• Published 28th Dec 2016
  • 1,270 Views, 22 Comments

Motherly Bonds - EldinKaiser



Who is who. After having their worlds completely tossed around. They struggle to come to terms with what they learn about their family line.

  • ...
5
 22
 1,270

Scootaloo and Fluttershy

As I walked up to Shy's cottage, I felt my heart getting heavier with each step. 'What am I gonna say? Or do?' I thought to myself, scratching the back of my head. "Hey Shy, you remember that fling we had a few years ago? By chance were you pregnant after that?" I said to myself sarcastically.

I looked back up at the front of it and gave a heavy sigh. "Well, here goes nothing." I said to myself before walking up to the door and giving it a couple of knocks.

A minute passed before I heard footsteps heading towards the door. "H-Hello?" I heard Shy call out through a crack in the door.

"H-Hey Shy, it's Big Mac. Gotta minute? I need to talk to ya." I called out before hearing the door open.

She stumbled out, slightly intoxicated and looked up at me, a giddy smile on her face. "Well, hey there Big Mac." She said, walking her fingers up my chest.

I rolled my eyes and looked at her. "Shy, there is something we need to talk about. Mainly Scootaloo." I stated.

Her expression went from happy to heart broken. "O-oh, what's there you need to talk about?" She asked, crossing her arms and done her best to avoid eye contact.

I paused and looked her over. "She is our daughter, ain't she?" I said after I looked her over. She stood there, almost as if she was frozen. I looked up into her eyes to see tears freely running down her cheeks. I reached up to her cheek to immediately see her jerk away.

"I-I think you should leave." She snapped at me, turning to step back into her cottage.

"Fluttershy, talk to me. Please." I begged, reaching up to grab her shoulder.

She jerked away and stormed up to me. "Why?! Why did you run?! When I was pregnant with her, you ran away! Because I didn't get any help, I had to give her up for adoption. She is still living as a mare who doesn't know her own mother! I had to watch her grow up and not be able to help her when she was struggling. You try watching that! You try..." She said before breaking down into tears.

"If you would have told me, I would have helped, but you left me in the dark." I said, looking down at her. "I just found out that I had another daughter by another mare and you know her too." I said, my heart getting heavier by the second. "I've only been there for one of my daughters because I only knew about one of them. Though, they've all been there in front of me this whole time." I said, letting out a held in breath. "I've watched the three grow up their whole lives not even knowing two of them were my own." I stated, guilt weighing heavily over my heart.

"Did you say that you had another daughter?" She asked, slightly confused.

I nodded softly. "It was when all yall were in heat. It was you, Rarity, and AJ." I said, looking at her to see a look of extreme confusion on her face. "AJ ain't really my sister. My parents kicked me out at a young age and granny took me in." I said in hopes to clear out that confusion. She nodded softly and gave a sigh of relief. "But, when Granny found out that AJ was pregnant, she had me held at gun point, daring me to try and leave or go to another mare." I said with a chuckle. "But I should have known that if she was pregnant, then the rest of yall were too." I said.

She nodded softly and then looked up at me. "How are we going to tell Scootaloo?" She asked.

I shook my head and shrugged softly. "I really don't know. I guess we can do what me and AJ done with Apple Bloom and be straight forward with her." I said, looking up the path.

"Where is she?" Shy asked before spreading out her wings.

"She's probably at the house with Apple Bloom and Sweetie. Usually where you find one, you find the other two." I said, feeling a gust of wind as she took of towards Sweet Apple Acres. "And a drunk Fluttershy is heading to the farm... Dammit..." I said to myself before taking off back towards the farm.


As I arrived back at the farm, I saw everypony outside and looking up to the top of the barn. As I walked up, I saw Fluttershy passed out on the top of the barn. "Is she gonna be alright?" I asked, walking up to AJ.

AJ nodded softly, letting out a small laugh. "Not like her to go around drunk." AJ said before propping up a ladder on the side of the barn.

"I can get her down if you guys would like." Scootaloo's voice rang out from over head as she flew down to the top of the barn.

Fluttershy began to stir and opened up her eyes and gave a big smile. "Scootaloo! What are you doing here?" She said with a drunken smile.

Scootaloo picked up Fluttershy on her back, gliding down to the ground, the both of them going to their feet. "Hey Big Mac, How are you doing?" She asked with a big smile on her face.

I smiled and helped Fluttershy in the house. "I'm doing good. How's things at the academy?" I asked, sitting Fluttershy down in the living room.

She gave a bright and hearty smile instantly. "It's actually going well. Dash has been helping me out as much as she can. I should be graduating in a month if everything goes well." She said, sitting across from Shy.

I smiled and nodded softly. "Well, hey, when you get a minute me and Shy needs to talk to you." I said, then looked back over at Shy, giving an annoyed sigh. "Maybe when she sobers up." I said as Scootaloo nodded.

A couple of hours passed as Fluttershy sat there, holding her head. "You gonna make it Fluttershy?" Scootaloo asked.

She jumped at Scootaloo's voice and nodded softly. "Y-Yeah, I'm fine." She said with a faint smile.

Scootaloo gave Fluttershy a suspicious look before looking at me. "Big Mac, is there something that you two were needing to talk to me about?" She asked, growing slightly annoyed.

"Yeah, c'mon Shy. We need to go ahead and tell her." I said, getting up from my seat. I looked over at Shy to see her reaching up. "What, you can't walk?" I asked.

She shook her head, blushing a bit. "I'm sober enough to talk about this, but I can't walk." She said bashfully.

I chuckled softly and knelled down to pick her up, carrying her out to the barn with Scootaloo following behind. As we walked in, I sat Shy down on a hay bail and then turned to Scootaloo.

She stood there with her arms crossed, slowly starting to grow more and more annoyed. "Ok, what is it?" She asked.

I leaned against another bail of hay and gave a heavy sigh. "So, Scootaloo. You don't know your mom or dad, do you?" I asked bluntly.

She froze for a second before shaking her head. "N-No, my mom and dad gave me up for adoption when I was a foal. I only know that my mom is a pegasus and that's it." She said, looking down at the ground.

I looked at Shy to see that her eyes were already stained with tears. "Well, what would you do if you found them?" I asked.

"You know where they are?!" She asked, cheer and hope in her voice.

I paused and shook my head, though had a wave of relief hit me knowing that she was excited to meet them. "Well, no." I said, but gave a faint smile.. "We're your parents." I said, pointing to me and Fluttershy.

Her smile quickly faded into an angry stare. 'Oh shit.' I thought to myself. "You're joking, right?" She asked as bluntly as possibly, slightly annoyed.

"Well, no. Why else would we ask to talk to you in private?" I asked.

"So, what you are telling me is that you two stood around, my whole life and didn't say anything?!" She asked, slowly becoming angrier by the second. "Though once I was old enough to be on my own, then you two decide to tell me this?" She asked, storming up to both of us.

"Scootaloo, please listen." Shy begged.

"No! Why should I? So you two can lie to me even more?!" She snapped. "You two saw me struggle without you two! You two saw and knew how much pain it caused me to go year after year without knowing my family!" She cried out. "And now... Now you want to tell me this." She said in a sarcastic tone.

I stood there, slightly annoyed. "Now listen, what happened was my fault. Not hers. It was my fault. You can be mad at me all you want to, but year after year, I watched her bring two different presents for your birthday. One big present from an unknown pony and then the one with her name on it. She made sure that you had everything you wanted and needed." I said, pointing at Fluttershy. "I was a horrible excuse for a father. I didn't even know you were mine until today. So if you're going to be mad at anyone, it's going to be me." I said in a firm tone. "Though, if you're willing and would like. I'd like to take part in your life. Fluttershy has done her part. Allow me to do my part." I said, regret in my voice.

She looked at me with narrow eyes, but turned to Shy with softer eyes. "If you are my mom, then why didn't you tell me?" She asked.

Fluttershy looked at her and sighed heavily. "When I gave you up for adoption, the agency made me sign a very clear statement saying that if I was to say anything until you got older then the adoption agency wouldn't allow me to even see you." She said with regret in her voice.

She then looked at me, her eyes narrowing at me once more. "Anything else you want to tell me?" She said, crossing her arms once again.

I shook my head. "Nope, that's about it." I said, looking down at her.

She nodded softly and walked up to Fluttershy and helped her down. "Well, then how about this. We put all this behind us and go eat. Act like this never happened." She said, walking Fluttershy out of the barn.

Fluttershy paused and shook her head. "No. Scootaloo, listen. We do care f-"

"Wait, please. Just wait for now. I need a minute to take all this in." She said with a faint smile.

We both nodded and returned to smile. "C'mon yall, let's get back inside where it's warm." I said, walking behind them and back into the house.

An hour passed. I walked outside as the sun was reaching the horizon. My ears perk up to hear a set of wings flap. I turned to see Scootaloo sitting on the banister of the porch, looking up at the sky. "So, I also have two sister as well?" She asked.

I walked up to my chair and sat down, kicking my feet out and up on the banister beside of her and nodded. "Eeyup." I said, bringing a bottle of cider to my lips.

She nodded softly and smiled. "Big Mac, listen. I didn't mean to snap at you two earlier." She said, her gaze still focused up on the sky. "It just kind of hurt knowing that you two were there the whole time and didn't do anything. I understand Fluttershy's situation, but I'm still confused on yours." She said, turning to face me.

I nodded softly. "Well, like I said in the barn. I didn't even know you were my daughter at the time. It all finally came together when I found out that Sweetie Belle was my daughter. I just can't believe that it took me so long to realize this." I said, looking at the road entering the farm.

She nodded softly and jumped down. "Well, can you make a promise?" She asked. I nodded softly before feeling her wrap her arms around my neck. "I-I don't want to end up being all alone again." She said, her voice beginning to crack.

I looked up at her and wrapped an arm around her. "Scootaloo, ain't anypony gonna make you go around alone anymore. We're all a family here." I said, holding her close. She nodded softly with a barrage of sneezes following shortly after. "How long have you been out here?" I asked.

She smiled innocently. "Only an hour or two." She said, her nose starting to turn red.

I sighed and stood back up. "C'mon, let's get you inside to warm up. You're gonna catch a cold out here." I said, walking with her back into the house.