• Published 27th Oct 2016
  • 1,659 Views, 110 Comments

Dashing Love (REWRITTEN) - Kellster



Rewritten as "Rainbow Crush Isn't a Tsundere, and She'll Prove It, BAKA!!"

  • ...
16
 110
 1,659

Field Trip Of Five pt2

"Haaaah~!" Rainbow stretched as she stepped foot out of the plane. "That was so long! I'm pretty sure I fell asleep in the middle of the flight...." She said before turning to Soarin. "Hey, by the way, you looked kinda weird when I woke up. The hell happened?" She curiously asked.

Soarin flinched and looked away. "W-well......" He blushed and didn't continue his sentence. It was kind of embarrassing to explain what happened, and Soarin did not want to be the one to say it out loud. "You kinda..........um..............your head was..............you laid it..................on my shoulder..................." He muttered, trailing off.

Rainbow tilted her head. "Eh?" She asked, putting her hand behind her ear, trying to tell him that she couldn't hear what he said. "I didn't quite catch that. It sounded like you said I laid my head on your shoulder." She laughed as she said that. "But.....that would never happen. Haha......" She trailed off and looked away as well.

Lightning came right between them and laughed. "You two are so weird together! It kills the fun. C'mon, let's-" Before she could finish, Pinkie jumped in front of everyone.

"If somebody killed the fun, I would definitely know, since I know fun! And you definitely don't know, Lightie, since you think they killed the fun!!!" She yelled, catching the attention of those around them. Lightning gave her the evil eye and prepared to shout back.

However, Quibble passed by and looked at all of them. "I have the strangest group......." He muttered to himself and sighed. "You guys are so loud. Come on, or else we're gonna get separated from the other groups. We can't split up just yet." He said, pointing at the teacher of Rainbow's class, who was glaring at them.

The five of them hastily moved forward, trying to avoid getting in trouble.


After a short bus ride, they all arrived at the hotel in which they were staying. Rainbow's group went through the hallways, looking for which room they'll stay in.

"Hey, actually, with three girls and two boys, are we supposed to split up into two rooms?" Rainbow asked Pinkie. She knew that if they were to share a room with Lightning, things could go wild. But if those two knuckleheads joined the party, only time could tell if Rainbow survived.

Pinkie shrugged. "Well, I'm pretty sure the school won't allow the girls and the boys to sleep in the same room." She said, opening one door and politely smiling as she found out that there were already a group of girls inside. "I guess us three gals have to stay in one room, then!" She said to Rainbow and Lightning and giggled.

"NO!!!" The other two yelled, making people stare. After calming down, the two glared at each other and turned to Pinkie.

"There's no way in hell that I'm going to stay in one room for one night with her!" Rainbow complained to Pinkie, pointing at the blonde girl. After trying to chill down again, she sighed and looked at both of them. "I guess we have no choice."

Lightning grunted. "No way are we giving up on this!" She quietly shouted at Rainbow. But, after turning to Pinkie, who was giving her a death glare, Lightning went back to her original position and crossed her arms. "I mean, fine."

Afterwards, the three remained silent, except for Pinkie, who was giggling. And then, Soarin shouted after them. "Hey, we've found an empty room over here. Are you guys gonna keep arguing or what?" He complained as he pointed inside the room the two boys picked.

"Ah, right." Rainbow said as she remembered what they were supposed to do. "C'mon, let's go upstairs." She said, already walking towards the staircase. The other two girls followed her.

Just then, Quibble came out of the room and stood next to Soarin. "Wait, why're you gonna go all the way up there? That's gonna make it harder for us to group up." He pointed out.

Rainbow put her hands on her hips. "I don't want to risk the chance of getting any peepers. I'm not exactly sure if you two aren't perverts yet." She said, shooting a glare at the two.

Soarin flinched. "Why would we do that? There's no way we're gonna mess with you guys." He said. Actually, they might go there, but they won't do anything perverted. But they won't go there at all without permission from the girls, since they didn't want to risk getting beaten up by the most popular and sporty girl in school, another sporty girl who is pretty devious, and a logic-breaking psycho who can become sad or really dangerous. Thinking about it, Soarin's pupils shrunk. "Yeah. No way. Never." He reassured them.

Lightning shrugged. "Well, I don't exactly mind for Soarin, but Quibble, if you ever go up there, you're dead. And no matter what you say, we're still goin'." She said, turning to Pinkie. All they needed now was for Pinkie to vote on whether they're staying on this floor, or upstairs.

"Yeah, we're going upstairs." Pinkie said, skipping to the stairs. The other two girls followed her, and Soarin and Quibble went back to their rooms.


After Rainbow, Lightning, and Pinkie chose their room, they took a very quick look around and then immediately went downstairs to group up with the other two. The five nearly fought over which place to go before Quibble stopped them and suggested to go to Kurodsderu's most famous shrine.

Once they arrived, they all looked at it in awe. "Woah, no wonder this place is packed. It looks awesome!" Soarin said, taking a closer look at the cherry blossom trees. "These trees l definitely look healthier than those back home."

After a few minutes of admiring the view, the five went to get their fortunes after praying.

However, after finding out that all of them had a bad fortune, their mood was ruined until they tied the fortunes to a pole and they all head to a nearby temple.

There were lots of places to see, and lots of places to visit. But after a few hours of exploring, the whole group went back to the hotel, since they had nothing else to do.

"Eh........It feels like any other touristy visit." Rainbow groaned as she walked through the halls of the hotel. "Didn't feel great enough." She stopped walking and faced the others with a dissatisfied look. "We need to fix this. Now. I know we still have tomorrow morning, but then that would make this day a waste."

Lightning sighed and put her hands on her hips. "Well, what can we do?"

After that, there was a brief moment of silence. Nobody spoke, not knowing what to think or say. "Well, bummer, then. I'm beat, let's go to bed." Rainbow said as she turned around and head for their room.

Soarin ran after her. "Hey, weren't you the one saying we should do something about it!?" He shouted. "What's with the whole 'meh, let's go and waste our field trip' thing!? Didn't you say we'd 'enjoy this time'!? Huh!?!"

Rainbow smirked at him and huffed. "Why do you care so much? Are you planning something?"

Soarin crossed his arms and looked up. He didn't know the answer to that. Or maybe he did, he just couldn't accept it. Whatever it is, his brain isn't letting him know. "Whatever, let's just go." He said before quickly walking to his room.

"H-hey, wait!" Quibble yelled as he ran after him.


"So nice~" Pinkie sighed, lying herself down on the floor. "If I could, I'd plan as many parties as I can here, just so everyone can enjoy the luxurious place! Ooh, then that'd make everyday a partay!" She said, squishing her cheeks and imagining countless possible parties she could throw at this hotel.

Lightning crossed her legs after she dropped on the couch. "Wouldn't that break the fact of having a hotel room if you're gonna live in it your whole life?"

Rainbow shrugged at Lightning, trying to let her know that no matter what you tell Pinkie, her mind will never get fixed. She then rested her head on top of the kotatsu and closed her eyes. "Man, this day was a total waste. No wonder we got bad luck in our fortunes." Rainbow opened one of her eyes and looked out the window. The sun has already set, and the sky was pitch black.

After that quiet moment, Lightning sighed and got up. "If you two losers aren't going to do anything fun, then I'm going over to Soarin's. Oh yeah, Quibble's there too, but whatever." She said, walking to the door.

Pinkie and Rainbow flinched and looked over at Lightning, who already set foot out of the room. "Hey, hold on!" Rainbow shouted quietly, since there are probably some people who were asleep. "You can't just waltz in there like it's some kind of a local shop or something! Didn't they promise we wouldn't go to our room? Shouldn't it be the same for us!?"

Lightning stopped to turn around and give Rainbow a devious smirk, and then continued along to the boys' room.

Rainbow ran after her and pinned her down as quietly as she could. "Idiot, what if they think we're hypocrites or something!?!" She loudly whispered. Thankfully, nobody else was in that hall.

"Eh.......you're so boring. And yet you're the one who doesn't want to let this time go to waste. Aren't you the hypocrite?" Lightning challenged, trying to force Rainbow to let her get up.

Rainbow snickered and let her guard down, letting Lightning slowly stand up. Soon, Rainbow stood up as well, allowing them to eye each other dramatically, and letting Pinkie watch the action from their door. Lightning speedily ran downstairs as Rainbow followed her, reading her movements. She could tell that she was trying to get there before her, as if she were aiming to tease Rainbow by racing. And Rainbow couldn't allow herself to lose.

Rainbow ran faster and jumped towards the wall, letting her jump right in front of Lightning Dust. Lightning dropped to a halt by pressing her hand on the floor. This made Lightning distracted, and Rainbow ran to Soarin's room. As soon as she hopped inside, she shut the door and fell to her knees, resting her back on the door. She could hear Lightning knocking continuously, but Rainbow ignored her.

Soarin and Quibble looked up at Rainbow. "What're you doing here?" Soarin asked, walking towards her. "And what's behind you-" He reached out for the doorknob as he spoke.

"DON'T OPEN IT!!" Rainbow yelled, blocking the doorknob with her arm. She sighed and got up, her back still pressing against the door. "Look, I'm staying here for the night."

"EH!?!" Soarin and Quibble screamed.

Quibble sat up and spoke up. "W-why!?" He asked. "W-what if a teacher catches us!?!" He got up and readied the futon, since he knew that there was no way they could get out of this.

Rainbow dropped under the kotatsu and rested her head on top as soon as the knocks from the other side of the door stopped. "It's kind of a long story." She lied. The story wasn't long at all, but she really did not want to share it.

Soarin sighed and sat at the kotatsu as well. "So.......what happens if a teacher comes?"

Rainbow looked up for a brief amount of time and then looked back at Soarin. "We'll pretend that I'm the third guy in the room, and I'll just hide my face and my hair." She explained. "And before everyone even wakes up, I'll just sneak out of the room. Simple." She crossed her arms and grinned, as if the plan was sure to work.

Soarin rolled his eyes and crawled into his futon. "Welp, goodnight." He said as Quibble made himself comfortable in his futon, too.

Rainbow's eyes slowly closed before shaking her head, and then she quickly hid her face under the blankets of the futon. Before actually falling asleep, she pulled the futon away a little bit, just in case the guys were planning on doing something funny. Shuffling around in her futon, Rainbow moaned a little bit. She was still worried about how she was supposed to wake up so early, and how she'll get away with this. Finally stopping in rolling around, she closed her eyes.

The three of them all sighed. "I can't sleep."

And luckily, by morning, Rainbow snuck out of the room without a problem.


Pinkie Pie stretched her arms. "Wow~! The open air baths are perfect!!" She said, sinking down to the bottom of the bath and then coming back up. "It feels so nice, it's tickling me a little!" She giggled and swam over to Rainbow. "By the way, where were you last night? You were there when I woke up, but it feels like you weren't there the whole time."

Rainbow paused a little bit and splashed water at Pinkie. She didn't think about excuses, even though they probably already know that she stayed over over there. "Ah, well, I was there! What're you talking about?" She lied, nervously laughing very quietly right afterwards.

Lightning came up to the surface over the water and moaned. "Are you sure? I stayed up for at least 30 minutes after you went inside Soarin and Quibble's room but you never came back." Her relaxed yet unimpressed face turned into a smirk. "Why is that?"

Rainbow flinched and swam past Lightning. "I stayed over there for about an hour before coming back to make sure I wouldn't have to face your ugly little face again. That's why." She shot back. The two glared at each other for a second.

Smiling, Pinkie swam in between them. "Anyways, let's have a race all the way over there!" She declared. "Loser buys all three of us free food when we get back!" She laughed and set in position.

"Alright then." Rainbow said, nodding to Lightning as they also got ready next to Pinkie Pie. The three grinned at each other, wishing each good luck. "Ready, set-"

"You didn't have to drag me all the way over here, you know." I voice said from behind the doors. "I have legs and I know how to walk!"

"I just wanted to make sure you didn't run away." Another voice said after what it sounded like snickering. "Since you acted like you didn't want to come, I made sure you did, because this is a very rare opportunity to have an open air bath in Kurodsdueru. Think about it."

The three heard two guys arguing, and it seemed like they were here to take a bath just like them. But the three girls' minds moved so fast that they didn't have time to think about that.

The other voice groaned. "I didn't say I didn't want to come, it's just that you woke me up and hit that idea on me right that very second. You didn't give me a chance to-"

"HAAAAAAAAAYAA!!!" Rainbow screamed as she threw the wooden bathing bucket at Soarin's face once they opened the door. Soon, the other two also started pounding the two with buckets. Soarin and Quibble took cover with their arms, even though that didn't do much.

"Hey, what are you girls doing in here!?!" Quibble yelled, nearly falling over.

Lightning grunted. "You were the ones who came unannounced!!!" She shouted, throwing another bucket at Quibble's face, but even harder. "IDIOTS!! YOU GUYS SAID YOU WEREN'T PERVERTS!!!"

"Eh!?!" Soarin yelled out, trying to reach for the door. "Well excuse us for not knowing!" As he finally felt the doorknob, he grabbed it and reached out for Quibble's arm. He hastily took him along with him and shouted at the other three before closing the door. Closing his eyes, of course. "We won't forget this!"

After the two left, it finally became silent except for the fountain of rushing water and Rainbow, Pinkie, and Lightning taking heavy breaths. In a few minutes, the three looked at each other and nodded. "We won't be able to forget this, either."

To be continued...

Author's Note:

For those who might ask, no. No "Field Trip Of Five pt3". This is the last part of the field trip, and what will happen is untold. Unless I mention it in a future chapter, of course.