• Published 30th Nov 2011
  • 1,696 Views, 12 Comments

The Lone Plum Blossom - Leoheartxx2



Far away from home, a pony tries to find a place to settle down...until fate lead Him to ponyville..

  • ...
7
 12
 1,696

Chapter 2- Tales from the Past

" Hey sugercube, how ma winona coming by? "

" Winona will be fine, she just got a few bruises....nothing that I cannot fix.....ohhh....by the way Applejack.....can you help me with a little favour??"

" Sure do. Now watcha need me to do for?? " Applejack ask.

Fluttershy wispers into Applejack's ear. After a couple of nods, the two ponies procede into Fluttershy'cottage. Fluttershy introduce Applejack to Jino and soon they started exchanging words. The conversation lasts until the late evening. As Applejack was about to take her leaves, she ask Jino.


" Hay Jino, since you got no place to bunk in how'bout you come back to ma place to stay for de night?? Big Mac ain't in town for at least a couple of weeks, so watcha say partner? " Applejack held her hoofs out , waiting for Jino's approval.
Jino had planed to look for an Inn to stay, but rubbing his coin pouch, hearing only a few clings, he sighed. Reluctantly, he agreed. Thinking back, Jino had been traveling most of the time and hardly sleeps, even walking far into the night from time to time without even a short nap to catch his rest. Just a week ago he nearly fell into a well as he was looking for water to drink. Fatigue and weak, he almost triped over , but was lucky to held on the wall of the well.

" Then we better get mo'ving. It's nearly dark. We sure ain't wanting to get lost heading back to ma place" Applejack tries to lighten Jino's mood with her sence of humour. Jino smiles and nod.




**************************************************************************************************


JIno follows Applejack back to where she stays. On the way, Jino stares into the horizon, watching the evening sun slowy setting down. Most of the birds would by then flew back to their nest, preparing to welcome the night. Leaves from the trees gently falls to the ground, some falls into the grass, some land on the dirt road. As Jino minds wonders off, he and Applejack arrives at a large farm, a huge barn in the center and endless amount of apple trees everywhere. Jino could'nt but let his jaw drop.

" I see you'e impressed. This here is Sweet Apples Acres! Home to de'Apples family, and all sort of apples....care to try?" Applejack took an red apples from a nearby barrel and gave to Jino. Jino accept the offering from her and sinks his teeth deep into the apple. God! They never tasted so sweet! His eye open wide, and in split moment he devour the apple whole.

"wow!!! Slow down the're partner, Ya don't what to choke on this apple. Com'e here and make ya'self at home." says Applejack as she gesture Jino to enter her home.

" My thousands apologies, it's just that from where i grew up, apples such as these are hard to come by. Even lucky ones are a little rotten."

" Well I'll be damn....ya'a too kind Jino. Do come in partner, I wann'a ya to meet my kin. HEY LITTLE SIS!! Come her'e. I've got a guest I want ya'a to meet!!"

A young filly came in moments later from a nearby room. "Watsup big sis?? Who're you?" The young filly raise her hoofs, points at Jino.

" Mind ya'a manner Applebloom. This her'e is Jino. He'lll be staying with us for cou'ple weeks, since Big Mac is at Appleloosa doing som'e work, I guess he won't mind if he sta'y here. "


" Well come in come in!!" Applebloom hopping slowly into the living room with glee. Jino and Applejack follow closely behind. As Jino lay his stuff on the wooden floor, Applejack noticed a ornamented box, with a piece of silk and a red ribbon tied across in a loop.

" My ther's one mighty fancy box ya'got there?? What's in it?"

" uhhUhh!! I bet it's some fancy music instrument or som'ething!" Applebloom squeal in delight.

" Well, this box is very special to me, and it's a piece of what i might call ' memories' " Jino slowly unwrap the box and putting the silk cloth aside together with the red ribbbon. A long black wooden like stick caught the attention of Applebloom's eye. She slowly walks in, her eyes home into the mysterious black object in Jino's mouth. In a quick twalt, comes out a long shiny metal blade. As Jino slowy wave it around, the steel blade hums in the air, sharp to the ear but somehow intoxicating to the soul. Both Applejack and Applebloom watches in awe. The tips of the blade shows a flower, a Plum Blossom, like those on Jino's Flank.

" I reck'on that thing of ur's have a something to do with ye'er mark? "

"How about I tell you both a little story?? A Tale from the past? " Jino place the blade back into the black cover and into the box.

" I wanan hear!! I wanna hear!!" Applebloom squee in glee. She immediatly scoot over to her older sister's side and look into her eye with those cute teary looks. Applejack look back at her, her eyebrow close in around her eye. Applebloom continue her barage of pleading and smiles. After a moment Applejack gave in. Since the night is still young, Applejack also join to listen.

" It all started when I was a young little filly like everypony was....in a land very far to the east, known as Peach Village. Born there from a proud family a white filly with and extraodinary mane of black and tip of gold. And as tradition goes. random item are placed infront of the new born. The family heirloom, the Katana was chosen along with a family crest." Jino further eleborate the story, making some gesture as he continues.

" Few years later that new born became a strong little filly. But there was a problem. The father of that filly had to go sumwhere for a long time. He made a promise that he will return one day, and upon his return he will teach the young filly the way of the samurai. Before he leaves he kissed the young filly head and gave a big hug."

" Wher'e he had to go? Who was he? What happen now??" question come out of Appleblooms mouth, ever demanding for answers.

" He had to go to War. As a duty calls, he had to leave all behind and protect what he cares most. His family and country. That proud colt was a skilled warrior, well-known for his swordsmenship and sence of Honour. " Jino reaches out and touch Applebloom'head. " But dark rainy day, a messanger came to the young filly's house. What he came to deliver was a box and a patch of letter. As feared by the family, that proud colt was severly wounded. On his death bed, he wrote a letter saying......


" My child, I fear that this time i will not be able to return before you. I am sorry that I have to break the promises we made. This war has taken a lot from me, but it has never waver me from whats important. You, my child....my only child....I pass this blade to you now, as it will no longer served me in death. I pray that it may help you. Remember me by my child....I shall leave you now, just as the season of the Plum Blossom waits for no pony...although I will no longer see your face, but always remember that if you are lonely, close your eyes and wield the blade into the sky and smile. Honour before Self my child....remember this, always....."

.........along with a letter, the box containg the family heirloom, the blade that will change the life of one filly forever. His eyes flows with tears, unable to hold it back. Sadness filled the atmosphere as his hearts ache and denial." Jino further pour out the content of his stories, but stop. Seems like somepony fell asleep.

" My my....their's goes ma sweet Applebloom. Asleep like an angel. Well, its already late....better gi't some sleep. Ya can have the room further do'wn the hall. I'll put here little filly to bed" Applejack yawn, as she picks up the already asleep Applebloom to her bed. Jino does the same and picks his stuff and head to the room further down the hall. As he enter the room he lay his stuff on the floor and jump into bed.

" Honour before self.....hmmmm.....its been too long dad....and i thought my journey was to leave my past behind. That old colt....*small laugh*....." Jino lay his tired head on the bed, and doze off....but his smiles seems to stay.......