• Published 28th Oct 2016
  • 675 Views, 9 Comments

The Golden Age - The Quiet Party



Side story to The Huntress. Luna tells Sunset about what brought her to Earth, and why she stayed.

  • ...
1
 9
 675

IV: NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, September 12, 2057

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK
September 12, 2057

“Are you sure about this?” Twilight asked.

Luna nodded. “Earth needs me more than Equus does. Now that we’ve driven back Nightmare Star, humans need to rebuild the world that our people destroyed. As such, I am a sort of penance on behalf of ponies. They need to see that there’s good in ponykind and in alicorns.”

“But you’re the regent of Eque––”

“No – you are the ruler of Equestria now,” Luna told her gently. “My presence would be too painful for our ponies, and this is a chance to start anew. Between you and Cadance, you can restore faith in ponykind – our allies back home have watched this and feared us, just as they have feared the Fallen here. And you won’t be alone: Blueblood will be there to help you, as will your fellow Bearers and your apprentice….”

Twilight rolled her eyes. “Yeah, I never expected the Tree of Harmony to bless me with immortality, but definitely not them. They’re still adjusting to it.”

“Especially Rainbow, I surmise. How is her husband doing?”

Twilight laughed. “Skyburner’s still coming to grips that Rainbow used to be married to his idol before he fell in battle; apparently Soarin’ inspired him to join the Equestrian Royal Air Force. But equally a shock that his wife is the same age as his mother. And don’t get me started about Rainbow’s arguments with Spitfire over cradlerobbing….” Luna laughed, followed by Twilight, and for a moment, the two were at peace, the cares of four decades of war forgotten.

“Well, I need to go,” Twilight said, hugging her friend.

“Don’t be a stranger,” Luna insisted.

“I promise not to. Besides, don’t rulers have to make an annual speech before the UN anyway?” the younger alicorn said with a grin. “Anyway, take care.”


Luna stood before the portal – no longer a mirror, but instead made from human technology – for the longest time before a voice spoke behind her. “Your highness?”

Luna turned to see a young Japanese woman standing there. “Now, Yuko,” Luna said playfully, “you know what I think of my old title.”

“Apologies,” Yuko said as she smiled. “Madame Secretary-General, may I have a moment of your time?”

Luna, once the ruling princess of Equestria and now Secretary-General of the United Nations, nodded. “You have my attention.”