• Published 31st Oct 2016
  • 2,770 Views, 17 Comments

The Story in Which Luna Discovers That Everypony Thinks She is Celestia's Younger Sister - Steve Ott



Everypony knows Luna is the oldest, or so Luna thinks.

  • ...
15
 17
 2,770

In Which Luna Gets Angry and Tia is Unable To Shut Her Big Mouth

In Which Luna Discovers That Everypony Thinks She is the Younger Sister

By Steve Ott

I was mad. Not because I was reunited with my sister after I had tried to overthrow her twice, or the fact I was defeated by six regular ponies (though I am slightly miffed), and I actually quite enjoyed my day out with Tia who showed me around our new castle and introduced me to doughnuts. No, I was mad because of the history book that I discovered in the library.

Tia was known for her amazing poker face. However, the sweat and her nervous smile told another story. Perhaps the intelligence of our fellow leaders had declined in the last millennia. The servants seemed to sense the tension surrounding the dining room and decided not to interfere. There was no saving Tia from a sisterly thrashing.

“So, what did this history book say?” Tia asked shakily. To most ponies, her voice would sound normal, but not to the trained ears of myself.

I glare at my sister. She looked like a filly with her hoof caught in the cookie jar. My eyes were half-lidded when I responded, “You know exactly what I’m talking about Tia.”

Celestia chuckled nervously. “I don’t know what you are talking about little sister,” she replied.

I continued to glare at her as I responded, “Alright then, I guess you wouldn’t mind me telling your guards about how you were during your first estrus cycle. You were begging me to give you my relief spell to quell your-”

“Alright! Yes, I know about the book, but I’ll have you know, I had nothing to do with it!” Tia exclaimed.

I grinned. Tia was so easy to fluster sometimes. “So, if you knew about the book, and you knew it was wrong, why didn’t you order the author’s to correct it,” I asked.

“I . . . I . . .” Tia stammered.

“Spit it out, Tia,” I demanded.

“Well, it wasn’t the first book to mistake you for being my younger sister,” Tia finally managed to stammer out.

I remained silent.

“So ponies have thought of you as my younger sister for generations,” Tia finished.

I was stunned silent. After a few attempts, I finally managed to ask, “How?”

“Well, when I informed the populace of your sabatical, I may have accidently referred to you as my little sister,” Tia replied nervously.

I may have been cleansed by the Elements, but that did little to restrain my anger. "What do you mean accidently? You and I agreed a millennia ago not to call each other by our nicknames outside of castle walls!

“I know, but I was so emotional after our fight that it just kind of slipped out. I know you must be really angry at me, but you just came back and I don’t want this to get in the way,” Tia pleaded with me.

Slowly her words sunk in and I realized that Tia did have a point. The fact that ponies thought that I was the younger sister wasn’t that big of a deal anyways. It was better than ponies thinking that I was some blood sucking monster.

“I guess I overreacted a bit there,” I admitted.

“That’s okay Luna, you have just returned after all,” Celestia said calmly, “I’m just glad you didn’t discover the holiday where you are depicted as a blood sucking monster.”

Celestia immediately recognized her mistake. Anger began to boil to the surface as I asked, “What did you say Celestia?”

Tia chuckled nervously before teleporting away, much to the astonishment of the lone servant in the room that had yet to flee.

“Get back here missy!”