• Published 29th Oct 2016
  • 495 Views, 5 Comments

The Exiled One - jawbreaker36



Karpath Rockmaw, an Orc warrior and former slave of the burning legion, finds himself in Equestria, a world of peace, will he adapt to this strange new world? or will his past prevent all of that?

  • ...
 5
 495

Loktar Ogar!

T'was a sunny day in Ponyville, the birds were singing, the sky was clear and ponies were walking around cheerfully, amongst the ponies was Twilight Sparkle, the princess of friendship. She was walking towards her castle with her assistant Spike beside her. " So what's going on Twilight?" Asked Spike.

"We're heading towards the castle because Pinkie Pie said that while she was in the map room, the map activated itself, which means someplace where we're needed, and now the 6 of us are going over there." Twilight replied with a cheerful tone.

A look of excitement appeared on the baby dragon's face. "You think it's something important like when we went to Starlight ' s village? " Spike asked. Twilight immediately had a slight look of sadness at the mention of her apprentice, but re composed herself quickly.

"I don't know Spike, but we're going to find out, we're here!" She said as she opened the door with her magic, the 2 stepped inside and made they're way to the map room, inside the rest of Twilight's friends we're either sitting in their respective thrones or chatting with one another.

"Twilight! We we're starting to worry where you were." Rarity said with a worried tone on her noble voice when she saw her friend walk in.

"Relax Rarity, I'm here now, I'm never miss out on a new friendship mision." Twilight replied while taking a seat in her throne.

"Now then, let's see what our next mission of friendship will take us." The map activates itself and the cutie marks of the 6 ponies present in the room started appearing and disappearing across the map. Pinkie spoke up with her optimistic tone as it happened.

" Oooh, Twilight and Applejack in Appleloosa, no, Rainbow dash and Rarity in Cloudsdale, no wait, ME AND ME IN YAKYAKISTAN!" Soon enough Twilight's cutie mark appeared over Ponyville but started drifting off.

Pinkie spoke up again. "Twilight and..." Fluttershy's cutie mark then appears over the map and going the same direction that Twilight's was.

" Fluttershy in..." The 2 cutie marks eventually stop over the eastern edge of an all too familiar forest. "The Everfree Forest " the 6 said in unison. "W-why is this friendship mission t-taking me and Twilight to the Everfree Forest?" Fluttershy asked as she started shaking in fear. "I don't know Fluttershy, but a mission of friendship awaits us in the everfree forest, and we're gonna solve it."Twilight replied trying to hide the fear in her voice.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Twilight and Fluttershy were trekking through the everfree forest, trying to find the place that the map had pointed to, well, Twilight did, Fluttershy simply followed her friend while she shook in terror. "A-are you t-that we're going the right way Twilight?" Asked Fluttershy in a scared voice.

"We shouldn't be too far from where we're supposed to go" Twilight said while trying to sound comforting to her timid friend. After a moment, Fluttershy could make something out deep in the tree line.

" T-T-Twilight, there's something over there." Pointing her hoof in the direction of the silhouette.

" What in Equestria is that? " Twilight asked as she wastrying to get a better look at the silhouette.

"Twilight...T-T-Twilight." Fluttershy spoke in terror bopping Twilight's shoulder with her hoof trying to get her attention.

"What is it? I was trying..to..." she was silenced by a 4 headed hydra walking towards them on 2 short legs, dragging it's lower stomach an tail behind, it's 4 sets of eyes trained on the 2 ponies, hoping to make a meal out of them.

" HYDRA! " Twilight yelled as she began to back up with Fluttershy right beside her. But with each step the 2 took backwards, the hydra moved forward. This went on until the 2 ponies hit something behind them, it was a big boulder behind them, blocking their escape. The hydra brought it's heads down to nab them, Twilight and Fluttershy held each other and closed they're eyes, awaiting the end.


"LOKTAR OGAR!!" An unknown voice rung out and from the dense treeline came leaping out a creature neither of the 2 had ever seen, it was massive, maybe 7 feet tall, green skin over large muscles, an large axe in an appropriately large hand, and a head of long black hair pulled back. It also wore a sort of black armor, though it had likely seen better days.

The creature leaped towards the hydra and slammed it's fist into it's left most head, this caused a chain reaction with each head hitting the one next to it, this pendulum effect went on for a while until the hydra shook it's heads and turns it's attention towards this new creature. The hydra hissed at this creature, hoping to strike fear in it, but it didn't even flinch.

Knowing this new creature would be a better meal then the 2 ponies, it lunged one of it's heads at this new beast, but it jumped out of the way and when clear, tried to bring it's axe down on the creature's skull. The hydra, reacted by swinging it's head towards him like a whip.

This new creature went flying towards a tree, the sheer weight of the being almost uprooted the tree, but it got back onto it's feet and a look of fury could be seen in the beast's red irises as it stared down the hydra. The hydra let out a screech as it charged the creature, it in turn let out a war cry of sorts and charged, catching the 2nd left head in it's hands.

A power struggle was going down as the hydra head was trying to nab a bite out of it's attacker while the creature was pushing back, trying to keep it away. Exhaustion was pouring from the green creature, but it grit it's teeth and pushed harder, winning the power struggle by kneeling the head's jaw, and while it was disoriented, it brought it's axe down and chopped the top of the hydra ' s horn off.

The head recoiled back, and the 3 others all stared at the now sheered off horn tip, at this, the hydra fled, leaving Twilight and Fluttershy to stare at the exploit of this creature, whom was breathing heavily and leaning on his axe handle for support. It was maybe 20 seconds with none talking, it almost looked like the creature had not even taken notice of the ponies staring at him, until it finally spoke.

"Hmph, coward." It spoke in a deep voice.

Author's Note:

Well, chapter one of this new series, let me know if you guys want to see more, and maybe what you guys want to see, this is a series of sorts where Karpath attempts to adapt and begin a new life in Equestria amongst the ponies of this world.

like and comment.