• Published 19th Sep 2016
  • 2,095 Views, 78 Comments

N.C.I.S The Magic Chronicals - typervader



When a book on chaos magic winds up in Twilight Sparkles hooves she belives she can master it. Meanwhile a group of trained N.C.I.S agents just finished up a mission. What will happen when these to forces meet?

  • ...
13
 78
 2,095

Secrets Revealed

3 Months Later

For three months the Elements of Harmony, Discord, and the Alicorn Sisters searched for their friend, Princess Twilight Sparkle.

For the Element Bearers; they searched all of Equestria, thinking that the spell she was working on simply teleported her somewhere on the planet.

For the Celestial Sisters; they searched the cosmos, hoping that she was found on one of the many friendly inhabited planets in the universe with the locals trying to find a way to bring her home.

Discord, however, searched the multi-verse, thinking back to how teleporting with chaos magic could be. If he could lock onto Twilight’s magical signature then he may just be able to bring her home with little problem.

For the three months they searched, news of Princess Twilight’s disappearance started to spread. It got even worse when the rumors of ponies spotting the missing princess started showing up.

Some even went so far as to impersonate the princess, thinking they would somehow manage to become royalty by tricking the Element Bearers.They always failed though. Even if they managed to fool one or four of them, the Element of Honesty would spot the fake almost immediately, and should they manage to get past her they would still have to get past her ‘pet’ dragon.

It was thanks to most of the idiots thinking that Spike was a pet that he could see the deception for what it was. There were a few who were nice enough to not lie or treat Spike as a pet, but still were found out every time. Those ponies at least had the decency to try to comfort him while they searched for Twilight. Some of the nicer ponies even stayed even after they were found out to help Spike with his chores as he wanted to make sure that the castle was clean when Twilight returned.

Both the Elements and the Sisters had no luck finding her, however, Discord managed to find a faint signal. It was a laced with chaotic fluctuations though so getting a lock on it would be tricky, but if he managed to stabilize the connection long enough to send something through, then they might be able to trace where it and Twilight wound up and start figuring out how to bring her back. With this news Discord summoned the Elements and the Sisters to tell them what he found.


Twilight was sweating after the intense workout she had just gone through, though just by looking at her now, you wouldn’t be able to tell it was her. She had a build more like Big Mac, and while human, she looked like a slightly buffer teenager. Her hair was now a little shorter, but not enough that you would notice right away.

“Whew, that was a workout. Didn’t think I’d make it over that wall in just ten seconds,” Twilight said as she grabbed a bottle of water the instructors had place around the course for the recruits after the training, “And to think, I’ve only been in this world for a week and I already look like I can beat Big Mac and my brother in a hoof wrestling match. Glad I was able to work on my magic without being seen by the other cadets, or else i may have had to find someplace to hide and lose my only chance to find a way home.”

Before Twilight could begin training her magic again though she was called over to Sergeant Morris’s office to discuss something. “What does he want with me today?” She wondered. It had been a stressful week when Morris found out about Twilight’s secret.

flashback

”Now, Twilight, I have been told that you have never held or used a gun before and I’m sorry for having you do so now,” Morris said with a slight frown to Twilight, “But before you can officially be part of the NCIS you need to be able to protect yourself and those who will look to you for protection,” He said as he handed her a pair of large, strange earmuffs, “Those will need to worn at all times in the firing range to protect your ears from hearing loss.” Twilight followed his lead, and put the earmuffs on, though she had to use a little more magic to both keep the earmuffs on her illusions head and create a barrier around her own ears.

Morris then pulled out a Glock 19 and showed it to Twilight. “This is a Glock 19. It is the standard service weapon for the NCIS. The Glock 19 is effectively a reduced-size Glock 17, called the "Compact" by the manufacturer. It was first produced in 1988, primarily for military and law enforcement. The Glock 19's barrel and pistol grip are shorter by about 12 mm (0.5 in) compared to the Glock 17 and uses a magazine with a standard capacity of 15 rounds. The pistol is compatible with factory magazines from the Glock 17 and Glock 18, giving the Glock 19 available capacities of: 17 rounds (standard magazine with +2 extension), 10, 17, and 19 (standard Glock 17 magazine with +2), and the 31 (standard Glock 18 magazine with +2 removed) and 33 rounds of the Glock 18. To preserve the operational reliability of the short recoil system, the mass of the slide remains the same as in the Glock 17 from which it is derived. With the exception of the slide, frame, barrel, locking block, recoil spring, guide rod, and slide lock spring, all of the other components are interchangeable between the models 17 and 19.” He said while pointing out the various parts of the gun. Twilight was impressed by the sheer versatility of the weapon she was to use both in training and when she was out in the field.

“Now, before we can begin, I need to teach who how to use the gun. Now, this part here.” He said, pointing towards a small switch, “Is the safety. When off, the gun will fire. When on, you can’t pull the trigger.” He explained, soon handing her the gun. Twilight had to use her magic once more to hold the gun. “You never want to point the open end towards yourself and you must always leave the safety on unless you’re ready and willing to fire it.”

Twilight was still nervous about touching any kind of weapon, let alone use one. She has seen what can happen to those who wield weapons of any kind carelessly back when she still lived in Canterlot.

“Now for the sake of training we will be using these dummy rounds,” Morris said hold up two small 9mm bullets. One bullet was a bright orange with the casing also a bright orange. The other bullet was a bright green with the casing also green as well. “These orange bullets are called ‘Safety Orange’, yea I know real original name,” He added last bit when Twilight raised an amused eyebrow, “Anyway, the green bullets are another odd name, ‘Zombie Green’.”

Twilight was looking at the bullets when she noticed something..off about them. “Sergeant, why do the bullets look strange, aside from the color?” She was wondering why they looked like plastic.

“Ah, so you caught that did you,” Morris said, amused that this cadet was able to notice that the bullets were made of a hard plastic, “Yes, these bullets are made of a special type of plastic that is meant to still hurt quite a bit, but will not cause any real harm to people. It can still damage the walls and other surfaces to a minimal degree.” Twilight just took note of that, not wanting to get hit by the bullets in the future.

“So, how does this work?” Twilight asked, looking at the glock, not sure how this thing worked. She has never seen such a weird thing. Using her magic to hold this up was taxing on her as well. It was at this moment that Morris noticed something off about how this girl was holding the gun. From a distance it would appear to be nestled firmly in her hand, but with Morris this close to her he noticed that the gun seemed to be floating just a few inches away from her hands and every so often it looked like it wobbled down through her hand as well. He shook his head thinking it was just a trick of the light and regained his composure before continuing.

“To begin, you need to load the bullets into the gun. To do this, you load them in like this.” He showed her how to load the gun by doing it first. “The next step, you need to learn how to shoot. To shoot the gun, you point it where you want to fire, and pull, slowly, on the trigger.” He pointed to the gun trigger. “Be warned, there is a bit of kick.” After he finished showing Talia how to fire the weapon he pressed a button on the side of the firing range to bring out a paper target that looked like a human silhouette and proceeded to explain where the most damage can be done to ensure that the culprit is either subdued or taken down.

“As you can see there five rings on the torso of the target with each ring decreasing in both diameter and radius. Each ring has a score number, indicating how much damage to your target you have inflicted,” Morris said while pointing out each ring and what the numbers indicated, “The seven score ring indicates a body shot that is not only survivable, but also has a chance that the culprit can still get away. The score eight ring is the same as the seven, but with the added chance of slowing down your target. Score nine has the chance of being a crippling shot, stunning your target long enough to capture, but with the added risk of inflicting a fatal blow that will kill instead. The last two rings are strictly for kill shots, meant only if there is no other way to subdue or capture the target. Now that we have covered the basics of gun safety we can now move onto the firing phase.” He said before lining up his first shot.
And fired.
end flashback


I still can't believe that gun had that much of a kick that it flung it straight through my illusion, and the fact that I caught the gun when it was way out of reach to the arms. I’m still glad that he managed to listen to my reasoning for the deception.’ Twilight thought to herself over what happened in the first few days of training, when her secret was found out. She was soon going to meet her other teachers, and she had to not let herself fail again.


She had met a few of her new trainers, and the meetings seemed to go well for her. ‘How am i going to be able to blend in if it takes such a long time to complete training?’ Twilight thought after meeting with the people that were going to be training her on subjects ranging from death investigations to crime scene processing, domestic security, unarmed self-defense, and critical incident stress debriefing to multi-month programs on technical surveillance countermeasures, polygraph, procurement fraud, protective service, and year-long graduate programs in forensic science, foreign counterintelligence, and language studies. Twilight thought that just being here for three weeks would be good enough to be able to hide in plain sight long enough to get home or, barring that, a way to hopefully get help from the princess. Just being able to pass off as a full fledged agent for the NCIS could very well take years, and she didn’t want to know what could happen to Equestria if she was gone for that long.

Right now Twilight was on her way to meet the instructors Sergeant Morris had picked out for her unarmed self-defence, crime scene processing and death investigations , and forensic science. After walking from the firing range she came to the building that she was going to meet the final three instructors that would be going over her training. She just hoped that it wouldn’t get any more awkward after today.


Thomas Parker, every-day bragger, fastest sprinter in the academy, and current arm wrestling champion of West-Virginia, was bored waiting for the girl he was supposed to be doing physical training with, namely how to catch a suspect on foot if he runs and not tire yourself out. His brother Aaron Parker, on the other hand, was extremely nervous about meeting this new girl, even though he has trained other cadets before. But then again, even though he was afraid of his own shadow, when it comes to training in forensics and detective work, he’s the best there is. There was also one more person waiting for this girl to show up; A girl that was to be the unarmed self-defence instructor for the new cadet, but not much was known about her, other than she was from Austin, Texas and lived on a horse ranch. Her name was Gwen Taylor, strongest kickboxer in the US and master of several martial arts, including Taekwondo, Jujitsu, and Karate. Sergeant Morris hand picked her for the self-defence trainer for this cadet stating, ‘You’ll find her to be quite similar to what you train daily.’ When Thomas questioned what he meant by that he only said that this was different the other ‘humans’.

“What do you think this girl is supposed to be like?” Thomas asked the other instructors.

“Ah would assume she's stubborn like the horses that ah train back at the ranch. As for what Morris meant ‘bout her being different than most ‘humans’ is ah think she was born with a third hand, or third eye.” Gwen said.

“You crazy? She’s probably some sort of cyborg robot that the government has been hiding and is just now testing out the kinks.” Thomas argued.

“A cyborg robot? Really? Don’t be ridiculous.” Gwen rolled her eyes.

“Hey guys? What if he was just messing with us when he said that?” Aaron pointed out.
“True, but come on Aaron, what do you think?” Thomas asked.

“She just more then likely has had a strange life.” Aaron pointed out.

“I still think she's a cyborg robot. Or maybe a spy. Heck I wouldn’t be surprised if she was an alien who somehow came to Earth and is just using the training as was way to hide” Thomas chuckled.

“Seriously? An alien? That's about as crazy as if you were saying that she was secretly a talking pony princess trying to get home.” Gwen replied, sighing at the stupid ideas. They kept going on with this for some time until Twilight walked up to the three of them, her spell fully active once more. All of them stopped talking and looked at Twilight trying to find out just what was strange about this girl.

“Um, hi? Are you my instructors?” She asked them, hoping she was in the right place and to end the awkward staring at her. Just as soon as she was about to speak again Thomas and Gwen just sighed and both handed a twenty to Aaron as his guess seemed to be the closest to the truth.

“Yea that’d us. Are you Talia Sparks?” Thomas asked the girl, still trying to find out what made her so strange.

“Yes. So, what happens now?” Twilight asked them.

“I guess we just go over what we will be teaching you.” Gwen said.

“Yea, and not much else too it. I’m A-Aaron.” He said, stuttering just a bit while introducing himself. “That’s my brother Thomas and that is Gwen.” He pointed to them. “Now that the introductions are out of the way why don’t we continue this conversation at the training grounds.”

Just as they were about to leave the building, a strong wind started building quickly in the room. “What’s going on?” Aaron shouted over the growing gale that threatened to rip the chairs and desks off the floor holding onto a desk that was bolted down to the floor. Thomas and Gwen were in the same situation with them close to being picked up by the hurricane that this wind has grown to. Strangely Talia looked completely unaffected by the gale, but at the same time looked like she was searching for the cause of it. While the others were screaming in shock, Talia was actually walking around calmly looking for the source. Finally after a few minutes the hurricane force winds started to dissipate leaving nothing but scattered papers and scared instructors, yet the girl still looked unaffected by the destruction, but now she was looking through the scattered mess like she was trying to find something. They just watched her search for a period of time until she came across a small scroll, quickly picking it up.
“Ok, what just happened?” Yelled Thomas at Talia, getting off the floor while helping Gwen and Aaron up as well,“How was there a hurricane out of nowhere and why were you not effecti-” Whatever else Thomas was going to say was cut off by a blinding flash the engulfed the girl.