• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 872 Views, 2 Comments

A Stampede to Remember - ShadowGear



A Changeling breaks the one rule he's been taught to follow and makes a friend. Now he must find a way to save his new friend from a horrible death.

  • ...
 2
 872

Chapter 8: Gathering

The Buffalo village was crowded with a great many warriors. Inside the largest tent were four Buffalo, each of them wearing a war bonnet decorated slightly differently for the tribe they led and their individual achievements. Little Strongheart was sitting on the side as an observer to prepare her for future meetings when she leads the village.

"Chief Thunder Hooves, I heard about that little Changeling problem you had in this village of yours," said Chief Flame Tongue.

"Yes but that's not what worries me. It's actually the strange power that Changeling possessed. Have you ever heard of a Changeling using magic or about one that doesn't feed off of hatred?" asked Chief Thunder Hooves.

"I don't think I have. Why would it be-"

"Chief!" yelled a voice from outside. Everypony looked towards the entrance to see a Buffalo with one of his horns replaced by stone.

"What is it Stone Horn?" asked Chief Flame Tongue.

"I have scouted the valley like you've asked but there is something wrong. My party was attacked by a group of Changelings that are occupying our land. I escaped but they killed Folly and Ludicrous," said the Buffalo with a horn replaced by carved stone.

"What did they look like?" asked Chief Thunder Hooves.

"They all looked strange. They were all smaller than regular Changelings and they were blue rather than red,"

"Those are the ones I've been telling you about!"

"What could've possibly attracted those monsters to our holy grounds?" asked Chief Flame Tongue.

"It doesn't matter! Let me lead the warriors and we will attack before dawn," said Stone Horn.

The room went quiet for an entire minute before Chief Thunder Hooves broke the silence. "You have my full support on this."

"But father! What about Sclerite?" said Little Strongheart in a worried tone.

"Sclerite? Those things have names?" asked Stone Horn.

Everypony ignored him. "This Sclerite. Is he your friend?" asked Chief Flame Tongue.

"Yes..." answered Little Strongheart.

Just before Little Strongheart could say anything else Chief Flame Tongue spoke. "Those fiends! They've poisoned the mind of an innocent child with their lies! We will make them pay in blood!"

"Wait-"

"Enough!" yelled Chief Thunder Hooves which silenced the room and made a few Buffalo outside turn to see what was going on. "Stone Horn prepare the warriors for battle. They have until high noon tomorrow to leave and if they are still there, we will flatten them!"

Little Strongheart protested "But father-" but it was too late. The others were already on their way out leaving Little Strongheart alone. She needed to warn her friend before he could get killed.