• Published 2nd Sep 2016
  • 3,541 Views, 30 Comments

Soarin Into Love - Tropical Beats



It's been a while since Rainbow Dash became a Wonderbolt, and Soarin is still too scared to admit his true feeling towards her.

  • ...
1
 30
 3,541

Chapter Three: Night Flight

"R-rainbow D-dash! I'm s-so so-sorry!" Soarin stuttered with a mad blush on his muzzle, "I couldn't sleep, then I heard a noise when I was in the dinning hall, and then-"

"Heh, calm down, Soar!" Rainbow Dash said cutting him off with a chuckle, "It was an an accident." She casually said with a smile. Soarin let out a sigh of relief. It wasn't until a question came into his mind.

"Uh... Dash?"

"Mhmm?"

"What are you doing outside? It's 2am."

"I know that! I just couldn't sleep. It's easier when I sleep during the day for some reason. I've never actually go to bed ever since I became a Wonderbolt." She said, "Also I'm really exited to go back home to Ponyville. I need to pick Scootaloo up when I go back. She stayed over at Sweet Apple Acres for the past two weeks." She said with a thoughtful grin on her face.

"I still can't believe you adopted her!" Soarin said.

"Well, the kid was abused with Foster Care. What else did you expect me to do?" She said.

"Guess you're right." He said.

"Of course I am!" She teased, "Wanna fly with me?" She asked. And like that, the crimson blush that was wiped away from his muzzle returned. He was still for a really long time. It wasn't until something flung straight into his face. Soarin shook his head and looked above him. There laid a snickering Rainbow Dash, "You should've answered!" She said still laughing. It wasn't until the little bits of cloud left over from the impact caught her eyes. That evil smirk returned to her muzzle as she yelled, "CLOUDBALL FIGHT!!!"

"W-what?!" Soarin yelped, his eyes widening is realization. Small bits of clouds shaped into balls were being flung into his face. I was until he broke apart a cloud of his own and tried to get back at Rainbow Dash, "You're not gonna get me, Crash!"

"Oh, in your dreams, Clipper!" The two threw around the clouds until there were no more in their area. After a few moments, Rainbow's sharp eye caught one not to far away. She quickly dashed and broke it apart. Soarin gulped as he flew away, soon finding his own cloud. It wasn't until Soarin couldn't take it anymore. Rainbow Dash always found a cloud before him.

"Alright! You win, you win! Just let me go!" He cried. Rainbow Dash chuckled, resisting the urge to do her victory dance. It wasn't until she realized something.

"Are we in Canterlot...?" She slowly asked. Soarin looked down below to see the beautiful landscape of the majestic Canterlot, "Whoa!" Rainbow Dash said in amazment, "Canterlot sure looks cool just before sunrise!" She exclaimed.

"Wait... SUNRISE?!" Soarin yelled in disbelief, "We've been flying around hitting one another with clouds for about two or three hours!"

"Good thing today is a day off..." She muttered. The two looked at each other and broke into laughter. Rainbow Dash simply closed her wings and slowly fell dell down (like she did back in "Testing Testing 1 2 3"). Soarin did the same and the two had Canterlot passing throught their eyes in a flash. The two randomly hit a bump and found out that they reached the ground, "Wanna go up to that cloud?" She asked, "And don't worry, I won't attack you." She teased and flew up. Soarin blushed as he followed her. The two were sat on the cloud and simply began talking.

"Hey! isn't that Sassy Saddles?" Soarin asked Rainbow Dash. It wasn't until he found out that she was sound asleep, "Oh, so now she sleeps." He said, rolling his eyes and rapped his wing around her. He blushed as he fell asleep next to her.

Author's Note:

So... Not so good for this chapter, but something does happen in the next!:raritywink: