• Published 2nd Nov 2016
  • 1,174 Views, 11 Comments

Secret Service: Operation Anthropology - Kaliann25



Agent Lyra Heartstrings from the Secret Service finds a secret about herself, a secret she didn't wanted to know; a secret that will turn her entire world upside down

  • ...
9
 11
 1,174

002

Police station, city of Des Moines Iowa; Thursday 6:04am

Lyra opened her eyes looking around. She was surrounded by… two humans? And where the heck was she? Then she looked at her hands beginning to panic again but took a deep breath and tried to concentrate in what was going on right now.
Her left hand was assured to the chair she was with something that reminded her hoofcuffs, handcuffs maybe? Dear Celestia this whole thing was so weird.

Finally she examined the two humans in the room, they were two police officers, the one in front of her was a gently-looking man about fifty and right behind her a young one in his twenties perhaps.
Lyra wasn’t sure what was going on but she could tell those two seemed genuinely worried about her.

“Are you alright young lady? Did you want us to bring you something to drink? Tea, or a cup of coffee… cold water?”

Lyra shook her head gently happy that their somehow spoke in Equish.

“No thanks. Where I am? What happened to me?”

The older cop sighed and exchanged a look with his partner.

“Where do I start young lady? You entered town screaming and running like crazy until you fainted. Witnesses thought you were high or something but when you were translated to the hospital they took some blood samples and the only drug you had on your system were the sedatives they gave you”

“Okay, I was in shock, I get it. Where I am? What happened next?”

“Right now we’re at Des Moines, Iowa. Do you have any idea how you arrived this town? Any idea who are you?”

Lyra looked around again, this time to dissimulate. As a trained spy she was aware that she won’t have to tell everything she knew. Now, until she find more answers she must play along.

“My… my name is Lyra and that’s all I remember. Sorry but that’s all I remember, I’ve never heard about Des Moines, Iowa or anything. I just want to go home please!”

“Precisely… we don’t know where it is. We checked you while you were unconscious and we didn’t find anything; no cellphone, nor ID. Not even a wallet”

Lyra was internally struggling to not to panic again.
She have heard about many spies who ended up like her: stuck in a foreign country without any documentation and completely lost; but being stuck in another world was something new. The only thing she was sure is that Sweet Pea was going to pay, she didn’t know how or when but he was going to pay. I just hope I can see Bon-Bon again.

“Young lady, young lady!” Insisted the older cop.

“Eh, sorry I was just… trying not to faint again…”

The cop nodded in understanding looking at the fear tears that ran from Lyra’s eyes. Seriously, what could they do in a situation like that?
By her way Lyra was evaluating the choice to fight, knock down the cops and run away but considering the situation that could be stupid, especially considering she didn’t know anything about human weaponry or how many agents were in her current location.
At the end she just cried in fear.

“What I am supposed to do? WHAT?!”

The other cop hugged her in a desperate attempt to calm her down.

“Don’t worry miss. Ey, what about we give you a fresh cup of chocolate… take a blood sample and compare your DNA with the national database?”

The older cop nodded.

“We can give it a shot. Maybe we’ll locate some relatives”

Lyra nodded, even if she knew all too well that they won’t find anything about her in their database. At least it’ll give her a chance to study the place and think in a plan to escape. She knew Sweet Pea will try to open the portal to the human world again, so she needed to be free in order to take her chance to return home.
So she looked at the cops and smiled weakly.

“Okay, take your blood sample”

They moved to the forensics office where they took a new blood sample to analyze it.
Lyra took a look of her surroundings, as a trained spy she quickly memorized every hallway and possible shortcuts to the main door. No matter what she had to escape but first she had pretend to gain the cops’ trust. Waiting, analyzing, she was a trained spy for something.

They made her lay on a stretcher to put a needle in her forearm to collect some blood. Then they gently asked her to wait while they analyzed the sample.
It was relatively quick but as soon as Lyra looked at the fifty-years-old cop she knew something bad happened.

“What?!” She asked gulping.

“We have a match… it was a unsolved case from sixteen years ago”

“Eh?”

They gave her a printed file about a strange case:
Sixteen years ago a man called Thomas Michelakos, a relatively famous writer, lost his daughter under mysterious circumstances. No one knew what happened, the baby just disappeared after a lighting storm. The Michelakos called the police, hired the best detectives money could buy, even offered an extremely generous reward to whoever took their daughter but nothing; the girl was just gone…

“…until now” mumbled the cop.

Lyra paled and began to tremble in her chair.

“No, no… NO! This is a joke, A SICK JOKE! THIS IS NOT TRUE!”

All the officers ran to help Lyra but she fainted again.

Secret Service Headquarters, Canterlot; Thursday 6:04am

The Royal Guards guided Bon-Bon to a private office where Celestia and Dewey were already waiting for her.

“What happened? Where’s Lyra?” Asked the cream-coated mare.

Celestia shook her head sadly.

“What happened?” Asked Bon-Bon crying.

“We could say we lost her in action. A guy named Sweet Pea ambushed Lyra and sent her away”

Bon-Bon began to hyperventilate.

“No, her identity was compromised?”

“On the contrary, he was an anthropology fan who tried to reopen the portals to the human world from sixteen years ago”

And that detail made Bon-Bon raise an eyebrow.

“What? It sounds like the nonsense Lyra said in her conference at the AnthroCon”

Celestia showed Bon-Bon a couch.

“Have a sit agent Drops. It’s a long story, but all began sixteen years ago when my sister, still imprisoned, tried to free herself… creating a crack between two worlds. Ours… and a human world…”

Still the agent couldn’t believe it.

“But that’s the exact nonsense Lyra said…”

“Remember when I asked you a moments alone with agent Heartstrings? Because it was no nonsense, is exactly what happened… she was convinced that she made it up but now; somehow she still remembered”

“Still remembered? But what Lyra had to do with that event”

Celestia took a deep breath, this was going to be very difficult.

“You see agent Drops, somehow Sweet Pea managed to learn the truth about agent Heartstrings. She had everything to do with that anomaly sixteen years ago… you see, during that anomaly something happened…”

Des Moines hospital, Iowa: Thursday 12:46pm

Lyra woke up again and once more she looked at her surroundings.
She was in a white room with cardiac monitors connected to her body and in front of her a flat television. She looked at herself, wearing a hospital nightgown. At her right she looked at the night table where the anti-magic ring Sweet Pea make her wore was waiting. Still have my horn?
She touched her forehead, nope, it wasn’t there.

“So you woke up, hi there” said a voice at her left.

Lyra turned her head. Looking at her was a girl about her age, with dark hair tied at behind.

“Who are you?”

The stranger smiled and offered her a hand. Hands, what a weird thing to have. Still Lyra shook the stranger’s hand as she was doing a normal hoofshake.

“My name is Audrey, nice to meet you”

“Hi, I’m Lyra”

Audrey made a small nod.

“Cool, I hope we get along since you and I will be living together for a little”

“Eh? Why? No, this haves to be some kind of mistake”

“No, no mistake. Social services contacted my parents and they agreed to take you in while the police and your real parents solve things up. Is just for a couple of days, maybe a week; I can’t really tell”

Lyra shook her head.

“No, no, no, this is can’t be. I cannot have a family here”

“Ey, calm down a little. I was called here since they thought this whole thing will be easier with someone about your age but I can call the nurse if you want”

“Please, I could use a sedative now”

Audrey frowned.

“If I were you I’ll try to stay away from drugs. Besides, aren’t you happy to finally meet your real family?”

“I guess so. Is just that, I don’t understand… I really don’t. I have no memories of what happened to me and this whole ‘real family thing’ is just confusing me”

Audrey sat on her bed and combed her hair that at least was still minty-green like it supposed to be.

“So what, do you still want me to call the nurse?”

“Maybe or maybe not; let’s change the subject. So, I’ll staying at your place for a couple of days?”

“Yeah, my parents are great so don’t worry. Also they asked me to keep an eye on you and I can say you’re interesting enough so it’ll be great I guess”

Lyra smiled.
Then the nurse entered to the room to make Lyra a quick checkup.

“Okay, you seem to be fine, I guess you’ll be out of here before you think”

Police station, city of Des Moines Iowa; Thursday 1:34pm

The chief was sitting checking on his desk checking on some delayed paperwork when suddenly his phone rang.

“I told you not to interrupt me” he said to the secretary on duty.

“I know sir, but I have Mr. Thomas Michelakos on line 4. He wants to talk about you know what”

“Transfer him immediately”

“Hi, I’m Thomas Michelakos. Tell me, is it true? Did you really find her?”

“Yes sir, at least we think so. Is nothing conclusive but it fits the DNA sample you gave the police sixteen years ago”

“How is she? Is she alright?”

“Kind off. We found her in shock screaming and yelling on the street until he fainted. We made her some tests in the hospital and…”

“So my daughter is a drug addict”

“No sir, the only drugs present on her system were the sedatives that they gave her in the hospital. We question her but she insists doesn’t remember anything. When we did the DNA test, she fainted so we sent her back to the hospital where she’ll meet with a foster family”

“Okay, I’ll book a flight to Philadelphia and a Paternity test. My daughter, I cannot believe it”

“Is nothing certain sir”

“I understand, but… I really want to believe Laura is back to our lives”

Author's Note:

Like I said this will be its own story even if it shares elements with Anthropology. I really enjoy writing it, it opens a ton of exciting possibilities this new version of Lyra and her friends.

Read ya’ later!!