• Published 5th Sep 2016
  • 648 Views, 10 Comments

The Incredible Tail of Fluttershy / Raritoots - TheMajorTechie



Not too long after the Buckball game, everyone realizes that Fluttershy's tail pretty much has a mind of it's own. All the while, Rarity's gone partying with a Pinkie clone.

  • ...
2
 10
 648

IT LIVES!

The moment the team arrived home in Ponyville, Fluttershy found herself pinned to the ground by Twilight.

"Tell me, Fluttershy, how does your tail do that?!" Twilight exclaimed, excitedly levitating a notebook and pen.

"Um, I kinda just... do it..."

"Come again?"

"It-- it just does."

Twilight cocked her head.

"What do you mean, 'it just does'?"

Fluttershy shrugged, lifting the ball with her tail to show Twilight.

"See? It just does it. I don't know how, or why it's possible, all I know is that my tail's strong."

"I know that, I mean, seriously, how can a bundle of hairs sticking out of a spine extension be so similar to a hand in function?" Twilight replied, earning a few sideways glances.

"Um, Twilight," Rainbow said, "you never really told us what a hand is when you came back through the portal..."

A few minutes later, as well as a certain pale unicorn artistic purposes, Twilight began to continue her mindless ranting.

"So, with such little muscle mass contained within most tails, that would mean that the tail must be assisted by an external for--"

Pinkie shoved her hoof in Twilight's mouth.

"Less, talky, more walky!" She exclaimed, pointing out the fact that aside from rarity, they'd only traveled a quarter of the way back to Twilight's castle... or really any of their homes...

"She's got a point, y'know," Applejack added, walking ahead of the group.

Fluttershy flew above the rest of them, humming a little tune to herself as she tended to some birds who had landed on her tail. Suddenly, her body jerked backwards as her tail whipped itself at the birds, scaring them off. Fluttershy screamed at the top of her lungs to see her tail suddenly take what seemed like a life of it's own.

"WHAT THE BUCK WAS THAT?!" Applejack shouted as she looked upwards.

Fluttershy continued struggling with her tail, of which was now thrashing about madly in the air, as if it were some wild beast.

Rainbow Dash zoomed towards Fluttershy to see what the matter was. Her eyes widened at Fluttershy's crazy tail.

"Hey Flutters," she called, "what's up with your tail?!"

Fluttershy landed the best she could, landing on her face from the tail refusing to sit on the dirty ground.

"Oof!"

Twilight turned to face Fluttershy.

"It seems almost as if her tail's... alive..." She murmured to herself, poking Fluttershy's tail with a twig.

The tail jerked once again, grabbing hold of the stick and flinging it at Twilight's face. Instinctively, Twilight ducked, casting a shield spell as she did so.

"Your tail's going wacko!" Pinkie shouted as she pointed at Fluttershy's enraged tail.

Fluttershy rolled her eyes, which her hiding behind her hooves.

"I know that Pinkie... but why does it have to be wacko?"

Pinkie, being the one who knows all, heard Fluttershy's soft voice over the sounds of flying dirt.

"Idunno!" She exclaimed, "It's just wacko!"

Twilight continued inspecting the tail, and suddenly plucked a strand of hair from it. Of course, this only made the tail even more enraged, going from kicking up dirt to hauling small rocks and flinging them.

"IGOTTAGONOWBYE!" Twilight suddenly shouted, disappearing with a flash of magic.

~~~{Two Minutes Later...}~~~

Fluttershy sat by the river bank, sighing grumpily as her tail splashed about in the calm waters. Twilight suddenly reappeared beside her, with a small mountain of papers.

"I found out why your tail's crazy!"

Simultaneously, all the ears of the mares perked up.

"POISON JOKE!"

Pinkie giggled nervously as she backed out of the area.

Author's Note:

Just a little something I came up with based off the latest episode. :twilightsmile: