• Published 27th Dec 2016
  • 376 Views, 7 Comments

Ark Royal - raven618



Several of Ponyville's residents, as well as several others are abducted by aliens and forced to fight in a gladiator arena.

  • ...
 7
 376

Chapter 1

It was around 10:00 when Rainbow and Scootaloo got back from the Wonderbolts show. Rainbow had gotten permission for Scootaloo to watch the show from the box seat. To make matters even better, the girls would spend the night at Rainbow's cloud house. Needless to say, Scootaloo was extremely hyped.

"You were completely awesome Rainbow Dash! The way you pulled up at the last second and made that burst of light! It was absolutely amazing! How'd you do that anyway?"

"Sorry kid, but that's a trade secret." She said ruffling the filly's mane. "Anyway it's really late, so we should be getting some shuteye."

Rainbow carried her adopted sister upstairs so they could prepare for bed. The two pegasi ended up falling asleep quite quickly, due to the late hour and the stress of having performed that day in Rainbow's case. Scootaloo crawled into the sleeping bag she had used so many times before, the rush from the day finally taking its toll on her.


Scootaloo knew something was wrong. Instead of her sleeping bag and the semisolid floor of Rainbow's house she felt hard metal beneath her. When she raised her head she could barely see a thing, just a smooth metal floor beneath her and a lot of black open space.

When her eyes started to adjust to the darkness, she saw that she wasn't alone. Nearly a dozen other ponies were there as well, some lying on the floor, others wandering around in a daze. Upon closer inspection, Scootaloo saw they were all wearing the same outfit, including herself. It was some kind of tight fitting material, green with a pale blue upside down star on the front. The garments for the stallions was shaped into a simple shirt, while the mare's were shaped into a leotard-like garment, with the bottom point of the star reaching all the way down the orange filly's barrel.

Scootaloo continued looking around the dark area (she had yet to see a wall or ceiling) when she saw a familiar rainbow colored mane. She ran up to the still unconscious Rainbow Dash who was also wearing the weird leotard. When she tried to wake her, she saw something else was amiss; there was a yellow line running over her left eye with two small dashes crossing that line over her eyelid.

"Scootaloo?" a soft voice said from behind her. She turned around and saw the stare master herself, Fluttershy, also in the blue and green leotard.

"Fluttershy! You're here too!"

"I guess, but where is here?"

"I don't know. Rainbow Dash still hasn't woken up."

The two mares lifted Rainbow into a sitting position, which helped to bring her round. "Ugh," she said holding her head, "What happened? Scoots? Fluttershy? When'd you guys get tattoos?"

Scootaloo paused, "Tattoos?" She checked her reflection in the floor. Sure enough, there was a yellow line running under her right eye, when it reached her cheek it turned on a 45° angle and came to an abrupt halt. She looked over a Fluttershy, it was difficult to tell with her fur color, but she had the same kind of mark as the rest of them, a yellow 'C' shape to the left of her left eye. In fact looking around, everypony had some kind of yellow tattoo printed on their face.

"Where are we?" Rainbow asked.

"We don't know." Fluttershy answered, "The last thing I remember was going to bed after making sure my animal friends were safe and asleep. What about you?"

"Me and Scoots had just got back from my Wonderbolts performance."

Scootaloo decided to let the two elements try and figure the situation out. She started wandering around the space, trying to see if she could recognize anypony else, by this point everypony was on their hooves. She saw Flitter and Cloudchaser from Ponyville off to one side, as well as her classmate Rumble and his older brother. "Wait a moment", Scootaloo did a double check to make sure she was right, everypony here was a pegasus.

Suddenly the floor started to glow different colors: gold, blue, red, green and white. Scootaloo quickly ran back to where Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were.

All around the ponies gathered, lights began coming on reveling that they were not in a room, more like a wide metal pit. Above that pit was a ring of ponies dimly illuminated by the lights. In the center of the pit was a tall podium reaching far out of the pit, standing on that podium was a, something. It looked like some kind of dinosaur, it was orangeish brown and had three curved horns on it's face, one on it's forehead and one on each cheek.

"Greetings! I am Galthron." It sounded like the creatures voice was in Scootaloo's head. "And welcome to the first annual, Ark Royal!" The ponies outside the pit erupted into cheers. She saw several camera like devices being pointed at the crowd.

It was here that Scootaloo realized where she was, a stallion off to one side voiced her realization, "This is a stadium." Rainbow Dash spread her wings and flew at the creature at the podium, hoping to get some answers. She barely made it off the ground before her body was suddenly seized by an electrical shock. Scootaloo and Fluttershy ran to their friend, she was alright but the mark on her face was glowing slightly.

"For those of you who are not familiar with the Royal, let me explain." the creature on the podium continued, "Long ago, our ancestors would pit creatures against each other, even entering the ring themselves to test their own strength. We are here to bring you the same entertainment that the emperors and kings of old enjoyed.

"As a special treat, parliament has given us permission to use the primitive creatures of the 'off-limits' worlds." More lights began coming on, these were pointed inward at Scootaloo and the others. Several insect-like creatures took to the air above the stadium, each with a camera in it's arms.

A red light from the floor illuminated a group of, not ponies, on the far side of the arena. "Creatures from Alkriss," Some of the creatures in the light began roaring. One actually tried climbing the walls of the pit, only to falling in a fit of electrical shocks.

"Trilaok Two," a blue light in the space next to where the ponies were standing. Scootaloo saw what looked like a group of large snakes and weird looking bat things.

"The third moon of Vlidorian," It was a white light this time, Scootaloo couldn't see anyone in it, but she knew they probably didn't belong there.

"Orbicalous," The floor under Scootaloo's hooves suddenly glowed green, the area holding the ponies bathed in the light. They could now see a much larger number of ponies that just the group of pegasi; there were earth ponies to one side, a group of minotaurs, unicorns, what Scootaloo thought were changelings, and griffons.

One of the griffons looked over at the pegasus group, "Dash?" Rainbow looked over when she heard her name.

"Gilda?" The blue pegasus ran over to the brown and white griffon, only to be stopped by a wavering field of some kind.

"And finally, Thrindhas!" A gold light erupted from the only unlit area illuminating the final group of creatures. Scootaloo saw one that sent a shiver down her spine. It looked like a manticore, large muscular lion-like body with a barbed scorpion tail. Except this creature's tail had spines sticking out of it, not just a stinger. And it's eyes, it's eyes were cold, like something that kill you if you breathed the wrong way.

"For the next few days, you will see these beasts fight against each other in feats of strength, speed, endurance, and even creativity. Be here tomorrow for the first day of..."

"ARK ROYAL!!!!" the crowd of creatures screamed to the reptile on the podium. The beings in the stadium could finally see what would be watching them, aliens. Some looked like ponies, others looked like birds, some insects, still others looked like monkeys.

The base of the arena suddenly began sinking, a covering sliding in to replace it. A few of the pegasi and griffons (and other assorted creatures) began flying upwards to try and escape, only to meet the same fate as Rainbow Dash, an electrical shock from the marks on their faces.

Several large aliens in full body armor suddenly emerged and began taking the ponies away. Scootaloo could only walk along with the crowd, the full weight of her- no everyone's situation hitting her like a ton of bricks. She had been kidnapped by aliens, and was being forced to fight for their amusement.