• Published 29th Oct 2016
  • 288 Views, 2 Comments

A Change of Scenery - CrowR



A changeling ends up on Earth and in the hands of a human. What happens as it adjusts to this new world and the concepts within it.

  • ...
 2
 288

A Strange Guest

A figure rushed through the bushes, causing a small rustle. More rustling occurred, followed by three additional figures rushing past. Darkness permeated the forest, the few seams of moonlight cutting through the shade of trees. There was no path, only soil and wild plants within the large clearing. Quick panting could be heard as the rustling grew louder. A flash illuminated the area briefly, followed by a grunt.

A shadow fell out of the vegetation, followed by three more that charged through. The first figure got up quickly, glowing blue eyes looking at the others with rage. It’s opponents stepped forward threateningly, one sporting a horn which glowed a firm yellow. It didn’t provide much illumination, but it caused the blue eyes to narrow slightly, a curved horn atop it’s head glowing a malefic green. The other figures grew closer, causing the first to let out a fierce hiss. The yellow horn’s glow intensified before shooting a beam towards the first figure! The green horn sent a blast as well, causing both to collide and cause a blinding light.


"ZAM" POV

I sighed as I closed SFM on my laptop. Another day of animating 3D stuff for entertainment- which is a pretty cool job coupled with a certain website called YouTube. Although, it does take a long time for me to do it-even with the tutorial videos as a guide. In fact, I never really thought I'd be able to use YouTube as a source of income. Sure, when I was a teenager I had high aspirations of becoming a Youtuber, but I didn't know if I'd use it full-time. Luckily I took a job at a supermarket-mostly day shift, the pay's pretty decent so I can't bark about it.

I jumped when I heard something thud outside. Strange, it was the middle of the night and it was clear out. It could be a tree, or maybe something else? Why am I dragging my thoughts on! I gotta go see what that was. I got up with my jacket on and walked outside. Everything looked normal, the street lamps cast their glow upon the sidewalk and road, my car was still in the driveway. I was about to go back in when I saw something off to the side. I hurried over and saw...a horse? Or was it a bug? It's kind of hard to tell.

It definitely looked like a horse, with four legs and hooves. Other than that, though, not much. For one, it's legs had holes in them. It was like it was in one of those sci-fi shows with weird lasers that go right through things. Another was that it didn't have fur, but what felt like smooth skin! It's ears were sort of like it's legs, only they had what looked like part of a hole in them, leaving them a bit jagged at the end. On it's back were what looked like wings- transparent and light grey, which was strange. It didn't have a mane, which automatically destroyed the horse theory. Instead it had a curved horn, like it could use magic. It's tail was short, a small tuft of fur. Also,there were fangs sticking out of it's muzzle, which scared me a little.

What was this thing? What should I do? Do I call the police-but what would they do?! They'd probably call the CIA or something, then what? Would it be dissected? Studied? Taken prisoner? I noticed the bug...thing was twitching a little, signaling that it was alive.

Ok, maybe I could help it. I always had a crazy imagination, and sometimes dreamed of traveling to new worlds. That imagination did come in handy a lot, but that didn't matter right now! A cool breeze made its way through, causing the creature to shudder slightly. To be honest it actually looked kind of cute- even though it was a possible alien. Looking around and finding nobody else, I gingerly picked it up, finding it a little heavy. I quickly got inside and put it on the couch, putting a blanket over it in case it got cold.

Right, I'm now harboring an unknown creature in my house- that could be an alien or something else. It must've fallen from the sky, judging by the thud I heard earlier. I put a hand on it's head, feeling it's warm skin. It felt so weird, but I couldn't help but pet it a little. I know it's not a dog, but I just felt an urge to do it. I jolted a bit when it's head booped my hand and turned over a little. I simply sat there for a few seconds before smiling.

It was completely insane, yet at the same time I felt so fascinated! The question was...is it good or evil?