• Published 22nd Sep 2016
  • 2,227 Views, 166 Comments

My little Twily - Bronycommander



A German veteran Of WW1 and WW2 has lost everything. 15 years after the war, he finds a lost unicorn filly

  • ...
3
 166
 2,227

Chapter 5 Rescue has arrived

Chapter 5: Rescue has arrived

Germany Volkach

Two weeks have passed after I found Twilight. She hadn’t had any nightmares after her breakdown. Her wound was healed; the scratches and bruises were gone. The Leader of the group that attacked her in the park was send to prison after his “comrades” testify against him. He blackmailed them to work for him. The two boys were released after this. They also apologized to Twilight, for what happened, which she accepted. Lukas and Paul came regularly to visit me and Twilight to play with her, watch cartoons and so on. They did even a sleepover. Sarah, Julia and me did make a present for Twilight, to help her against homesickness. But we decided to show it to her, after our little role play.

Jonas was a German scientist that holds Twilight as prisoner while Hans played as an allied agent that mission was to safe her. “Agent Wesley, isn’t it? You are a coequal enemy. But this ends now. Let me introduce you to someone. Do not confuse it with the mere prototypes you've encountered. This is the pinnacle of all my research. Das Über-Soldat. The Super Soldier. It will be my pleasure to watch it destroy you."

The Super Soldier was me in my Wehrmacht Heer Uniform with gas mask. The prototype was me in my older Imperial German Army uniform with mask minus the haube but with helmet. I was “armed” with an MG and a Panzer Faust. Hans was “armed” with a SMG and an FG 42.
I stepped out the Door to start my attack with the MG. Hans took cover and waited until I had to reload. He used this to fire a bust with his SMG. But this attack did no damage to me.

“Give up Wesley, the Super Soldier is invulnerable to small arms like this,” Jonas taunted. Then Hans toke notice, that the breathing device, consisting of the Gas mask and the backpack that was connected to it, was the weak point of the Super Soldier. I fired the Panzer Faust but Hans dodged it and fired with his FG 42 on my backpack. It “exploded” and I coughed. Hans used this to his to finished me off with a bullet to my head. I let out a dead scream and fell to the ground.

“Impossible! This can’t be! We will fight another Time.” Jonas couldn’t believe that the Agent destroyed the Über-Soldat and fled.

“My hero,” said Twilight.
“There’s no need to thank me miss, it’s my job. But now, let’s bring you to safety,” Agent Wesley replied.

Julia, Sarah, Lukas and Paul had watched everything. They laughed. Jonas, Hans and Twilight too. I resurrected and laughed too. I took my mask off. “Well, this was fun.”

“Yes, I had never so much fun before, James,” Twilight replied.

“Everything to make you happy and see you smile, Twilight. Let’s get inside; we have a present for you,” I said to her. She was exited after she heard this. I changed my clothes to my suit.

“Close your eyes and open them only when said,” Julia spoke to her. “And no peeking.” Twilight obeyed. We picked up the gift.

“You can open your eyes,” Sarah said. Twilight let out a gasp and a tear of joy. The gift was a collection of self-made plush toys of her family. “Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! That is the nicest gift I ever seen!” She let out.

“You’re welcome. We made it to help you against homesickness. It was James idea,” Hans explained.

Twily hugged me. “Apart from my Family and the Princesses, nopony was ever this nice to me.”
“As I said everything to make you happy,” I responded.

Before she could answer, we heard a knock on the Front door. Only my Friends visited me and nobody else. I told Twilight to hide upstairs. I opened the Door. Before me, stood Princess Celestia in person! Or should I say inpony? Never mind. I was so stunned from her beautiful hair floating in the air and her beautiful yet imposing appearance, that I didn’t know if I should bow or salute to her.

Before I could do anything, she spoke up, “Good day Sir, is Twilight Sparkle here?”

“Yes. Please come in.” I stepped respectful aside. After the Princess came two guards and Twilights family. Hans and Jonas were sitting on the couch. They stood up and saluted when they saw the Princess. “At ease. There’s no need to be respectful like this,” She spoke to them.

“Nice place you have here.” Cadence looked around.
“Pardon Sir, but we are looking for our Filly, is she alright?” Twilight’s mother asked me.

“Of course. She is upstairs, playing with her friends.”

“Friends? Do you have a good relationship with her?” Her father had a confused look on his face. Before I could answer, Shining Armor and Cadence had noticed the plush toys and the drawing.

“Oh how cute. Did you make the toys by yourself?” Cadence looked with joy at them.

I nodded. “It was my Idea, but all my friends helped me with it. It was supposed to help against homesickness.”
“How nice from you. She really missed ours. But could you tell us how long it was ago when you found my sister?” He was looking at the picture. “
Two weeks. I found her scared and crying in an alley during a Thunderstorm.”

Twilight's parents had a shocked look on their faces after they heard this. ”Good, that you did found her. I cannot image, what happened to her, if you didn’t found her. By the way, how did you found her?” Twilight’s mother asked.

“Well, I did a walk in the evening. My Backstory is, however difficult to explain. But how about that I call Twilight down? She will be very happy,” I suggested.

“Good Idea.”
I called, “Twilight, you have visit.” At first she was unsure who the visitor was. But she was very happy when she saw her family.

“Mommy! Daddy!”
“Twilight! We are so happy to see you again and so glad that you are alright.” Her father said while he and his wife hugged their daughter.

“Don’t forget your brother and your foal sitter.” Shining Armor had tears of joy in his eyes.

“Bbbff!” She hugged her brother.
“Hey what about me?” Cadence asked.
“Cadence!” Sunshine Sunshine ladybugs awake clap your hoofs and do the shake!”

I smiled, when I saw how Twilight was reunited with her family, and so did my friends. Princess Celestia however tried to hide her smile, which she made very well that I almost didn’t notice. “Oh, how impolite. My name is Jessie Günther but most people call me by my Nickname James. These are my friends: Hans, Jonas, their wife’s Julia and Sarah and their Children, Twilight's best friends, Paul and Lukas.”

“Pleasure to meet you. I am Velvet Sparkle and these are my Husband Crescent also called Nightlight, our Son Shining Armor and Twilight's foal sitter Cadence,” Velvet introduced Twilight's family.

“And I’m Princess Celestia, ruler of Equestria and in control of the Sun.”

“Nice to meet you all. It is an Honor to meet you your Highness.” I bowed respectfully. “But tell me, how did you find her?”

“Mrs. Sparkle can explain it,” Celestia said.

Velvet spoke up, “Well, since Twilight was missing, I had nightmares about her. But in one of these, you came to my aid to help me find her. I told Princess Celestia about my Dream. She ordered her guards to search the earth for our Filly.”

“Are these awards you are wearing on your suit?” Shining Armor pointed with interest to my awards.

“Yes. I am a War veteran. Twily told me everything about you. She also told me that you wanted to be a royal guard. I wish you good luck with that.” Shining armor blushed.

“I’m quite surprised. I expected more resistance,” Celestia said.

“Why would I? I care for Children. Besides, I promised Twilight to take care of her until you would come.” Even after my Family died, I still care for children.”

“Your Family died?!” Cadence was shocked. She looked at the pictures on the wall.

“Yes. They died in the war. I never came over it. Until I found Twilight. She helped me. But she also remind of my son,” I explained.
Nightlight had a curious look on his face. “Let me get this right: You deployed a father/daughter relationship?” I nodded. “But how can our daughter remind you of your son?”

“My past is dark and difficult to explain. But I try my best to tell it.”

“That won’t be necessary. I can cast a spell that shows us you’re past. That will make it much easier for you to tell. If you want of course. But if you don’t want you don’t have to,” Celestia explained.
“No I want to tell about my past it’s only fair.”
“Ok but I must warn you all that it will blend you so better cover your eyes.”

Everybody and pony closed their eyes. Celestia's horn glowed white.

Author's Note:

Looks like Twilight is finally reunited with her family. Interested in James past and Experience as soldier?

As you can guess, the role play was based after the fight with the Super Soldier from the game Return to Castle Wolfenstein