• Published 27th Oct 2016
  • 1,660 Views, 110 Comments

Dashing Love (REWRITTEN) - Kellster



Rewritten as "Rainbow Crush Isn't a Tsundere, and She'll Prove It, BAKA!!"

  • ...
16
 110
 1,660

Sports Buddy (Comedy of Sports Day pt2)

"Ehh......we're losing..." Fluttershy quietly remarked, turning her head to the scoreboard. The score was 10-3, and unfortunately that 10 scores aren't theirs.

Rainbow tapped her leg repeatedly on the floor, crossed her arms, and angrily watched their team move back and forth. But it had only gone worse. Now they were 12-4. Sure, they got one more point, but the other team earned two more. Rainbow growled and sighed. "Gah, I'm telling you, if only I were on the team."

Starlight Glimmer tilted her head. "Then...why didn't you volunteer?"

Rainbow grunted. "Because the teams are 'boys only'. Ha! They should know better. I'm the top female athlete of the school!" She boasted with a grin.

Pinkie Pie smiled. "It's fine, they've got the top male athlete of the school!" She pointed out, literally pointing at Soarin. He looked very determined to win.

"Maybe one more cheer for your boyfriend will give him enough motivation." Flitter suggested.

Furiously, Rainbow facepalmed. "This. Is. Final. We're not together."

A few inches away, Lightning flinched and eyed Rainbow and her friends. "What do they mean 'boyfriend'? What do they mean 'together'??" She asked out loud.

"Oh, you don't know?" A girl wearing a headband said. "There's a rumor that Rainbow-senpai and Soarin-senpai are dating!"

Another girl wearing a hoodie jumped in. "I think it's true. I mean, they seem so perfect together! The two top sports students of the school together! Ahh, I ship them so much!!"

Lightning quietly snickered and rolled her eyes. "Like hell." She muttered. She then stood up and cheered for Soarin. "Soooarrriinnnn!! Good luck!!"

Soarin continued running and passed the ball to Thunderlane. Sadly, Thunderlane got blocked by Quibble who gave passed the ball to another pony.

"13-8..." Twilight sighed after a few minutes. Their class managed to catch up by a few, but on more point and the other team wins. "If they don't hurry, we lose."

Pinkie giggled. "Silly, Twilight. You hafta be positive!" She said as their class got another point. The crowd roared in joy. If you think about it, most if not all are rooting for class 2-2 rather than 2-1. 2-2 was Soarin's class, and it would be quite obvious as to why everyone wants to cheer for him.

After quite a while, Soarin's team was extra careful and managed to block all scores of the other team. Now they're tied. "That's more like it." Rainbow said under her breath, clenching her fists.

But, as soon as they got their hopes up, the other class got one more point. "@#%!" Rainbow said quietly. "For crying out loud....c'mon you guys. I know that you guys know that's not your best."

14-14 now. Everyone watched and cheered. Rainbow was way too busy muttering to herself that she forgot all about cheering. Just as soon as Soarin jumped to make one final score, Quibble came and blocked him, causing him to fall. Everyone gasped.

Rainbow flinched and stood up. "Soarin! Don't you dare lose!!" She screamed from the top of her lungs.

Soarin got back into action and through the ball before even touching the floor.

Silence suddenly filled the whole court. They all watched the ball spin around the top of the basket for a few seconds without a single sound. This was the dramatic moment of truth.

Rainbow kept standing. She was so stunned she couldn't sit back down. Plus, the ball seemed to spin forever. One last time, she whispered, "I told you guys you'd make it."

The ball took a short pause and finally fell through the basket. The crowd's cheer echoed through the court. Soarin wiped off his sweat and sat up. He took as many breaths as he could.

"...need a hand?"

Soarin looked up and found Quibble reaching his hand to him. Soarin smiled and grabbed his hand to stand up. The two shook each others hands and nodded.


"To us!!"

The class said as they clinked their glasses to one another. "And of course, to Soarin!" The teacher said.

Soarin jumped a little and looked around. "Me?" He asked. "What do you mean?"

"We're the ones who should be asking that!" Pinkie giggled. "That last minute shoot was cray-cray! It's all thanks to you that we won." The whole class nodded with a "mmhmm".
II
Soarin chuckled and grinned. "Well then....to me.....nah, you guys say it. It sounds weird when I say it."

Cloudchaser turned over to Rainbow. "Why don't you say it, Rainbow?"

"Eh!?" Rainbow gasped, noticing that everyone agreed. "W-why me of all people? Isn't this something everyone should say??" She said, trying to get out of the weird situation.

Pinkie nodded. "It makes sense since you're his boyfriend!" She exclaimed. Rainbow looked at her as if she's gotten bored of the rumor.

The teacher raised an eyebrow. "What?" She asked. "I knew both of you since last year and only now have you started dating? Sheesh, Soarin. I thought I knew you better."

Soarin looked at the teacher in confusion. "What are you talkin' 'bout?"

"A-anyways, let's all say it!" Rainbow said loudly, raising her glass of juice.

The class raised their glasses of water and cheered. "To Soarin!"


"Look, why're you so mad?" Quibble asked, finishing his juice box. "Losing that match didn't make us lose to Rainbow or Soarin." He said, throwing the box in the trash. Except, it instead fell on the ground.

Lightning snickered. "See? Even if it's not a ball your aim is so off." She then leaned on the wall. "It did lose us to them. I mean, now that Soarin won, Rainbow will like him even more. Plus, who encouraged Soarin to win? Ms. Colorful-hair Dash."

Quibble rolled his eyes. "It isn't that bad. They didn't confess, now, did they?"

Lightning grunted and glared at Quibble. "So you haven't heard."

Quibble flinched and stood up. "Th-they are!?!"

Lightning gave a satisfied laugh. "No, idiot. I just wanted to see you blushing when I say that." But then she looked away and anger. "However, there are rumors that they're dating."

"So...what should we do?" Quibble asked, calming his body.

Lightning paused and looked up. After a few seconds, she looked at Quibble. "You find out if it's true. Stalk them or something, I dunno." Then she smirked at the floor. "I'll join you during stalking from time to time, but you'll have to take charge. Anyways, I, on the other hand, will do a little plotting."

To be continued...

Author's Note:

It's out! Yup, faster this time. I guess it's because my game took so long to download that I thought, "Hey, what do I do while waiting!?!" So yeah, thank the game I'm downloading. :3 Just in time too, only 2 mins left...