• Published 22nd Dec 2016
  • 976 Views, 23 Comments

Celestia's Protege - StormLuna



Starlight did it, she passed her entrance exam and was accepted as Celestia's protege. Join her during her journey through school where she makes new friends, continues to expand her knowledge and helps other ponies with their studies.

  • ...
8
 23
 976

Celestia's Request

One year had passed since I was able to get Lyra out of Flintheart's class and while I thought Celestia would make good on her promise to get him reassigned, he is still teaching that course! Luckily though my other friends, given that they are older, they can handle his bad attitude more easily and Lyra is flourishing under Celestia. She's not the only one who has improved dramatically though, I too have improved.

Despite my magical abilities, I have even learned things that I never knew about in the prior timeline but what I have improved in dramatically though are my academic courses. While I have always loved astronomy, my overall knowledge of what caused everything to be has increased tenfold and the math I used to have so many problems with is now easy as pie.


Another weekend had arrived as the sun woke me up on a Saturday morning. I always loved weekend mornings because that was when Celestia would allow me to go out and eat with my friends since I had nothing on the schedule for that day. This morning would be no different as I joined my friends at the cafe. They all seemed happy but the one I had noticed the biggest change in though over the past year was Lyra.

When I arrived she rushed up to me and said, "Hi Starlight, how are you doing?"

I replied, "I'm doing good." I saw the huge smile on her face and continued, "I've never seen you this happy before. What has you so happy?"

She began to jump up and down as she shouted, "Celestia thinks I'm doing so good she's putting me in a more advanced magic course!"

Moondancer added, "Yeah, she'll be joining me in the course I'm in now."

Lemon Hearts sighed, "Yeah, lucky you. The rest of us are still stuck with Professor Flintheart."

The very mention of his name made me scowl. Minuette asked, "Starlight, what's wrong? What's up with the frown?"

I replied, "The very mention of his name just frustrates me." I began to become more agitated and continued, "After I found out about all the undue stress he was causing Lyra last year I suggested she reassign him. I thought she would do that but she obviously lied! I never imagined she would not think about the welfare of her students!"

Minuette added, "I wonder if Celestia didn't talk to him about his demeanor because he seems nicer than he used to."

Now I didn't want to hear anymore about him than I had to so I decided that changing the subject would be the best for all of us. Now that wouldn't take long as Celestia approached us. I didn't even know she was there until Lemon Hearts looked up and said hi to her. I turned around and saw that she had a serious look on her face. She pointed her wing towards the palace and said, "Starlight, I need to speak to you alone."

My friends gave her a nervous look as did I and I followed her to the palace. I couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen. Was she going to make me go back to being more close under her wing given that Lyra advanced or something else but of course my paranoia would be unnecessary.

Once she arrived she gave me a smile and said, "I'm sorry I broke up your weekend meet up with your friends but I have some good news for you!"

While I figured it involved Lyra I still had to act excited, "Does it involve Lyra? Is she doing really good?"

Celestia replied, "I take it Lyra told you about her being put in a more advanced magic course?"

I replied, "Yes, she did."

Celestia sighed, "While I am happy she advanced, there is a much different reason I brought you here." She got a bit of a smile on her face and continued, "Starlight, I know you are extremely intelligent and know more magic than any student I have ever had so I am going to give you the opportunity to do something special, especially for a filly."

I asked, "What is that?"

Celestia replied, "Well there are a couple of students in one of the remedial magic courses that simply can't get their magic to work."

I asked, "Yes and what do you want me to do? Do you want me to help them somehow?"

Celestia replied, "Yes, I do. Their teacher is trying her hardest to help them but she just can't get through to them. I thought that since you are the same age as them, that maybe they would feel more comfortable having somepony their own age assisting them."

I asked, "So when do you want me to do this?"

Celestia replied, "On Monday afternoon around three-thirty, I want you to go to the main library where they will be waiting for you." I gave Celestia an uncertain look and she continued, "Starlight, don't worry. I'm sure you'll help them out so will you do this for not just them, but for me as well?"

While I new they needed the help, I wasn't sure about this but it was when she said, "But for me as well" that swayed me. I didn't want to let her down so I reluctantly agreed to do this. I sighed, "Alright, but only as long as it does not cut into my study time, for both magic and academic matters."

Celestia replied, "Don't worry Starlight, it won't. When it comes to magic, you don't even need to study and when it comes to academics, you are doing spectacular!"

I replied back, "Ok, I'll do it."

Celestia said, "Good, now I'll let you get back to your friends."

I nodded and headed back to the get together I had with my friends. While the rest of my time went well with them and they were happy that Celestia wanted me to do this, the same could not be said for me. Yes I knew that this could lead to perhaps even bigger things for me but a nagging voice in the back of my head was telling me that I would likely have to deal with ponies that would either be impossible to help or ponies that would flat out drive me nuts.