• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 2,125 Views, 96 Comments

Star-Crossed School Days - mechafone



Join Spark Storm as he lives out the early days prior to a great destiny.

  • ...
3
 96
 2,125

The Truth

Spark stared at Rainbow Dash. Had he heard correctly? Rainbow Dash had spent all this time with him, had heard his story about his parents. She had given him information on a Pegasus that looked just like him, where to find him, only to tell him, at the front door no less, 'Oh hey, that's my uncle.'

This meant that he and Rainbow Dash were cousins. Biological family. He didn't know whether to hit her upside the head or hug her. His mind fought for control of his body, but that wasn't happening right now. Nope. Not today. He shut down, and promptly fell over onto his side in a dead faint. Too much info.


When he woke up, he was in a room outfitted with familiar and comfortable colors. It took him a moment to realize that he was in his own room. It was dark, it had to be evening. However, it wasn't hard to see the light-furred mare sleeping at the end of his bed. He didn't know whether to freak out or tell her to get out. Suddenly, the memories of the hours before came flooding back to him.

Okay...Gotta get this straight, he thought. Don't freak out. All right, so...Sapphire is sleeping in my bed. I know where to find my parents...and Rainbow Dash is my cousin. Did I leave anything out? No? Ok.

Sapphire stirred from her sleep, feeling eyes on her. She gave Spark a small smile, and simply laid there, waiting for him to say something. Finally, he sighed and got up slowly and went to cuddle up against her. He closed his eyes, a blush blazing across his cheeks. He didn't really mind. He was mostly embarrassed when others saw him getting flustered over a filly.

Sapphire, for the first time in their friendship, felt a blush creep along her cheeks as the younger colt snuggled with her. He'd never paid her this kind of attention willingly, especially not this close. It made her happy, and a little nervous. But he was so warm, and he was being so cute. She stretched out her wings and blanketed him with her snow white feathers. In the silence, she kissed the top of his head and pulled herself closer. The two of them fell asleep together.

Spark Storm woke up sometime in the morning, sunlight shining on his face as an incentive to awaken. He blinked away his sleep, then glanced down at the beautiful filly beside him. She'd stayed in that exact spot all night, and even longer. How long had he been out before waking up in his bed last night?

He tried to get up, and found himself entangled in her forelegs and her wings, which were laid stretched out around his shoulders. As pleasant as this was, he really needed to relieve himself. He nuzzled her, but it just wasn't working. She was out like a light. He sighed and prodded her with a hoof. Finally she opened her eyes. Their eyes met, and she smiled. "Hey, Sapphire..." He whispered to her. The very sound of his voice sent her heart all a-flutter.

"Y-yes?"

"I've really gotta pee."

Sapphire gasped and got to her hooves to let him up. He instantly scampered out of his room to take care of nature. Sapphire sighed and shook her head inwardly. She hopped down off his comfy bed and headed downstairs to the dining area. Cherry Joy was there, making some coffee. It smelled heavenly. Cherry turned, noticing hoofsteps. She broke into a huge grin and went to give Sapphire a huge hug. She'd been really hoping she'd get some time alone with her before she had to tell Spark what happened the previous day.

"Hey there, Sapphire. I wanted to thank you again for bringing Sparky home yesterday." She said upon releasing the filly. She went to get a cup of coffee and offered the foal some, which was declined with a giggle.

"I'm almost six, ms Cherry. I'm not old enough for coffee." Sometimes that mare could be so scatterbrained...

Cherry laughed with a hint of embarrassment. "Er, right. So...are you ready to tell me exactly what happened yesterday? Ditzy and Rainbow took off awfully fast after you all brought my son home." Sapphire nodded with a heavy sigh.

"Well...we got up to Cloudsdale just fine. We had a policepony escort us to Roving Gale's place, and then...well, seems Rainbow Dash kinda forgot to tell us that Roving Gale is her freakin' uncle." Cherry twitched at the vulgar language.

"Oh, and then I guess it was really too much for Spark. He fainted." Sapphire giggled quietly as she remembered bringing him home. None of the mares wanted to tell Cherry Joy just what happened, so they'd all left for home. Only Sapphire had stayed, and had practically begged to be allowed to stay in his room until he'd awoken.

Cherry Joy seemed to take this all in quietly. After a moment of thought, she brought her coffee cup up to her lips and gazed at Sapphire with the eyes of a meddling mother. "So, Sapphire, does the crush my son have on you go just one way?" The white Pegasus froze. She smiled mysteriously and turned to face Cherry and opened her mouth to speak.

The toilet flushed. Sapphire closed her mouth once more and glanced awkwardly around the room until Spark Storm entered the room. Immediately sensing the tension, he took a single step backwards back into the hallway. "What did I just walk into? Should I leave?"

Cherry just smiled at Sapphire, who returned the look with an even more ambiguous smile. She hopped down from her chair and went over to hug Spark briefly before making her way to the door. "I better go. I think you two have a lot to discuss." She politely excused herself, and was gone before Spark had time to register her departure.


Sapphire practically skipped on her way home. Her heart was aflutter, and had been since staying the night with Spark Storm. He had finally accepted her affection. Spark's mother even caught on to the way they were so close, and their conversation, while a bit one-sided and awkward, had filled Sapphire with such bliss that she didn't notice her mother when she got home. Thus, she missed the terribly sad look in her eyes as well.