• Published 28th Dec 2016
  • 1,270 Views, 22 Comments

Motherly Bonds - EldinKaiser



Who is who. After having their worlds completely tossed around. They struggle to come to terms with what they learn about their family line.

  • ...
5
 22
 1,270

Rarity and Sweetie Belle

"Hey, Rarity, where are the photo's from last years Hearth's Warming Eve?" Sweetie Belle called out from the other room. I glanced around the corner to see her rummaging through my supplies in hopes of finding them.

"Sweetie, they're not down here. They're most likely upstairs in the attic." I said, walking beside of her to begin cleaning up and reorganize everything that she has misplaced. As I picked up another small book, one of my older books. A group of pictures came sliding out.

"I'll get it." Sweetie called out, bending over to pick up the pictures. She looked down at them, though her usual heart-warming smile with covered with a wave of confusion on her face. "Hey Rarity, I can tell that this is you, but who are you holding?" She asked, turning the pictures to face me, to show my younger self and a ruby coated newborn unicorn in my grasp.

"Sweetie, put those back please." I said, trying to snatch them from her. She quickly pulled them behind her back. "Not until you tell me who this is." She pouted.

"Sweetie, please, let me have those back." I begged.

"Well, fine. If you won't tell me, then mom will." She stated, taking off out the room and into the living room. "Mom! Dad! Who is this in the picture with Rarity?" She asked as I entered the room.

They both gave an awkward groan as they looked up at me and back down to Sweetie Belle. "Ehh, well, ya see Sweetie Belle." Father spouted out, trying to find something to say.

"We couldn't hide it for much longer I suppose." Mother said, her heart falling heavy in her chest. "Sweetie, you're... well"

"Sweetie, that is you in the picture. You were adopted by mother and father and you are my daughter. Not theirs." I blurted out. My head hanging heavily upon my shoulders.

I felt her eyes land on me, feeling more weight adding onto my back. Suddenly, I hear her chuckle slightly. Unsure about what she's just heard. "Nice joke Rarity, but seriously, who is this? The foal in this picture has a ruby coat, not white!" She said, turning back to mother and father. They both looked at her in silence, unsure what to say now.

"She's telling you the truth. She was a selfish mother and only thought of herself and her needs, when you were born, she begged me and your father to take you. After telling her no several times, we had to explain to her that no one would believe that me being pink and your father being white, there would be no way that we could produce a ruby colored foal. So your sist- I mean Rarity decided it would be a good idea to bleach your fur knowing good and well what would happen." Mother said, making the weight on my shoulder even more heavy.

"I-I'll just see myself out of the room." I said, stumbling out of the room, sitting down beside of the door way.

"Why would she do that?" I heard Sweetie ask. "Why would anyone want to do that to their foal?" She cried out. "Please tell me that this is just some sick joke that you're playing." Sweetie sobbed out.

Mother and father sat there in silence once more. "S-So, Rarity is my mom? A-And you are my grandparents?" She asked, trying to come to terms with everything.

"Yes Sweetie, that's all true. Though please, understand something. What happene- Wait! No! Sweetie, come back here!" Mother called out as Sweetie Belle came running out of the room and into her own. Shortly after, mother and father came out, grief on their face.

"You need to go up there and talk to her." Father said, anger deep in his voice. "After you and that Apple stallion had your fun. You brought her into this world and we made a deal. After what you did to her as a foal, your mother and I made a you a deal saying that we will take care of her as long as she never finds any photos from before." Father stated.

"You were supposed to get rid of all pictures you had before we took custody of her! If she was to find any pictures, then that's it. She's back in your custody." Mother firmly snapped at me.

"What would change, in all reality?" I asked. "Because as far as it stands, I have been the one to take care of her since she was a foal. Through every scratch. Through every accident, heartbreak, boyfriend. I have been there. I did ask you to take her into your custody, but as far as it stands, neither of you two have taken a step towards raising her. At the time, I was scared at having such a major responsibility looming over my head and I done what I thought was best for her and her future. I didn't pass her onto you two because I was selfish or thought of my own needs. I did it so she had the chance of a better future." I firmly stated, tears swelling up in my eyes.

"What have you don-"

"What have I done?!" I snapped back at father. "While you two are off on your extravagant vacations to Shirland, to Manehatten, to Las Pegasus, to anywhere on the planet, let me tell you what all I have done. I have maintained a business that I started as a young mare, while still in my apprenticeship, I made sure that she has had food, that she has had a place to call home because you two were never here. She had some one to take care of her." I snapped at him. "Now, what happened to me and Big Macintosh in the past has happened. He has agreed to not saying anything about what happened like we all agreed on." I stated, my body trembling with anger.

"Rarity, that is enough!" Mother snapped out.

"No! No it is not enough! You don't realize what you have done to me and her in the past! When she was first born, you kicked me and her out on the streets. Thankfully, the Cakes to pity and housed and fed us until you came back to make that 'deal' just to boost your image! Only reason you agreed is so you could parade around town, about a having another baby. And yes, I know that bleaching her coat was a horrid mistake, but I had to do something drastic so you would reconsider. I hate myself for doing that to her and wish I could take away her pain, but you weren't the ones who sat up after that to take care of her, the ones who held her every sleepless night to work an apprenticeship that paid little to nothing and still maintain to support her and myself one the small sum of money that you give to me to take care of her and the house for a whole month, now were you?" I said, my voice trembling with rage.

They stood there in silence as I stared them down. "You gave me 200 bits to pay for a 400 bit rent, then another 200 for groceries, and that's not including mainly her needs. Every month, I made sure she had every toy she wanted. I made sure that she had the best. I made sure that she was always in good health. Now, let me ask you what you have done. How about it?" I asked.

They both stood there in silence, their only expression being anger. "Well, how about this then, Little Miss Rarity. We'll leave and never return. You or your bastard daughter will never hear or speak to us again." Mother snapped.

They both glarred at me, anger apparent in their face. "That works fine." I said, returning the same glare. "Now, if you two would please, leave my home and never return, that would be greatly appreciated." I stated, walking over to the door to open it, my eyes stained with tears "It's not like we needed you two here." I said to them after they left, slamming the door behind them.

I look up the stairs to see Spike walking down them, his own heart heavy with grief. "Damn, Rare, kind of a nut shell to bring down all of a sudden." He said, wrapping his arms around my shoulders to bring me close to him.

I turned around to look up at him and rest my head against his chest. "I'm sorry, this is kind of a bomb shell to drop on you too, isn't it?" I asked, my heart still heavy.

He shrugged and smiled. "It is, but regardless as I've said before, I'm here to stay." He said, leaning down to kiss the top of my head. I smiled softly and nuzzled into him. "Though you may want to go and talk to her before she finishes getting packing." He said.

I quickly lifted up his arms, darting past him and up the stairs. "For Celestia's Sake! Couldn't you have not told me this a second ago!" I said, running up to her room to hear her sobbing.

I reached up and knocked on the door softly. "Go away!" I hear her yell out at me in anger. "Just please, leave me alone." She sobbed out.

I slowly opened the door, and stepped in. "S-Sweetie, please listen to me." I begged.

"Why should I? Only thing you've done is lied to me my whole life." She snapped at me.

I withdrew a bit, but reached out to place my hand on her shoulder. "Yes, I may have lied about something extreme like that and done something like that. Just please know that I've always loved you. You were and always will be my baby girl. I was just scared when you were born because I had no ability to take care of you at tbe time and what I done was to ensure that at least you would have a roof over your head. I didn't care if I had a home, I just wanted to make sure that you had a home. I'm a horrible mother for what I did and I don't blame you if you were to hate me." I said, hanging my head.

She jerked her shoulder away as she went back to packing. "I'm going to stay with Apple Bloom for a few nights and then move in with Button." She growled out.

I nodded softly and hung my head low as I walked out of her room. "Aren't you going to stop her?" Spike asked.

I shook my head. "No amount of begging can convince her to stay. She has every right to. She doesn't need to live with a mother who is psychotic enough to give her chemical burns." I said, turning to head into my own room.
An hour passed after I noticed Spike was still gone, I sat up in bed and looked around. "Spike?" I called out.
As I walked to the door, I heard Sweetie Belle's door crack open. "S-Spike, can I talk to you for a second?" She asked.

"I guess so." he said, walking into her room as she opened the door. "What's on your mind?" He asked, as I opened my own door.

"I-I don't want to leave. I understand, or at least think I understand why she done that to me. She just wanted to do what was best for me, right?" She asked, trying to come up with an excuse for my actions.

"When me and Rarity first started dating and I came to move in, I noticed that every night before bed, she would be a little bit late for bed. So one night I became curious at what she was doing. I looked out the door way to see her go into your room after you go to sleep and tuck you in and kiss the top of your head and wish you sweet dreams. At first I was kind of confused by this, but looking back, when you were sick, she was at your bedside every night to nurse you back to health." Spike said, shuffling around her room to pull out a desk chair for him to sit in.

I heard him chuckle softly. "I remember one night, she came out covered in vomit from you because you had the stomach flu. She was extremely grossed out, but showered and went back in there to take care of you." He said. I felt a bit of warmth fill me as a smile formed along my lips. "Sweetie, she loves you unconditionally. As for why I couldn't piece this together sooner is beyond me." He stated.

"W-Would you have told me if you would have knew." She asked him, her voice a bit more calm than it was before.

I heard him groan out and gave a defeated sigh. "No, unless Rarity wanted me to, though I would have felt it would be better for her to tell you." He said.

"S-So, does this really mean that Rarity is my mom?" She asked.

"Yes, though you two need to talk this out. Isn't that right, Rarity?" He called out from Sweetie's room.

I jumped slightly and turned the corner to automatically see Sweetie look down and away from me as she sat down on her bed. I walked over and got on my knees and knelt down in front of her. "S-Sweetie, please let me make this up to you." I begged. "I don't care if you don't ever consider me as a mother, I just want my bond back with you, Sweetie." I pleaded.

I felt her lean down and wrap her arms around my neck to hold me close. "Just shut up." She asked, sobbing into my neck. I smile and wrapped my arms around her and held her.

A few minutes passed before she calmed down slightly and pulled away. "Everything's alright?" I asked. She nodded softly as I wipe the tears from her cheeks. "Do you still want to move?" I asked as she immediately shook her head. I smile and nodded softly. "You're more than welcome to stay here as long as you want to, Sweetie." I said, holding her close.

"S-so does this mean that Apple Bloom is my aunt?" She asked.

"Sweetie, that is a subject for another day. She's not, but just leave it at that." I said.

"Wait, Rarity, what else are you not telling me?" She asked.

"Ehhh, well, let's just say your father is a stallion of sorts." I said, blushing a bit.

"B-But Big Mac and Applejack are brother and sister!"

I gave a defeated sigh as I look up to Spike. "Hey, don't look at me, she's the one who asked." He said, heading out of the room.

"A lot of help you are." I said, pouting slightly. I looked back down at Sweetie and gave a faint smile. "Can we please talk about this another time." I begged.

"Is it something that could possibly scar me even more?" She asked.

"Yes! Exactly." I blurted out.

She nodded softly and turned towards her packed clothes. "I probably need to get all this unpacked." She said. Now looking at the mess she has created.

I stood up and helped her up. "I'll help you out. Besides, it might be good for some mother daughter time." I joked.

She looked up and smiled. "Yeah, that'd be nice." She said, before hugging me tight once more.