• Published 15th Dec 2016
  • 855 Views, 12 Comments

Golden Hourglass - EverlyTheBlackRabbit



Time Turner is owner of Golden Hourglass but is unlucky with his staff Octavia, Lyra, Bon Bon, Vinyl and Derpy. These girls always have a way of keeping the small resturaunt lively everyday but with a high chance of destroying it in the process.

  • ...
0
 12
 855

4. Numbers

Lyra was blushing madly as she held the small piece of paper in her hand while she took a tray of dirty dishes to the sink in the kitchen. She threw them all in the sink which was filled with water to get it wet first so any food that was stuck on the plates could come off. She looked at the piece of paper looking at the phone number on it. She blushed looking at and thinking of the boy who gave it to her. She felt so flattered but didn't know what to do. She never noticed much about the boy but when he talked to her he told her he has noticed her for weeks. Telling her how he spent his days saving up money just to go to Golden Hourglass just to catch a glimpse of her. Lyra blushed madly just remembering about the conversation.

"What ya doing!" Bon Bon yelled out behind Lyra.
Lyra shrieked. She looked over at Bon Bon, "Don't sneak up on me like that!"
Bon Bon rolled her eyes, "Sorry." She glanced at the piece of paper Lyra was holding. She noticed a number on it and a boy's name. "So, whose heart you're breaking?"
"What?!" She hid the piece of paper, but not forgetting her friend was quick enough to see. "I'm doing nothing like that! Just taking orders as usual!"
"Oh really? Then why are you hiding a boy's number?" She smirked.

Lyra gasped then sighed. "What do you think I should do?" she asks.
"Give it to me so I can use it as a new recipe for chowder!"
"Bon Bon! I'm not kidding around!" Lyra said angrily. She breaths, regaining her composure. "I want to know what I should do!"
Bon Bon raises a brow in question. She looks down for a second then looks back at Lyra who was frowning. "I don't know! Depends if you're actually interested in the kid!"
"He's not a kid!" Lyra exclaims.
"How do you know? Didn't you just get his number?"
"Yes but..."
"There you go. The use of the number is to learn about the kid."
Lyra looks mad at her, "He's not a kid and you're right! I'll use this number to get to know him."
"There! And if you come to regret it," Bon Bon walks up to her and places a hand on her shoulder. "You can always go to your cellphone company to get your number changed!"
Lyra frowns, "Yeah. Thanks for the advice," she says in sarcasm.
"Now if you excuse me I got a special to make and you need to get out there and break more hearts!"
"Bon Bon!" she says angrily.
"I'm just kidding," Bon Bon says and goes to the sink to wash her hands.
Lyra looks at her best friend for a second then leaves.

At Lyra's house, Lyra was in her room sitting behind her desk trying to finish her homework for a class. She kept getting distracted from looking at her cellphone. She didn't know to whether to text the boy or not. After several minutes of debating, she decided to text him.

The next day at the Golden Hourglass.

"Earth to Lyra! Table Three!" Octavia said angrily at Lyra.
Lyra blinked fast and shook her head as she was just staring at the stack of menus she was holding, "Sorry, Octavia!" She yawned. "I'm a bit tired."
"Were you doing an essay or project from a class?" asked concerned.
"No. Was texting a guy last night!"
Octavia scowls at her, "Is that all? Then I suggest you get back to work!"

Lyra was now at the restroom splashing water on her face to wake her from drowsiness. "I hope Josh isn't having trouble waking up as I am," she says getting out of the restroom.
"Whose Josh?" asks Derpy passing by with a broom and dustpan.
"A guy who gave me his number the other day. Decided to text him to learn about him," she says while a blush forms.
"That's great! It's nice that you met someone. Anything you like about him so far?" she asks.
"He's fine. Nothing to hate except the fact he's into science."
"Oh," Derpy says knowing what that meant.

Since a young age, Lyra had always been into the mythology of magical ponies. She believed there was a world out there with Ponies, Unicorns and Pegasus that lived in a world full of magic that worked differently from how people lived. She explored with these ideas for a long time. Though when ever she talked about it with others, they found it interest odd. There's even been times where someone who was so into science who met her tried convincing her there was no such thing as a magical world of ponies, which made Lyra upset. Nothing made Lyra stop believing in the world of magical ponies especially ever since back at Canterlot High she found the proof that it was all real when magical powers came to her highschool revealing classmate Sunset Shimmer was really a unicorn from a place called Equestria. Since then nothing could deny her proof of magical world of ponies but still had to face the nuisance of those who try to deny her belief.

"Yes, unfortunately." Lyra said disappointed.
"What will you do now?"
"I guess not go out with him? I mean I don't want someone getting on my nerves again about how there is no such thing as a Equestria!"
"Well you could always not mention it but that would be hard for you!"
"It will be!
"Well, what did Bon Bon say? She is your best friend!"
"She is but it feels sort of weird talking to her about this kind of thing!"
"Why?"
"I don't know. I felt it yesterday so I don't really understand it."
"Like, it's uncomfortable?"
"Something like that," Lyra said. She then remembers something about her friend now that they were on the subject on dating. "Derpy, didn't you use to go out with Flash Sentry?"

Derpy blushed a bit, "Yeah, but only for five months."
"Why did you guys ended your relationship?"
"Because it felt different from when we were just friends. We got along, we had fun but we just didn't feel like it was going to go anywhere. So we decided to just stay friends," Derpy explained. Her cheeks were in a shade of pink.

The door to the manager's office which they were standing close by opened. "Girls, please get back to work!" said the manager in a demanding tone. The girl's shrieked and speed walked back to the way to the lobby. When Lyra looked out at the tables, there was barely a lot of people. She pouted, "He didn't have to be so loud! There's hardly anyone coming in at this time!" She looks over at her friend. "Thanks for listening, Derpy!"
"No problem!" Derpy said smiling back.

Lyra's shift ended. She went into the locker room to get her regular clothes and put away her uniform. When she opened her locker, on the side of the door there was a note.

I heard you're having boy trouble. I'll help you. Meet me outside of work after you're shift is over. Sincerely, Sweetie Drops

Lyra gasped then hurried to get all her things ready. Outside, she looked around till she saw a shadowy figure wearing a long brown coat and hat standing be a lamp post. "Sweetie Drops?" she asks. The figure walks towards her showing off the blue and pink swirl hair much better in the light, "Who likes to know?"
"There was a note left for me saying you'll help me with my boy problem."
Sweetie Drops smiles, "It's been a while, Lyra. I thought you have forgotten me by now!"
"As if I'll ever forget the agent who has always helped me!"
"That's a relief! Now, to the mission! I got my car parked right here!" She says putting her hand out to the black sedan.

"You girls get home safe, alright?" The manager says as he walks pass them going towards the car behind the sedan.

"Yes, sir!" Both girls say.

The two get inside the black sedan and drive off. "So we're going to spy on him?" Lyra asked.
"Yes! We'll gather any information he won't obviously tell you!"
"Isn't this going too far? Isn't doing this not trusting him?"
"And if it turned out he has a waitress fetish, would you still like him?"
Lyra thought about it for a minute. "Well, it wouldn't hurt to see what he's like when I'm not around!"

They drove all the way to a University.
"Why are we at my school?" Asks Lyra.

"This is where the young man is living at. At the boy's dorm in this university."

"I never knew," says Lyra in awe.

Sweetie Drops parks away from the school, in a nearby neighborhood instead. From the compartment she takes out two grey clothing. She gives one to Lyra and the two girls change into them. Five minutes later they get out of the vehicle wearing the grey suits with matching caps and name tags. Lyra's name tag said Joe while Sweetie Drops name tag said Poe.

"Seriously? Joe and Poe? You could've thought of any better names?" Lyra questioned.

"As soon as you start a mission you got to use with what you got! And this mission started half an hour ago. Now let's move!" The two ran to the boys dorm building. They sneaked there way in pass the front desk and into the hallways.

"Sweetie Drops, what if he catches us and recognizes me?" Lyra worries.

"Mask in one of your pockets you can wear!"

Lyra takes out the mask and puts it over her mouth with the strings holding around her ears.

The two fake janitors go to the third floor. Down the hallway, they go inside the utility closet. Sweetie Drops takes out a tiny silver robot shaped as a pony. She throws it into the air vent. Next she takes out a small remote and a small sized monitor. "With this we can spy on him much easier!"

Sweetie controls the robot making it walk down the vent till they get to the boy's room. "Found it! Now let's see what kind of guy he is!" She turns on the camera into view to get a good look around the room. The girls gasped when they noticed on one side of the wall.

"Er...So uh...are you into these kind of guys?" Sweetie Drops asks. What the girls were staring at their side on the monitor was a wall full of drawings of Lyra in different kinds of maid outfits.

"If he's only drawing them it's fine...I guess," Lyra answers.

Suddenly the door of the room opened. In came in was the boy who liked Lyra. They watched as he sighed in relief. "Now I can go back to my projects!" He says happily. He opens the closet taking out a sewing machine and some fabric that was hanging in the closet. The guy places them on his desk and begins sewing the outfit together.

"Lyra, you noticed the inside of his closet?"

Lyra shook his head. She took a look seeing they were maid outfits. "You think if I asked the manager he'd let us wear them?"

"If Derpy modeled on one, probably."

"Well...I don't mind. I mean I love researching the mythology world of ponies so going out with a guy has a think for maid outfits may not be so bad plus the designs look really cute!"

"Then is the mission over?"

"yes. The mission is over, Agent Sweetie Drops!"


Morning at the Golden Hourglass.

Bon Bon was in the kitchen cooking up the morning breakfast meals.

"Hello Bon Bon!" Octavia greeted.

"Hey, Octavia! Do I need to make up non milk pancakes?"

"No. I just heard from Derpy that Lyra is going to keep seeing an admirer. You okay with that?"

"I'm not but if it makes her happy...I don't mind," Bon Bon says with a bit of her voice cracking.

Octavia looked at her sadly. She just nodded her head to her reply. "If you ever need to talk more about it, I'm all ears!"

"Thank you, Octavia!"

"What are friends for?" She smiled.

Author's Note:

What's up, dudes! It's been a while! I'll try to keep updating more as I can. I still have plenty ideas for this story!