• Published 17th Sep 2016
  • 1,258 Views, 13 Comments

Violation of Self - The Journals of Princess Luna - Magenta Gleam



After accepting the Tantabus back into herself something strange has been happening to the dreams of Ponyville. Can Luna fix it or will guilt overcome her again?

  • ...
6
 13
 1,258

12/10/1017

12/10/1017 A.D.

Dear Journal,

Sorry that I haven’t written in you for the past few days but Celestia has been studying so much that I’ve barely had time for any of my other duties. I swear my sister has never taking a look at how our tax code works because it is so convoluted and confusing that I’ve developed a severe migraine ever since the first night.

I am afraid that I have also been lapse in my dream patrols. I’ve barely had a chance to enter the dreamscape, let alone patrol it for nightmares and I worry about any possible progression that the ponies of Ponyville have made these past nights. Actually you know what? I’m going to do that now.

Sorry for the short entry but hopefully the next will be a lot longer.

Princess Luna, Mistress of the Night.



Things are much worse!

I only spent fifteen minutes in the dreamscape and I can see things have progressed much further than I could have imagined. Ponies all over the town are linking their dreams with each other and the nightmares I couldn’t effect before are running wild and I can’t even enter them!

Something must be done about this! My subjects are suffering and I have no idea what to do. But what can I do? I can’t enter their dreams to help them and I’m the only dream magic user in the country. How could I let this happen? This is all my fault. All because I created the Tantabus.

I have to go tell Tia. Maybe she will have the answers I seek, or maybe Twilight Sparkle. That mare probably knows more about magic than my sister and I will ever know. I can only hope she knows how to help.

That’s it! I’ll go see her this morning after I lower the moon. Surely she will have a solution to my problems.

Goodbye dear journal and hopefully by the time I write in you next everything will be better.

Princess Luna, Mistress of the Night.