• Published 5th Nov 2016
  • 1,575 Views, 27 Comments

Canterlot High Ends With You - Golden Flare



In the aftermath of the Friendship Games, Twilight and Sunset both end up dead and are forced to play the Reaper's Game to regain their lives...and those close to them.

  • ...
5
 27
 1,575

Prologue

“I understand you, Twilight, and I want to show you the most important magic of all…” Sunset said as she smashes Twilight’s device and undergoes a transformation similar to the latter's, but more akin to the light, “...The Magic of Friendship.”

Twilight, now transformed Midnight, witnessed this in fear while Sunset’s friends watched in confidence as she used her powers to seal the portals Midnight opened up, frustrating her. In the anger, she attacked Sunset as the latter charged forward to block. Midnight pushed back and got ready to charge her magic to blast Sunset, and Sunset did the same, hoping to collide in the middle.

But it didn't.

The magic attacks flew past each other and blasted Sunset and Midnight out of the sky in a flash of light. When it died down, Sunset and Twilight, both reverted back to normal, lay on the ground, unmoving. Applejack slowly walked over and checked their pulses, and what she said shocked everyone to their core.

“No pulse...they're dead.”

Some of the students began to cry, most of them hung their heads in mourning, but Cadence, she outright bawled her eyes out, saddened by this turn of events. Principal Cinch came out of hiding, saw the corpses, and proceeded to sneak away, only to be caught be Vice Principal Luna.

“And just where do you think you're going?” she asked.

“Well, um…” Cinch tried, but Luna was having none of it.

“Don't bother. I could hear the singing a mile away. You and your students convinced Twilight Sparkle to unleash the magic...and the blood is on your hands.” Luna faced the Crystal Prep student body, “The blood is on ALL of your hands.”

Everyone from CPA hung their heads, not in mourning, but in shame for basically bringing about their fellow classmate’s murder.

“You’ll be taking full responsibility for everything that happened here.”

“And if I don't?” Cinch challenged.

Luna glared at her in pure hatred, “...Then I'll call the police, and tell them that you OD’d these two with pain killers.”

Cinch paled and swiftly nodded in rapid succession. Celestia and Luna picked up Sunset and Twilight respectively and carried them bridal style into the school to prepare them for their funeral…

...And something else.

They stopped in the middle of the hallway and Celestia turned to Luna.

“Lulu. It's time...for the ‘Game’.”

“Are you sure, Tia?”

“I'm positive. Sunset has just regained the trust of the student body and our world’s Twilight has yet to experience the Magic of Friendship, and I'm not going to lose either of them because of a demented principal from Crystal Prep.”

Luna nodded, and reached into her pants pocket, pulling out a black pin marked with a white skull. Celestia did so as well and pulled out the exact same pin, and they attached them both to the beautiful corpses. They stared at each other in uncertainty and continued to the nurse’s office.

They had a funeral to plan.

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER CLOSED

Author's Note:

The World Ends With You belongs to SQUARE ENIX and JUPITER

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls belongs to Hasbro Studios and DHX Media

Golden Flare and Wayward Shadow presents...

Canterlot High Ends With You