• Published 13th Oct 2016
  • 890 Views, 134 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG 4: Nightmare's Awakening - Bahamut0



Burst Stream and Inferno did not return alone from Equestria. Nightmare Moon followed them and intends to bring eternal night to the human world. And she has great interest in Burst Stream.

  • ...
5
 134
 890

Duel 2: New Friends, New Threats

The weekend had come and gone, and Burst and the rest of his friends were going about their school day. Everything was normal until Burst saw Rainbow Dash running in his direction.

"Burst! Some guy just showed up and wants to see you!"

"Might as well see what he wants." When Burst went to meet this perosn, he saw Goldenrise waiting for him.

"Are you Burst Stream?"

"That's me. Who are you? And why did you call me out?"

"My name is Goldenrise. I'm the adopted son of Maximillion Pegasus. He sent me to aid you because he sensed a new threat on the horizon. But before I join up with you, I wanna see if your skills stack up to the rumors! So how about it?"

Burst smiled as he activated his duel disk. "Bring it on! You've got the first move!"

Burst: 8000
Goldenrise: 8000

"I summon Ancient Elf! Now I can special summon the two Kagetokage because I normal summoned a level 4 monster! Now I overlay all my monsters to xyz summon Number 104: Masquerade! That's it for my turn. Your move!", Goldenrise said.

"I draw!", Burst said. "I play Trade-In to discard a level 8 monster and draw two new cards! Then I'll summon a monster in defense mode and end my turn."

"Masquerade! Attack his defense mode monster! That's all for me."

"Just what I was hoping for! Since the monster you destroyed was White Stone of Ancients, I can special summon a Blue Eyes monster from my deck! Next I'll reveal the Blue Eyes White Dragon in my hand to special summon Blue Eyes Alternative! Then I'll use Alternative's effect! I can destroy one monster you control!"

"I don't think so! I detach one overlay unit from Masquerade to use his effect! I can negate your effect's activation and inflict 800 damage to you! Also, I can send the top card of your deck to the graveyard once per turn."

Burst: 7200
Goldenrise: 8000

"Not a bad effect. Now to bring out my own number! I overlay my two dragons and xyz summon Number 107: Galaxy Eyes Tachyon Dragon! Destroy number 104! Tachyon Stream!" Tachyon Dragon roared as he fired a powerful laser from his mouth that destroyed Masquerade!

Burst: 7200
Goldenrise: 7700

"So you managed to destroy my ace monster. I set one card face-down and end my turn."

"I draw! I play the Melody of Awakening Dragon! By discarding one card, I can add up to two dragon type monsters with 3000 or more attack and 2500 or less defense from my deck to my hand! Then I'll play the spell card Harmony Absolute! I'll send the Blue Eyes White Dragon in my hand to the graveyard to summon Blue Eyes Absolute Dragon! And now that he's on the field, he gains 300 attack for each monster in my graveyard! Attack him directly! Absolute Neutron Blast!"

Burst: 7200
Goldenrise: 2100

"No wonder you've become champion so easily! That dragon of yours is powerful! But as much as I'd like to sit and admire it, I've got a duel to fight! I activate my trap card! Xyz reborn to bring back Masquerade! Now I play the field spell Xyz Territory! When an xyz monster battles, it gains 200 attack points times its rank, but only during damage calculation! Attack Galaxy Eyes Tachyon Dragon!"

"Don't forget that your field spell helps me too! Galaxy Eyes also gains 200 attack times his rank! So your monster still gets taken down!"

"A good effort Masquerade!", Galaxy Eyes Tachyon said. "But not enough to overpower me!" Masquerade was destroyed by a single strike from Galaxy Eyes Tachyon's tail.

Burst: 7200
Goldenrise: 1000

"I guess I got so carried away that I forgot you had an xyz monster too.", Gold said with a nervous chuckle.

"Hey. I've made my share of mistakes when I duel too. But enough about that. Blue Eyes Absolute attacks you directly for game!"

Burst: 7200, win
Goldenrise: lose

"The rumors don't even measure up to your skills!", Gold said. "You're even better than people say you are!"

"Thanks. You and your monster partner are pretty good too. So how did you plan on helping me fight whatever evil force I need to take down this time?"

"Easy. I'm dueling alongside you!"

"Glad to hear it! I've gotta get going to my next class soon, so I'll see you around." As Burst was heading to his class, he saw Nightshade walking the hallway. "Hey Nightshade! I didn't know you went to CHS. You need help getting to your classes?"

"Oh. I just enrolled. And the next class I have is English with Ms. Cheerilee.", Nightmare said. 'Thankfully Celestia didn't expect a thing!'

"Well for starters, you're kinda going the wrong way. That's my next class. Follow me and we should reach it in no time."

"Thanks.", Nightmare said with a smile. 'Cute and a nice guy. No wonder Celestia was his literal dream girl.

Meanwhile...

Dark Ice was spying on Ace. Seeing if he could find anything or anyone in specific that he could take from Ace. And by chance, he saw him walking with Sonata. "I see. Now I know how to hurt you Ace! This time I will not fail! Vengeance shall be mine! And I'll start by paying your girlfriend a vist! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"