• Published 16th Oct 2016
  • 866 Views, 161 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG 5: The Malefic Menace - Bahamut0



A new foe has emerged and has been capturing legendary dragons! And next on the list are Burst and Inferno's cards!

  • ...
4
 161
 866

Duel 5: The Enemy Uncovered

Before Shadow knew it, it was Wednesday and the awaited day for his date with Starlight. Soon school was out and he met with her to take her out. "Ready to go?"

"Sure am!", Starlight said as she walked off with him. "So where did you plan on taking me?"

"My brother told me about this really sweet ice cream place. Wanna hit up that place?"

"I could use a good case of brain freeze." Soon they arrived at the ice cream place Ace mentioned. "Did you really have to get five scoops Shadow?"

"Hey. Can't a guy appease his sweet tooth?" Starlight giggled in response.

"I guess I've got no argument there!" Soon Shadow's phone buzzed.

"Huh. Looks like my brother and a couple of his friends are going to be stopping by. Wanna meet them?"

"Sure." Ace and the others soon arrived. But when they got closer they all seemed to freeze!

"Guys? What's up?"

"Shadow.", Burst said calmly. "Just checking up on your date.", Burst said with a smile.

"Burst isn't tha.."

"Inferno. Everyone. I think we should speak in private.", Burst said as he put a hand over Inferno's mouth.

"Burst are you crazy?!", Ace asked. "That's Starlight Glimmer! The same duelist who's been capturing legendary dragons! AND she's on a date with my brother! What if she's after his dragon?!"

"Calm down Ace. I can understand your reason for being upset. By as far as I can tell she hasn't done anything. Yet. And if we made a scene in public, people could get caught in the crossfire. That, and they look happy together. He could be the one to change her mind about what she's doing. If I gave Moon a chance, I don't see why we can't give Starlight a chance to change too."

Ace let out a defeated sigh. "I guess so. And Shadow does look really happy with her." Back with Starlight and Shadow, Starlight had picked up on Shadow's dragon power.

'Is it wrong that I don't want to take his dragon? He seems so nice. Maybe I could convince him to join me! Or....maybe....I could walk away from all this.', she thought to herself. 'No. Not when I'm so close. All I have to do is defeat the remaining duelists bonded with legendary dragons. And maybe take care of those younger dragon users I sensed. Their dragons aren't legendary, but they could be useful.' "I had a good time Shadow. Maybe we could do this again sometime."

"Sure Starlight! Oh before I forget, I wanted to introduce you to my friends! Hey everyone!" Starlight nearly froze when she saw Ace! She hadn't known that the duelist who had freed Critias and Hermos from her was Shadow's brother. Or the fact that Shadow was friends with her targets!

"So nice to meet you all.", Starlight said. 'Shadow. I'm sorry. But now that I'm so close to my goal, I can't turn back.'