• Published 7th Nov 2016
  • 426 Views, 53 Comments

Dragon's Treasure - Bahamut0



A story highlighting Rarity and Inferno's relationship.

  • ...
4
 53
 426

Chapter 4: Meet the parents

"Ahh. This soda tastes even sweeter knowing I handed that creep's butt to him for trying to make a move on you.", Inferno said with a satisfied smile on his face.

"My hero.", Rarity said. "You know I realize something."

"What's that?"

"I never got to introduce you to my family. I'm sure they'd love you!"

"I've got nothing better to do. So why not?"

"Wonderful!" With that, Rarity led Inferno to her house, and introduced him to her parents and her sister. "Sweetie Belle, Mom, Dad. It's my pleasure to introduce you to Inferno Flare. My boyfriend."

"Hi!"

"So you're the young man who's captured Rarity's heart.", her Mom said. "Looks like she hit the jackpot."

"I did too when she became my girlfriend.", Inferno said with a smile.

"You certainly seem like a nice enough young man.", her Dad said with an approving smile.

"He is. In fact today, he beat an unwanted suitor in a duel.", Rarity said with a fond sigh.

"Like in one of your romance novels sis?", Sweetie Belle quipped. Rarity blushed at hearing this.

"Well, um, moving on!"

Inferno let out a chuckle. "That was a good one! Rarity also tells me you like to sing. Though you might like to know I sang for her on our first date."

"Cool! What song?"

"I sang an english cover cover of an anime song."

"Anyway, we were planning on meeting Inferno's parents next. We'll be back soon.", Rarity said as she and Inferno took their leave. "So how did you plan on getting us to your place?" Inferno smiled as he activated his dragon powers and sprouted his wings.

"Hold on tight.", he said with a smirk. Rarity held on to him as he flew over to his house. "Home sweet home.", Inferno said as he unlocked the door and Rarity in with him. "I'm home!" Rarity took a moment to take in Inferno's house, and noticed what looked like a poster with a guy that looked like Inferno.

"You didn't tell me you were in a band. You look like the lead singer of one of those older rock bands Rainbow Dash listens to."

"That's not me. That's my dad.", Inferno replied.

"Where do you think he got his singing voice.", Inferno's mom said. "Pleased to meet you. I'm Cinder Flare. Inferno's mom."

"A pleasure to meet you too.", Rarity said politely. "I'm Rarity. Inferno's girlfriend."

"Looks like you've found your dream girl.", Cinder said with a smile.

"You kidding? She's my treasure. And I'd guard her with my life."

"Your father said something like that when we started dating."

"So why did Inferno's father quit music?"

"So I could see my son grow up.", Inferno's dad said as he walked in. "Hope you're not disappointed that I'm home early."

"Hey dad!"

"So who's this young lady?"

"My girlfriend. Rarity."

"So you're the one who stole Inferno's heart. Name's Ash. Ash Blaze."

"The pleasure is all mine.", Rarity said as she shook his hand. "Not many people would give up the life you had. From the looks of that poster, your band was pretty popular."

"We were. But then again, I wasn't your typical party-animal rock star. My band and I usually managed to avoid trouble, but it found me when I heard Cinder playing. She was our lead guitarist, and we were pretty close. And one night, I asked her out. One thing led to another, and eventually we got married. It was no surprise that one day she wound up pregnant with Inferno. By then me and my bandmates had enough of the limelight, and we disbanded on pretty good terms. I found a steady job, and got to see my son grow up. He got his singing voice and hair color from me, but his skills with the guitar are solely from Cinder."

"Wait. Those streaks of red aren't hair dye?"

"Nope. I was born with hair like this. Dad said it was because we've got a bright inner-fire.", Inferno said. "Anyway, I better get you back home now."

"It was lovely meeting you all.", Rarity called out as Inferno flew her home.

"You know Rarity, I think I know why you like diamonds so much."

"Oh? Why's that?" Inferno soon landed in front of her house.

"Because you're perfect.", he said as he kissed her goodbye. "See you tomorrow my treasure.", Inferno said with a bow.

"You too. My handsome dragon.", Rarity said with a curtsey.

"You do realize how old school that was right?", Inferno said with a chuckle.

"Yes. But you're the one who started it.", Rarity said with a smirk as she closed her door.

"Well. Now my parents are probably going to have a lot of questions about my first date...", Inferno thought out loud as he went home.