• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 1,882 Views, 320 Comments

Raison D'être - mechafone



Following the tragic events of SCSD, Spark Storm must find a purpose for his life.

  • ...
4
 320
 1,882

PreviousChapters Next
Spark Meets Discord Preview

Hey, guys! I'm working on the lastest chapter for Raison Detre every day, so no worries, it'll get here eventually. In the meantime, I wanted to share this. This is definitely not the finished product. I've had this idea on my mind for a while now and I'm only just now getting around to start writing about it. Enjoy this short preview of Season 2!


Spark Storm stared up at the towering, long creature before him. It reminded him of the dragons from Neippon, but this creature resembled more chaos itself than a dragon. Spark had heard the stories of Discord once or twice. Celestia and Luna had both spoken of him in passing conversation. He had also seen the statue in the garden, but actually seeing him in real life was nothing short of terrifying. "Oh, it's so good to be free." the dragonequus said while stretching. He peered down at the dark pegasus before him, then laughed with mirth. There was a hint of derision there that made Spark want to zap this guy.

"Why, look at you! Now there's a laugh for the ages. A pegasus born without the natural ability to fly."

Spark looked beyond the creature, to the giant hedge maze that had popped up just moments before. He had intended to follow the girls in, but apparently the creature known as Discord had other plans.

Noticing the dark pegasus' look, Discord grinned and rubbed his mis-matched claws together. "You look like you've got something on your mind, kiddo. Are you going to zap me with your little lame wings?"

Spark set his feathers ablaze with wild electrical energy in a threatening display. "You won't think they're so 'lame' when it hits you, pal. Now I'm asking you nicely, step aside so I can go help my friends."

Discord narrowed his eyes at the bold pegasus. A cold, cruel smile crept over his face as he leaned close down to Spark Storm.

Not liking the distance between them growing smaller, Spark shot out several threads of energy at the draconequus. Discord only laughed and twisted around the attacks, dodging with his long, snake-like body. Reaching out, Discord touched a claw to Spark's forehead. He couldn't dodge forever, and he for one did not like being electrocuted, so he had to make this fast. "Think back, little pegasus," he said, his hypnotic voice droning in Spark's ears, causing him to cease his attacking. He fought for control of his mind and body, but Discord was steadily gaining strength against him. "Think years back...your mother is dead. Mean old River made sure of that with that little stunt with the fire. Now the whole village wants you gone. Think...how did that make you feel?"

Discord grinned as Spark steadily lost himself in the bitter memories of his childhood. "No, don't...don't make me..." Spark groaned as he felt an unfamiliar draining spread from his head over his entire body. At the same time, it felt good. It filled him with a power, a power to crush those that had hurt him. Spark's wings raised once more, and filled with electricity. This time though, the little threads dancing between his wings were black. Spark's own face was distorted with rage as he slowly turned in the direction of Ponyville. "It makes me feel...I want...revenge!"

PreviousChapters Next