• Published 27th Oct 2016
  • 1,659 Views, 110 Comments

Dashing Love (REWRITTEN) - Kellster



Rewritten as "Rainbow Crush Isn't a Tsundere, and She'll Prove It, BAKA!!"

  • ...
16
 110
 1,659

A New Feeling!?

Rainbow Dash stretched and yawned as the school bell finally rang after that long, boring math class. Or at least, it was for her. She slouched on her chair and put her arms behind he back. It was lunchtime, but she had some spare time. And today, she decided to spend her break in the classroom. She relaxed herself and closed her eyes as she plugged on some earphones. She put on one of her favorite songs, “Magic Inside”. She hummed along to the song:

I am just a human!
I make mistakes from time to time
And now I know the real me
And put my heart out on the line
And let the magic in my heart stay true, woah
And let the magic in my heart stay true, woah
Just like the magic inside of you

As she almost drifted off to sleep, an energetic and high-pitched voice suddenly ringed through Rainbow’s head. “Hey, Dashie!” She said from behind Rainbow, taking off her right earphone. “Wanna eat together?” She asked as she somehow jumped right in front of Rainbow's desk.

“Oh, hey Pinkie Pie.” Rainbow said, rubbing her eyes and sitting up. She looked around. Everybody was still eating, meaning that it only a few minutes have passed, even though Rainbow felt like the lunch break had already finished. “Sure.”

Pinkie jumped in happiness and grabbed the chair in front of Rainbow, turned it around, and sat on it. “Look what I brought today!” Pinkie said, grabbing a container out of her bag. It was as pink as her mane, with the lid pure white. Pinkie’s signature, or cutie mark, was printed on the lid. “I brought…”

“…octo-dogs!” Pinkie exclaimed, smiling widely as she presented the octopus-shaped hot dogs, it even had two small holes on each one to interpret eyes. It was complete with rice and ketchup. Pinkie picked up her chopsticks and broke them into two. She smiled again, as always, and lifted her head up directly at Rainbow. “What did you bring?”

Rainbow put her phone back into her pocket, unzipped her bag, and took out a small pack of instant noodles. "I didn't enough time to get proper food, so I brought instant ramen noodles." She explained as she opened it and poured hot water in it. She tore her chopsticks apart and started chowing down.

The two of them talked about all sorts of things while eating their lunch, and suddenly, Pinkie thought of a very interesting topic. She grinned at Rainbow and giggled. "What?" Rainbow asked curiously, still slurping up her noodles.

"Well, I was just thinking that out of all the things, you've never talked about how cute Soarin is." Pinkie wiggled her eyebrows at her, holding up an octo-dog on her chopsticks.

Rainbow blushed a little, but rolled her eyes and finished slurping the strip of noodles on her chopsticks to pretend she never blushed. "What are you talking about?" She asked.

Pinkie chuckled. "Oh, stop pretending. Look at him over there, with his beautiful, sparkly eyes, those handsome muscles, his perfect, soft hair..." She babbled out all these things on purpose, of course, to see what Rainbow's reaction is.

"Alright, I get it." Rainbow snapped. "But I for one don't think so, you know I'm not into those sappy and girly stuff."

Pinkie rolled her eyes with a grin, as if sensing denial in Rainbow's voice. "Well, let's see about that." She said as she pointed her chopsticks towards Soarin, who was all the way to the other side of the room.

Rainbow turned her head to look at Soarin, laughing and hanging out with his friends. Rainbow blushed a little, yet more than before. "W-well...I.....I guess.......he is........kind of......." She said under her breath so quietly nobody hear her. But her pupils shrunk as she noticed that the person she was talking to was a super-hearing, logic-breaking, psychic, noisy and energetic party planner.

Pinkie made a small giggle and grinned. "Gotcha." She said, winking as she made an octo-dog nod.

Rainbow's face was completely red now, both because of embarrassment and anger. She tried to think of an excuse, or at least something to say so this won't be completely directed to her. "W-well, it's your turn!!" She shot back.

Pinkie thought for a moment. "Well, I don't really like anyone particularly, but I think Cheese Sandwich is cute." She grabbed the top of Rainbow's head and turned it around to see Cheese Sandwich, who was at the back of the room. Cheese put a block of cheese on his head and put lots of cheese in his sandwich, almost overfilling it. He took a huge bite of the sandwich and seemed to wink at Pinkie. Pinkie giggled.


Soarin groaned and stretched as he lay himself down on the grass outside the school. "Ugh, I can't believe mid-terms are soon." He mumbled. He closed his eyes and yawned. At last, no more distractions. He could relax peacefully, at least just for a few minutes. He opened his left eye and saw a pink-haired girl walking over to him. He sighed and shut his eyes again, pretending he didn't see her coming.

Pinkie noticed that, however, and smiled instead. "Somebody wants to talk to you." She said in a very sweet and kind tone.

Soarin opened his eyes fully, and sat up straight. "What?" He asked, astonished.

Pinkie stepped a little closer to him and giggled. "Not me, a friend of mine. She's waiting for you at that garden of cherry blossom trees. You know those trees, right? It's behind the school."

Soarin raised his eyebrow. In this school, Canterotu High, there was an old legend passed on by generation to generation. When you confess to somebody in the middle of the cherry blossoms in the school garden, your love will have a better chance of becoming true. Excited, and a bit curious, he got up and went on his way.

Pinkie left as well as soon as Soarin got up. She rushed to her classroom and scanned the whole class. However, the person she was looking for wasn't there. She rushed to all sorts of places, and finally found them in the girl's changing room. She hugged them from behind and smiled.

"Hey, Pink. What did I tell you about surprise-hug-attacking me at the back?" They said, annoyed.

"Hehe, sorry, I can't help it, Dashie." Pinkie said, letting go of Rainbow Dash.

"So, what did you want me for?" Rainbow asked, putting on the top of her school uniform. She spread her hair out of the uniform and put the sports uniform back into her locker.

"I need you to talk to someone for me!" Pinkie replied. "They're waiting for you at the cherry blossoms. You know, the ones in the school garden, not the pathway to school.

Rainbow paused for a minute and turned around to face Pinkie. "Is this a joke? Isn't that a place to 'confess your love' or something?" She asked, kind of annoyed as to why she got into this situation because of Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie smiled again. "Come on, there's no more time to waste. He might already be there." She pushed Rainbow out of the room as fast as she could. "Come on, chop chop!" She pushed harder, but Rainbow was too strong.

Rainbow's eyes widened. "W-wait, 'he'!? What the heck are you making me do!?" She said, letting her guard down as she realized what was happening.

"Come on, Dashie. You have no other choice! Besides, you owe me that time I played for your team." Pinkie said as she took advantage of this moment and pushed her even faster.

Rainbow sighed. She did say that she'd do anything for Pinkie if she helped them out when they were short on members for the big game last year. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Fine, I'll do it. Why am I doing this anyway?"

Pinkie closed her eyes and made a small smile. "Let's just say.....it's for the bright smiles in the future."

Rainbow didn't understand what she meant, but shrugged it off. "Okay.....stop pushing me, I can go on my own!" She yelled, annoyed. Half the girls in the locker room heard her, but Rainbow ignored it.

Pinkie stopped pushing Rainbow, just in time as they arrived at the entrance of the locker room. "Goooooooood luck!" She waved goodbye as she gave Rainbow her best wishes, in hope that it would work. In fact, she was absolutely positive it would go smoothly.

Rainbow waved back and ran to her destination, she didn't want to keep anybody right now.


"Where is he? I think she asked him first, yet he's not even here." Rainbow waited for a while until she lost her patience. She turned around, about to leave, but then...

"Hey, wait!" A voice came from behind. "Sorry I'm late."

The voice was obviously a boy's, and Rainbow could hear the footsteps stop behind her.

"What did you want to see me about?" He asked, stopping inches away from Rainbow as he took lots of deep breaths.

Rainbow was shocked when she recognized the voice. Did Pinkie Pie really just.....? Nevermind that, she now had to come up with something to say. "U-um.....my name's Rainbow Dash....." She said. Her heart was racing, her face was painted red, she was lost for words, what was this feeling...?

Soarin's eyes widened. He rubbed his neck and said, "Y-you're from the football team, right? I know you. I think you're pretty cool." He placed his hand on his mouth, not believing what he just blurted out.

Rainbow turned her head around, just enough for her left eye to see a little bit of him. "You think so?" What was she saying?? Normally, she would say, "Haha, duh! Of cour'se I am!" But for some reason, her words came out differently. "I-I mean, yeah! Of course!" She said, trying to force herself to say that.

Soarin snickered. "Well, is that all?" He asked, checking the time on his watch and turned his head towards the school building.

"Huh??? W-well, no, but, I'd just like to hang out with you....or something...." Rainbow slapped herself, but made sure Soarin didn't notice. What was she trying to say?

Soarin blushed a little. "Well, sure. Where?" He asked coolly.

"U-um.....there's that new cafe in the near the shopping district. We could go there." Rainbow said, trying to remember how the cafe looked like from the outside and its surroundings.

Soarin knows that cafe, but never went there himself. "Okay....pick you up at 8?"

Rainbow nodded, and turned around to finally face him. Her heart started pounding even more. "Well, I gotta go now. S-see ya!" She said, running away as quick as possible.

"Soooooo, how'd it go?" Pinkie curiously said in the hallway where she waited for Rainbow.

"I'm gonna kill you." Rainbow said in a very deep voice and tried not to face Pinkie and hide her completely embarrassed face. She hastily ran to class afterwards.

Pinkie giggled and smiled nevertheless and followed Rainbow to class.


"Mom, I'm going out for a while!" Rainbow shouted as she put on her shoes a the front door. She was trying to be very quick, but she couldn't put her shoes on properly, so Rainbow bent down and put it down.

"Okay, be safe!" Her mom yelled out from the kitchen. "Are you going to be out until after dinner!?"

"Yeah, I'm going to that cafe with....um....." Rainbow trailed off, thinking of possible things to call Soarin. "-a friend! Yeah, a friend." Her mouth moved on its own, even though she didn't intend to call him an actual 'friend' yet. She opened the door and saw Soarin walk towards the house.

"U-um....are you ready?" He asked as he reached the door. "Yeah." Rainbow said. She turned her head to check and see if anybody was watching. She sighed in relief once she confirmed there wasn't anybody and stepped outside to close the front door just in case anybody was.

"S-so.....just to be clear, this isn't a date?" He nervously asked.

"N-no!" Rainbow said, her voice tensing up and raising a little. "I-I mean....this is just a hang out! You know, fellow athletes."

Soarin nodded. He walked Rainbow to the cafe quietly, not knowing what to talk about.

After a few minutes, Soarin coughed and asked her,

"So....why are you hanging out with me again?"

"Why so many questions?"

"Excuse me for not thinking for something else to say."

"W-well, I chose you b-because...."

"What? Because what?"

"I-I-I don't know, okay!?!"

Suddenly, a car came speeding in the road while they were caught off guard. Rainbow was on the side of the road, but the car was so fast and it was about to crash into her. The beeping sound attracted both of them, making them forget the conversation. It attracted Soarin's atention first, and the only thing he thought about was....

"Look out!" Soarin screamed as he pushed Rainbow off the road. Thankfully, the both of them landed safely on the other side of the road. But they didn't quite stop, they rolled a little, and Soarin was the one on the ground. Rainbow landed on top of him. When Rainbow was finally able to clearly see, she noticed where exactly she was.

"G-get off of me!" Soarin shouted furiously, his face a little red.

Rainbow really mad. "You were the one who pushed me and got us into this situation!"

"You were the idiot who was standing in the middle of the road! You didn't even thank me at all!"

The two fell into silence. Rainbow got up and brushed the dust off of her. Soarin got up as well. The two of them continued walking to the cafe like planned.

When they finally arrived, Rainbow stretched and smiled, feeling the coolness coming from the AC.

Soarin looked around and examined the new sight. It was a simple cafe, the sound of the wooden planks on the floor felt nice. The stereo had music of the right choice, and the volume of the music was lowered enough so you can hear each others conversations properly. There were enough tables and chairs that were spread out everywhere. There were flowers on each table, complete with sugar, salt, pepper, napkins, and a mini menu. The two sat down on an empty table for two.

"Welcome to Caffeine Cafe! How may I help you?" The waitress said once she walked over to them. She took out a tiny stack of white sticky notes and readied her pen for writing.

"I'll have a chocolate cake, please. Oh, and some soda as well." Rainbow said, her eyes glued to the many delicious desserts in the menu. She drooled a little, but she quickly took a napkin from the napkin dispenser and wiped it off.

"And I'll have a coconut cream pie and soda too." Soarin added slowly as he took the menu off of Rainbow's hands and examined it himelf.

The waitress smiled brightly as she stopped writing and said, "Thank you! It will be out soon!" She beamed as she walked to the next customer.

After a while, their food came out, and Rainbow started to eat as fast as she could, she never realized how hungry she was.

Soarin noticed her speed, and mistook it for a battle. He tried to eat a little faster. However, they finished together. "Heh, it's a tie." Soarin said, laughing.

Rainbow saw where he was going. "Well, wanna order another round to confirm?"

"Hey, are you trying to prove you're better?" Soarin asked, a little annoyed by this.

Rainbow grinned. "No, I'm trying to prove you're a pussy to not accept my challenge." She said, attempting to trick him into playing another round.

Soarin jumped a little, not knowing her attitude would come out to be extremely different from what he first saw. He then put on a very daring face. "Oh, you're sooooo on."

The two ordered another round, but this time, of the same thing. They decided to order mint chocolate chip ice cream. Rainbow finished first, but tried to hide that she was nearly in a brainfreeze.

Soarin grunted after he finished, facing the fact that he had already lost. "H-how.....?"

Rainbow chuckled. "Guess you're too slow."


Rainbow yawned as she walked in the school's entryway. She looked up and admired the blue skies and the white cotton candy-looking clouds. She also took time to look at the cherry blossom trees on the sides of the pathway. When she entered the school, she stopped to put on her shoes, like everybody normally does. When she finished, Dash turned around, but noticed someone was behind her, watching her. She slowly turned around and saw a cheerful and happy looking girl.

"Heya, how'd your date go?" Pinkie greeted.

"I already told you that it's not a date!" Rainbow yelled. She lowered her voice just so nobody heard what she said.

"Riiiiiiight." Pinkie winked.

Rainbow rolled her eyes. She turned around again and walked to class, but Pinkie still followed her.

"So, how did it go?" Pinkie asked again, doing her best not to mention the word 'date'.

"It was okay, I guess." Rainbow said, trying to think of the past night. "Could've gone worse." She put on a sarcastic-ish face when she thought of what happened on the way there. She closed her locker and started walking to class.

Pinkie wondered what she meant by that and knew she was stretching the truth. But she just didn't feel like commenting and had other plans. She followed Rainbow to class and sighed. "Tsk, tsk, tsk! Rainbow, that's not how it works!" Pinkie said, nudging her. "You hafta make a move!"

Rainbow blushed. She didn't entirely understood what Pinkie meant by that, but knew she was talking about romance. She looked away, trying to hide her blush again. "I already told you, but I'm saying it. Again. I'm not interested in those kind of stuff."

Pinkie smiled and rolled her eyes. "C'mon, Dashie, you don't have to hide it from me!" "H-hide what??" Rainbow asked angrily. "That you like Soarin!" Pinkie yelled so loud that the group of students near them heard what she said. Luckily, it seemed like they didn't understand what Pinkie said. Rainbow's face was dyed red as she quickly pushed Pinkie to the next empty corridor. She started whispering,

"N-No I don't!"

"Yes, you clearly do."

"No! I already said no!"

"Very convincing, Dashie."

"Can we drop the subject?"

"Not until you admit it!"

"I have nothing to admit!"

"Then why did you ask him to hang out with you instead of just saying I forced you into doing this? And also, why is it so important that nobody hears us, and now we're in an empty hallway, whispering?"

Rainbow stopped walking. She couldn't find the proper argue. "B-because!" She started speaking. "I made a promise to you anyways."

Pinkie giggled. "True, true. But you can't keep on denying it."

Rainbow rolled her eyes as they entered their classroom.

To be continued...