• Published 13th Dec 2016
  • 1,767 Views, 78 Comments

Ponies in war - General Sparky



Ponies are meant to be thought that war was never going to happen, little that they know that the opposite is actually true. How would they react to the horrors of war? And could they even make it back to Equestria?

  • ...
20
 78
 1,767

Battle of Pearl Harbour

26 November 1941, Northen Japan, Perpective: Yamamoto

Everything was ready for the for the assault, with the addition of a carrier and a new battleship, Twilight said that the Yamamoto-class Battleship from Equestria was called ESS Harmony for some reason.

With their addition to the fight, we could capture Pearl Habour, but this means that the bombers must sink ALL ships there. I can't even imagine how would Sparky capture Pearl Habour with these ships around.

I was in one of the Yamamoto-class battleship escorting this fleet. My only hope is that this attack would suceed, nothing more, nothing less.


Perpective: Twilight

Thankfully or not thankfully, the Japanese Air Force gave us 100 planes to carry- 40 torpedo bombers, 50 dive bombers and 10 fighters. To be honest, the carrier could not handle such a large force, we already had 60 aircrafts onboard(including helicopters), which resulted in attack helicopters being place on deck first. Our carrier was somewhat of a flagship for this Operation due to its size.

Sparky and I will be part of our first move, Capture USS Enterprise, which was out at sea at this time. Then all hell will go loose. The first wave will be making their move at around 8 a.m. We will start landing troops via air and sea at our 9 a.m. They would reach Pearl Harbour at around 10 a.m. Sparky and I will join the troops at around 10 a.m.

I started that Personal Communication spell again and told Sparky, "Are you sure what we are doing is right?"

Sparky responded, "I don't know, I hope it is. I don't want to change History again like last time. But it is what I feel I should do until the Portal opened up again. I mean, no matter where we go, we can't hide this ship, right?"

"Right. What do you think about getting married?"

Sparky blushed and repiled, "I will marry you," he paused before continuing, "Hopefully. Once this war is over, I will not hesitate to marry you. I mean, everytime I tried, there is always something up."

"Yeah. Everytime we thought we were free of the war, it just keeps coming back to hunt us."

Both of us looked at the sea. Remembering the countless soildiers that died and some, we killed.

We have been wanting to marry for quite some time now, but this happened so it has to be postponed, again.

Deep in our minds, we couldn't wait for the day we put down our weapons and to see peace and no more bloodshed.


6 December 1941, nearing Pearl Harbour

We stood in front of the helicopters ready to take off.

Soon, the order was given and the Apaches, along with us, started to fly towards USS Enterprise.


Perpective: USS Enterprise

"Sir! Unidentified flyings object coming towards us!" a soildier yelled.

The CO of this carrier was Captain George D. Murray.

"Get me radio contact with those flying objects!" Murray shouted.

"Yes, Sir!"


A few moments later
https://static.fimfiction.net/images/interactive_pony/dash/fly_rainbow_left.gif
"Sir, it has refused radio contact!"

"Never mind then, get those planes in the air!"

"Yes, Sir!"

Planes were loaded on the deck in a hurry.

When the first plane tried to get off the deck, it exploded, along with the other aircraft on deck

The enemy 'planes' are starting to get closer.

In a deperation attempt, Murray ordered, "Get those Anti-Air(craft) guns firing!"

Soon the Anti-Air guns started filling the sky with explodsion and bullets.

But non of the enemy planes were shot down, and started to fire its weapons too. The enemy 'planes' started to take out flak and Anti-Air guns on the carrier but not sinking it.

Soon, there was two Mustangs started to approach the carrier. The carrier was under threat and so no one was on deck.

In what was thought impossible, the Mustangs changed into two ponies upon landing on deck and has started to enter the command deck.

The Apaches, for their part, started to land on the carrier.

Sparky and Twilight managed to incapacitate everyone on board using a spell and put them in the hanger, with the planes flown away by the Apaches' pilots.

USS Enterprise was captured within 30 minutes.


Pearl Habour, 8 a.m

Japanese Dive bombers and Torpedo bombers made their move. Bombs were being dropped to the unsupecting ships below.

A couple of Anti Aircraft lit the sky and managed to shot down or damaged some aircrafts. The military personel started to scrammble to their ships or aircrafts or Anti-air guns. Chaos was all over the place.

Some battleships were sunk while the others damaged. Those planes that could get off the ground was shot down immediately.

The ground troops started to try to save those in the sunken battleships or those afloat on the sea.

Not long after the first wave was over, the second wave made thier move. This results in all battleships being sunk or so damaged that it could barely retaliate. Despite the fact that some ships was not sunk, on 9 a.m, landing troops was being put into landing crafts, prepared to storm the beaches of Pearl Harbour.

A third wave was ordered, but not to destroy suppiles or anything like that, but was ordered to bomb any ground defenses that could interfere with the landing.

In what only added to the horror of Americian troops, wierd flying objects started flying overhead and started to rope down ponies armed with SAR 21 and MG 42. The ponies, which landed towards the south of the Harbour, was ordered to kill off any resistence but was also secretly ordered to save any person, still alive after the airiel bombardment.

Most of the Americian troops, demoralised and shocked by the speed of the attack, refused to fight. They surrendered almost immediately when they saw the ponies.

The ponies, in response, told them to save anyone still alive, be it in battleships or out at sea.

While the ponies are kinder, the Japanese are not. In the landing Crafts, they kill any Americian that was floating or trying to swim to shore.

Within 1 hour, Pearl Habour was captured at the cost of a couple of planes that was shot down or damaged. Whereas, the Americian casualties rose up to 8000 men, with the remaining 2000,some injured, surrending to the invading force.

On 10 a.m, Sparky and Twilight arrived in Pearl Harbour.

Seeing no flag being placed on Pearl Habour, they magically teleported two flags, one is Equestria and the other one is Japan. It was planted on the Ground, near an airfield, signaling that thier Forward Operating Base(FOB) should be made there.

The ponies, went to the rallying point, and started to get new orders:Prepare to defend this Harbour.

The Strike group has retreated and ESS Harmony would be deployed to fight in the Philippines, the only navy appoarching the Harbour was ESS Independence and USS Enterprise. Both of these ships would carry suppiles to build up their defensive positions. The Assault was over, but the Defence for Pearl Habour is just begining.


Perpective: USA

The Battle of Pearl Habour shocked the Americian public. The Japanese managed to not only surprise and destroy so much ships but also managed to capture Pearl Habour. This made the Americian public a bit indecisive about war with Japan.

But the thought of so many Americian killed managed to gather the public to demand war with Japan.

The Americian Congress, which still did not know that USS Enterprise was captured and the fact that it was actually done by Equestrian troops, voted for war with Japan. Despite the fact that Pearl Harbour has been captured, the Americian Navy could always rebuild. They have thirty three (now reduced to thrity-two) Aircraft carriers/ Escort Carriers in thier Navy. They have more Aircraft carriers than the Japanese.

The declaration of war only met with 55% approval from Congress, which was a bad sign.

The US high command started to invest more in the Pacific and the Atlantic. The US high command was also ordered to plan the taking back of Pearl Harbour, hoping to reduce Japan's sphere of Influence.


What the Americian don't know is that ESS Independence and the Equestrians will be the first trouble that they have to deal with, and not the Axis powers or the 'Vengeance for Pearl Harbour'


Trailer for next Chapter:

The US fleet strike back, but will it suceed depends on whether Sparky and Twilight wants them to suceed.

Author's Note:

1) Anyone is welcomed to ship Twilight and Sparky 2) Twilight and Sparky has Changeling powers?! :pinkiegasp: (Yes, It's true) 3) USS Enterprise is being captured by the Equestrians, removing its work to History 4) There is a lot of Action scenes in this battle, the next chapter will be the same 5) ESS Independence will fire its 25-inch gun soon, just wait a little longer.:heart: 6) Finally finished with this chapter, please comment so that I can improve this story for you guys. 7) This is the second 1000+ words chapter I have produced in a day, so if you have any complains, leave it in the comments below. :flutterrage:
That is all, General Sparky out.