• Published 19th Sep 2016
  • 2,123 Views, 78 Comments

N.C.I.S The Magic Chronicals - typervader



When a book on chaos magic winds up in Twilight Sparkles hooves she belives she can master it. Meanwhile a group of trained N.C.I.S agents just finished up a mission. What will happen when these to forces meet?

  • ...
13
 78
 2,123

Missing Element, New Life

"...Es!" What sounded like a voice shouting from a hundred miles away trying to talk through a cloud. ".ince...! Pri...ess....es.ia.." With each minute the voice was getting clearer, as the fog of darkness that was clouding Princess Celestia's mind was starting to lift. "Pri..ess Celes.ia..! Princess Celestia!" With one last struggle, Princess Celestia's eyes started to flutter open allowing her to see where she was.


All she could see were multi-colored blobs that slowly came into focus, revealing that she was still in the throne room surrounded by the concerned faces of her guards, the element bearers, and sister. Luna looked like she was ready to swear vengeance on whatever caused her to pass out, though she highly doubted that the letter would survive the encounter long enough for her to interrogate.


At Remembering the message, Celestia Jumped to her hooves as fast as she could, though she stumbled trying to regain her footing, and rushed to her sister, whose concern only doubled. "Luna! Twilight's missing!"
“WHAT?! Princess Luna and the element bearers exclaimed in a voice that was a close match to the ROYAL CAPSLOCK VOICE,” Pinkie exclaimed, much to the confusion of everypony in the room.


“Uh, Sugarcube, who are ya talking to?” Applejack asked, confused by Pinkie Pie’s sudden exclamation, before she decided it was Pinkie and not question it and turned back to the princesses, “And What do you mean Twilight's missing?! You mean she's not here!”


“I meant what I said, Twilight is missing.” Celestia said with a look close to guilt, “A few weeks ago, Twilight found a book written about the elusive chaos magic Discord wealds and asked if i would allow her to study it,” It was here that Celestia sniffed away some more tear that threatened to form, “I thought that if she was going to attempt chaos magic that Discord should be there to at least contain any wild chaos that could, or would, form. I received a letter from Twilight saying that she was progressing faster than she thought she would and was practising with the spells she knew before going to the next spell...” She shifted her face from sad to worried as she trailed off, unsure if she should reveal this last piece of info, then thought how worried they were and spoke, “That was two days ago. Last night I got a message from Spike indicating Twilight was missing and hasn’t been seen since.” By this point faces of Luna and the remains mane six expressions, had gone from worried to distraught as she continued fearing for her student.


In years past, Princess Luna has only seen the sheer panic on her sister's face once before; The day she became Nightmare Moon. To see her in such a state again showed Luna that to Celestia, Twilight was more than a student or fellow princess. The look on Celestia's face was that of a mother losing a foal. They both sat and watch and knew the best course of action was to summon Discord.



Twilight didn’t get much sleep during the night, as she was too focused on working on an illusion spell to make her look more human. She knew she needed to look more human in order to be around her new friends easier, and she wasn’t sure how it worked. Soon, it was already morning, and she could hear Gibbs.


“Morning Twilight? Were you up all night?” Gibbs asked her as she made a cup of coffee.


“I am practicing a new spell in order to help blend in better. I tend to, go a bit overboard, when I study, heh.” Twilight explained, still a bit tired. Gibbs just shrugged and continued.


“Well I hope your ready, we will begin training today. We will need to make sure you blend in better, and that’s the only way to. Eat some breakfast and let’s get going.” Gibbs told her, handing her a bowl of oatmeal.


The meal was quiet and Twilight was busy thinking about what kind of training she was going to have to do. After breakfast, they got back into the care and drove to the office. Gibbs told them to meet in a different place than normal to give them time to prepare. Tony, Ducky and Abby were standing in the garage they were supposed to meet at.
“Alright boss, how do you want to do this?” Tony asked as Gibbs got out of the car.


“I have a solution or, rather, a temporary one.” Twilight told him. “I have a spell that can make me look human for a certain period of time, so that should make this easier.”


“I thought you were just pulling my leg about a unicorn-pegasus hybrid, but I guess they do exist. You said you had a spell that would make you look human? Well, I won’t question it anymore. Go ahead.” Ducky said.


“Actually I’m an Alicorn, a mix of earth ponies, pegasi, and unicorn. Though right now the spell I’m about to do will make me no longer look like a pony; At least it will hide the fact that I’m not a, human,”Twilight said as she lit up her horn. Soon, a purple glowing cocoon enveloped her, and once the light died down, Twilight no longer looked like a pony, but what she looked like when she was found, with a few minor differences. At first glance Twilight looked as she did before, but if you looked closer you would see that her hair, while still having the pink and purple highlights, now looked as if it was dyed instead of natural. Gibbs had explained to Twilight that humans didn’t have hair that came in those colors naturally and explained that to blend in she would have to change her hair color. Twilight had been about to protest changing her hair color until she remembered what Gibbs said about hair dyes.


The other changes Twilight made to her illusion was to give her a set of clothes that would make her look, at best, like she was a school librarian.

“H-How do I look?” Twilight asked after not getting a response for a couple minutes, “I Didn’t make myself naked, did I?” Twilight said looking at herself to make sure.


“N-o-o, you didn’t. You look like a school librarian. That is amazing.” Abby said, a look of shock still on her face. “If I didn’t know what you were before hand I wouldn’t have even given you a second glance.”


“Great! The spell work. I can only hold this for so long however, so we will have to wait until it comes back.” Twilight explained to them, “If I need to I can also make the illusion capable of interacting with physical objects, at the cost of it lasting shorter than it would normally. By the way who is he?” Twilight said while pointing to Ducky.


“You’ve met me before Twilight. Remember when you first woke up? That was me.” Ducky pointed out, and he wasn’t surprised.


“Oh, the doctor who talked to me? You look different and I don’t remember you well. Might be a part of trauma I guess.” Twilight answered, still a bit confused. “How did you find out what I was anyway?” She asked. While it was nice to have another person who knew what she was, she was also nervous when she had heard what Gibbs had said that their government might do if anyone outside those who already knew, learned of her secret.


“I found out after I came back to the autopsy room. Dinozzo here was going on about losing his mind seeing talking pony princess aliens.” Ducky chuckled. Dinozzo just face palmed at how he thought was alone when Abby left the autopsy room. “After asking what he was talking about, and noticing his shifting expression, I put two-and-two together and figured that the girl we found, AKA you, was not as she seemed. Don’t worry though, I won’t try to figure out how you tick.” He said, though with a bit of humor at the last part of his sentence, “Oh yeah, before i forget, Abby what was it Jethro asked you to do earlier?” Ducky said as an afterthought.


“Huh? Oh, He asked me to set up a full background on Twilight here to make it seem like she was born on earth. Namely where she was born, her name, occupation, history, whether she has any diseases, those sort of things,” She said, listing off what she would be doing getting Twilight set up for her extended stay till her people can find her and bring her home, or till she can find a way home herself. They all then headed to Abby’s lab, where Twilight would learn about her new life.

Twilight was standing in short line along with other trainees. To begin training in the first place, she had to pass an interview. Abby helped Twilight practice her new made up backstory and a way to answer all the questions. She wasn’t sure she would be able to lie convincingly, after all, the only one that was a worse liar than her was Applejack.


Twilight also wasn’t sure she would be able to keep her illusion up during the training segments that required her to hold things like weapons, which still made Twilight shudder thinking about it, as she would have to pump more magic into her spell just to keep it stable.


Luckily Twilight did a little magic practice on the way to the Academy and was able to increase the amount of time she could hold the spell. She managed to raise her interactive illusion from thirty minutes to two hours while raising her regular version to five hours, however, she would get tired faster if she kept them going longer than necessary and she would run the risk of blacking out and the spell failing if her concentration was broken due to the strain.


“Greetings, My name is Sergeant Gordon Morris. I will be conducting this interview to see if you will be qualified to join the NCIS special forces. Name?” The gruff voice of the interviewer asked Twilight, who had been sitting there for over an hour already. She was surprised when the person doing the interview sounded and acted like her brother, Shining Armor.


“M-My name is Twi, uh, Talia S-Sparks,” Twilight said with a stutter. Even though Abby and Twilight went over the name a few times, the fact that they decided on making her real name a nickname she would sometimes stumble and almost say her name instead of the made up one.


The only thing Morris did was raise an eyebrow. He had been briefed on this girl's life before she came in for an interview so he had attributed the stutter as her overall nervousness and caution around strangers, poor girl.


"Well Miss Talia, it says here that you were born in a small town in Virginia. Could you clarify what its name is and why you left?” Morris asked in a skeptical tone. It wasn't that he didn't believe her, but he found that places that aren't on a map tend to be destitute or abandoned.


"Its called Ponyville, and yes I know how it sounds, but that's because it mostly specializes in horses," Twilight said, leaving out that the horses were the ones who built the town, “As for why I left, i don’t remember much about it, but what i do remember was the sound wind coming from behind me and a sharp pain in the back of my head.”


Twilight just looked as he saw the man writing something done on a small piece of paper.


“Alright then Talia, it also says you grew up in an orphanage?” He asked, looking on.


“Yea, I never knew my parents. I was always working around the house, and I don’t think many people liked me much. A ma-man soon found me on the side of the road and told me I ran away from the o-o-orphanage. I didn’t really trust him, considering the splitting headache i had, and I was already in his tru-truck when he talked to me. However, he soon forced me to not talk or things would be wo-wo-worse. I wasn’t sure what to do. Didn’t help that he would wh-wh-whip me when I didn’t listen to him or that he was threatening a young blind girl and her mom. I was forced to leave quickly when he threw a k-k-knife into my shoulder. The pa-pain was unreal, and I knew I needed to escape.” Twilight explained, hoping to explain the scars Ducky found earlier, to the man, who was also writing down more info.


“I am quite sorry to hear that. How did you escape this man?” He asked her once more, hoping to get the full story. He had heard about that case, A man kidnapped the wife and the young blind daughter of a Navy captain, who, on his computer, received a demand for $2M. Hard to believe that this same man kidnapped the girl in front of him from a small town as well.


“Well, I managed to get a hold of some of his sleeping pills one day. I put them in the food I was forced to make him, and he soon passed out on the spot. He woke up before I could help the other two and although I didn’t want to leave them, I was too scared to do anything but run. I didn’t stop till i was sure that that man would never find me again and passed out in a dead-end alleyway; That’s when Gibbs found me. I was fourteen at the time, so Gibbs said i could stay with him till we could find where I was from,” Twilight said. What made this a believable lie was that she was speaking the truth at the last bit when she said that Gibbs would let her stay with him till they could help her find a way home.


“Alright Talia, I’m sorry about re-opening old wounds but thank you for answering to the best of your knowledge,” Morris said while straightening out the paperwork on his desk before continuing, “Now, I know that most people would think this was the end of an interview but for the sake of the NCIS we have to check every applicants backgrounds thoroughly, so with that in mind my next question is where did you go to school. It can’t have been easy getting an education while being held hostage,” He said.


Normally when someone talks about their past they will sometimes leave out details of those they think are unimportant, but Morris had a strange feeling this girl was not telling him something. She was too precise with her words and acted as if she had rehearsed them. If he had blinked then he would have missed Talia’s eyes widen just a fraction wider and fill with fear, before becoming masked by an outward calm, but now Morris knew she was hiding something. Something that terrified her.


“You're right that it wasn’t easy to get an education in those circumstances. Mostly, while at the orphanage, they taught me classes there. While I was with t-that man, he didn’t let me leave the house, as if he was afraid someone would recognize me, so I had to homeschool myself while he wasn't home. Once I escaped, Gibbs helped me attend Washington Math/Science/Technology Public Charter School, where I had to work extra hard to make up for my lost time. I always liked science. I even had a small lab back at the orphanage when I was there, Though the matron didn’t like the fact that most of the time she came in to see burn marks on the sheet when an experiment went wrong,” Twilight explained, hoping they put her in the system, as she was told.


Morris looked like he was about to ask another question when his phone went off. “I better take this miss Talia, thank you for coming to see me today and hopefully we can get you into the academy proper by this time tomorrow,” He said getting up and extending his hand toward Twilight. Twilight took his hand and shook it, and he soon saw her leave.


Once the call was finished, he begun to think about what he was told. “I wonder why she lied about the school that she never went to. Maybe some form of escape perhaps? No one could have gone through what she did and come out without nightmares. Or scars. And why did it feel like I was grabbing nothing even though I shook her hand? Plus for a girl with amnesia, she sure knew a lot about her past. I’ll have to watch her.“ Morris said as he looked over the letter that was sent to him by none other than Gibbs himself. The letter was short and to the point, just like Gibbs, but it was the content that worried him greatly and Morris knew there was more going on with this girl than what he was told.


The letter only had four short words in it, but it was enough.

Please keep her safe.”

Twilight left the building, thinking about her next plan. She needed to set up a place to live, as she didn’t want to be stuck with Gibbs, he’s done enough for her. She began walking while mentally searching through all the spells she knew, and came up with the perfect solution. She just hoped Gibbs would allow it.