• Published 23rd Dec 2016
  • 256 Views, 14 Comments

Spike and the mail quest - EDUWRITES



A series of shorts stories about Spike trying deliver the mail.

  • ...
 14
 256

A postal to Hay Town

Continuing from last time, Spike and Twilight had already gather everything they need, as they aware of the situation going down on Hay Town Twilight has made a cast of numerous spells to protect them of whatever harm may come down their way. Without wasting any more time Twilight teleports both of them to the train station where they buy the tickets to the ominous Hay Town. After getting on the train and traveling for about fours hours they arrive to a small train station, there they rent an small cab that is pulled by two colts, they had considered traveling by air but the sun was to much for Twilight wings and even if she casted a spell to protect her from the heat it will just exhaust due to the previous spells she was maintaining already. The cab takes about 2 hours to arrive, in that time they chat about some of the previous adventures that had taken place in the last seasons, laugh about some of their misadventures and when conversations dies down they just stare at the landscapes. Eventually they arrive to Hay Town.

The place itself is absolutely wrecked, houses are partially destroyed, roads are full of holes, buildings seems they are about to collapse at any moments but most eerie of at all there is no sign of life whatsoever. Twilight and Spike get down of the cab which quickly departs, they walk carefully to the place observing the ruins of what was before a calm town, their steps seems to be the only sound that resonates in there. Going back to the events of Appleloosa they had though that the civil war was just another excuse to waste down pie, however this time things seems more bleak, the only thing missing is a corpse and the flies around it.

I don’t like this Twilight- Says Spikes in a low voice, like trying not to get the attention of unforeseen threats

Me neither but we here already so may as well find out what happen to this town – Replied Twilight knowing that her duty as a princess was to maintain peace

They walk down some more until they eventually find a small building that seems to be in perfects conditions, they enter the building. Everything is pitch black and completely silent, as they explore the interior a sense of uneasiness and dread fills them, something is lurking in the shadows, waiting to attack, they stay alert. Twilight light the room with her horn, the interior seems to be perfectly normal, the only strange thing is that there is only one room, which is completely empty. Searching the room more carefully Twilight discover a hidden shaft on the floor, she opens it, the shafts conducts to a long tunnel that seems to have no end, before Twilight can decide whenever to go down or not she hears a loud cry, turns back and discover in horror that Spike is no longer whit her.

All kinds of emotions and unnerving’s thoughts pass though her mind, panic fills her and she fears the worst, now she was alone in a creepy ghost town and her only company was now missing. Desperate she cries into the silence yelling SPIKE SPIKE but to no avail, the only response she gets is the wind that blows in the distance. Moment’s pass, they feel like eternity, before the situation gets any more unbearable she hears giggles from the hole, the same hole that was on the floor, a dark abyss that seemed to go nowhere but nevertheless had just invited her to enter it. Twilight goes down.

Author's Note:

Hi again, same as before if you got any feedback for me please write on the comments, this story is more at this moments an exercise for me writing skills, thank you again for reading and hope you enjoy it.