• Published 24th Sep 2016
  • 1,825 Views, 44 Comments

Sciros - Sapphire Rose 12



Soarin ends up in an alternate universe named Sciros where he's not supposed to exist. His wife doesn't recognize him. What if her love or her hatred was the fate to Soarin's disappearence?

  • ...
2
 44
 1,825

Chapter 9: New Feelings

There was a knock on the door of Rainbow Dash's house. She answered it.

"Hi, Rainbow Dash!" Twilight exclaimed. "May I come in?"

"Sure, but why?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I just want to talk for a while," Twilight said.

Rainbow Dash paused. "I've had some things on my mind."

"Of course," Twilight said. "You can talk to me."

Twilight and Rainbow Dash sat down on the couch.

"What's bothering you?" Twilight asked.

"It's about Soarin," Rainbow Dash said. "He's just made me feel... weird lately."

Twilight got excited. Had their mission been accomplished? Was the curse broken? "Really?!"

"I don't know how to describe it," Rainbow Dash continued. "My heart feels like it's doing these funny flips and then I get completely nauseous."

"Ooh, maybe you like him?" Twilight asked.

"No!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed quickly, blushing furiously. "I think..." She trailed off.

"You think what?" Twilight asked.

"You know how I promised myself not to fall in love?"

"Yeah. What about it?"

"I think... I just broke that promise."






Soarin watched the rose, sadly. Its rose petals still fell, even though he was sure Rainbow Dash liked him. But another rose petal fell and two remained. Two. He knew if he didn't get Rainbow Dash's love by today, his fate was in place.

Memories filled his head and he felt like he wanted to burst into tears. He had failed his family and friends in both Sciros and Equestria. He thought of the ways he had messed up before he left home. Is that how he'd be remembered? As a failure? As the one who messed everything up? He thought of the time Rainbow Dash had kissed him for the first time. It hadn't been a fast and furious kiss like her personality. It had been soft and comforting. It had lasted at least 10 seconds before they stopped. He thought of his proposal to Rainbow Dash. Her friends had been going crazy in the background, excited and hopeful. Rainbow Dash had stood there, shocked and in disbelief. There was at least a minute of silence from her as she just stared at the ring, wondering if she was dreaming. Then, she had said the answer he wanted. Yes. Then, tears stung his eyes as he thought of the wedding. They danced all night and when Rainbow Dash had thrown the bouquet, Rarity had scrambled madly for it. Unfortunately, it was Twilight who caught it. Coincidentally, she got married next.

There was a knock on the door of Soarin's room. "Come in."

Twilight opened the door.

"The curse has to be broken!" Twilight exclaimed. "Right?"

Soarin shook his head. "It's not broken," he said, reluctantly.

Twilight was confused. Why hadn't it worked? Rainbow Dash had told her outright that she had feelings for Soarin.

"But she does like you," Twilight stuttered. "Why isn't the curse broken?"

Soarin sighed. "The problem," he admitted. "Is that the pony has to say the three little words."

"I love you?" Twilight asked, surprised.

Soarin nodded. "Those are the ones."

Twilight's voice was full of alarm and surprise. "Rainbow Dash has a different way of showing her love than saying those words! She's still not ready for that step..."

"It's fine, Twilight," Soarin said, hopelessly. "I'll be gone by sunset."






Soarin and Twilight emerged from the guest room. Twilight shaken, Soarin in despair.

"Hey, Soarin! Hey, Twilight!" Rainbow Dash greeted. "Pinkie Pie invited us on a walk with the rest of the girls! Wanna come?"

Twilight and Soarin nodded in unison. "Of course."

As they met up with the rest of the group, Soarin looked at Rainbow Dash. This wasn't the Rainbow Dash he had married, but he still loved her and he knew it. He wasn't afraid to admit it, but Rainbow Dash was. Rainbow Dash was still afraid of the heartbreak she had been caused in her past. Soarin looked at the ground. He was certain he'd disappear without a trace. But he was so certain, he didn't know that a surprise was waiting in store.

Rainbow Dash looked over at Soarin. She liked the stallion that had come into her life. She knew it and she only worked up the courage to tell Twilight so far. Rainbow Dash was afraid. Do I love him?, she thought. She didn't know if the feelings she had were little or if she had fallen in love with Soarin. Rainbow Dash didn't want Soarin to disappear. But not admitting her feelings right away could lead to her biggest heartbreak yet.

They all took a break at the garden they had danced at the previous day.

Soarin looked at Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash looked concerned. The stallion she had met always had a twinkle of hope in his eye. But now it had vanished completely. He looked at her with sad eyes where all hope had diminished. Rainbow Dash wanted to ask Soarin if he was alright. But she didn't. She was afraid it would only cause tension.

"Is everypony alright?" Rarity asked. "It's awfully silent."

"We're fine," Soarin lied. "Everypony's just... tired, that's all."

It fell silent once more.

But, they didn't know creeping in the bushes was a Bataling eyes glowing red....




Rainbow Dash didn't know what it was. But she suddenly felt like danger was present and they had to escape the area fast.

"Maybe, we should go," Rainbow Dash said.

"Why?" asked a confused Twilight.

"It's not safe here," Rainbow Dash said, quickly. "Come on, follow me."

Soarin jumped up and the rest of the girls copied him. They began to rush out of the area, but it was too late. Their screams filled the air, horrified at the sight they saw. The Bataling had attacked.

Author's Note:

2 more chapters after this one! What do you think will happen?! :pinkiehappy:

I just love leaving my readers with cliffhangers. :rainbowlaugh: