• Published 24th Sep 2016
  • 1,826 Views, 44 Comments

Sciros - Sapphire Rose 12



Soarin ends up in an alternate universe named Sciros where he's not supposed to exist. His wife doesn't recognize him. What if her love or her hatred was the fate to Soarin's disappearence?

  • ...
2
 44
 1,826

Chapter 4: Discoveries Uptown

"This was all because of you?" Soarin was dumbfounded. How could this be?

"Oh, don't act so surprised," Storm Whirl said. "This place was bound to be mine long ago."

"How did you do this?!" Soarin asked, rage running through him for being tricked like this.

"It was simple," Storm Whirl said with a cruel snicker. "All I had to do was create these creatures and unleash them upon Sciros."

"You created these creatures?" Soarin said.

"Well, of course," Storm Whirl said. "The Plunderseeds, The Batalings, The Silvertongues... you name it. Although, the hydras and chimeras just decided to join the fun."

"I can't believe I let you trick me!" Soarin raged. "I trusted you to help me rebuild trust when you can't even earn it yourself!"

"Temper, temper," Storm Whirl said.

Soarin felt steam shooting from his ears, but he calmed himself down.

"Storm Whirl, out of all the times you can bother us, why now?" Applejack asked, irritated. "We're kinda busy at the moment."

"Expect to see me again," Storm Whirl said.

With a beam of light from her horn, she was gone.






"Well, now you understand," Fluttershy said.

"Why didn't you girls want to tell me?" Soarin asked.

"We're just... afraid of Storm Whirl, that's all," Rarity said.

"All the things she can do, the things she might be capable of... who knows what might happen next?" Twilight said.

"Storm Whirl did seem a little strange when I first met her," Soarin admitted. "But, I didn't know she'd open a portal and send me to an alternate universe."

"You're from an alternate universe?!" Twilight exclaimed.

"Oh... uh... yeah," Soarin said. "I was afraid you wouldn't believe me."

"No, we believe you alright," Twilight said. "Storm Whirl is quite the portal master. I know she could do something like that."

"What is your universe like?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"It's called Equestria," Soarin replied. "There's certainly no war. It's usually pretty sunny outside. Oh! And when the lake freezes over, that's when we get go ice skating!"

"Ice skating! Oh, I've always wanted to try that!" Pinkie Pie said, wistfully.

"You do it all the time where I come from," Soarin said. "You're actually really good!"

"You know us in your universe?" Pinkie Pie asked, shocked.

"That explains a lot today," Twilight said. "Can't you get home?"

"There's only one way I can get back home," Soarin said.

"And how do you get back?" Twilight inquired, intrigued. She was hanging onto his every word.

"It's... uh... it's personal," Soarin said quickly.

"Oh," said a disappointed Twilight.

"It's getting late," Fluttershy announced. "We should go home."

"Alright," Twilight said. "We'll see you, Soarin. Alright?"

All of the girls, but Rainbow Dash walked out.

"Aren't you going to follow them?" Soarin asked.

"Nah, I have some extra time on my hooves," Rainbow Dash claimed.

"So, have you ever fallen in love before?" Soarin hinted.

"Love," Rainbow Dash snickered. "You're kinda funny... for a guy, of course."

"Uh... thanks?" Soarin said.

"I vowed not to give my heart away a long time ago," Rainbow Dash said. "It's already broken enough."

Soarin was shocked. Rainbow Dash sounded so unlike herself. What could she have gone through to get her heart so broken?

"I've gotta go," Rainbow Dash said, sharply.

Rainbow Dash rushed out without saying goodbye.

Soarin got out his rose and looked at it. He watched the first rose petal fall gently to the ground.





Soarin walked through the town by himself. He was currently walking downtown. Downtown was buzzing with chatter, but mostly warnings and negative comments. Soarin clutched his saddlebags closely and tried to ignore all the noise.

But, Soarin entered uptown. And everything was quiet. All ponies were silent as they were all thinking and feeling the breeze. They looked at peace for once. Soarin stood looking around. Everything was so quiet. So peaceful. He finally found a place where he could think. He sat down and let his thoughts flow.

He thought about Rainbow Dash first. She was just as beautiful here as she was at home. He wanted her to love him, but what could make Rainbow Dash so negative about love? What could break her heart enough to not want to be in love just once? He turned his thoughts towards the rest of the Mane 6. They were sure different here. It made him want to cry just thinking about how their loving personalities turned so distant so quickly. Then, he thought about the rose. What would happen if the last petal fell? Would they even miss him?

At least, it was quiet uptown.





"The guest gets to decide, Pinkie Pie!! Stop your annoying complaining and be quiet!" Applejack yelled.

"I'm not annoying!" Pinkie Pie argued.

"That's weird," Rainbow Dash said. "Last time I checked, you seemed annoying to me."

Pinkie Pie looked like she might burst into tears. "I'm not annoying! I'm just different! And I wanted to show Soarin Sugarcube Corner first!"

"I'm sure he's very interested in baking," Rainbow Dash said, sarcastically. "What he really needs is to see the old Wonderbolts arena."

Although he wanted to see the arena, he didn't want to hurt Pinkie Pie's feelings.

"It's fine," Soarin said. "You girls can choose---"

"Girls, why don't we come to a compromise?" Rarity suggested. "It will be easier when we choose a place we all agree on."

"We don't agree on anything!" Rainbow Dash argued. "That's why we're not friends in the first place!"

Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash burst into argument, all talking at once.

Soarin was saddened that these girls who seemed to be so close at home were constantly shouting hatefully at each other in a different universe. He knew he had to do something to stop them. So, he did.

"GIRLS!!!" he shouted.

They stopped at the sound of his voice and stared. They had never been stopped from arguing before.

"Pinkie Pie, show me around Sugarcube Corner," Soarin said. "Cake is really delicious. I'd love to try a few samples."

Pinkie Pie grinned.

"Right this way, Soarin!" Pinkie Pie said. "We imported a few cake recipes from Germaneigh!"

Soarin laughed as he followed Pinkie Pie and the other girls followed them. But, Soarin looked back at Rainbow Dash who stared at the ground in sorrow. He hoped she would be okay.