• Published 24th Sep 2016
  • 1,824 Views, 44 Comments

Sciros - Sapphire Rose 12



Soarin ends up in an alternate universe named Sciros where he's not supposed to exist. His wife doesn't recognize him. What if her love or her hatred was the fate to Soarin's disappearence?

  • ...
2
 44
 1,824

Chapter 10: True Love

"Run, girls!" Soarin hollered.

The Mane 6 didn't hesitate and began to sprint away from the hissing, swerving, swooping Bataling. Its eyes glowed bright red and its fangs glistened in the light.

The Bataling immediately chased after them, wind increasing the speed it flew.

It was a blur. The Bataling flew straight at Soarin and hurled him backwards through the garden. He was so dizzy he couldn't use his wings to stop him. He hit the ground and he gasped for air. Burning flames raged in his throat as he breathed. That's what it felt like.

"SOARIN!!" Rainbow Dash cried, in alarm. Her attention was on his face.

Soarin didn't have to look in a mirror to know his face was cut. He could feel the stinging pain on his face.

Rainbow Dash turned to the Bataling in rage. She flew at the Bataling full force. She slammed into the Bataling, impacting it like it had just been thrown off a cliff. It squealed loudly as it landed. Rainbow Dash was about to connect the Bataling with a punch, but the Bataling used its broad wings to brush her away. Rainbow Dash grunted as she hit the ground.

The rest of the Mane 6 pitched in attacking the Bataling. Applejack bucked and hit the Bataling in the face. The Bataling squealed, but it was returned with hissing and a return hit on Applejack. As Applejack groaned from the pain, Fluttershy filled in for her. She always carried her spear in her belt, so she got it out. She slashed wildly at the Bataling, but the Bataling dodged with astonishing speed. Fluttershy was struggling, so Twilight rushed in to help. Twilight hit the Bataling with a blast of magic from her horn. The Bataling squealed in pain and fell to the ground. It struggled to get back up, but it slowly got back up. It had still had the strength to fight the girls.

Rarity tried her best to punch and kick the Bataling. But the Bataling just seemed amused by the mare's futile attempts.

"You think I'm weak, don't you?!?!" Rarity screamed at the Bataling. "Well, let me show you how a lady fights!!"

Rarity leapt onto the Bataling and connected the Bataling with many kicks and punches. The Bataling was surprised at how strong the mare actually was. It hurled her off as it curled up in pain for a few seconds. Then, it stood once more. It just looked like it was asking to be attacked, so Rainbow Dash rushed over to the Bataling.

Rainbow Dash rushed over to the Bataling and finished the fight with a kick in the Bataling's wing. The Bataling cried out in immense pain and it crawled away, helplessly.

"You girls did it," Soarin said, wincing in pain.

Rainbow Dash rushed over and helped Soarin up.

"Are you okay?" Rainbow Dash asked, frantically.

Soarin laughed. "I'm alright. Just a little pain."

Rainbow Dash embraced Soarin and took him by surprise. Soarin returned the embrace with a smile and Rainbow Dash's friends giggled and whispered excitedly.

Soarin looked over at the case Twilight had brought the rose in. It sat on a spot on the ground, concealed so nopony could see it. It didn't look like the curse was broken.

He looked over and saw that the sun slowly began to set. Soarin knew it was over soon.

"We can dance again," Rainbow Dash suggested.

Soarin shook his head. "No thanks."

Rainbow Dash's face fell. "Oh."

Soarin began to feel strange. Then, he let out a grunt. He looked down to see golden light consuming him as it was making him disappear. It was over. It was too late. "No," Soarin said.

"Soarin," Rainbow Dash cried. "What's going on?"

"THE ROSE!!!" Pinkie Pie shouted.

The Mane 6, except for Rainbow Dash rushed over to the case. Pinkie Pie lifted the case and they gasped. The rose only had one petal left.

"Oh no..." Twilight said, trailing off.

"You had a rose?" Rainbow Dash cried, looking over to Soarin who fell to the ground. She caught him in her arms.

Soarin nodded. "Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me that it was me?" Rainbow Dash asked, tears pouring down her face.

"I'm so sorry," Soarin said. "But I really do love you, Rainbow Dash."

Rainbow Dash only hesitated. She couldn't find the right reply, so she was silent.

"You know what I liked best about today?" Soarin asked her, halfway consumed by the light.

Rainbow Dash looked at him, eyes filled with tears, waiting for his answer.

"I had the chance to fall in love with you all over again," Soarin said.

Rainbow Dash nodded. "T-thank you... for showing me what it feels like."

She felt like her world was shattering again. She could barely get the words out.

Soarin closed his eyes ready to accept his fate. Rainbow Dash's friends looked at him, silently crying for both Rainbow Dash and Soarin. Rainbow Dash wasn't ready.

She threw her arms around Soarin and sobbed as hard as she could. "NO! PLEASE! SOARIN! This can't happen to you!!"

It was hopeless. Soarin continued to disappear and fade.

Rainbow Dash admitted her true feelings to him before he could disappear. "Please... I love you..."

Before Soarin disappeared, Rainbow Dash kissed him softly. Soarin had done it, but not in time. Rainbow Dash let go of the kiss, reluctantly not wanting to let go of him.

Soarin vanished into the light. The light faded and turned into glitter that flew off into the wind. Soarin was gone.

With that, the last rose petal fell slowly, slowly, to the ground...

Author's Note:

Oh no! Is Soarin truly gone?! :raritycry:

Don't worry! One more chapter after this! Let's see what happens next!