• Published 3rd Nov 2016
  • 1,724 Views, 53 Comments

My Little Pokemon: Dusk and Dawn (REWRITE PENDING) - DarklordAxel20



With her crown stolen and the Crystal Empire attacked, Twilight must venture to a world unknown to her, a world filled with wonderful creatures, with the help of friends, new and old, she'll travel the Eques region and get her crown back at all cost

  • ...
8
 53
 1,724

Last Minute Training

Canterlot Trainers Academy, The Next Day

Twilight had awoke rather early, both Spike and Eevee were still fast asleep. She couldn't help but give a small smile as she looked upon the two of them. " Just sleep you two, it's still early, at least from what I can tell, " using what time she had remaining before the school day officially began, Twilight read entries out of her pokedex, learning as much as she could about the pokemon that she had seen so far.

Eevee's sensitive ears twitched as she slept, the sound of Twilight tapping on the pokedex seemed to be enough to wake the small pokemon. After letting out a tiny yawn, she raised herself off the ground, turning towards Twilight, " Vee, vee. " The small pokemon rubbed herself against Twilight's body in order to get her attention, which proved to be quite effective rather quickly.

Feeling the pokemon's body touching against her own, Twilight looked down, laying her eyes on her partner pokemon, " Well hey there Eevee, " she spoke in a hushed tone, trying her best to avoid waking Spike and Caterpie. " Did you sleep well? " she gently caressed the pokemon's head, laying the pokedex down to give her full attention to her partner.

" Vee, Eevee, " she looked up at Twilight with her naturally gleaming eyes, while this particular Eevee is normally a timid pokemon, it had grown rather attached to Twilight in the day she had known her. Whether it be the fact she didn't care if Eevee evolved or be it a naturally strong bond between the two, Eevee didn't seem to care which it was.

" Heh, " Twilight let out a small laugh as she picked her partner up into her lap, " I wonder what everypony back in Equestria will think when they see you, cause I know I can't just leave you here. " She had thought several times about Equestria since she arrived, Twilight wasn't sure if her adapting to this world would somehow effect her life there.

Time seemed to have gone by quickly, until eventually the academy's bell rung for the first time of the day, being loud enough to wake Spike up from his usually deep slumber. With a loud snort, Spike shot upwards, not even wiping the drool off his face as he frantically looked around, " Huh what?! I'm awake! " had it not been for Twilight placing her hand on his shoulder, Spike would have shot through the closet door.

Twilight giggled as she held back her adoptive brother, " Easy there Spike. There's nothing to worry about. "

Spike blushed slightly with embarrassment, " I...uh...I knew that. I definitely didn't think something bad was going on. " He wiped his face clean, dusted himself off, and straightened up his clothes before looking at his reflection in a mirror that had been hung up in the closet. " So Twilight, " he started talking, " What's uh...what's on the agenda today, " he softly rubbed his Caterpie's head, which was poking out of his coat pocket at the moment.

" Ree, ree! " Caterpie squealed eagerly, almost as if it too wanted to know what was going to happen today.

Twilight knew exactly what today held in store for her, aside from Equestria, It was the only thing that had been on her mind throughout the night. " We're going to get my crown back, " as she spoke, she could feel herself flooding with confidence.

" Vee? " Eevee looked at Twilight with a curious expression, unsure of what she was talking about.

Twilight looked down at her partner, noticing it's expression rather quickly, " Oh, that's right, " she gently rubbed the Eevee's head, " I never told Eevee why we were here. Eevee, we're here because someone named Sunset Shimmer took something that belongs to me and we're going to get it back. "

" Eevee, vee? " Eevee still didn't quite understand what Twilight was talking about. Just like most domestic pokemon, Eevee had a decent comprehension of what human's were saying, especially with all the time she spent with Celestia.

" Uh, Twilight, " Spike started talking as he opened the closet door, " I don't think Eevee exactly understands. Maybe she just needs a little more time, heck maybe we won't need to explain, maybe we'll get home fast enough that it won't be necessary. "

Twilight gave a nod while following him through the door, " You could be right Spike. Still, we need to hurry. Time is of the essence. "

Spike rubbed Caterpie's head while he walked, only partially hearing what Twilight was saying, " Yeah you're right Twilight. " He smiled as he tended to his new partner, the closest thing Spike had to Caterpie before was the phoenix he had hatched, but even then he had to give him up. " Don't worry Caterpie, you and me are gonna be the best of friends, " since he found Caterpie the day before he had internally hoped that he wouldn't have to give him up.

The duo and their partners made their way into the academy's hallways, Twilight made one observation upon stepping out of the library, it was just as bustling and wild as yesterday. " Um..Spike...stay close to me, alright? " She could feel some of her newfound confidence slipping just at the sight of all the people.

Spike let out an audible gulp as he placed himself as close to Twilight as he could, "...You don't have to worry about that...Caterpie and me are stuck to you like...like..something sticky. "

" ...Veee... " Eevee hid her face in Twilight's arms. Cowering at the sight of so many humans was only natural to her at this point in her life.

" Don't you worry, Eevee, I've got you right here. Nothing bad will happen as long as- " she was cut off by someone grabbing the back of her shirt and dragging her into a dimly lit hallway nearby.

" I can't believe I didn't recognize you before, it was so obvious! " Twilight's eyes widened as they spotted the owner of the voice standing before her, Sunset Shimmer.

" ....You... " Twilight held Eevee close to her, gritting he teeth and glaring at Sunset.

Sunset chuckled as she looked Twilight over, all while rubbing her Flareon's head. " I should've known Princess Celestia would send you after the crown, It's just like her to do so. " One thing caught Sunset's attention as she looked Twilight over, Eevee. " Oh my what an adorable little Eevee you have there, it seems you're not a total drag after all. Of course, it's no match for my Flareon, especially with that ridiculous everstone hanging around it's neck, " she went to reach for the necklace, only to have Twilight turn away quickly.

" Don't touch her! " Twilight's glare grew sharper the longer she looked at Sunset.

"...V-...veee.... " Eevee cowered in Twilight's arms, holding her precious everstone closely in her tail.

" You don't have the slightest clue about anything in this world do you? " Sunset awaited a response from Twilight, but her silence was more than enough for a solid answer. " Heheheh, " she chuckled at Twilight as she did her best to hide her face. " Just as I thought, so don't go getting any ideas about the tournament either, I'M going to win and I will be getting MY crown, got it! " She gave a confident grin before walking off, " Come now Flareon, we've got a little training to do. "

Twilight balled her hand up into a fist as she watched Sunset's figure disappear into the crowd of students, "...Don't you worry Eevee....we're gonna stop her...I promise that. " Upon making her way back to the bustling hallway, Twilight immediately noticed two things were missing, two important things, "..E-Eevee....Wh-where are Spike and Caterpie?! " Twilight looked around frantically, trying her best to spot the duo in the somewhat thinner crowd, but to no avail, the two were gone. "...We lost them Eevee... " but before Twilight could break down and start panicking, something peculiar, yet familiar, caught her attention, rainbow hair.

The rainbow haired individual eagerly made her way through the halls, pokeballs grasped in each hand, and a smirk on her face. Her eagerness left her unaware that she was being trailed by a lost and confused Twilight, who at the moment, was following her out of curiosity. She came bursting through the double doors of the academy, rushing out onto a well tended field covered in grass, trees, and bushes along with a symbol strikingly similar to a pokeball, only it was all white. " Let's take to the skies you two!! " she hurled the pokeballs as high as she could into the sky, her smirk only growing wider as they popped open, releasing her two pokemon into the sky.

" Uuuuuunfezant!!!!! " the first bird pokemon cried out loudly, it was adorned with mostly grey and green feathers, but what stood out the most was the regal mask-like crest on it's face.

The second pokemon took a nose dive, speeding right by the rainbow haired figure. " Starrrrravia!!! " it's cry echoed throughout the field as it sliced through the air just above the field, it's brown feathers flowing as it flew.

Twilight held Eevee close as she made her way out onto the field, however the second the two bird pokemon had been released from their balls, her eyed had remained glued on them. "...Incredible... " she could barely keep up with their high-paced aerial movements as she watched them.

" They really are incredible huh? " the rainbow haired girl said towards Twilight, catching the princess off guard and causing her to jump back a few feet.

Twilight's eyes were as wide as possible, she had given herself away earlier than she had planned on with her comment. " Uh..um yeah they are...really incredible, " she shook her head, getting her mind off the pokemon and back on the person standing before her.

The girl rubbed her chin as she eyed Twilight, " Hmmmm, I don't think I've ever seen you around here, you must be new then, is that right? "

" T-that's right, " Twilight gave a hasty nod as she replied.

" Heh, " the girl gave a small chuckle before speaking again, " Figures, otherwise I would've instantly recognized ya, and you would've instantly recognized me too. "

" ...I-I would have? " Twilight asked hesitantly, trying her best not to seem suspicious.

" Yeah you would have, everyone recognizes me, " she gave a confident grin and a big thumbs up, " My names Rainbow Dash! but you can call me one of the best trainers Canterlot academy has to offer! "

Her two pokemon landed on the ground right next to her, seeming even bigger up close. " Unfez, " the crested pokemon raised one of it's feathery wings upwards, almost as if it were greeting Twilight.

The other pokemon however, did not give any such greeting, instead it stayed hidden behind Rainbow Dash. " These are two of my three partners, Unfezant, and Staravia. Their my flying aces, " she tenderly rubbed the heads of the two pokemon, obviously caring for them a lot.

" Their amazing Rainbow Dash, OH! That's right, I almost forgot to introduce myself.. " Twilight blushed slightly.

Rainbow Dash simply waved her hand aside, " That's alright, a lot of people get that way when they're around me. "

After letting out a loud exhale, Twilight continued speaking, " My name is Twilight Sparkle, this is my partner Eevee, it's nice to meet you Rainbow Dash. " Twilight smiled as she introduced herself to her best friends otherworldly counterpart.

" Vee! vee, Eevee " Eevee said, introducing herself just as Twilight had.

" Eevee huh, " she leaned in towards the small pokemon, initially causing her to hide herself. However Rainbow Dash simply grinned while she was up close, " It's nice to meet ya Eevee, I can just tell you and Twilight are awesome partners. "

Rainbow's kind behavior confused Eevee, "...V-veee? " so far only Twilight and Spike had treated her in such a way.

" You...you really think Eevee and I are...awesome partners? " Twilight wasn't sure how to react, she was still new to being a trainer after all.

" Uh huh, I sure do, " she continued to give her confident grin, but for a brief moment it left her as an idea popped into her head. " And ya know what? to prove just how awesome you two are, let's have a battle, your Eevee against my Staravia, how's that sound? "

Twilight however was taken aback by the sudden request, " A...a...a battle?! " she had no clue how to respond, never had she expected this to happen.

" Yeah a battle! " Rainbow Dash replied enthusiastically, " A battle would be an awesome way to get to know one another, along with our pokemon! what do you say, it'll be super-awesome!! "

" I...I don't know.. ..I-I mean, We're still new to this whole trainer and partner thing...I mean I just received Eevee yesterday...I don't know if I'm ready to battle or not... "

"...Veee... " Eevee nestled against Twilight, trying her best to bring her spirits up.

" That's even better! " Rainbow's voice boomed with enthusiasm after hearing that, " If you two are new at this then a battle is the perfect way to tell if you're awesome partners or not! " she pumped her fist into the air eagerly.

"...Well.. " Twilight looked Eevee, Rainbow Dash's words quickly sinking in making her think things through rather rapidly.

" Well??? " Rainbow Dash asked impatiently, even if Twilight was a new trainer, a battle was a battle in her eyes.

Twilight gave a confident nod, " Alright then, Rainbow Dash, I accept, we'll have a battle. " In the brief moment Twilight had thought over the battle proposition, she had remembered every little detail about Eevee's moves that she had read about last night. "...I still don't know much of what I'll be doing, but...but we'll do our best! " Twilight's confidence came rushing back to her tenfold.

Rainbow Dash's grin grew, " Now that's what I like to hear! " she could feel her blood pumping from the sudden excitement.

While Twilight couldn't feel the excitement as Rainbow Dash, she could certainly feel the exact same enthusiasm as her. With a few deep breaths and her own mental reassurance, Twilight was as ready as she'd ever be. " OK then Rainbow Dash, let's do this, " her voice overflowed with confidence as she spoke.

" That's the spirit! " Rainbow Dash exclaimed, " Since you're ready to get started, go to the other side of the field and we'll get started. "

Twilight did just that, she and Eevee made their way to the opposite end of the battle field. Their spirits burned with a passion that was unknown to the both of them, but it felt right despite this. Twilight looked down at her partner, " Eevee, I still don't know much about battling, only what I've read up on, but I promise we'll do our best together. "

Twilight's confidence had spread to Eevee, making the usually timid pokemon abnormally spirited, " Vee, Eevee! "

" Alright you two!! " Rainbow Dash cried out from the opposite end of the field, " We're gonna show you newbies just what being a trainer is all about!!! Staravia let's rock their world!!!!! "

As Rainbow Dash raised her fist into the air, the smaller of her two bird pokemon flew to her side with great velocity. " Starrrravia!!! " the bird pokemon cried out energetically, the eagerness for battle was as visible as the sun above.

A grin could be seen on Rainbow's face even from the other end of the field. " You know I'd normally let new trainers take the first turn, but I'm feeling something special about you, so I won't go easy! "

Twilight audibly gulped in response to what Rainbow Dash had just said, " N-not even a little? "

" Not even a little! So think fast!! " Rainbow held her hand outwards, pointing towards Twilight and Eevee, " Staravia!!! let's teach em' a thing or two!!! Use aerial ace right off the bat and earn us a quick victory!!!! "

Right as the command was given Staravia shot off as fast as it's feathered body could carry it, moving so fast that the air around it became solid white lines created by the sheer amount of speed, " Starrrravia!!!!!! "

Twilight froze up, she hadn't expected Rainbow Dash to start off so suddenly, " Hey wait a second we weren't ready! "

Rainbow Dash only chuckled, " Cmon you're a pokemon trainer now, you've got to always be ready, now defend yourself or we're gonna net that easy win!!! "

Twilight began thinking as hastily as she could, " Alright...alright....Eevee's just got to defend herself..we got to fight back.. " Twilight's thinking was interrupted however as the speeding bird pokemon went from being yards away, to being mere feet away from Eevee. " OH no! " but before Twilight could start panicking, an idea popped up in her mind, an idea she hoped would work, " Eevee!!! use quick attack! "

Eevee looked back at her trainer, unsure of what to do, " ...Vee... " But as their eye's met the unsure feeling left Eevee, filling it with confidence once more. " Eeeeevee!!! " and without warning, Eevee shot off at speeds that mirrored Staravia's. Twilight watched in amazement as the small brown pokemon moved so fast that a white streak of light formed behind it as it moved.

" ...Incredible... " Twilight stared in awe at Eevee's movement.

Even Rainbow Dash was taken aback by the sudden burst of speed, nearly catching the trainer off guard. " Staravia!! Fly up to dodge it!! "

Even when following it's trainer's command Staravia just barely avoided the rapid attack from Eevee, " Star?!! "

" Vee! " Eevee cried out as it made a sharp u-turn while keeping it's speedy attack going.

" Eevee try again!! " cried out Twilight.

" You're gonna need more than speed to beat us! " Rainbow Dash declared, " Staravia use double team!! "

" Staravia! " suddenly a flash of light came from staravia's body, resulting in several other identical pokemon to appear around it.

" Wh-what the hay just happened?! " Twilight was stunned. She had read about the move double team and it's ability to duplicate a pokemon, but she hadn't expected so many to appear.

" Heh, I knew that'd work, alright Staravia win this using wing attack!! "

Without warning, the flock of Staravia duplicates was right on Eevee, even with it's speedy movements. Each one's wings were glowing brightly as they descended on the small pokemon. " Star, Staravia!!! "

"...Veeeee... " Eevee felt as if her legs could give out at any moment, but at the same time she knew if she stopped moving she was done for.

" Eevee try using shadow ball on that one in the middle!!!! " Twilight cried out in desperation.

Eevee came to a screeching halt before quickly turning towards the flock of Staravia. " The small brown pokemon opened it's mouth wide, letting a purple orb of shadowy energy to build up.

Rainbow Dash began laughing, " You're definitely new to being a trainer, otherwise you'd know that ghost type moves don't do a thing to a normal type pokemon like my Staravia. "

This didn't stop Eevee from firing the orb right at the Staravia in the center of the flock, striking it directly and leaving smoke pouring off of it's body, " Ee, Eevee!!! "

But this time it was Twilight who cracked the grin, " You're right Rainbow Dash, it won't do a thing. " Twilight's words confused the rainbow-haired trainer, " I might be new to battling, but one of the things I did read up on is a normal types immunity to ghost types! "

" Yeah so what, it still didn't do anything, " Rainbow spoke with a cocky attitude.

" You're right, it won't do anything damage-wise, but it did just give away the real Staravia, cause if it had been a duplicate it would've passed right through! Now Eevee use tackle attack on the one in the center!! "

" Uh oh, " Rainbow Dash hadn't thought about that.

" Vee vee vee vee!!! " right as the command was said, Eevee rocketed forward with great force, striking the flying pokemon in the body and launching it backwards.

" Star-!! " while it had managed to catch itself in the air, Staravia still suffered some serious damage from the sudden tackle.

The events that had just unfolded caused a different kind of grin to form on Rainbow's face. " You know I was wrong about you Twilight, " she started talking, " At first I thought you were just some newbie trainer with a little eagerness for battle, but so far you've shown me that you're more than that. You're a pure blooded trainer with fire deep down and a passion for battling whether you know that or not, and that's why I'm gonna send you off with a bang!! "

Twilight smiled at Rainbow Dash's words, " You really think so Rainbow Dash- wait, send us off with a bang?! "

" That's right, a great big bang!!! Staravia Fly up high and finish this off with a brave bird!!!! "

" Star, Staravia! " the bird pokemon shot upwards, going so high that ti was no longer visible.

" ...This isn't going to end well...Eevee stay on your us...stay on your toes! ...Yeah that's what they are... " Twilight could feel sweat pouring from her forehead as the anticipation of what was about to happen built up.

" NOW STARAVIA!!!!! " Rainbow Dash cried out loudly.

" STARRRRRAVIA!!!!! " and with a mighty cry, Staravia took a steep nosedive towards the ground. Halfway towards the ground the bird pokemon's body became enveloped in a blue flame-like energy, almost as if it's spirit were burning around it's body.

This sent Twilight into a panic, she didn't know what to do or how to react, all she knew was that the battle was over. Even so, Twilight took one last deep breath before crying out her own command, " Eevee meet it in the middle with a quick attack!!!! Give it all you've got!!! "

" Vee!!!! " She shot off as fast as her little legs could carry her, moving even faster than before. " Veeee!!! Veee!! Eevee!!!!! "

" STAARRRRRAVIA!!!! " and in a flash of bright light, the two pokemon collided, resulting in an explosion and a cloud of smoke and dust to kick up wildly.

" Eevee!!! " Twilight called before suddenly reeling back as the dust from the explosion blew in her direction.

Rainbow Dash watched as the dust faded away, and when it was all gone, she couldn't help but just stare at the results, " No way. "

It was tie! The pokemon had knocked each other out in mid attack, resulting in a draw.

Twilight was shocked, she didn't feel so well about seeing Eevee injured, but she hadn't expected this to be the outcome. She quickly made her way to her fallen pokemon, and cradled her in her arms. " Eevee....eevee are you alright..? "

Eevee slowly opened her eyes and looked back at Twilight, " ....Vee... " her cry was weak, but it was enough to assure Twilight that she was alright.

Rainbow Dash gave a small smile as she recalled her own pokemon back to it's pokeball. " You know, you're the first person to ever tie me in a pokemon battle, and you're supposed to be a newbie at that, well I'd say you got what it takes to be a top class trainer. " She reached into the pocket of her backpack and pulled out a berry that was blue in color, " Here, feed your Eevee this oran berry and she should feel better in no time. "

" ...Thank you Rainbow Dash... " she held the berry out towards her injured pokemon's mouth, and let out a sigh of relief as she watched her eat it.

" You know something, " Rainbow Dash suddenly started , " I'd have to say you've got more than what it takes to be a top class trainer, you've got exactly what it takes to beat that stupid grin right off Sunset Shimmer's smug face. "

Twilight wasn't sure how to react at first. " Wh-what do you mean Rainbow Dash? "

" Don't play dumb Twilight, " she grinned as she spoke, " Everyone in the school knows you're the mysterious new girl in school who signed up for the tournament that Sunset always seems to win. "

" I-I am? " Twilight held Eevee closely to her body, making sure her partner pokemon was alright.

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes, " Yeah you are, now quit playing dumb already. "

A small tint of blush could be seen on Twilight's face, " ...Sorry...I'm just not sure what I'm gonna do..I mean I signed up so suddenly, and I'm still new to all this. "

A small chuckle escaped Rainbow Dash's lips, " You might be a newbie trainer, but if I hadn't already known that I would think you really are talented and you're just holding out on me. "

" Wh-what do you mean by that Rainbow Dash? " Twilight curiously asked.

Rainbow Dash replied with a facepalm, " I'm saying you got some natural talent, sure our battle wasn't very long but you still gave me one of the best battles I've had in a while. "

Twilight was surprised by this, " Did I really? I mean you've had to have had better battles than me...haven't you? "

" Nnnnnope, " replied Rainbow Dash in a casual manner. " In all honesty the only good battles I get are from Applejack, but I get tired of battling her only for us to reach a stalemate, and I refuse to battle miss queen of the academy. "

" ....Sunset Shimmer... " Twilight replied with a mumble as she slowly slipped into thought.

However Twilight was abruptly pulled from those thoughts by a slap on the back by Rainbow Dash, " Well I'll tell you something Twilight, I'll be rooting for you in the tournament, but you'll never win if you don't practice. "

Although Rainbow Dash's words were blunt, she knew they were the truth. " You're right Rainbow Dash...but uh...how should I practice? "

Again, Rainbow Dash brought her hand to her forehead, " Just walk around the academy, battle a trainer or two to build up skill, anything to make yourself a better trainer, but you should hurry you only got a day. "

Twilight's jaw hung wide open as Rainbow Dash walked away, " ...Only...a day.... " She let out an audible gulp and hung her head, " ...Spike...where are you when I need you..? "

Back In the Academy Moments before Twilight and Spike had Gotten Separated

Spike quickly looked around, he couldn't see Twilight anywhere, he could barely see at all. Every inch of the hallway he was in was covered in students, making a tight squeeze even for him. " Uhhh..excuse me...excuse me...pardon me... " he apologized repeatedly as he made his way through the crowded halls. It wasn't until he spotted an open door leading into an empty room that he let out a sigh of relief, " ... Just...got to make it there... " As he made his way towards the door, the crowd became progressively smaller and smaller, that didn't stop Spike from tripping and falling right over the threshold of the room, "Oh this day can't get any worse. "

" Oh dear, are you alright darling? " a voice asked Spike, a voice that sent a chill up the former dragon's spine, but in a good sort of way.

Spike's eyes moved upward, eventually landing on the most beautiful thing he had seen so far in this new monster-filled world. " I-I I uh... " Spike mumbled as he tried his best to find any words at all that could come out of his mouth.

Caterpie made it's way out of Spikes backpack, looking on upon it's trainer in confusion. " Ree? " the young bug pokemon turned it's attention towards the person standing before his trainer, still unsure s to why he was acting this way.

" That certainly was a nasty fall you took, please allow me to help you up , " the kind owner of the lovely voice offered her hand out to Spike.

" I-uh..um..thanks. " Spike had a hard enough time getting that single word out, he was sure how to react if she wanted to engage in a full conversation. Not wanting to be rude, the green-haired boy reached out and took the beautiful strangers hand, allowing her to help him to his feet.

The person before Spike stood around the same height as Twilight, with deep blue eyes, and royal purple hair. " Oh how rude of me, " she began, " I nearly forgot to introduce myself, my name is Rarity, and you are? "

Spike felt like his heart would explode at any moment, " There IS a Rarity here....Oh I don't want to make Rarity jealous but...can she really be jealous of herself? "

Both Rarity and Caterpie looked at Spike as an awkward silence filled the room. " Ree, ree? " Caterpie nudged his trainer with his snout, trying to snap him out of whatever trance he was in.

Thanks to Caterpie, Spike quickly snapped himself out of his love-induced trance, " Spike! uh my name is uh, Spike. " He gave a sheepish grin as he spoke in a severely nervous tone, " Oh,uh and this...is-is my friend Caterpie. "

Rarity clasped her hands together as she looked upon the small bug-type, " How simply adorable, why I remember when I made a Butterfree inspired dress for my little sister's birthday. "

" Yep, she's definitely Rarity, same gorgeous voice, same sparkly eyes, same tendency to ramble on about clothes without noticing. " " I'm...I'm sorry for suddenly crashing in here... " Spike apologized, still nervous, just not as much. " You see I got separated from my uh-my sister, because we're new here and still don't know our way around...and I guess you could say I got swept away from her... "

The purple haired seamstress couldn't help but feel sorry for the boy standing before her. " Oh you poor dear, well I'll tell you what Spike, " She smiled as she spoke her sudden idea out loud. " You can stay in here with me while my Pokemon and I work on these latest dresses, in fact, maybe your Caterpie could help me, their silk is just perfect for sewing. "

Spike couldn't believe it, she was offering to let him stay in here with her. This was an opportunity he just couldn't refuse, however he couldn't act overjoyed otherwise he'd give off the wrong impression. " Caterpie and I would be happy to help, " the boy smiled proudly.

After giving a smile of her own, Rarity then whistled loudly, " I'd like you to meet my pokemon, while I have more than these two, I rely on them the most. "

It only took a few seconds for two, four-legged pokemon to make their way towards Rarity. Luckily for Spike he had the pokedex within the reach of his back pocket at so he could quickly identify the new pokemon.

The first of the two to step forward was a feline pokemon. It's front half was a light shade of blue, with it's back half being pure black, yellow stripes were adorned near the bottom of it's front legs. It's face was blue but the rest of it's head was all black, and atop it's head sat a small matching tuft of black fur.

" Luxio, the Spark pokemon. Strong electricity courses through the tips of its sharp claws. A light scratch is capable of causing fainting in foes. " the Pokedex read out.

The luxio made it's way to Rarity before laying at her feet, " Lux. "

" Luxio huh, so cool, " Spike thought out loud.

However before Spike could say anything else the second pokemon came into his peripheral vision. The pokemon was another quadrupedal pokemon, however this one looked more reptile than mammal. It stood on it's four legs at about the same height as Luxio, it's body was a purplish-pink with the insides of it's ears being teal. A long horn sat atop the pokemon's head, as well as two long ears resting on each side of it's head. " Nido, " it's voice was quite deep, catching the former dragon off guard.

As it became fully visible the Pokedex activated, " Nidorino, the Poison Pin pokemon. It is easily angered. Its horn is harder than a diamond. If it senses a hostile presence, all the barbs on its back bristle up at once, and it challenges the foe with all its might. "

Spike's eyes widened to the size of saucers as he read the part about it's horn, " H-harder than diamond?! Is that even possible?! "

Rarity only smiled as she knelt down and rubbed the purple pokemon's head, not even bothered by it's horn. " Whether it's true or not doesn't matter to me, he's my little prince and has been since he hatched from his egg. "

Spike's initial shock had quickly vanished once he saw how happy Rarity was with her pokemon. " Wow Rarity, you sure do love them don't you, " he himself looked up at his own pokemon, smiling as he did so.

" I most certainly do, " her smile remained as she spoke, " I have more back home, most notably a Purugly but she doesn't really enjoy coming to school with me. " " You see Spike, while most people who do fashion tend to have pokemon with hands or psychic abilities, I prefer my darlings. "

Caterpie crawled off of Spikes head and down to the floor where it could greet the new pokemon up close. " Ree! Ree! " it joyfully squealed as it introduced itself.

" Luxio, " the electric feline gave a small nod as it returned the introduction.

Next was Nidorino, " Nido. " The poison pokemon didn't seem to care much for the bug-type being there, but still acknowledged it anyway.

Rarity gave a bright smile, " Why they seem to be getting along just swimmingly. " It suddenly dawned on the seamstress that she had been working on a dress when spike suddenly fell into the room. " OH! that's right, I had almost forgotten that I need to finish this dress before the tournament tomorrow. "

" We can help if you'd like Rarity, " Spike gave a wide grin and a thumbs up, showing that he was the man for the job.

Another smile came to Rarity's face, " Why thank you Spike, with the extra help I'll get this dress done in no time. " But before she could get back to working on it, one important question came to her mind, " You wouldn't happen to know a thing or two about sewing would you darling? Otherwise this might be a bit tricky. "

Spike only grinned and walked up next to her with Caterpie, " I've got a little experience, a friend back in my old home town likes sewing too. "

Present Time, Just Outside of the Academy

Twilight sighed as she roamed the edges of the academy. There hadn't been a soul in sight, meaning there was no one to battle, " So much for getting some practice in. " Twilight let out a saddened sigh, " I'll never get my crown back at this rate... "

" Veee, " Eevee looked up at her depressed trainer, which in turn made the small pokemon equally saddened.

After walking for some time, Twilight eventually opted to simply rest underneath a nearby tree. " I'm sorry Eevee, I don't mean to seem so depressed, I won't give up yet, so much depends on us winning that tournament. "

Eevee gave a nod, " Vee, " if Twilight was going to keep trying, then so was she.

Right as Twilight was about to close her eyes in an attempt to ease her mind, the sound of another persons voice caught her attention. " Slow down already Houndoom!! "

Twilight shot right up at the sound of the unknown persons voice, " Hello? is someone there?! " However a person never showed, instead a large black canine came leaping over her head before running into the nearby clearing. " What in Equestria is that?! " the former pony leapt backwards from the sudden appearance of what she could only guess was a pokemon.

" I said wait up Houndoom! " the voice became much clearer as it made it's way towards the exit of the forest.

" What now? " was all Twilight could say before something else came leaping over her head. This time it was a person, " What's with all the jumping?! " However her confusion and slight anger soon left as she and Eevee looked upon the stranger and his pokemon " Houndoom " .

" I told ya to wait up! My legs don't go as fast as yours do you know! " the trainer scolded his pokemon in a somewhat comedic manner, as the pokemon simply shrugged it off.

The pokemon standing next to him was a black horned canine with a several bone like ornaments adorned over it's body, and at the end of said body rested a pointed tail. " Doom, houndoom, " the pokemon said with a calm disposition, obviously not bothered by it's trainer raising their voice.

" Don't you give me that! I don't care how many Pachirisu there were that is no excuse to leave me behind in the forest! " It was obvious to the trainer that getting upset wasn't getting him anywhere, so with a sigh of defeat he quickly formed a smile on his face.

" J-just who are they? " Twilight silently questioned as she stared down the trainer before her.

He was a tall young man with decently lengthened black hair. His eyes were the strangest, but most alluring shade of violet, almost as if they were blended with the color red. Lastly were his clothes, the trainer seemed to have a unique sense of fashion, he adorned a short, light black vest with a plain gray t-shirt underneath. It was the clothes on his lower half that really took the cake for unique, he wore a pair of black pants and wrapped around his waist was a matching black coattail, except it was attached to his belt rather than his vest.

" I can't stay mad at you, " the trainer knelt down and began rubbing the horned pokemon's head, causing it as well as himself to smile.

" Um excuse me! " Twilight called out to get the trainer's attention. " Hi there.. " she innocently waved trying to seem as friendly as possible.

" Hiya! " he cheerfully returned the wave before making his way over to her.

Twilight quickly took notice of the height difference between the two of them upon seeing him up close. At first twilight wasn't sure what to say, so far everyone she had met was a counterpart of someone she had either seen or personally known. but this person was completely new to her. " I uh, I'm...I'm Twilight Sparkle, pleased to make your acquaintance, " she gave a sheepish smile as she forced ehrself to say something to avoid being awkward.

" Twilight Sparkle? Man the names in this region are something else. " While his comment might've sounded judgmental at first, Twilight could easily tell that he spoke with amazement more than anything. " Well Twilight Sparkle, you can call me Junior! " he gave her a thumbs up accompanied by a very proud grin.

Twilight gave a small grin of her own, " Junior? what an interesting name, " she verbally noted. " If I'm not mistaken that means you share a name with your father, right? "

" Yup, that's definitely right, " Twilight was intrigued at how nonchalantly or carefree he was with his responses. " My full name is Axel Lucille Ryder the second, but that's way to long so I opt for everyone to just call me Junior. " Just as he spoke with a carefree voice, he also wore a carefree grin on his face as he spoke.

As she took in everything he was saying, Twilight sat Eevee down on the ground, who when placed on the ground made her way towards Junior's pokemon. " That is a mouthful, I see why you'd use a smaller name, " before they could delve further into the subject Twilight quickly changed it so that she wouldn't waste anymore time. " Um, Junior can I ask you why you were out in the woods with your...? " She hadn't the slightest idea what his pokemon was called, so she was hoping that he would tell her.

" Houndoom, he's a Houndoom and he's been my best friend since I was a real little thing, " he replied with a joyful smile.

The smile alone was enough to make Twilight smile as well. " What were you and Houndoom doing out in the woods anyway? "

Her question caused the young man to smile sheepishly and rub the back of his head nervously. " We were uh...We were originally just roaming around and then we sort of, got lost... "

Twilight honestly didn't know what to think about his explanation, " How do you just "sort of" get lost?! Was he not paying attention at all where they were going? "

While Twilight was thinking to herself about the explanation, Junior's eyes fell on her Eevee, who was cautiously sniffing his Houndoom. " How cute, " was all he said as he watched the two pokemon interact.

" V-Veeee? " Eevee eased further towards the larger black pokemon, only to caught off guard by Houndoom's tail swinging towards her. " Vee Eevee!! " the sudden movement of the tail caused the normal type to rush back over towards Twilight.

" Houn? " The Eevee's behavior confused the canine pokemon, but rather than dwell on the pokemon's actions he simply shrugged them off.

However Eevee's cry was enough to snap Twilight out of her thoughts, " Eevee?! Eevee what's wrong?! " She hastily lifted the pokemon up into her arms to calm her down.

Junior simply chuckled before kneeling down and rubbing his pokemon's head, " She just got a little spooked was all. " " Say, " Junior suddenly got a thought from looking at Twilight and Eevee, " It's not hard to tell that you're new to being a trainer, so why don't you and me have a battle, I just might be able to help you hone your skills. "

Twilight was baffled, this was exactly what she had been looking for ever since she left Rainbow Dash, but she hadn't imagined she'd find a trainer like this. " Y-you wan't to battle me and Eevee? "

Junior gave a strong confident nod, " I sure do, it'll be the perfect practice for you, we both have one pokemon, and your Eevee looks like a pretty tough pokemon. "

" Alright then Junior, we'll battle you then, " Twilight began to feel the same rush she was feeling earlier, and she was still unsure what the feeling was. He's a total stranger, although a nice one and that, but I need this battle, otherwise I won't know if I'm ready to get my crown back or not... "

Without hesitation Junior and Houndoom made ran a good distance away from Twilight before stopping. " Alright Twilight I hope you're ready! " He spoke eagerly as he raised his fist in front of his face while giving a confidence-filled grin.

Twilight sat Eevee on the ground then clenched her hands together tightly, " I am! ". while she was still very much new to all this, she was still had to try her best, it was the only way to get her crown back and get home.

" OK then I'll let you get the first move in so don't hold back! " he exclaimed from where he was standing.

" M-me go first...well....alright then... " Twilight hadn't expected him to let her go first, especially not after her battle with Rainbow Dash. With a deep breath and a loud exhale, Twilight had quickly prepared herself mentally for the ensuing battle. " OK then Junior, here we go! EEvee go on and use quick attack!!! "

" Vee! " Eevee shot off right as Twilight gave the command, running rapidly with the white streak following right behind it. " Vee vee vee veee!!!! " the smaller pokemon cried out multiple times as it picked up speed.

However something concerned Twilight, Junior hadn't given Houndoom a single command, the two were simply standing there. " Just a little more Houndoom, " the two watched as the Eevee rapidly drew closer, to there point where it was mere feet away from his pokemon. " Houndoom dodge it now!!! " he called out loudly.

" Houn! " and without any hesitation whatsoever, the black canine pokemon leapt out of the way of the quick attack with ease.

" He's so fast! " Twilight's eyes widen as she watched the opposing pokemon move out of the way at the last second. Despite this Twilight kept her cool and decided to give Eevee another command, " Eevee go for quick attack again! "

Eeve gave a nod before rocketing towards the Houndoom once more, " Ee, Eevee!! "

But still the Houndoom evaded the speeding move. " Houn! Houn! Houndoom!! " it dodged over and over again, almost as if it were testing the Eevee's speed.

" Alright Houndoom enough playing around, show em' what you're made of and show off your iron tail!!! " Junior pumped his fist into the air as he gave the command, and for some reason this made Twilight worry.

" Houn!! " the pokemon nodded towards it's trainer before leaping high into the air with the use of it's four powerful legs. It's pointed tail suddenly began glowing white before suddenly gaining a metallic shine to it.

" Eevee watch out!!! " Twilight cried out, but it was too late, the dark type pokemon was already descending towards her Eevee.

" Houn!! Houndoom!!! " with a few mid-air spins, Houndoom came crashing down with it's tail, slamming the metallic appendage down with enough force to shatter the ground beneath it and send Eevee flying with the shockwave.

" Eeveeeeee!!!! " the smaller of the two pokemon cried out in pain as it was sent rolling away across the hard ground beneath it's feet.

Twilight took a few steps forward and held her hand out, " Eevee no!!! "

" Don't ease up Houndoom!!! Iron tail one more time!!! " called out Junior.

" Houndoom!!! " the canine pokemon rushed towards the downed Eevee with it's metallic tail and swung with all it's might, launching the Eevee high into the air.

However despite the powerful hit, Eevee remained conscious and was even able to straighten itself out in mid-air. Twilight saw this as the prime opportunity to strike, " Eevee you're safe up there!! Hit him with a Shadow ball!! "

Eevee gave her own nod at Twilight before opening her mouth wide. Still in the air, Eevee quickly charged up the ball of shadowy energy, " Eevee!! " and launched it at the grounded Houndoom before landing safely next to Twilight.

Even with Houndoom's great speed, the mid-air shadow ball still caught him and Junior off guard, leaving him helpless as the shadowy orb slammed right into him and detonated. " Yes direct hit!! " Twilight practically shouted as she pumped her own fist into the air with joy.

but suddenly a voice came from within the smoke, " Houndoom flamethrower!! "

" Raaaah!! " with a mighty roar, a stream of flames erupted from within the smoke and flew right at Eevee.

" Eevee watch out!!! " Twilight's voice echoed across the battlefield, but Eevee couldn't move out of the way while she was still in the air.

" Vee?!!? " Eevee's eye's widened as the searing hot flame's came flying towards her. Fear filled her small body, making her helplessly freeze up before finally being hit by the fiery attack, " Eeeveee!!!!! "

" Eevee nooo!!!! " rushed onto the battlefield and gave a great leap in order to catch Eevee before the flames could carry her any further.

Junior's eyes widened the second he realized thing's had gone too far, " Whoa! Whoa! Houndoom time out! " He threw himself in front of his still battle-ready pokemon, stopping it from doing any further damage.

Twilight cradled the slightly singed pokemon in her arms as she was on the brink of tears, " ...Eevee...are you OK...I'm sorry I put you through that...please forgive me... "

" ...Vee... " Eevee's voice was faint, she had been through more today than she had ever been through in her whole life and as a result was out of energy.

Not one for being ignorant towards others, Junior rushed over to Twilight and knelt next to her to check if Eevee was alright. " ...I'm so sorry...I didn't expect Houndoom to put that much power into his attack... " He genuinely felt responsible bad Eevee's injury, " ...I got caught up in the heat of the battle and because of it your pokemon got seriously hurt... "

In response to this however, Twilight shook her head, " ..Don't blame yourself, there was no possible way to know that the attack could hurt Eevee this bad... "

But Junior knew this wasn't true, " ...Twilight there's something I need to tell you... " The guilt was quick to build up within Junior's kind heart, " Houndoom was...holding back for most of the battle...I've had him so long that he's the strongest and at the moment, only pokemon I own... "

" Wh-what are you saying Junior..? " Twilight wasn't quite sure what he meant when he was explaining, the only thing she cared about was Eevee.

" ...I'm saying any single slip-up with our attacks could've injured Eevee this way...I just got so excited at the thought of a battle that I didn't stop and think of their power difference. " Junior hated seeing an injured pokemon, it was one of the few things he couldn't stand.

But again, Twilight shook her head in response, " ..That still doesn't make it your fault...if anything it's my fault. " Twilight softly rubbed her pokemon's head, " ...I wanted to get some practice with battling because tomorrow is a very important event for me...but I guess I went and overdid it.. "

Junior reached into the side pocket of his bag and pulled out a plump yellow berry and proceeded to break it into two halves. " Here Twilight, feed this to Eevee and she'll feel much better, " he could see a look on her face that told him she was unsure of whether to take it or not. " Hey don't worry, that's a sitrus berry, it works sort of like an oran berry but a lot better, see watch, " he whistled towards his canine companion to get his attention, " Houndoom catch! " He gave an underhanded toss and flung the berry half in the direction of the pokemon.

" Houn! " the dark-type gave an eager leap and caught the half of a berry before happily eating it.

Twilight watched in amazement as the few little energy the pokemon had lost quickly returned to it's body. " Well, so long as it helps her.. " she fed the berry half to Eevee in small pieces to make sure she could eat it all.

Once Eevee had eaten the last piece of the berry she was noticeably healthier in appearance. The eyes of the small brown pokemon popped open before blinking a few times, " V-Vee?? "

" You're OK!! " Twilight hopped to her feet and quickly hugged her partner, " I was so worried, Junior is there anyway at all I can repay you. "

" Nope! " he said with a casual grin, " We're friends so I'd gladly do anything for you, " he gave the purple haired girl standing before him a proud thumbs-up along with a sincere grin.

" We-We're friends? " Twilight didn't know what to say, one second they were battling strangers, the next they're friends, " But we're total strangers. "

" That doesn't matter to me, I'm friends with everyone I battle, " he kept the grin on his face going strong, proving the sincerity of his words.

Twilight was astounded, the only pony, or person in this case, that was this friendly that she knew was Pinkie Pie. Everything about him was sincere, his voice, his behavior, even his actions, if there was one thing that didn't fit his personality it was the dark brooding clothes he wore, but as she was taught when she was a filly don't judge a book by it's cover. " I imagine if you're friends with everyone you battle then you must have a plethora of friends in different places, Twilight stated in amazement.

" I sure do! " Junior replied with a smile, " I like thinking of a battle as me getting to know someone, you can learn a whole lot about a person by the way they and their pokemon battle. "

" Vee? Eevee? " Eevee looked at Junior, almost as if she were asking if she were his friend as well, to which he replied by rubbing the shy pokemon's head.

" Is it possible for pokemon battles to tell so much about a person...if so...what did he learn about me, " Twilight internally pondered the thought, at least she had been until Junior tapped her shoulder.

" Uh, are you alright Twilight, you sort of just spaced out there, " Junior scratched his head, wondering what Twilight was thinking about so hard that she would space out like that.

" OH! Sorry about that, just got lost in thought, " she gave a sheepish smile and rubbed the back of her neck.

Junior gave his own smile, " Hey don't worry about it, it happens to the best of us. " Suddenly a thought came rushing to his mind, " Hey I have an idea, Twilight you said you need to get ready for some event tomorrow, right? "

Twilight nodded, " It's the academies tournament, I need to win in order to get....something important to me. "

" It's settled then! " Junior pounded his fist into his opened hand and gave a firm nod.

" Wh-what's settled?? " Twilight asked in a slight confused manner.

" Our battle taught me that you and Eevee both have some potential hidden down in you, and I'm gonna use the rest of today bring some of it out. " Junior was practically bursting with enthusiasm at the thought of his idea, " I'm gonna give you a speed training session on battles, how they work, and a few tips to help you on the fly! "

" You mean you're going to train me?! " Twilight took a step back in slight shock, first he states that they're friends and now he says he'll train her. " I-Isn't that a bit much? I mean... " but she was cut off by Junior putting his hand on her shoulder.

" Don't sweat it, I said I'd do anything for a friend and I mean anything, with my help you'll win that tournament for sure! " his thumbs up was replaced by a clenched fist, showing that he was serious about what he was saying.

" So...you're really going to spend the rest of today training me? a total stranger who you didn't knew existed a half hour ago? " Twilight still questioned why he'd offer to do such a thing, but deep down she knew this was exactly what she needed.

" Yup, " Junior nodded. " And once my mind is made it stays that way, so get your game face on cause you, me, Eevee, and Houndoom are gonna spend the next few hours working our tails off on making you into a grade-A trainer. "

Twilight couldn't help but smile, " If what he says is true, then I'll have my crown back for certain!! " She gave a nod of her own before holding her hand out towards him, " Alright Junior, I accept your offer, please teach me whatever you can. "

Junior extended his own hand out and shook hers, " Anything for a friend, I'll do my best to teach you everything you'll need to know, so let's do it to it!! "

" Let's do it to it?? " Twilight repeatedly in a confused tone, " What the hay does that mean? "

Junior simply shrugged, " I'm not really sure, but all I know is I say it whenever I'm pumped up about something, and I am definitely pumped up about helping a friend. "

Twilight continued to smile at both Junior, and Eevee, " Well alright then, let's do it to it then Eevee! "

Author's Note:

Hey there again ladies and gentlecolts, It's me again, and in case some of you who only follow me for this story and missed my update in one of my others, my computer has been busted for the past month or so and it's prevented me from writing at all, but now that I've gotten a new one I'm back in action. The same situation happened to this story that happened in my other, I was halfway through with it whenever my computer bit the dust, so if the writing of the story suddenly takes a shift at one point that's why and I probably didn't notice, however this might not be the case because I went back and read over making sure everything matched up, if you do notice a slip up then you are far more perceptive than I am. Anyway onto the story, this chapter introduces the first OC appear, one of my own, so there's your first clue that Twilight will be leaving the school very soon, so those of you still interested, get your characters ready, you don't have to send them in just yet, I will inform you when you'll need to do so, as for now just enjoy the story as it is and stay tuned, I'll see you all again next time :twilightsmile: