• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 872 Views, 2 Comments

A Stampede to Remember - ShadowGear



A Changeling breaks the one rule he's been taught to follow and makes a friend. Now he must find a way to save his new friend from a horrible death.

  • ...
 2
 872

Chapter 5: Reunion

Perched on the top of a hill stood three Changelings all peering down at the small village. From their vantage point they could see the Buffalos roaming around.

"I can't believe Sclerite came here. What could have possessed him to abandon his post and wander off?" Carapace asked out loud to himself causing Elytra to glare at Fang.

"I don't know how we would find him. He could be disguised as anything," Fang said.

"Actually I think that's him right there," Elytra said as she pointed a hoof towards the Changeling sitting by a campfire with a group of Buffalos.

"That doesn't look good. We will have to be quick if we're going to rescue him," said Carapace. "Now... disguises on and let's go," he said as the entire group was consumed by green fire and shapeshifted into Buffalos.


"...So the next day I had my first few lessons with the Queen. The first thing she taught me was the levitation spell which was the same spell I used on Little Strongheart when the fight broke out. I will say it wasn't exactly easy but she taught me how to use magic which was something other Changelings rarely used because of how much power it would take to cast a simple spell. She told me I was an exception though because I was more powerful than the rest or something like that. I don't exactly understand why I suddenly found it easier to cast spells today though," Sclerite finished.

That was when Sclerite noticed that the area was suddenly crowded. He then looked at Little Strongheart who looked impressed with what he was able to accomplish in his story. He quickly stood up when he realized how much time he had spent on his story.

"Look I really have to go now! My commanding officer is going to be really mad if I stay for another minute," he said as he prepared to fly off.

"Too late!" said Carapace as he shapeshifted back into his Changeling self and flew into the air to get past the crowd.

"Major! Look I can explain," he said nervously as he noticed Elytra and Fang appear from the Buffalos.

"I gave you a direct order to stay at the camp until I returned! But instead you decided to run off by yourself and we had to track you down. Do you have any idea how long it took to find you?" Carapace said with growing anger.

Sclerite couldn't think of a response so instead he decided to accept whatever happened next. "What is my punishment sir?" he said with defeat in his voice.

"You are lucky. I am not going to punish you because Queen Formic wants to see you as soon as possible. We are going to her Hive tomorrow morning and I expect you to clean up your act before we arrive. Is that understood soldier?"

"Sir yes sir!" Sclerite yelled and flew into the air.

Little Strongheart in the meantime couldn't believe what she was seeing. How could Sclerite let him treat him like that? Before she could say anything though the Changelings were already on their way out of the village.

"Wait!" she called out but she couldn't keep up with the flying figures on foot. They disappeared into the night sky.