• Published 12th Jul 2012
  • 1,029 Views, 5 Comments

Alternative Harmony - FableTail



Twilight Sparkle must find the Elements of Harmony and stop the evil rising in Equestria.

  • ...
2
 5
 1,029

Prologue

Prologue

The revolts in Equestria were becoming larger and more frequent. Nopony liked their tyrant and leader, Discord. He created mischief with the snap of his claws. His jesters were any bystander that he wanted to ‘play with’ as he manifested their worst nightmares and tortured them for laughs.

When one of these sessions went wrong and when the poor, innocent pony received a fatal blow, the Princesses knew Discord had to be stopped. The answer was right under their noses.

“But thou must! StarSwirl, thou must hath a spell to defeat thoust Tyrant!” Princess Celestia, the alicorn who raises the sun, begged. The bearded pony looked at her with an old and tired expression.

Princess Luna, the alicorn who raises the moon, seemed to be losing her patience as she nudged her sister aside and drew closer to StarSwirl.

“I shall not be ignored! Ignorance breeds a foul hatred, StarSwirl the Bearded.” Princess Celestia looked at her in surprise, and then pinned back her ears as she looked back at StarSwirl.

“Please, it is the Chaos that makes us desperate and sharp-tongued. Thou must know a way!”

StarSwirl, the most powerful unicorn of all (And the unicorn with the longest beard), gave Princess Luna a wary glance before training his eyes on the Sun Princess. “I do know a way, my Princesses… but thou shall not survive in the end.” The Moon Princess scoffed arrogantly.

“We can survive anything.” She stated foolishly, her voice strong and confident.

“My dear sister, we are not immune to everything.” Celestia reminded her, but Luna just rolled her eyes.

“Arrogance breeds fools.” StarSwirl muttered as he turned around. Using a simple spell he pictured a particular book in mind. His horn glowed and the exact book teleported right in front of him. He opened the book and gestured for the Princesses to come closer.

“These are…” Princess Celestia started, trailing off as her eyes widened.

“The Elements of Harmony.” Her sister of the Moon finished.

StarSwirl nodded. “The Elements of Harmony; Laughter, Honesty, Loyalty, Kindness, Generosity, and-” He was cut off as the Princesses breathed out the strongest Element of them all, “Magic.”

“B-but, thou must knowest, the Elements are lost to all! Their disappearance is what led to Lord Discords’ reign!” Luna sputtered out, her face adopting a hopeless expression.

StarSwirl held up a hoof to the young Princess. “That is what Lord Discord has thou believe. But all is not true, he hides the Elements in a place dear and near.” And that is when Princess Celestia realized the location of the Elements.

“I know where they are.” She announced, gaining her sister and the unicorns’ attention. She trained her pink eyes on the door opposite of their position. “When we retrieve them, we must activate their power to destroy Lord Discord, yes?”

“His body shall turn against him and harden into stone.” He corrected, closing the book up and tossing it up in the air where it exploded in sparks of blue and grey, then teleported somewhere else.

“To stone? It won’t destroy him?” The darker alicorn asked with an undertone of anger. But before StarSwirl could say anything, Princess Celestia was already dragging Luna out of the unicorns’ castle.


The white alicorn touched the tip of her long horn to the hard and cold ground of Discords’ Throne room, and quickly slashed it across to make a mark. Her pastel colored mane floated around her as her eyes began to glow along with her horn.

Her sister was in a similar stance, a strong one with chest puffed out and horn high in the air. Their surroundings hummed with life as their magic twisted together and spread out.

And as quickly as the event happened, it ended with a bright flash and the appearance of a very bored looking draconequus. His horse like face bearing a frown, a large sharp tooth sticking out from his top lip.

He put on a coy smile as he realized who summoned him. “Ah the Princesses. What did you two think of my offer?” He twisted his long, deformed body around itself as her floated in the air.

“We refuse.” Celestia said, taking a threatening step towards the spirit of chaos. Discord tsked, his lion paw making a gesture in the air.

“A decision thou shall regret.”

The Princesses exchanged looks and then began running around Discord, horns glowing and manes whipping. The room was suddenly enveloped in a mixture of white and black magic. The vortex was void of color, seeming to even suck it out of Discord.

Discord raised a fuzzy eyebrow and laughed, unphased by the spectacle.. “It’ll take a lot more than silly little spells to stop-” He was never given the chance to finish his sentence as the Princesses activate the Elements of Harmony and the vortex exploded in a rainbow of color.

His entire body froze in his position and quickly it hardened into stone. Once they were finished, his expression was forever frozen as one of amusement.

Everything seemed fine for a moment, and Luna smirked. “Our legs hold strong.” She said, nodding at her sister, who looked relieved as well. But then, Luna felt a twinge in her hooves and she grimaced. Celestia looked at her sister with worry. “I-I’m fine...” Neither alicorn was convinced.

Princess Lunas’ legs gave out and she fell to the floor, her face a twist of pain. Celestia felt her legs shake and convulse before she fell as well. They exchanged twisted looks of pain and shock.

Their horns still glowed, but the light began flickering out. Until finally, their horns dimmed to where they were void of color. Their entire bodies dulled until they too, were turned into stone.

Then three balls of light drew from out from Celestias’ body, and three more from Lunas’. The Elements of Harmony glowed, and began to float upwards. They shined their own unique light, before each one disappeared in a flash.