• Published 17th Sep 2016
  • 1,259 Views, 13 Comments

Violation of Self - The Journals of Princess Luna - Magenta Gleam



After accepting the Tantabus back into herself something strange has been happening to the dreams of Ponyville. Can Luna fix it or will guilt overcome her again?

  • ...
6
 13
 1,259

12/19/1017

12/19/1017 A.D.

Dear Journal,

I don’t know what I’m doing anymore. I can’t help my subjects and I can barely sleep. Every night seems like a new torture. I sit in the dreamscape watching my little ponies in their nightmares, useless to assist. Tia has come to talk to me several times but I ignore her. She doesn’t know what I’m going through. How could she? She can’t possibly understand how it feels to be useless in her own domain.

Dreams and nightmares are my world. I live in there unlike how I do in reality. But now that is closed off to me. All I want is to help everypony but I can’t do that anymore.

I’m useless. Just a waste of my horn and wings.

Sure I have the moon and stars, and they are beautiful but it’s not like my dream world. There I am the sole ruler and I have complete control. But now, now I have nothing. I am a false ruler sitting on a throne of lies.

I’m sorry dear journal for all this depressive moping, but I can’t but feel this way. All I have ever wanted in life is to be useful and make everypony happy. I can’t do that anymore.

Goodnight my dear journal. I need time to think.

Luna.