It's difficult to get time to myself online.

But none the less, here it is! I hope you're enjoying the story so far! If not then I'm sorry...


If there are any spelling or grammar mistakes, please don't hesitate to point them out!
I like constructive criticism!

By the way, if you're wondering what Broken Glass looks like, here's a picture Here!