• Published 11th Nov 2016
  • 553 Views, 8 Comments

Batty Love - Lotus Moon



A bat pony has come to Ponyville. Can the Mane 6 stop her from possibly taking over their home?

  • ...
5
 8
 553

Chapter 2

Author's Note:

Are you still with me? (Please say yes, I hope I'm not boring anyone) Things are getting a little crazy now with Ruby

Zecora opened the door to her hut and found Twilight and the others inside. “Dear friends and Princess Twilight, what reason would you have to come to my home so late at night?” She asked.

“Zecora, we need your help. The Castle of the Two sisters has oddly been fully restored. Not only that, it’s now inhabited by a pony bat and an enormous horde of…well…bats!” Twilight explained.

“Bats?! Oh my, what a mess, I can see why you all seem in such distress.”

“Can you help us? She is quite violent and has enough bats to take over or destroy all of Equestria!” Rainbow Dash said.

Zecora searched in her bookshelves and sighed. “I’m afraid I don’t know how to help with your situation. Perhaps you should inform the Princesses and prepare for a possible invasion.”

“She’s right, we have to tell the Princesses and warn every pony. Let’s get back to Ponyville and get Spike and Applejack. Then we have to get to Canterlot and tell the Princesses what’s happened.” Twilight said and the sound of screeches and wings could be heard outside, heading fast towards Ponyville. “Come on, girls! There’s no time to lose!”

The girls galloped as fast as they could towards Ponyville and the town was in a panic. The horde of bats had invaded Ponyville, but they weren’t attacking ponies, they were attacking all the apple stands and taking all the apples! “Oh dear, if these bats are like vampire fruit bats…they’ll be heading for Sweet Apple Acres as well! Applejack can’t handle all this even with her family’s help.” Rarity panicked.

“Oh dear. We have to get to Sweet Apple Acres to help Applejack.” Fluttershy said and they were headed to Sweet Apple Aches as fast as they could. When they got there, everything was quiet. Except for the vampire fruit bats that were eating up a section of the western orchard. Applejack was lassoing vampire fruit bats left and right before spotting her friends.

“Girls! Thank Celestia! Please tell me you found a solution to all this.” AJ muffled due to the rope in her mouth.

“I’m sorry AJ, we couldn’t find anything. But it seems we might’ve made things worse. We have to contact Princess Celestia and Princess Luna before…” Before she could finish, the bat’s screeches were coming closer. Twilight’s horn lit up and she put up a shield, much like her brother’s, to protect the orchard and expelled the vampire fruit bats that were eating the orchard.

“What in tarnation did you do?” AJ looked around, seeing that the bats had pretty much covered the sky.

“Well, we found the Castle of the Two Sisters fully restored much more than what we had done.” Rarity started.

“But the whole place was different…much creepier than before. And there were a lot of bats!” Rainbow Dash continued.

“And there was a pony there who-“ Fluttershy said before Pinkie Pie jumped in.

“And there was this pony who looked just like a Pegasus pony! But she wasn’t! She has pointy ears, and bat wings, and fangs, and reeeeeeeeeeally bright, shiny blue eyes! And she was all like “Who dares to intrude in my castle?” and “Get out!” and then this huuuuuuuuuge swarm of bats surrounded us. And then Twilight teleported us to Zecora’s hut and when she couldn’t help us, we came here because the bats were coming after Ponyville. So we came here too to get you and Spike so we could get a message to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. And then we found you and the bats started coming, so Twilight put up this shield to keep the bats out and then you asked what happen and then that’s how we ended up here.” Pinkie Pie said and ended with a bright grin.

“Like Pinkie Pie said…we met this mare who could be a pony bat and…well…she might’ve sent her bats here. The bats are taking apples and they might take this whole orchard. We have to contact the Princesses, but without Spike, I can’t get a message to them.” Twilight said. “But I can’t leave the shield or the bats will come in.”

“What about if I go? I’m a fast flyer, I can go get Spike then come back here in no time.” Rainbow Dash suggested.

“I’d have to let down the shield and that’s too risky,” Twilight said.

“There must be something we can do. Even if you’re a Princess, this shield was physically taxing on your brother. It might be the same for you.” Applejack said, her ears flopped down.

“Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness!” Fluttershy looked around. The bats shrieked and fluttered around, some running their small bodies against the shield to get inside. Suddenly there was a sudden magical burst sunlight and the bats all scattered, heading back to the Everfree Forest. The vampire fruit bats went with them as well. Twilight let down her shield and was met by Spike, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

“I received a message from Spike saying that bats had invaded Ponyville. Twilight Sparkle, would you care to explain what has happened?” Celestia said.